Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

fridge corn posted:

At least we can all agree that everyone hates Lewis Hamilton

Yes.

Also this is the poster we need in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I love baby corns.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
He worked wonders for the AI chat threads. He's alot like the Ross Brawn of shitposting.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

fridge corn posted:

At least we can all agree that everyone hates Lewis Hamilton

Feels like actually hating the guy involves taking him way more seriously than he merits

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lewis Hamilton is a shell of a human who drives loving fast.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Schlesische posted:

I can't find the video for it, but:

There's also this (second story) which I hadn't heard of before.

This is just too good :allears:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Bryter posted:

Feels like actually hating the guy involves taking him way more seriously than he merits

Only extremely polarised opinions are permitted on the internet. Creating Lewis Hamilton hatefuck fanfiction is preferred

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hamilton is a good heel. I mean I don't REALLY think he's human garbage... but it makes F1 more enjoyable to act like he is.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Hamilton is a good heel. I mean I don't REALLY think he's human garbage... but it makes F1 more enjoyable to act like he is.

He's similar to Frog boy, they're both detestable but I think F1 is better for having them in there so you've got somebody to cheer against.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

He's similar to Frog boy, they're both detestable but I think F1 is better for having them in there so you've got somebody to cheer against.

...do you think maybe Boullier is Verstappen's real father?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm neutral on Hamilton :colbert:

And I think Nando is overrated and well past his prime (as is Kimi, but Kimi at least is funny at times).

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

And I think Nando is overrated and well past his prime

He had a car that even his own team was saying should've been dead last into the points just last weekend. What exactly is overrated about him?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah what the hell? He certainly still has lots of fight in him. Unlike Kimi, he gives 110% all of the time, and is massive talented.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

He had a car that even his own team was saying should've been dead last into the points just last weekend. What exactly is overrated about him?

Ok, let me rephrase, Nando is a good driver, but everyone goes bonkers over him like he's the second coming of Schumi. Schumi would take that crapbox and make it work, like he did with the crapbox ferraris

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Nando out drives every shitbox he's put in. He some of the best race craft on track without being drat near rule breaking like Max Verstappen.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

At least Alonso had the common decency to die instead of becoming a vegetable.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

:vince:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

Ok, let me rephrase, Nando is a good driver, but everyone goes bonkers over him like he's the second coming of Schumi. Schumi would take that crapbox and make it work, like he did with the crapbox ferraris

Schumacher's cars did not suffer from 100-150hp power deficits. In his prime, the only absolute stinker he drove was arguably the F310.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

:eyepop:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Schumacher is undoubtedly one of the best drivers that formula 1 has ever and will ever see. He had the good fortune of having good cars, and drove like a monster.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Schumacher did not seem to make the 2010-2012 Mercedes-Benz work for him (although they were not bad cars). Also he was 69 years old so maybe that's not fair.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Let's just ignore his "comeback"

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
FYI Kalterborn denied the Honda rumors, so they are definitely getting Honda engines in 2018.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

I'm going to start rooting for lance stroll just because everyone seems to actually hate him

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wuffles posted:

I'm going to start rooting for lance stroll just because everyone seems to actually hate him

lol hope you like DNFs

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wuffles posted:

"Hate" is pretty strong word. He was just pushed up too early because Verstappen was a red herring for super-young drivers. I'm just of the opinion he's out of his depth and needs more development time.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Human Grand Prix posted:

"Hate" is pretty strong word. He was just pushed up too early because Verstappen was a red herring for super-young drivers daddy was a billionaire.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Norns posted:

lol hope you like DNFs

I do, some of my favorite moments in this sport have been DNFs

and yeah, he seems out of his depth but it makes him interesting to watch

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lance Stroll is poo poo, but he's not Yuji Ide poo poo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

Lance Stroll is poo poo, but he's not Yuji Ide poo poo.

Super Aguri was poo poo top to bottom lol

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'll say it before and I'll say it again; Yoong was worse.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

This is wrong.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

wicka posted:

Original "worst thread" was just fans of different teams/drivers sniping at each other with the occasional meltdown. Now it's filled with genuine psychopaths and alt accounts of banned nazis.

Hey, RevDrMosesPLester hasn't been banned!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The absolute worst modern driver has got to be Claudio Langes, hands down.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Super Aguri invented the double diffuser, my dude. They are responsible for Button's world title. Show some drat respect.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Pretty sure Brawn taking over most teams would get good results?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sato drove well from 06-08. Plus Aguri Suzuki is cool.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

Pretty sure Brawn taking over most teams would get good results?

Not McLaren. BWAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Remember when Takuma Sato overtook Fernando Alonso in Canada :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

Remember when Takuma Sato overtook Fernando Alonso in Canada :allears: