Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I've gotten so good at living frugally I might actually quit my (much better paying but soul-sucking) job to take something relaxing at $20/hr or so if a $15/hr minimum wage passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

If you don't know about the glass ceiling metaphor it just looks like she's destroying the office of the presidency.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Jeb! Repetition posted:

If you don't know about the glass ceiling metaphor it just looks like she's destroying the office of the presidency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxC8w-vPGTM

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
"I'm more Obama, but without charisma or even half-hearted willingness to stand up to our bloodthirsty foreign policy establishment. Stronger Together."

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Hillary Rodham Clinton: [while trekking through the Vermont wilderness] Targeting me won't get their money back. I knew the poors wouldn't go down without a fight, but this is different. They crossed the line.

Bernie Sanders: You crossed the line first. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand.

Hillary Rodham Clinton: The poor aren't complicated, Bernie. Just have to figure out what he's after.

Bernie Sanders: With respect Secretary Clinton, perhaps Mr. Trump is a man that you don't fully understand, either. A long time ago, I was in Burma. My friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit. So, we went looking for the stones. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with him. One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing them away.

Hillary Rodham Clinton: So why steal them?

Bernie Sanders: Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

. . .

Hillary Rodham Clinton: [later, in e-mail communication] The bandit, in the forest in Burma, did you catch him?

Bernie Sanders: Yes.

Hillary Rodham Clinton: How?

Bernie Sanders: We burned the forest down. :bernin:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Freaking Crumbum posted:

Hillary Rodham Clinton: [while trekking through the Vermont wilderness] Targeting me won't get their money back. I knew the poors wouldn't go down without a fight, but this is different. They crossed the line.

Bernie Sanders: You crossed the line first. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand.

Hillary Rodham Clinton: The poor aren't complicated, Bernie. Just have to figure out what he's after.

Bernie Sanders: With respect Secretary Clinton, perhaps Mr. Trump is a man that you don't fully understand, either. A long time ago, I was in Burma. My friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit. So, we went looking for the stones. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with him. One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing them away.

Hillary Rodham Clinton: So why steal them?

Bernie Sanders: Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

. . .

Hillary Rodham Clinton: [later, in e-mail communication] The bandit, in the forest in Burma, did you catch him?

Bernie Sanders: Yes.

Hillary Rodham Clinton: How?

Bernie Sanders: We burned the forest down. :bernin:

Berned the forest, cmon man.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

The hubris, so finely aged. It just gets better with time.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bernie would never help colonize and subjugate Burma, hes also not so dumb that he thinks de-legitimizing the local government is illogical

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
":lol:"

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
It's tough to.come up with a campaign message when it takes three people working in secret for two months to create her logo.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Hillary's message was "got mine, gently caress you, but here's some crumbs you losers"

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

MD2020 posted:

It's tough to.come up with a campaign message when it takes three people working in secret for two months to create her logo.

wanna give this guy a swirly so bad

quote:

One more thing was different now. In 2008 the Obama team had found themselves customizing their logo to appeal to different groups: veterans, teachers, the LGBT community. Looking back, some of these graphic adaptations seemed forced to me. With its concentric circles, its curves and gradations, the Obama mark was handsome but complex. It already looked finished. I began thinking about a logo that was the opposite: simple, open-ended, something that would invite participation.

Then, within minutes, the social media reviews started coming in. “So what lucky third grader won the Design the Hillary Clinton Campaign Logo contest?” “Hillary’s logo was clearly designed in PowerPoint by a PowerPoint user.” (This is a deep insult for a graphic designer, for reasons not worth explaining.)

The country had bigger issues to deal with. Nonetheless, perhaps because I was the only designer in the world who didn’t seem to have a public opinion about it, its authorship soon became common knowledge.

As only an obsessive graphic designer would, I noted with satisfaction the placards that greeted Bernie Sanders in Philadelphia the night he rose to call for unity on behalf of the party’s candidate. His graphics had been almost random during his grassroots campaign; that night, Sanders faced a sea of signs bearing his name, not in Clarendon, the closest thing to a standard his team had managed to achieve, but in Unity, the Clinton font.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Unity, the Clinton font.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bro Dad posted:

Unity, the Clinton font.

*Re-uses all the same dishonest attacks against Bernie that she used against Senator Obama*

Why are Bernie bros tearing the party apart?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Comic sans that font, cowboy

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bro Dad posted:

wanna give this guy a swirly so bad

you heard it here folks. 9/11 was simple, open ended and encouraged participation

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

quote:

“Hillary’s logo was clearly designed in PowerPoint by a PowerPoint user.”

thems fighting words, if you want to watch a nerd fight

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

quote:

The grassroots slogan #ImWithHer

I have serious trouble believing that stupid slogan wasn't also designed in secret to be as terrible as possible. There is zero chance it was grassroots - especially since the designer mentions in the same paragraph a hired staff member made it ubiquitous.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

quote:

Through it all, I was heartened by the resolve of the team at Clinton campaign headquarters. They were confident in the work and told me they had no intention of abandoning it. [...] As we worked on the campaign, it never occurred to us to be anything less than perfect.

quote:

Then there was Donald Trump. Bad typography; amateurish design; haphazard, inconsistent, downright ugly communications. When the Trump / Pence monogram was mocked for its how-did-they-miss-that salaciousness, their campaign team committed the ultimate act of weakness: they blinked and took it down without comment. [...] And everything was topped off with nothing more than a red hat with a badly kerned, caps-locked slogan.

There we go, the Hillary teams core message: "Double down, especially if it's not working! Being responsive to the public is a sign of weakness!"

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

The logo is an arrow pointing away from the Hillary H because when you see her,

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

This confirms my long experience working with designers in web dev though - they are almost all idiots.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

MD2020 posted:

A logo they immediately had to change colors on.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Never noticed this before but:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
theres so many dumb thing wrongs with that logo its great

red, moving rightward out of the blue, vaguely looks like 9/11

like i get its supposed to denote moving forward/the next step but lol

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

i like the bacon h

as well as the goatse h in the middle

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Bad: Moving to the right?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Moving to the right: Bad?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Modest Mao posted:

Bad: Moving to the right?

Modest Mao posted:

Moving to the right: Bad?

:thinkyface emoji:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
'Smart compromise'

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

SimonCat posted:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Goldwaters is simultaneously really bad and also much better than Hillary's

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Donkwich posted:

i like the bacon h

as well as the goatse h in the middle

The first time I saw the logo there was no name next to it and I legit thought that it had something to do with a hospital.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Remember how they created all those cheesy holiday specific H logos?

Best one was rosa parks sitting at the back of the bus.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

SimonCat posted:

In your guts, you know she's nuts

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

In your guts, you know she's nuts

In your heart, you know she's *faaaarrrtttt*

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

GlyphGryph posted:

Goldwaters is simultaneously really bad and also much better than Hillary's

Goldwater's is literally "White makes right"

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Why do stupid people think right arrows mean forward anyway. Right means go right not go forward.

Everyone knows UP arrows mean forward.

Like what is wrong with people

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Why do stupid people think right arrows mean forward anyway. Right means go right not go forward.

english is written left-to-right. to go right is to go forward in the text.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GlyphGryph posted:

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MD2020 posted:

That's some good grift right there.

• Locked thread