Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Our third war is over with another 100% win. This moves us up to rank B which means 50% more rewards when we clear the next one (the explanation is on the guild war page, chest and coins icon).

Today I learned that guild experience converts to war support points. So if you want to be able to do more in the war, do some arena or grand arena battles to boost yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Would it be better to join the first guild?I only see 2 of the 12 members of Smorgas having logged in within the last week.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Just sent an application to the first guild as Wiegrafgarion. I started a few weeks ago and so far the guilds I've joined have been pretty inactive. Hopefully goons will not disappoint!

I'm prepared to be disappointed

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I kicked out the lowest score person in the 'more than 14 day' category to make space for Lblitzer.

Guild war action points regenerate a lot faster than I thought. It just takes 10 minutes for the 3 to come back so I've been getting stuck in regularly today.

I lost a fight before I noticed that the defenders get a pretty massive boost but since we can wear them down with numbers it's not that bad.

The orb event is pretty good value for getting purple levels filled. 90 stam for 15 to 30 of very commonly used orbs is excellent. The hard part for today is getting a team of Jotuns that can complete the hard version. After shifting some gear around and leveling a couple, mine just about make it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

It seems I have to be a guild member for 20 hours before I can start fighting in guild wars, booooo.

I have only one Jotun, and all he does is sit around being useless while a level 55 Skadi Merc bulldozes everything (following all the top ranked players was a very good decision)

I'm looking forward to getting a 5* unit whenever they start giving them away as per that announcement. I'm gonna snag the wolf dude because he's the only character on the list I don't have already and I don't have any 5* people yet

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'd join the first guild but with the tidal wave of good games coming out I'm probably not going to be on much.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Todays target is a fair bit tougher than we've had to date. I refreshed my chars after using them all up and attacked the L55 jarl spot - the bonuses they get are insane. Even though I had much higher power score, I barely managed to get it down to half with 3 teams. His Hel was doing 80,000 damage or something nuts. Plus I noticed that even though I had his Thor in a shadow freeze thing, he still did his special attack - a bug perhaps but maybe intentional.
It might be best to concentrate on one path then the guild crystal for now. So we can declare a win if we run out of people before getting them 100% down.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ah, that well known theme of Norse mythology, Maid Assassins.

Also I picked the ninja for the free unit today since I had all the others. Will probably go for Freya for the five star one for the same reason. Been pretty lucky with summons on this game so far.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Uh yeah maybe doing one route at a time is a good idea. I thought I'd be able to take on a similarly leveled opponent with my A-team and got destroyed, probably thanks to the difference in the quality of our equipment. As a new f2p player, I'm probably better off lobbing my dudes at walls for now instead of shoving them into the meat grinder :sweatdrop:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

Uh yeah maybe doing one route at a time is a good idea. I thought I'd be able to take on a similarly leveled opponent with my A-team and got destroyed, probably thanks to the difference in the quality of our equipment. As a new f2p player, I'm probably better off lobbing my dudes at walls for now instead of shoving them into the meat grinder :sweatdrop:

Nope, not just any normal differences. Next time you are on the war map, look at the popup when you click on an opponent and check out all those +XX% bonuses they get. I put my best team (L55 113k score) against their L55 team at 83k and lost for the same reason. He had +26% across the board.

McDragon posted:

Ah, that well known theme of Norse mythology, Maid Assassins.

Yeah, I saw those and thought they're blatantly copying Rem/Ram from Re: Zero (minus the coloured hair natch). I've got so many units to level and orb, new ones can go whistle for now.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Also I had to laugh when I saw they had heterochromia.

Anyway, I decided to do the third beginner summon thing, partly to get it off the list, and welp, got Freya.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Any room left in the main guild? I'm literally the only one left that is active in the second one.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I just booted an inactive member. Come on board!

E: are you Ham?

U-DO Burger fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 19, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Yes, I forgot to mention.

stratego
May 6, 2007

Is there any quick way to shuffle gear around characters? Specifically to make myself more effective during guild battles? It can be pretty tedious.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

stratego posted:

Is there any quick way to shuffle gear around characters? Specifically to make myself more effective during guild battles? It can be pretty tedious.

Sadly no. They increased the maximum inventory size recently which was pretty welcome but it's still missing something as simple as 'unequip everything from one/all'.

I bought one of the stamina packs to get some serious orbing done... then promptly ran out of quick tickets (yes I have the monthly tickets) :negative:

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Any idea when the next star party comes around? I started just after the last one, and have 30k diamonds burning a hole in my pocket!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I recall hearing it's a once a month kind of thing, so I guess around the 30th?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

I recall hearing it's a once a month kind of thing, so I guess around the 30th?

I think it's more like every 2 or 3 months I think. There was one on when I started playing Dec/Jan and one just past so you might have a bit of a wait yet.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Lots of changes today. Maully is gone if you didn't have her at 4*, onslaught is back and so it Thiazi. The new costumes though are going to change things up (and pubbies are whining already).

According to this post if the costumes are worn as items rather than in the costume slot then they are pretty OP bits of gear. Letting folk buy them straight up is a good idea on Ateams part. Only one per person means you have to roll with diamonds to reforge them but for £38 (roughly 20 of which is diamonds) they let you guarantee one. This is a hell of a lot cheaper than rolling the dice and hoping. I can see people being split over this one. Some will be happy to be able to just buy the new gear without the gambling, some will scream about pay to win.

Giving Hel a charm seems pretty over the top, I may have to get one in order to adequately test just how OP.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Fenrir flat out refuses to give me the last soul crystal needed to unlock him. He's the last one I need for a full team of beasts and it's been four days already :negative:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I dropped a bunch of diamonds hoping to get Luca. I got nothing on the banner, but pulled a bunch of off banner equipment, a Gullveig, and 3 Wolfgangs :confuoot:

I feel like I should be disappointed, but the equipment I got was actually pretty decent, so I can't complain.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Aw, hell yeah. Did one last pull and got Luca. Time to start saving up diamonds again

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

Aw, hell yeah. Did one last pull and got Luca. Time to start saving up diamonds again

Luca is the bomb for tanking. I have Luca and Hel in my Merc slots as of today and they have the new items. I still need more orbs on them but they're pretty over powered already.

I wish they'd put a quick ticket package up. I'm constantly out of the things these days.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My problem is that I've got 300+ tickets and not enough stamina to use them all. If the cost of stamina packs was lower I might consider it, but right now it's a bit too rich for me

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oh cool, Star Party is happening after all.

Too bad I blew most of my diamonds chasing Luca. My single 10-pull was a 1/10 dupe :(

stratego
May 6, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

Oh cool, Star Party is happening after all.

Too bad I blew most of my diamonds chasing Luca. My single 10-pull was a 1/10 dupe :(

Same. :(

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I had 13k diamonds saved up. 4 pulls got me a lot of stuff I already had, 10 Nautica souls and Ymir the boy wonder. Yay!

Well, yay in 2 or 3 months time when he reaches 5 star via the god awful hero quests. Cancelling barriers in arena fights will be hilariously useful.

People seem to have been hiring my Luca (from the merc coins coming in) which is nice. With some reforging and more orbs she passed 30k score today becoming even more ludicrously hard to kill.

Still no Odin though or the other Valkyrie. From the wording of the announcement though she may turn up in the soul trader I think.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Is this Star party worth it? I mean besides the Odin are Ymir or the other Valkyrie any good?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

fullTimeLurker posted:

Is this Star party worth it? I mean besides the Odin are Ymir or the other Valkyrie any good?

Odin is a good arena char, Urd is supposed to be the best healer (so better than Baldr basically).

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, it's April tomorrow. Now I get it. Garmdall is cute. :3:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

McDragon posted:

Oh, it's April tomorrow. Now I get it. Garmdall is cute. :3:

I should probably play less - I reforged a bunch till I had a 4 star one to wear and leveled that to 28 on the crap that all the mana pulls to get suits produced. If I have spare mana tomorrow I may see if I can get 2 more and make it 5 star (it's actually decent-ish).

I've had 4 chars stuck on 49/50 souls for a couple of days now. Hero quest just teases me with 'nothing, nothing, ticket'.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Just got to the point in the story where I have to max out my guys or die.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Where's that? I haven't touched story mode since I reached the chapter where enemies got reflective barriers, because gently caress that

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

Where's that? I haven't touched story mode since I reached the chapter where enemies got reflective barriers, because gently caress that

For me it was the end of Chapter 21 or the Start of Chapter 22 - it's pretty brutal. Even if you can get through the resistances/immunity you run out of time to get the 3 stars.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

Chapter 21. I only barely managed to beat the first stage with a merc and I know I'm gonna get stonewalled in a stage with stars.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
The new event is going up, some anime crossover (is it something famous or are they just trying to advertise?). I hope they don't make it as horrifically difficult as the Maully event to complete because I don't think many of the player base made it into Hell on that one.

The units are mostly humans which should make arena a bit more diverse if you can't rely on the aesir damage bonus. From a quick google it doesn't look like any of the units are particularly special with one exception. Someone reckons one of the part 2 units is a Luca counter. Over the 3 parts it's another 8 units in total available, are they going to up the inventory again I wonder? I really hope this event is something to drag in the fans rather than upsetting what little game balance there is. I don't really feel like collecting a bunch of unrelated anime crap just to stay competitive. Fingers crossed.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Fate is an absurdly popular visual novel about summoning gods and heroes to beat the poo poo out of each other. It's a good fit for this game tbh

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

Fate is an absurdly popular visual novel about summoning gods and heroes to beat the poo poo out of each other. It's a good fit for this game tbh

I see. The chat channels have filled up with breathless fate nerds (or had done before I hopped to my usual 47).

I pulled Archer and Sabre from the cheap steps which was nice. Archer seems quite handy as he hits the nearest and furthest at the same time. That could come in pretty useful in arena in a couple of months once he's improved enough.

The 3x mana and 5x orb quests are back too so I'm farming up mana flasks while the new units get leveled. The crossover packs seem decent with the stamina in them but the individual orb ones look kinda over priced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

goddamn I am just murdering my way through this event and I can't tell whether it's because I got a lot stronger since the last event, because they turned down the difficulty from the Maully event, or both.

I've done the first two steps of the gacha, and while I haven't gotten any event heroes, I got a dupe Luca which puts me at 27 hero souls. Only a couple more days and I can push her to 4* and sub her in for Heimdall!

Ratzap posted:

I see. The chat channels have filled up with breathless fate nerds (or had done before I hopped to my usual 47).

oh god yes the fandom is terrible. The show is freaking beautiful though

• Locked thread