Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I really like the show now. I stopped watching after Stewart left (and I cut the cable cord and didn't really bother to search it out), but I picked it up again after Trump took office and it's a much-needed catharsis from the world talking seriously about the current administration.

I'm glad to see Noah's version of the show got over the growing pains of starting over without Stewart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I loved the peak blackness segment, but I'd not seen the footage of that dude rolling around the Oscars kissing actresses and holding awards while madly taking selfies. Not even Jimmy Kimmell could shut him down!

But sadly the best line in the whole show was, once again, spoken by John Oliver :laugh:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
This protestors bit is infuriating. I'm trying to remember if Colbert would have done the segment any differently back in his day

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The bit's infuriating or the subjects?

It made the point that people protesting are real. I didn't think it was that funny.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I was more thrown off by the writers thinking that chanting "shame" originated with loving game of thrones.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

The bit's infuriating or the subjects?

It made the point that people protesting are real. I didn't think it was that funny.

The people but I guess I also felt Desi could have mocked them a bit better if that makes sense?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
This episode was my favorite in a while. (Taking apart Trump's speech)

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
WINNERS
YOUNG
HEALTHY
INSURERS

LOSERS
ELDERLY
POOR
SICK

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Anyone else getting a bit depressed anytime Klepper interviews Trump supporters? it's always the same craziness and the campaign rallies never seem to end.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Donnie supporters still showing they're stupid pieces of poo poo.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Anyone else getting a bit depressed anytime Klepper interviews Trump supporters? it's always the same craziness and the campaign rallies never seem to end.

I mean, the nature of the show and the show's stance against their candidate means he must make a beeline for the craziest people at them.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

I mean, the nature of the show and the show's stance against their candidate means he must make a beeline for the craziest people at them.

Yeah, but judging by the sun in the videos, it's not like it took long to shift through people to find the crazy.

Although I suppose being covered in facepaint helps.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Mar 22, 2017

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
It took long to find people willing to sign a release form/people that no longer feel shame.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I confess

Meal team 6 both made me laugh hard and is one hell of a loophole. :D

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

shades of eternity posted:

I confess

Meal team 6 both made me laugh hard and is one hell of a loophole. :D

It was an excellent segment.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Did anyone else see that?? It looked and sounded like an interruption of the feed.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Jiro posted:

Did anyone else see that?? It looked and sounded like an interruption of the feed.

I assume it was deliberate but still, what the gently caress.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Polygynous posted:

I assume it was deliberate but still, what the gently caress.
Yeah, felt like an ARG/viral thing where they try to make it seem like someone hacked the feed. Something to do with Russia and the president.

Edit: it listed a site:
http://www.thepresidentshow.ru
(registered by Viacom, spoilers!)
redirects to a twitter account in russian

Lemme guess, they want people to follow this account, thinking he will leak stuff like the piss tape, then on Saturday (April Fool's Day), they prank everyone.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 30, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, felt like an ARG/viral thing where they try to make it seem like someone hacked the feed. Something to do with Russia and the president.

Lemme guess, they want people to follow this account, thinking he will leak stuff like the piss tape, then on Saturday (April Fool's Day), they prank everyone.

Looks like, a decent attempt at a prank though. It still was very weird right in the middle of TDS. Oh well I'm still looking forward to Toonami April Fool's Day stuff. Fingers crossed for an all farts episode of new Samurai Jack.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Unless it's in the interview (or I missed it? But you make it sound pretty noticable) I don't see it on the website version.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Twitter account followed by Comedy Central. :rolleyes:

Still, looking forward to seeing where this goes!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

JazzFlight posted:

Or just marketing for the trump tweet museum.

e:
In case you're too lazy, the tweets say, in the order posted:

Make the night again late

Great things ahead!

Make the television gorgeous again!

IRQ fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 30, 2017

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
AV Club is guessing it's related to some kind of TJ Miller/Comedy Central show?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

It looks like they rushed curling Michelle Wolfs hair back from her recent relaxed look for that Rachel Dolezal bit.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I did think Michelle Wolf was black :o:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The Annie joke got a big laugh out of me. It was too perfect.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Great interview tonight, but horrible sketch by Roy Wood. Black twitter is awesome, but there are more insane racist shitlords and Macedonian fake-news spreaders on twitter than black people. Twitter must be destroyed.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

That ad for The President Show taking back the Colbert/Nightly slot has me slightly intrigued... and thoroughly horrified. :stonk:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Majorian posted:

Great interview tonight, but horrible sketch by Roy Wood. Black twitter is awesome, but there are more insane racist shitlords and Macedonian fake-news spreaders on twitter than black people. Twitter must be destroyed.
Black Twitter is the only redeeming part of Twitter.

The rest is either an alt-right/gamergate shithole or white Hillary supporters and white Bernie supporters fighting over who's more woke.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Echo Chamber posted:

The rest is either an alt-right/gamergate shithole or white Hillary supporters and white Bernie supporters fighting over who's more woke.

Twitter is what you make of it. I use it primarily to follow sports and friends and it's great for that.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

Also there's weird Twitter which just compares current events to Metal Gear

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Echo Chamber posted:

Twitter owns. Twitter gives everyone, from the illegitimate president of the USA to celebrities, to regular every day idiots, an unfiltered megaphone with which to blast their stupidity/racism/etc. out into the sucking void of the twitterverse. And when you tweet into the abyss, the abyss tweets back.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/30/us/drexel-professor-tweets-trnd/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/01/former-clinton-volunteer-in-hot-water-after-swipe-at-widow-fallen-seal.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/magazine/how-one-stupid-tweet-ruined-justine-saccos-life.html?_r=0

http://www.businessinsider.com/fired-over-a-tweet-2015-5

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

IRQ posted:

Twitter owns. Twitter gives everyone, from the illegitimate president of the USA to celebrities, to regular every day idiots, an unfiltered megaphone with which to blast their stupidity/racism/etc. out into the sucking void of the twitterverse. And when you tweet into the abyss, the abyss tweets back.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/30/us/drexel-professor-tweets-trnd/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/01/former-clinton-volunteer-in-hot-water-after-swipe-at-widow-fallen-seal.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/magazine/how-one-stupid-tweet-ruined-justine-saccos-life.html?_r=0

http://www.businessinsider.com/fired-over-a-tweet-2015-5

James Thurber posted:

Nowadays most men lead lives of noisy desperation.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Everyone I don't like is Alt-right

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Generic American posted:

That ad for The President Show taking back the Colbert/Nightly slot has me slightly intrigued... and thoroughly horrified. :stonk:

Speaking of that slot...

quote:

Comedy Central is going to install one of its own in the time slot it unceremoniously took away from Larry Wilmore last summer, announcing today that Jordan Klepper will have his own show airing at 11:30 p.m. come this fall. The network is banking on Klepper’s “Daily Show persona,” often that of a clueless bro, meaning he’ll likely host as “Jordan Klepper” the same way Stephen Colbert once hosted his own nightly show as “Stephen Colbert.”

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I don't know what I think about that but it's not like you could pay me to watch Nightly or @midnight so that's a win for Comedy Central in that I'll at least try it.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

So the President Show is just a temporary thing?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

jojoinnit posted:

So the President Show is just a temporary thing?

I mean ratings aside, it's only a weekly show to begin with; it's taking thursdays at 11:30. Reducing the burden on the Klepper project to 3 days a week might be a good move after the creatively bankrupt Nightly Show shat itself at least 3 of the 4 nights it was on anyway. Maybe Klepper can handle 3 nights of being a Colbert-lite?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Interesting way to divvy it up, honestly. I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll work for myself, when the time comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Nah, President Show and the other atrocious announcements are all gonna be filling the space through fall (like that TJ Miller thing is one day, etc.) Article says he's Mo-Th.

• Locked thread