Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Just keep in mind the majority of F1 fans that aren't English speaking don't read motorsport.com. Who honestly gives the slightest gently caress about this?

As for Seb talking in Italian on the radio when he wins, we love that poo poo. We love it even more that there is a brit somewhere lovely that they can't understand it

It's also good because BBC and Sky often won't broadcast Italian radio messages because the English audience can't understand them so we get away with saying poo poo

edit: then someone properly European like Seb just switches between Italian and English and German fluently and .. the English complain because they can't understand anything but English. We don't even have to make up jokes

edit2: alonso is another real euro. Ham is an Englishman. It's a pretty simple test, are they bilingual?

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony Montana posted:

Just keep in mind the majority of F1 fans that aren't English speaking don't read motorsport.com. Who honestly gives the slightest gently caress about this?

So you're saying Hamilton is more popular amongst the non-English-speaking F1 audience?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
aw wicka you know im just having an English dig

I'm saying who gives a gently caress what motorsport.com tells you is the most popular driver. Depends on where you are and when you are

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I for one feel validated in my love of Fernando Alonso formula 1s most popular driver

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony Montana posted:

aw wicka you know im just having an English dig

I'm saying who gives a gently caress what motorsport.com tells you is the most popular driver. Depends on where you are and when you are

Please tell me where people don't love Alonso, I would like to avoid that place.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The filthy backwards and isolationist place known as l'Angleterre?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone loves Alonso. Actually not everyone, my girl doesn't. She did, she thought he was cool and all and flowing hair blah blah, but then there is that doco on Spanish TV about when he left Ferrari. You should all watch it if you haven't, it's really candid and good. It's all in Spanish but there were English subtitles. Anyways she just got this kinda intense, desperate vibe off him. Which is, of course, probably exactly how he was feeling by the end of his time with Ferrari but yeah, she doesn't like him now. Not like Ham hate, but just there is something about his intensity that makes her feel uncomfortable.

But she loves Danny and on the way out of Albert Park on the Saturday I made a joke about keeping the car on the road and she got really lovely and yelled at me. So I dunno wtf, I guess I'm turning her into a proper F1 fan which is to be emotional and irrational and fight cunts when they dis your guy

The McLaren wasn't that bad in Seb's RBR glory days. Anyways ok good and glad we're friends but we're still going to beat you into the ground

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Motorsport.com is in like a million different languages and that's the results from the first 72 hours of the Global Fan Survey also conducted in several different languages.

Motorsport.com has branched out like crazy buying up all the foreign language motorsport centric sites that they can get their hands on and continue to expand like crazy.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress youre right.

Its current Editor-in-Chief is Charles Bradley, having been appointed to the position of global editorial leader in May 2015. The team’s current roster of leading staff journalists includes Formula 1 Editor Jonathan Noble,[22] MotoGP Editor Oriol Puigdemont,[23] European News Editor Pablo Elizalde,[24] US Editor David Malsher, News Manager Nick DeGroot, NASCAR Editors Lee Spencer and Jim Utter,[25] French Editor Guillaume Navarro, Italian Editor Franco Nugnes,[26] Australian Editor Andrew van Leeuwen,[27] UK Editor Jamie Klein, Russian Editor Aleksander Kabanovsky, Brazilian Editor Felipe Motta, German Editor Stefan Ziegler, Latin-American Editor Jose Roman, Middle East Editor Khodr Rawi,[28][29] Indian Editor Darshan Chokhani,[30] Canadian Editor René Fagnan[31] and Japanese Editor Kunihiko Akai.

Motorsport.com is a lot more international than Tony thought

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
BMW needs to come back.

http://i.imgur.com/YW9RInw.gifv

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

A markov bot of Tony posts would just be:

"the english are bad for not liking other europeans!"
"here's a rant about not liking the english"
"tony doesn't see the contradiction!"

You really don't have to launch into a full paragraph of ranting everytime you hear someone likes lewis.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Fernando who?

https://twitter.com/F1/status/847486217549565952

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They are.

To Formula E.

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/bmw-granted-formula-e-manufacturer-status-884363/

Wave of the future!

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

They worded that tweet as though it was intentional.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'd love to say that was amazing by Stroll but it looked like he totally misjudged the braking, dove right to avoid shitcunting the guy in front and with the luck of a son of a billonaire, there wasn't anyone there and he made it through.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Khablam posted:

A markov bot of Tony posts would just be:

"the english are bad for not liking other europeans!"
"here's a rant about not liking the english"
"tony doesn't see the contradiction!"

You really don't have to launch into a full paragraph of ranting everytime you hear someone likes lewis.

Tony, much like Toto Wolff and most Rosberg fans in this thread, has been agitated and aggressive lately, it sounds like they're not sleeping right. There must be something causing them nightmares...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yo it's hosed up everywhere

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Who is that lady? Is that Rosberg?

Nah Rosberg is cool and speaks four languages.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Tony Montana posted:

Who is that lady? Is that Rosberg?

Nah Rosberg is cool and speaks four languages.

I think it's five.

also, he's very handsome

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

wicka posted:

Please tell me where people don't love Alonso, I would like to avoid that place.

Perfidious Albion / la perfide Angleterre / perfida Albione / das perfide Albion

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Remember that time Webber was Nico's teammate and came over the radio saying "Brittany's in the wall". :smugbert:

Those were good times.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

freeranger posted:

Remember that time Webber was Nico's teammate and came over the radio saying "Brittany's in the wall". :smugbert:

Those were good times.

I need the video clip of this ASAP

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

GramCracker posted:

I'm not in a position to pull it up right now, but it's from the start of the '06 Brazilian GP.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

GramCracker posted:

I can't find the video for it, but:

quote:

"Britney's in the wall"
Mark Webber's Williams years provided a favourite anecdote about him, which says a lot about his determination, sense of justice and humour.

Like all top Aussie sportsmen, Webber is not immune to a few psychological games to boost his chances. And it was he who invented the nickname "Britney" - as in popstar Spears - for his young, blond and good-looking 2006 Williams team-mate Nico Rosberg, then in his first season.

Their final race together was in Brazil, where Rosberg rammed into the back of his team-mate's car on the opening lap, breaking the front nose of the German's car and Webber's rear wing.

Because it's relatively quick to replace a front wing replacement but a damaged rear means a likely retirement, the two were given a "priority Rosberg" message over the radio as they headed back to the pits.

Webber, cross at his team-mate's mistake, was determined to get back first and they began to race - really race - despite Rosberg suffering from lack of front grip and Webber struggling with the rear.

As they came on to the pit straight, Rosberg was just ahead, only to lose control through the flat-out kink before the pits and crash heavily into a concrete barrier.

Webber was right behind him and, as he passed the incident, the team came back on the radio with another "priority Rosberg" message. Webber paused for effect before replying in a languid Aussie drawl: "Britney's in the wall."

There's also this (second story) which I hadn't heard of before.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Wild theory. Tony has expat parents or grandparents and think they are representative of the people "back home", when the reality is that all a lot of expats represent is the Australian wing of the BNP.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
There is only one response to my fans

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Here is another cool Nico story: Nico's wife gives me the uncanny valley feeling and it is possible she is a robot.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Here is another cool Nico story: Nico's wife gives me the uncanny valley feeling and it is possible she is a robot.

I think she looks like she could be his sister and I find that unnerving.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tony Montana posted:

There is only one response to my fans

Agreed epic mental Australian guy who has a grudge against British ppl, Vettel is insanely FTW and the scud are good.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Its that dead-inside "beard" look.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'm not saying Motorsport Manager is in any way the strongest predictor we have for the genuine F1 season to come, all I'm saying is that I ran Shanghai last night and both of the Ferrari Scuderia-Rossini cars retired.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

Agreed epic mental Australian guy who has a grudge against British ppl, Vettel is insanely FTW and the scud are good.

track day bro! posted:

Does it help if you guys knew Tony is a massive Trump fan and think he's doing great work especially when it comes to jobs?

Like, I feel that's essential to completing how loving lunatic this guy is.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Does it help if you guys knew Tony is a massive Trump fan and think he's doing great work especially when it comes to jobs?

Like, I feel that's essential to completing how loving lunatic this guy is.

Well I mean Trump keeps telling us what a good job he's doing and he seems like the kind of straightforward, down to earth guy who would tell it like it is so :shrug:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Original "worst thread" was just fans of different teams/drivers sniping at each other with the occasional meltdown. Now it's filled with genuine psychopaths and alt accounts of banned nazis.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
i thought all Australians with bad opinions supported red bull,

ofcouse thats a bad opinion for anyone.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Dubs posted:

I'm an Australian with bad opinions, and I support Williams.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Dubs posted:

Ricciado fans in Australia are exactly the same kind of people who are Lewis fans in England. The name for them in both countries is "wankers".

The cool kids support Ferrari because they have the most chance of being the WCC winning team who are not Mercades.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
At least we can all agree that everyone hates Lewis Hamilton

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I am indifferent to Lewis Hamilton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

fridge corn posted:

At least we can all agree that everyone hates Lewis Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton the racer is poo poo hot. I can't understand why people continue to show interest in his utterly boring personality.

• Locked thread