Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mistaya posted:

How DO you get a defense win. I got one once. Ever. I think it must have been a joke. Tried a lot of different things, maybe it's because I don't have a bunch of 40s yet. Still, a strong mid-range team should manage to win occasionally. I know I've lost to mid-range teams without any special gimmicks or super-strong units.

:sigh:

My team of Lucina/Tiki/Sharena/Julia has no trouble getting multiple defenses every week. Not sure what about it is so effective though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mistaya posted:

How DO you get a defense win. I got one once. Ever. I think it must have been a joke. Tried a lot of different things, maybe it's because I don't have a bunch of 40s yet. Still, a strong mid-range team should manage to win occasionally. I know I've lost to mid-range teams without any special gimmicks or super-strong units.

You don't need to kill their whole team to get a defense win. Many people quit if they lose a single unit so your defense teams only needs to be able to get that one kill.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
If you're using a bonus character, put them in the first team slot so they appear on other's selections perhaps? Ursula scored me more defense wins last season than the previous two combined.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mistaya posted:

my team(Ephraim, Effie, Kagero, Young Tiki) is tilted very hard to crush certain comps. I have no way of knowing, but I would bet a lot of my wins come off of like double swordlord mage comps and whenever a triple ranged comp shows up they just crush me. It basically doesn't matter to me if 90% of the meta facerolls me if I can make sure I can beat that last 10% as long as the player doesn't play immaculately.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Honestly defense wins don't even really matter when it comes to advancement as long as you score well enough on Offense.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

Honestly defense wins don't even really matter when it comes to advancement as long as you score well enough on Offense.

One is pretty nice.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
All right I've got a hundred and twenty orbs to burn, let's get flushing. :rolldice:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I pulled Bunny Chrom, so watch him be the only one not worth getting.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Can someone rundown these new skills they get? The Notifications page isn't loading the format properly on my phone.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Also pulled bunny Chrom, 40 orbs in so far. Carrot Axe+ 13 mt, recover 4 hp after battle. Shove. Attack/Def +2. Axe Experience: If Chrom survives, all axe users get 2x exp. (looks like utter poo poo so far, maybe his stats can save him).

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Pulled up paralogue 1, enemy bunny chrom has the same skills so I'm guessin Camilla draws will have the same as the unit I'm seeing here. At lvl 40 she has: Green Egg(Mt7), recovers 4hp after battle, Rally Attack, Defiant Spd, and live for bounty (if unit survives, get 1.5x normal badges from training tower)

e: As usual, bunny Lucina looks like the prize. She has Swift sparrow, which is an A slot skill that I believe is +4atk/spd if initiating combat, as well as seal res and decent stats

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 30, 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i got the bunny

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

That's a lot of bunnies.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Spent 200 orbs. Got 5* Catria, Raven, and bunny Camilla, along with my very first Nino. Not terrible, but I'm definitely gonna be pouring all my orbs into this banner as long as it's up.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

Can someone rundown these new skills they get? The Notifications page isn't loading the format properly on my phone.

So all the new weapons are pretty bad, doing nothing but providing a heal if you initiate combat, Camilla and Xander have a skill that gives 1.5x badges from the training tower which has to be the worst skill in the game, Lucina has darting blow 2 + death blow 2 for an A skill, and Chrom has +2 to attack and defense and a skill that doubles xp for axe units.

Retcon posted:

That's a lot of bunnies.

congrats. my hope was to roll 4 xanders, or 3 xanders and a chrom, but i got the other two. i feel like i've lost out on gimmick arena teams.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bunny Lucina's +4 ATK/SPD on attack seems really loving good. It's also inheritable.

I also got a +ATK/-HP Nino, which might be worth promoting.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My very first Nino is -spd/+res, I think I'll just stick with Julia or my new bunny Camilla (if she's actually good)

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Is Peri any good? I don't hear anything about her at all, so I assume not - in which case I'd rather have not gotten the 5* so I still had higher chances at the focus. :sigh:

Spent 80 of my 200 or so orbs and got her and Abel, maybe I'll try some more later - these are so far the only characters we don't expect to be put into the regular rotation, right?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Retcon posted:

That's a lot of bunnies.

I'm mad.

But also congrats.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

akulanization posted:

So all the new weapons are pretty bad, doing nothing but providing a heal if you initiate combat, Camilla and Xander have a skill that gives 1.5x badges from the training tower which has to be the worst skill in the game, Lucina has darting blow 2 + death blow 2 for an A skill, and Chrom has +2 to attack and defense and a skill that doubles xp for axe units.

congrats. my hope was to roll 4 xanders, or 3 xanders and a chrom, but i got the other two. i feel like i've lost out on gimmick arena teams.

I think the healing weapons may be useful for high hp/def heroes like Effie. Or maybe I'm just wrong and the brave lance is better Idk I don't have her

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Pulled Spring Camilla (and a 5* Effie). She looks like a pretty poor unit baseline. Green Egg+ has only 11 Mt, so I might just give her Gronnblade. She also gets Rally Attack and Defiant Spd. Kinda ehh without inheritance, though flyer mage has its merits.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Rolled Bunny Xander (seems meh) and a 5* +Atk/-Spd Effie so far :toot:

e: Xander is +Atk/-Spd :(

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 30, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Spent a little over half my orbs chasing Lucina. Got Xander, Camilla, and Chrom :v:

I know I shouldn't complain but I feel like the game is sorta taunting me.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I got a bunch of 4* filler and an Azura. My luck has been crazy pulling off banner units. I got two Kageros, three Lucinas, two Young Tikis and FOUR Hawkeyes all off banner. I think my last focus unit was a single Karel at the start of blazing shadow.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Just noticed that Xander's horse is eating a carrot, aww.

akulanization posted:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm mad.

But also congrats.
Thanks! I felt a bit bad posting that screenshot, because I know how envious I get when people post those kind of rolls (no matter how good the units actually are) but I just had to post it.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
As wonderfully ridiculous as this all is, I'm probably going to hold off on this banner until I'm sure that these units are any good.

I'm being THAT GUY yes I know, but I'm not made of orbs, man.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

+Res/-Atk Bunny Chrom :eng99:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rolled no Bunnys but got a 5 star Ninian instead. Which I'll accept considering I didn't roll on the previous banner at all.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

At least I saved myself a cool 20k feathers rolling an Effie better than the one I was thinking about 5*ing. I don't think either of my buns are very good unless they have nuts stats and even then they both have bad IVs.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I got a Lucina, which is cool. Also, you can give the egg/carrot weapons to other characters, so if you have some spear-users in your lineup and you get some Xanders, you can absolutely have a carrot army.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not happy until we get a green lucina so I can run a triple lucina lineup with all three colors

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
got a camilla with 30 orbs :3:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The Carrot weapons seem pretty good with Wary Fighter or QR.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh god I did not expect this banner this early. I don't have 20 orbs yet. How are the units stat-wise? Would the blue and green tomes replace robin or nino any time soon?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
The Chrom Axe Experience could be useful for grinding the one axe character I have.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Oh god I did not expect this banner this early. I don't have 20 orbs yet. How are the units stat-wise? Would the blue and green tomes replace robin or nino any time soon?

All the weapons are mediocre but Lucina has an amazing A slot skill and Camilla being a flying caster is neat.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The consensus on Lucina seems to be 35/29/36/22/25 for neutral stats.

She seems like a worse Linde. Much easier to get obviously.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
My luck on the last few banners has been good but this banner is not being kind. 80 orbs deep so far and nothing to show for it so far.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The skills listed in the announcements make these seem like pretty bad characters for 5* bases. Xander and Camilla might be alright, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I get the orbs, take my roll. 3* nino(-HP, +RES which is the exact same as the one I already have), 4* fae, 5* easter Lucina, 3* shanna and then to cap it all off, an odin. The odin is whatever because I've got like a small pile of them but :eyepop: this might be the best pull I've had in a while. I'll probably inject that desperation onto my Nino sooner or later, and chicken dragon is always cute.