Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
I think what Hellsau is trying to say is "good job"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ROFLburger posted:

I think what Hellsau is trying to say is "good job"

yes it is a good carry, for some sort of armor wizard

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Himmelsdorf Championship was the best map ever.

Any big soccer tourneys this summer? Any chance they will bring it back?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Hellsau posted:

I'm sorry, how the gently caress did you bounce 2500 damage in an IS? Are you a wizard?

It was convenient that the enemy did not damage you and your teammates were polite enough to not take any damage away from you.
The T20 was using what was probably the 76mm and he as well as the T-34 and the Strv 74 were kind enough to fire a total of 12 shots into the front of my tank. The SU-122-44 was sniping me from far enough that he could fire and I couldn't spot him, but I kept my tank at an angle and dipped into cover - but that was two shots as well. The IS' frontal armor holds up when you're facing people who don't know what a lower plate is and soviet TD's sniping from across the map.

Ultimately, isn't the basic formula for every great game (horrible team + slightly less horrible enemy team) x mindless aggression?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

R. Mute posted:

Ultimately, isn't the basic formula for every great game (horrible team + slightly less horrible enemy team) x mindless aggression?

the best kind of game

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Nevermind, I'm a moron

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Common Test is basically Sheridan bumpercars with 3 arty on each side at the moment.

Oh, and you get a "The crew was killed!" notice when you drown.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

HFX posted:

Easy Challenge: 7, Cream, The Most Beautiful Girl in the World. A lot of his music people is what I would call somewhat experimental and wasn't played over the radio.

But I'm cool with changing the symbol.
Prince being exotic and unpopular is the best argument for keeping it. I hate Prince's "music" and a pink Prince Iron Cross hybrid seems to send all the right trolling signals for our clan.

This guy was special http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Maxemiss/1003106304/. He started trash talking me in the match and asking people to report me. Why? :shrug: I was behind him on the West flank of Serine Coast and every time I was spotted got targeted by artillery as well as the vipers nest of TDs lining the rocks to the South. The DW2 is a garbage fire of a tank and grinding it is only slightly more 'fun' than the Ikv 103 (Speaking of which kudos to Atheanaus. Top Gun in an Ikv103 is a miraculous performance). What is it with these clowns and their 'enjoy your ban schtick?' Who is going to ban me and what for exactly?

Looking at his stats he is a re-roll who is desperately trying to stat pad and failing miserably at it. Speaking of:

I was 1 for 10 on this account last night and finished first on exp and/or damage in almost all of the loses. My other account I was 70% win rate. Some of that is tank selection but Win rate is so out of your control it is effectively meaningless. Why do I play again?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I will be so happy once I'm pass the the Strv m/42. This tank is just not jiving with me and its driving me nuts. I also get the feeling the Strv 74 doesnt make the line better with just how huge the turret is.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Stringbean posted:

I also get the feeling the Strv 74 doesnt make the line better with just how huge the turret is.

it's actually pretty fun. fantastic gun handling.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

Stringbean posted:

I will be so happy once I'm pass the the Strv m/42. This tank is just not jiving with me and its driving me nuts. I also get the feeling the Strv 74 doesnt make the line better with just how huge the turret is.

The Strv 74 has god tier gun handling but I hated it for exactly the thing you mentioned. Its not just the height of the turret itself but also how low the gun is mounted in it. I found it exceedingly frustrating trying to avoid getting shot to pieces every time I peeked over a crest to fire. I think my wn8 for the Strv 74 ended up only around 1800 just because I struggled to conserve hp and couldn't carry games because it.

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

I have a bad feeling about this...
I fired up tanks for the first time in a few years and I'm apparently still a member of SEAMN.

Anyway, poo poo has changed a lot and is fun.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Arty is random, while the stupidity of the players is eternally consistent.
It is not like the removal of arty is going to drastically improve the player base, which I consider a vastly larger issue than the presence of arty.

Arty is so random and the places where you are arty-safe are also places where you typically brawl, so making special concerns regarding arty is just a waste of effort.

Cardiac posted:

Sorry, I don't worry about arty since it is to random to worry about.

Which map would dramatically change in gameplay depending on arty?
Prok? Still going to have the TDs in the corners. Maybe be less of a whack-a-mole, but it is not a map decided by arty.

Saying that the whole map will be available if arty was not present is not true.
Open spaces are dead-zones regardless of arty.

Give me some examples on maps that would change in gameplay depending on arty.

Uh, no, arty is not random; I think you need to look up the definition of "random" before we go on. With a player at the control of an SPG, the target selection is by definition not random, although what your shots actually hit is another story (the point being that if I'm shooting at target #7 then by definition my shot can't "randomly" hit anywhere else on the map.) I think you think that you ignore arty and that it doesn't change the way you play, but you're just in denial.

As an example, let's say I'm on the other team and I splash your tracks with arty. Do you ignore me, sit out in the open, and let me continue to shoot at you?

SocketWrench understands how the presence of arty alters gameplay.

Pubbies are indeed bad, as they've always been, but I think arty is a negative enough influence to turn off competent players, those who have been frustrated by the whole SPG implementation. Garbad is a notorious example of this: he's pretty annoying and vocal about his arty hate, but there's no doubt he's one of the best players, the point being that good players tend to hate arty, and mouthbreathing shitlords probably don't. Only one of those groups would by definition consider quitting the game over arty, and if you want the playerbase to improve you can't let competent players leave.

ZombieLenin posted:

What happened to "we will never sell the pre-order, alpha, or beta tanks?"

I'm actually kind of pissed that my exclusive I paid to much when this game launched tank won't be exclusive anymore.

Why is this even an opinion? How can you be such a petty shitlord about a pixel tank? It literally doesn't exist. It's one thing if you've invested in some sort of tangible collector's item, let's say a rare coin, and the coin's value depends on its rarity. Minting more of the same coin would devalue your investment. Allowing more imaginary tanks to exist doesn't devalue your ~exclusive~ vehicle because it has no value. It has a cost but once the money's out of your bank account you have only a valueless bit that has been flipped on your game account. If you could transfer or sell tanks then yeah, rarity=value, but given that the only thing you get out of the transaction is the ability to play a different tank, the decreased rarity of said tank has no change to your ability to play said tank.

Stop being a whiny bitch about literally nothing. What the gently caress do you even care about this; you haven't even played the game since last year! I've been playing non-stop for over 5 years. :colbert:

Barry posted:

I just picked up the Challenger and it's really pretty ok. It's refreshing to have a T7 tank with no real stock grind to speak of. It has pretty high DPM and nice gun depression with a turret so it kind of plays like a medium with zero armor.

The one thing I can't forgive about it is the absolutely godawful turret traverse. That can be so infuriating.

Yeah, the Challenger isn't good but I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as other goons were whining. It's fast and has like 250 APCR pen, with a turret. It's basically a tier 7 Hellcat with worse camo. If you can't make that work then again, the problem's with you. The turret traverse is a problem with all of the turreted TDs (a ~balancing factor~) but is workable since you have to CHAI snipe anyway. If anything, the worst part about the Challenger is the limited ammo supply, since with such low alpha you have to fire a ton of shots, and in such an otherwise mediocre vehicle the last thing they should have done is limited its ability to take shots of opportunity.

NotWearingPants posted:

Speaking of which, can we get the logo changed back to the original pink iron cross?

Prince is great and all that... I mean I guess he's great... I, like 97% of white people and 85% of black people, never actually listen to Prince. Let's face it, he's more famous for being the subject of a Dave Chapelle sketch than his actual music. Name three Prince songs that came out after the Purple Rain soundtrack in the mid-80s. You can't do it. Nobody can. Supposedly he's got an incredibly extensive library of music nobody ever listens to.

I have no particular preference for the "The Artist" thing. I'm up for changing the logo, preferably something "new" but with the pink cross in it, as that's our theme. If you can come up with something interesting let's change it then.

Cardiac posted:

Prok without arty just means that heavies can play by the railroad without larger repercussions. The rest of the map is still governed by vision and getting hit by a TD or arty matters less here.
Karelia is pretty pointless for arty, the southern pass is full of hard cover that will be occupied regardless whether arty is there or not.
Sand River without arty is the same, you go to the same areas regardless of arty.
El Halluf, everything is decided north anyway and that is in an area with lots of arty safe areas.
Steppes, south west corner where heavies go is arty safe. There are no new areas opening up without arty, since they are covered by TDs in that case.
Siegfried, LOL, sorry but arty is pretty useless here since everything is decided by the city.

So of the maps you mention, 3 are the most arty friendly in the game and none of those will open up new areas if arty is missing.
Please tell me which areas you would go on these maps if arty wasn't present?

Nah, Prok without arty means that something like a T95 could actually advance in the West, instead of having to camp OR being bombarded constantly. It's literally a difference between being playable and not. Sand River is a great example of a map that gets played completely differently with arty: with it, I never go South (in a HT or anything else slow, especially), because there's no cover. Maybe you play it the same way, but you are not every player. El Halluf in the NW isn't completely arty safe, although it does depend on the arcs of specific SPGs.

The absence of arty doesn't mean the maps play out the same way just because TDs exist, in fact you know that TDs like other non-SPGs have line-of-sight and draw distance limitations, so you can easily tell what directions are safe and what are not. Those limitations are not shared by SPGs, which is the whole basis for our complaints of them. TDs have to expose themselves to return fire, SPGs do not.

Prav posted:

like, take Siegfried Line

the reason you don't go field is that you get shot to poo poo by like five different tanks from seven different angles the moment you get spotted. at best you can hide behind a bunker, but once you're stuck there, you're stuck there. arty doesn't change anything about this - it takes longer for an SPG to turn on target, never mind aim in, than it does for you to get completely hosed up after getting spotted.

No, on Siegfried your exposure in the field is determined by how many things are down the middle as opposed to brawling in the city. If the enemy team has 12 HTs then you can generally be pretty sure they're going to be too far East to shoot you in the field, because they actually have cover in the city. If 7 of them are in the middle shooting at you in the field then you know their city presence is weak and they'll get rolled.

JuffoWup posted:

1 line fisherman's bay is not safe unless something changed in the last year. That is one map I look forward to in my arty because I always get side shots on all the camping in 1 line.

You can rush the West because it's a depressed channel that eliminates LoS from everything in the West, and there are some rocks that provide cover from the NW & SW corner areas. Just the other day I led a successful push straight up the West in my IS-7 in a platoon with Ron & Agent Smith.

JuffoWup posted:

Because most arty go to the east side of the map for the elevated position. More intelligent arty (there isn't as many nowadays) go to the west behind the town. You get some amazingly great angles into all the cover on the east side when doing that. But I'm a rare bird that does thing like that. Or on lakeville, I'll hang out in the middle near the lake. That way I can support the middle road and town fairly well from there. However, I also prefer faster arty moving arty, so I can relocat back to a more standard position for better angles around the church if needed.

You have East & West reversed but I see what you're getting at.

Lakeville is dangerous though if there are any scouts on the middle road.

NotWearingPants posted:

This may be a controversial opinion, but when I get one-shotted by arty I say, "welp", and then I start a new game and completely forget about it by the time the next game starts.

Yeah, but the point of all this is that the presence of SPGs changes the way we play, whether or not you realize it. There's nothing you can do about it, but that's a separate topic.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I recently breached 1800 WN8, and I'm getting the impression that's a new color on whatever popular XVM scale I'm not using, because I'm now actually noticing getting focused on by arty in matches where I'm somehow the least-lovely player.

poo poo's weird.

This is something that I hear all the time from Primelaw, Hellsau, Hardest, Agent Smith, etc. Again, arty changes the way you play the game.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

NotWearingPants posted:

Speaking of which, can we get the logo changed back to the original pink iron cross?

Prince is great and all that... I mean I guess he's great... I, like 97% of white people and 85% of black people, never actually listen to Prince. Let's face it, he's more famous for being the subject of a Dave Chapelle sketch than his actual music. Name three Prince songs that came out after the Purple Rain soundtrack in the mid-80s. You can't do it. Nobody can. Supposedly he's got an incredibly extensive library of music nobody ever listens to.

I keep confusing him with Boney M

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I haven't played in weeks but maybe this weekend I'll make an effort and see if there's any dongholders. What's changing about arty and what happens to my only arty, the LeFoof?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

This is something that I hear all the time from Primelaw, Hellsau, Hardest, Agent Smith, etc. Again, arty changes the way you play the game.

The best is when I'm in a bottom tier and I know the enemy arti is XVM sniping me, I can deliberately make it look like I'm pulling out of my cover, then back off and see three arti shells hit where I was going to be. It was better when allchat existed, because I could taunt them and ensure that the arti would focus me, so I could effectively trade my tank for the enemy artillery, which is a fine trade as a bottom tier tank. It's less consistent now since without being able to mock the enemy for their foolishness they might choose to try to damage tanks instead of just waiting for a shot on me.

I'll say the same thing every time arti chat comes up. There are many maps that are demonstrably worse when there is artillery, and there are zero maps where artillery improves the gameplay, and there are zero maps that are worse with zero artillery. Prok in particular allows superheavy tanks being allowed to do something other than hide and hope to never be spotted, or just hope the enemy arti misses repeatedly. When a heavy tank is allowed to play the E6/F6 area and spot mid/shoot east, the faster tanks can shoot mid/spot east, then whichever team plays those two spots better get to roll up the east and mid and surround the west campers. When there's artillery the map just breaks down into whichever team's artillery does several thousand damage quicker, and if one team's artillery does eight thousand damage and the other team's artillery is either unlucky and misses, or retarded and tries to counterbattery, then the team with the poo poo arti cannot actually do anything to win. If you've got one team's arti shooting the enemy tanks in the middle and the other team's arti is doing stupid poo poo like just spamming map clicks on the west corner and expecting their team to suicide in to spot so the arti can fire once, it leads to complete nonsense matches.

gently caress artillery.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I recently breached 1800 WN8, and I'm getting the impression that's a new color on whatever popular XVM scale I'm not using, because I'm now actually noticing getting focused on by arty in matches where I'm somehow the least-lovely player.

poo poo's weird.

You get this depending on which tank you drive too. Top tier or bottom, if (hahaha, more like when) my KV-2 gets spotted if I'm not in cover the artillery shells rain. If I even attempt to move out and still am spotted arty makes its presence known

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Welp, it turns out that the mutant is being sold for 90 dollars

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/537136-m6a2e1-original-owners/

:allears:

Apparently selling it even though they said it was exclusive to the pre-order is showing integrity to some of these people. Now I see why people still think donald trump is a successful business man who has had multiple bankruptcies. Also, nothing on offer to those that previously owned one as compensation like they were told.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
How is the light tank reshuffle going to affect tanks in your garage? Do I keep my B-Dog and 1390 but they suddenly jump up a tier? Do they get replaced with the new tank in their tier? Should I be doing something to prepare for this? Like I have enough XP to unlock either the baby Batchat or AMX30 but haven't decided between them. Should I grab one now?

I picked a confusing time to reinstall.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
As far as I know, if you have the t8 tanks you get them as t9s and any XP you had on them stays on the t8. It's a big gently caress you, really.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I know it's a terrible idea and generally only ever works against me, but I'm one of those idiots that goes right on ahead and plays new vehicles without immediately spending free xp on the top modules, because in most cases you can at least mount previously unlocked modules which aren't utter poo poo for the tier and grind the rest out without going completely insane in the process.

Then I got to the ARL V39.

gently caress.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

JuffoWup posted:

Apparently selling it even though they said it was exclusive to the pre-order is showing integrity to some of these people. Now I see why people still think donald trump is a successful business man who has had multiple bankruptcies. Also, nothing on offer to those that previously owned one as compensation like they were told.

Well, they did buff it, so in essence it's not the same thing you paid for before. And possibly why others skipped it. In the long run the Mutant's just a money grabber all the pubbies will suck up, realise they suck just as bad in it as they do everything else and get sold/stored away till the next release like everyone else did before to be forgotten till the next "I'ma quit this game" outrage takes place.
If WG had any balls they'd include extra medkits like the one poster suggested with a note "Prep H to sooth your butthurt" Or if they were feeling like real assholes, they'd release it as a "version 2" and make it have a special v1 Mutant ammo racking ability just to troll

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 1, 2017

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
but muh muh pixel tank exclusivity :qq:

nobody loving cares

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Atomizer posted:

Why is this even an opinion? How can you be such a petty shitlord about a pixel tank? It literally doesn't exist. It's one thing if you've invested in some sort of tangible collector's item, let's say a rare coin, and the coin's value depends on its rarity. Minting more of the same coin would devalue your investment. Allowing more imaginary tanks to exist doesn't devalue your ~exclusive~ vehicle because it has no value. It has a cost but once the money's out of your bank account you have only a valueless bit that has been flipped on your game account. If you could transfer or sell tanks then yeah, rarity=value, but given that the only thing you get out of the transaction is the ability to play a different tank, the decreased rarity of said tank has no change to your ability to play said tank.

Stop being a whiny bitch about literally nothing. What the gently caress do you even care about this; you haven't even played the game since last year! I've been playing non-stop for over 5 years. :colbert:

B-b-b-but it makes me feel special. That's not just valuable, it's priceless. My enjoyment of imaginary tanks (and all things in general) is based directly on other people not having it. :colbert:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Actually, it had value. It was to the account it was attached to. Rare tanks give value when you sell the account later.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Darkrenown posted:

As far as I know, if you have the t8 tanks you get them as t9s and any XP you had on them stays on the t8. It's a big gently caress you, really.

Have they confirmed how the top of the french light tree is going to look? Like should I play the last 5k xp and get one of the t9 meds now just in case they make it weird and I end up with 180k worthless xp on the new t8 light?

I mean I don't see how they would mess it up since there's no other real way to get up to the t9 meds, but it's WG so.......

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It sounds like if you want to go to the tier 10 light, you should buy the tier 8 lights but not put any xp into them.

You should buy them because they will soon be tier 9s and will cost more. You shouldn't put any xp on them because that xp will stay as tier 8 xp and won't help you get to tier 10 once the tank is changed to tier 9.

correct?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

God that Clownshoe bundle is incredibly miserly.

NotWearingPants posted:

It sounds like if you want to go to the tier 10 light, you should buy the tier 8 lights but not put any xp into them.

You should buy them because they will soon be tier 9s and will cost more. You shouldn't put any xp on them because that xp will stay as tier 8 xp and won't help you get to tier 10 once the tank is changed to tier 9.

correct?

Correct except the WZ-132 you can grind XP on since it'll stay a tier eight.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

God that Clownshoe bundle is incredibly miserly.

Correct except the WZ-132 you can grind XP on since it'll stay a tier eight.

so not worth it?

im still mulling over if i really want the mutant enough to go for the bundle

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
lmao if you spend money on that thing

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

JuffoWup posted:

Actually, it had value. It was to the account it was attached to. Rare tanks give value when you sell the account later.

An activity WG has every incentive to discourage and zero incentive to encourage.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Mmm, yum, tasty TOGs, KV-2 is fat soviet tenk now.

And lol at the matchmaking for Skorpions. Took mine out for a bit of fun. I figured maybe with the massive flood of TOGs I'd maybe get in some bloodletting. Nope. Tier 10 match with all tier 10s except the last on the list, T8 Skorpion on both teams. So their Skorpion and mine managed to find each other, got him for half his health, then low rolled him for another 30 percent until one of his T 10 big brothers rolled around and one shotted me from behind.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Don't play regular tier eights on NA server.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Why NA specifically?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

Why NA specifically?

low population leads to an above average percentage of tier ten players in the queue which cannot be drained out through battle tier 12 matches

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

low population leads to an above average percentage of tier ten players in the queue which cannot be drained out through battle tier 12 matches

That means more hp, and more hp = more xp, no?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

That means more hp, and more hp = more xp, no?

except if you're playing a tank that just dies in one or two hits, there are some maps where you can't actually get xp and credits because if you try to fight, you risk just outright dying, and if you just wait and try to chai snipe your team might just slaughter the enemy

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

The best is when I'm in a bottom tier and I know the enemy arti is XVM sniping me, I can deliberately make it look like I'm pulling out of my cover, then back off and see three arti shells hit where I was going to be. It was better when allchat existed, because I could taunt them and ensure that the arti would focus me, so I could effectively trade my tank for the enemy artillery, which is a fine trade as a bottom tier tank. It's less consistent now since without being able to mock the enemy for their foolishness they might choose to try to damage tanks instead of just waiting for a shot on me.

I'll say the same thing every time arti chat comes up. There are many maps that are demonstrably worse when there is artillery, and there are zero maps where artillery improves the gameplay, and there are zero maps that are worse with zero artillery. Prok in particular allows superheavy tanks being allowed to do something other than hide and hope to never be spotted, or just hope the enemy arti misses repeatedly. When a heavy tank is allowed to play the E6/F6 area and spot mid/shoot east, the faster tanks can shoot mid/spot east, then whichever team plays those two spots better get to roll up the east and mid and surround the west campers. When there's artillery the map just breaks down into whichever team's artillery does several thousand damage quicker, and if one team's artillery does eight thousand damage and the other team's artillery is either unlucky and misses, or retarded and tries to counterbattery, then the team with the poo poo arti cannot actually do anything to win. If you've got one team's arti shooting the enemy tanks in the middle and the other team's arti is doing stupid poo poo like just spamming map clicks on the west corner and expecting their team to suicide in to spot so the arti can fire once, it leads to complete nonsense matches.

gently caress artillery.

One recent thing I like is how you can have XVM show you who's using XVM, and who's using stats (as well as the XQMP thing) so you can get an idea who will be stat-sniping.

JuffoWup posted:

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I know it's a terrible idea and generally only ever works against me, but I'm one of those idiots that goes right on ahead and plays new vehicles without immediately spending free xp on the top modules, because in most cases you can at least mount previously unlocked modules which aren't utter poo poo for the tier and grind the rest out without going completely insane in the process.

Then I got to the ARL V39.

gently caress.

It's not always the case that "stock" grinds are terrible, notably when you have the aforementioned shared modules and the stock gun doesn't suck, but yeah, the V39 sucks. :(

NotWearingPants posted:

correct?

Correct: buy them, yes, don't bank XP though.

JuffoWup posted:

A few things. First, what if you don't want to sell the account? What if you still play the game and want to keep your 5-6 years worth of progress, but wouldn't otherwise mind parting with a valuable tank that you don't play much anymore. Can't do that, though. You might want to sell your account at the very end, when you're really done with the game and want to move on to WoT 2, but at that point the game may be dead so your account isn't worth anything anyways. Also, as Bart says:

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

An activity WG has every incentive to discourage and zero incentive to encourage.

(to Juffo:) Account selling is against the ToS. You can technically do it, just not "legally." I actually know a guy who "sold" his account and then recovered it after the Paypal dispute resolution window closed, but that of course depends on your willingness to commit fraud. In the end, your account doesn't have monetary value to someone else because you're not allowed to sell it, just like how you could technically get away with shoplifting, but aren't exactly supposed to!

Agrajag posted:

so not worth it?

im still mulling over if i really want the mutant enough to go for the bundle

It's probably not "worth" it, but I'd break it down to this:

$90 for:
The M6A2E1,
1xGarage Slot (150 g, $0.60)
1xVertical Stabilizer, 1xGun Rammer, 1xImproved Ventilation (1.7M credits, halved to account for frequent equipment sales, equivalent to 2.125k g, or $8.5)
30 Days Premium (2.5k g, $10)
5,500 g ($22)
2,000,000 credits ($20)
So $61 of "stuff" means the tank itself comes out to $29. You could of course fudge the numbers to account for various sales and such, but even if you value the "stuff" at $30-60 that would put the cost of the tank at the same values (inversely.)

$90 is a lot for the whole package but the breakdown of the components means that the cost of this rare tier 8 premium (premium tanks themselves being phased out) isn't that out of line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Atomizer posted:

$90 for:
The M6A2E1,
1xGarage Slot (150 g, $0.60)
1xVertical Stabilizer, 1xGun Rammer, 1xImproved Ventilation (1.7M credits, halved to account for frequent equipment sales, equivalent to 2.125k g, or $8.5)
30 Days Premium (2.5k g, $10)
5,500 g ($22)
2,000,000 credits ($20)
So $61 of "stuff" means the tank itself comes out to $29. You could of course fudge the numbers to account for various sales and such, but even if you value the "stuff" at $30-60 that would put the cost of the tank at the same values (inversely.)

$90 is a lot for the whole package but the breakdown of the components means that the cost of this rare tier 8 premium (premium tanks themselves being phased out) isn't that out of line.

ok lets put it another way.

how is the mutant compared to the t34? i loving hate playing the t34 and it is terribly unfun, is the mutant fun?