Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Probably gonna mulch my Very First Nino (-spd/+res) into bunny Camilla (probably +spd, probably -atk or -def) so I have something good for next week's arena. I'll wait to see if the next 20-40 orbs give me Blucina first though.

Assuming I can get enough SP to actually set this up, BCamilla will probably be something like Gronnraven+, darting blow, some random buff in C. Dunno what to do about the B slot but I probably won't have enough SP anyways.

e: I guess she needs a proc skill too. That probably takes priority over a C skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I also drew Caeda so that's like half of flier emblem (though she's probably better off being eaten by Cherche, who can also eat my new Raven's Brave Axe+ if I decide to do this stupid gimmick).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Bunny Camilla probably appreciates a low-cost skill like Moonbow or Draconic Aura. Gronnraven pushes her back too much to use anything else really, and she's not fast enough to consistently double much.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

cheetah7071 posted:

I also drew Caeda so that's like half of flier emblem (though she's probably better off being eaten by Cherche, who can also eat my new Raven's Brave Axe+ if I decide to do this stupid gimmick).

I feel like Caeda could be really, really good with Glacies or Iceberg and a Killer Sword+. She's tied for the highest res of any melee unit and has flier mobility.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Looked up my easter IVs and now I am suffering from analysis paralysis since I haven't even bothered with inheritance, please help. I got:

Xander (+Spd, -Hp)
Chrom (+Spd, -Def)
Camilla (+Res, -Hp)

From what I understand, the bunny stats are meh enough that IVs actually matter. So how are they? My initial impression is that Xander and Chrom are good because of +Spd but the hits to their hp and def might effect their tanking ability. Chrom is also the only 5* axe user I have and the best infantry green, I'll probably end up using him regardless at some point.

I'm not sure about Camilla, I really want her to be decent because flying mage but I have a 5* +Spd -Res Merric who is VIP as all hell. But I also have a spare 4* Roy and Cecilia that I can feed her for TA+Gronnraven, does that change anything or are there way better units to feed Roy to?

For blue physical units, I normally use a neutral 5* Catria. Would Xander replace her? I also got a 5* +Hp -Def Cordelia, how does she rank against Catria?

And finally I got a 4* +Spd -Res Reinhardt. Who is the better blue mage cavalry unit, him or Ursula?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
If you can keep Cordelia from getting attacked too much she might be better? If you can't, Catria's better. Catria has more a LOT more defense for slightly less ATK and HP over Cordelia.

Xander would probably not be able to outdo either unless you're building a cavalry gimmick team. His ATK is low and the easter weapons are bad. +SPD puts Xander at 31? 32? which is just barely too low to be useful, which means it's way, way, way too high.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 30, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My BCamilla is +spd/-def. I think unless I draw BLucina gronnraven is my plan for next week's arena.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Adel posted:

From what I understand, the bunny stats are meh enough that IVs actually matter.

The bunny units don't have worse BSTs than other units, but the distribution is a bit sucky on most of them. Lucina and Xander have low base Atk which tends to be pretty crippling for any unit. Camilla has poor Spd, which you really don't want on a tome. Bunny Chrom's stat distribution looks fine/great though.

Adel posted:

I'm not sure about Camilla, I really want her to be decent because flying mage but I have a 5* +Spd -Res Merric who is VIP as all hell. But I also have a spare 4* Roy and Cecilia that I can feed her for TA+Gronnraven, does that change anything or are there way better units to feed Roy to?

For blue physical units, I normally use a neutral 5* Catria. Would Xander replace her? I also got a 5* +Hp -Def Cordelia, how does she rank against Catria?

And finally I got a 4* +Spd -Res Reinhardt. Who is the better blue mage cavalry unit, him or Ursula?

Camilla looks to be a bit mediocre because of her bad speed, but Merric isn't really a toptier choice either. Raven+TA should work ok on Camilla, she has decent def and it should allow her to brawl down bows and ninjas. That would be a very useful niche for an all-flyer team. That said, I'd rather hold out for a stronger unit to invest a 4* Roy into. TA 3 is a great skill that's hard to come by.

I'd definitely choose Catria over Xander and Cordelia. Catria doesn't get a lot of attention because she has balanced stats and doesn't hugely excel in any area, but in practice that makes her an extremely strong and flexible unit.

4* Reinhardt is dumpster class terrible. You need to 5* him for his brave tome, and you absolutely should not 5* a +Spd Reinhardt as it's literally the worst stat for him to get a boon on. You can smash him for vantage 3 though, so there is a silver lining.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Hey do you guys think bonfire or glimmer is a better choice for eldigan? Seems like his Def is high enough for bonfire to be fairly effective but I don't know how big the difference between boosting attack or increasing damage is

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The problem with Glimmer is that it boosts the final damage by a percentage. So if you were doing 2 damage, then you only gain 1 damage.

Whereas skills like Bonfire add a (mostly) fixed chunk of damage so it's easily predictable and consistently useful.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
How is -HP on Effie, anyway? I drew two and they both were deficient that way. (one was +atk and +res). How bad is a -hp?

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

ChronoReverse posted:

The problem with Glimmer is that it boosts the final damage by a percentage. So if you were doing 2 damage, then you only gain 1 damage.

Whereas skills like Bonfire add a (mostly) fixed chunk of damage so it's easily predictable and consistently useful.

Then that settles that thanks!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

neongrey posted:

How is -HP on Effie, anyway? I drew two and they both were deficient that way. (one was +atk and +res). How bad is a -hp?

I suspect it won't make a huge difference.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I'm trying to finish out the last two 10th stratum quests and MAN it is infuriating. The stupid tower keeps throwing Heavy Lance knights at me. Seriously, game, this isn't funny, nor is it fair.

Also levelling takes forever and it sucks. My two Effies are at level 34. CLOSE to being able to attempt the 10th Stratum, I'd say.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I take back what I said earlier. The worst thing about the armor quest is seeing my units on the opposing team and having them be actually good. Why are you so still so drat bad at four stars, Draug, whyyyy.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

neongrey posted:

You have to hit her for 27 damage to knock her out of her passive if she's +HP, or 24 damage if she's -HP. 25 or 26 if she's neutral? Not a huge difference but the 20s is the range a lot of casters are going to land in so it could be relevant?

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 30, 2017

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Retcon posted:

I take back what I said earlier. The worst thing about the armor quest is seeing my units on the opposing team and having them be actually good. Why are you so still so drat bad at four stars, Draug, whyyyy.

The actual best part is that they bump up the stats of the 5 star versions in 10th stratum so they probably aren't even that good at 5 star lvl 40!

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

GLAAD trash bags posted:

The actual best part is that they bump up the stats of the 5 star versions in 10th stratum so they probably aren't even that good at 5 star lvl 40!
I want their Matthew on my team, that fucker actually managed to beat my Effie 1v1. That was on the lava map, which sucks for armor units, but still!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Really wish there was a way to reroll the IVs, I've gotten a few decent characters but a majority of them get a -ATT nature and I know right out the gate that more or less is the worst nature anything can get

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Servaetes posted:

Really wish there was a way to reroll the IVs, I've gotten a few decent characters but a majority of them get a -ATT nature and I know right out the gate that more or less is the worst nature anything can get

-SPD is generally worse. For the bladetome characters, -atk is barely even a handicap.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Retcon posted:

I want their Matthew on my team, that fucker actually managed to beat my Effie 1v1. That was on the lava map, which sucks for armor units, but still!

10th stratum Matthew is the worst, motherfucker is insanely tanky, pretty fast, and has poison strike. Really, 10th stratum ninjas are all pretty obnoxious.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I got a Spring Camilla. She's +Defense, - Speed. :suicide:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Wish I hadn't melted those Gaiuses I had. Pass would be really handy on the cavalry units I'm levelling.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I really want Bunny Lucina!!!!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Servaetes posted:

My Nino is -atk and gives 0 shits. She's +spd though, which helps. Get her a couple buffs and you can't even tell the difference!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Silver Falcon posted:

My Nino is -atk and gives 0 shits. She's +spd though, which helps. Get her a couple buffs and you can't even tell the difference!

Yeah, it's fine because you got the best IVs for your unit.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Mirthless posted:

You have to hit her for 27 damage to knock her out of her passive if she's +HP, or 24 damage if she's -HP. 25 or 26 if she's neutral? Not a huge difference but the 20s is the range a lot of casters are going to land in so it could be relevant?

Probably not a big deal for my purposes. I'll upgrade my +atk one then.

e: actually, does anyone know what happens if you upgrade merged characters? Do you lose the +es?

neongrey fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 31, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
BCamilla seems to have +4 spd/-4 def from her nature. Not complaining, but it is weird.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

neongrey posted:

e: actually, does anyone know what happens if you upgrade merged characters? Do you lose the +es?

I haven't tried it myself but I remember someone saying that it doesn't affect the resultant character, although you do get a 150 feather refund.

E: I guess you'd probably also keep the extra SP.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Would Vantage be the ideal B skill for Selena? Triangle Adept/Vantage/Threaten Speed/Bonfire.

e: I also have 4 hinatas. Should I make Triangle Adept into Fury?

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 31, 2017

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

neongrey posted:

The feather cost for upgrading is reduced by an amount equal to what you would've gotten if you sent those units home.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

GLAAD trash bags posted:

I want tier 10s 52 (unbuffed) attack Wyvern Rider.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
The Catria love makes me kinda happy, I've grown really fond of her while leveling and I'm glad she is good.

Mirthless posted:

Xander would probably not be able to outdo either unless you're building a cavalry gimmick team. His ATK is low and the easter weapons are bad. +SPD puts Xander at 31? 32? which is just barely too low to be useful, which means it's way, way, way too high.

Dammit Xander I believed in you :negative: Of course I get a +spd IV on the one rear end in a top hat who doesn't need it (make that 2 assholes counting Reinhardt.) I still want to make him work so I'll keep an eye out for a cheap, passable build for him.

hit button posted:

The bunny units don't have worse BSTs than other units, but the distribution is a bit sucky on most of them. Lucina and Xander have low base Atk which tends to be pretty crippling for any unit. Camilla has poor Spd, which you really don't want on a tome. Bunny Chrom's stat distribution looks fine/great though.

Camilla looks to be a bit mediocre because of her bad speed, but Merric isn't really a toptier choice either. Raven+TA should work ok on Camilla, she has decent def and it should allow her to brawl down bows and ninjas. That would be a very useful niche for an all-flyer team. That said, I'd rather hold out for a stronger unit to invest a 4* Roy into. TA 3 is a great skill that's hard to come by.

4* Reinhardt is dumpster class terrible. You need to 5* him for his brave tome, and you absolutely should not 5* a +Spd Reinhardt as it's literally the worst stat for him to get a boon on. You can smash him for vantage 3 though, so there is a silver lining.

Alright, spare Roy is safe for now. I have a unit with TA2 at 4*, Selena, would feeding her to Camilla be good enough or is TA one of those skills you need 3 for? If I can get her to work at a relatively low cost I am making lemonade out of this lemon.

I'll stick to Ursula then, I have an Odin waiting for her to feast on. Reinhardt and his dumb face is permabenched.

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate the hand holding.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So is this a banner we've been waiting for to blow Orbs on?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kheldarn posted:

So is this a banner we've been waiting for to blow Orbs on?

The units are mostly kinda bad but bunnies are cute. How that calculus plays out in your head is your business.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The next big banner is probably Shadows of Valencia so don't spend your orbs if you want to wait for Celica and Alm (or Mae, probably Mae is in the next banner)

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

There was a Kagero/Effie banner coming up soon iirc and both those units are really good.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm not gonna pull on this one at all because I never managed to get a regular Lucina and the possibility of having the weird rabbit version but not the real thing is unbearable for me to contemplate.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm not gonna pull on this one at all because I never managed to get a regular Lucina and the possibility of having the weird rabbit version but not the real thing is unbearable for me to contemplate.

Well she's not Laura Bailey so she can't be the real Lucina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Any ideas on a good B skill for Ursula? I gave her Odin's tome and am planning a silly all cav gimmick.