Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The NITW sequel can only star Lori M, this is set in stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Bea is a legit great character. If they ever made another NITW I'd want it to be about her.

Yeah Bea's arc with Mae is easily the best part of the game. Proximity is honestly the high point and one of the most memorable parts of any game I've ever played. Between the Dancing, realizing what Bea was doing, the chase in the rain. It was all great.

Speaking of Lori M. I'd be curious if she is named after the NOFX song.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

Speaking of Lori M. I'd be curious if she is named after the NOFX song.

She is

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

The NITW sequel can only star Lori M, this is set in stone.

Yes, I want to play a game where Lori finally gets to make a movie. Like Super 8 but good.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jon Manning, who worked on the game, apparently gave a GDC talk using a slide deck that he created in engine. Not sure if there is a video of the presentation but they posted a little making of video that's kind of super cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUutyAtBIp8

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/SucreSpectre/status/847544508288049158

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

Jon Manning, who worked on the game, apparently gave a GDC talk using a slide deck that he created in engine. Not sure if there is a video of the presentation but they posted a little making of video that's kind of super cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUutyAtBIp8

I would love to see the full presentation. Hope it becomes available online. I was just talking with a friend about how it would be cool to get the insights behind development of NITW.. and then this!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Martytoof posted:

I would love to see the full presentation. Hope it becomes available online. I was just talking with a friend about how it would be cool to get the insights behind development of NITW.. and then this!

Found it!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Gonna check that stuff out when I have the chance, indie game development is usually a pretty interesting story unto itself.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Awesome, thanks. Now I know what I'm watching at work tomorrow.

Also, is there any point to the town notice board other than to bounce the ball around? I stopped checking after a while, not sure if I missed anything important.

Started hanging out with Gregg. I really love Gregg but I'm frustrated that all my discussions with him are really surface so far.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Martytoof posted:

Awesome, thanks. Now I know what I'm watching at work tomorrow.

Also, is there any point to the town notice board other than to bounce the ball around? I stopped checking after a while, not sure if I missed anything important.

Started hanging out with Gregg. I really love Gregg but I'm frustrated that all my discussions with him are really surface so far.

I never noticed anything new with the town notice board.

I adore Gregg. He is a fun character but he really feels like the perfect second run-through character.

His conversation about his up up and down down days combined with him wanting to return to his old ways once Mae comes back into his life are just great characterizations, especially when you see it as a mirror/foil towards Mae. It just gets better when you hang out with Angus and do the Doughnut Wolf outing and you realize what impact Mae has on him and how he wants to grow as a character, as well as his and Angus's relationship. I think Bea is more central to Mae's character and the overall arc of the game but damned if Gregg (and Angus really) are not a great story in its own right. I think there is a lot of enjoy about Gregg's character, but I think you really need to hang out with him and Angus to get the full impact.

I will say that I think his ghost exploration story is the worst though.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I presume I'll get all those stories if I just keep hanging out with him over Bea, right? I already got the food donkey crimes thing which I didn't first runthrough and it was fun as heck :3:

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Martytoof posted:

I presume I'll get all those stories if I just keep hanging out with him over Bea, right? I already got the food donkey crimes thing which I didn't first runthrough and it was fun as heck :3:

Yep!

You are in for some good times.

Crimes.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Good crimes.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/amypinx/status/847848129869119488

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

http://sleufoot.tumblr.com/post/159019096545

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Saw that yesterday and loved it. Really well done. Wonder whether they just screengrabbed what they needed or whether they extracted assets from the game. I'd love to play around with the assets. Tried to mess around with the game's files using some extractors but gave up for lack of :effo--

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Crazy Ferret posted:

I never noticed anything new with the town notice board.

I adore Gregg. He is a fun character but he really feels like the perfect second run-through character.

His conversation about his up up and down down days combined with him wanting to return to his old ways once Mae comes back into his life are just great characterizations, especially when you see it as a mirror/foil towards Mae. It just gets better when you hang out with Angus and do the Doughnut Wolf outing and you realize what impact Mae has on him and how he wants to grow as a character, as well as his and Angus's relationship. I think Bea is more central to Mae's character and the overall arc of the game but damned if Gregg (and Angus really) are not a great story in its own right. I think there is a lot of enjoy about Gregg's character, but I think you really need to hang out with him and Angus to get the full impact.

I will say that I think his ghost exploration story is the worst though.

GREGG RULES OK?!

Also, I modeled, 3D printed, and painted Angus.

https://twitter.com/poemdexter/status/849274760726970368

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Holy moly I very much want one of all the gang.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Martytoof posted:

Angus wasn't too bad. Mae will be pretty easy. I'm not sure if or how I'll do the characters that stand with their faces profile like Gregg or Bea.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

poemdexter posted:

GREGG RULES OK?!

This rules. You rule ok?!

Also, to echo...

Martytoof posted:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

poemdexter posted:

Angus wasn't too bad. Mae will be pretty easy. I'm not sure if or how I'll do the characters that stand with their faces profile like Gregg or Bea.

Gregg would probably not be too bad if you did him lying down with supports behind. Lots of trimming to be sure.

I kind of want to do a 3D print of Gregg and put a little motor inside for noodle arms.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I want one of Lori M. to give my wife :3:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

poemdexter posted:

Just let them be completely horrifying in portrait, with a little warning on the base: "DO NOT ROTATE THIS WAY"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This art style reminds me of Love and Rockets:

This one is cute:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

precision posted:

I want one of Lori M. to give my wife :3:

lori is cool

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I started a new run and Mae landed on her feet when she meets Molly. I didn't know that could happen.

I was holding right and landed on the top of the fence, them jumped left.
V

eatenmyeyes fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 5, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

eatenmyeyes posted:

I started a new run and Mae landed on her feet when she meets Molly. I didn't know that could happen.

I feel like that's got to be a bug. How'd you do the jump?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

poemdexter posted:

GREGG RULES OK?!

Looks cuter than I expected and I kind wish I knew how 3D printers worked for fun fan projects.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/849546668123049984

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I did something dumb

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

I did something dumb

Deffo share this with Scott, love the future cig

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Synthbuttrange posted:

I did something dumb
Excellent work, agreed on showing Scott.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Also these rule https://twitter.com/SharpiBees/status/850077792385589252

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol now both Scott and Yoko Taro have seen it

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

It's great!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Holy fuckin poo poo that rules.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The legacy of this game is as good as the game itself!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
holy poo poo i missed a lot of stuff in this game. i did not meet bruce, lori, go to a church (where the hell was that?), find any musicians other than the guy on the roof or find any rats (nor was i able to steal pretzels). there were a couple instances early in the game where i rushed through a segment thinking that there was a time limit and i figure i must have closed a lot of branches really early. i was actively trying to explore everything, too

oh well, lots of poo poo to see in a future playthrough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Verviticus posted:

holy poo poo i missed a lot of stuff in this game. i did not meet bruce, lori, go to a church (where the hell was that?), find any musicians other than the guy on the roof or find any rats (nor was i able to steal pretzels). there were a couple instances early in the game where i rushed through a segment thinking that there was a time limit and i figure i must have closed a lot of branches really early. i was actively trying to explore everything, too

oh well, lots of poo poo to see in a future playthrough

Church (along with a few other scenes) is up the stairs as soon as you enter town, above the entrance to the tunnel. It's blocked off until day .. three, I want to say, with yellow tape. You also can't get to any of the rat stuff until that area becomes passable so that would explain why you didn't find any of that.