Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

If everyone is a robot, there will be no gender or race inequalities. If you think about it, Sonic is the real MRA all along.

Yup, checks out. M'robo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Discendo Vox posted:

Yup, checks out. M'robo.

It was about that time that I realized the comic was not going in a direction I enjoyed. The art was looking bizarre, and the stories even weirder.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Yeah, that's probably around when the comic jumped the shark.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I've always liked that Eggman is a feminist. Like he's this woke dude whose nihilism got the better of him and he decided if humans won't be civilized and egalitarian then he'd just make a world of robots who'd be egalitarian. They don't have to pay him, just look like him.

Also, Sonic is the Merciry/Hermes of the New Aeon.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Schwarzwald posted:

#1 player at Ohayocon

Robotnik \ Eggman is consistently the best character in anything Sonic related

Now that they're finally releasing another proper 2D Sonic game with Sonic Mania, now what they need to do is make a Dr. Robotnik Spinoff game.

Yes, I realize Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine exists, but that doesn't really count because it's just Puyo Puyo. That said, Puyo Puyo is great.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dr. Eggman
Age unknown persumbebly in his late teens.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The reason why I am excited for Sonic Forces being post-apoc Eggman-has-won is that we get to see a lot more of him hamming it up.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

The reason why I am excited for Sonic Forces being post-apoc Eggman-has-won is that we get to see a lot more of him hamming it up.

Honestly, I feel that's the one area where Pontac and Graff excel - writing Eggman. Everyone else...? Not so much.

I will continue to hold out hope for Ian Flynn to get the job for one of these things, because he does everyone well.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It's a tragedy that we've never had a Brian Blessed-voiced Robotnik.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

It's a tragedy that we've never had a Brian Blessed-voiced Robotnik.

There's always the live action Sonic movie that's in the works.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

TFRazorsaw posted:

Not the same thing to be honest. If he didn't sing as Robotnik it doesn't count.
Hmmm no actually it's exactly the same

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yes, I realize Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine exists, but that doesn't really count because it's just Puyo Puyo. That said, Puyo Puyo is great.

I've been playing the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo on Switch with my friend a lot, and he asked if I played Puyo Puyo as a kid. (I should probably clarify at this point that this is in Japan and he's Japanese) Explaining Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine was hard. The basic exchange was something like:

Me: So you know Sonic the Hedgehog?
Him: That Sega character?
Me: Yeah. So the villain's name is Dr. Eggman
Him: Right.
Me: Except in the west, he used to be called Dr. Robotnik.
Him: Dr...What?
Me: In the US they changed the graphics to be about him and his factory where he turns the Puyos into robots, but the Puyos are called beans. It was called Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Him: What the gently caress is wrong with you people

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The barcode also scans, though I'm having trouble telling exactly what it gets to.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

The barcode also scans, though I'm having trouble telling exactly what it gets to.

It just says "people mag"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/847503115389620225

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New Sonic Mania character lookin good

https://twitter.com/Ktr4ks/status/847528051776909313

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This owns

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Amazing. Is that a romhack or something else?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

Amazing. Is that a romhack or something else?

Definitely not a rom hack, nor real

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Definitely not a rom hack, nor real

It's not very well done either

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I've seen so much crazy real stuff from SMW hacks that I'll believe anything.:cheeky:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The person who tweeted the video linked the ROM in a reply to themselves, and yes it is an actual thing. Doesn't work on real hardware though.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Somone streamed the whole thing if you're interested

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jhcIddnZKA

a suggestion from that stream.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I could see that being a romhack of Yoshi's Island. Sonic 2, not so much.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

MikeJF posted:

It works super well from what I've seen. Yoshi's better suited for Sonic platforming than Sonic, funnily enough.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lizard Wizard posted:

It works super well from what I've seen. Yoshi's better suited for Sonic platforming than Sonic, funnily enough.

Reminding me of that one level in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lizard Wizard posted:

. Yoshi's better suited for Sonic platforming than Sonic, funnily enough.

Um, not exactly

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

IT'S A GOOD ROMHACK OKAY?

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
They're good romhacks Brent

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Quantum Mechanic posted:

They're good romhacks Brent

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

MikeJF posted:

It's a lot less work replicating yoshi's movement and tounge mechanics in sonic 2 than it is to recreate the entirety of the levels, enemies and bosses from sonic 2 in Yoshi's Island.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Just saw a comment pointing out that in terms of premise, Forces is basically a follow-up to Sonic Chronicles, though obviously not an actual continuation (plus it has multiple Sonics).

It's a nice thought though; Chronicles ended on such a flat note, so it's an easy idea to fudge as head-canon.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I am guilty of thinking of Chronicles when seeing the Forces trailer myself. I hate what this series has done to my brain sometimes.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Yo, I heard you cool echidnas like Knuckles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jhcIddnZKA

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Just saw a comment pointing out that in terms of premise, Forces is basically a follow-up to Sonic Chronicles, though obviously not an actual continuation (plus it has multiple Sonics).

I don't have anything to add to this other than Sonic Chronicles is now objectively a Better game than Mass Effect: Andromeda and this is the most important accomplishment this game will ever make to me :911:

:laugh:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 3, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't have anything to add to this other than Sonic Chronicles is now objectively a Better game than Mass Effect: Andromeda and this is the most important accomplishment this game will ever make to me :911:

:laugh:

Review scores are wildly subjective

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm surprised Chronicles got reviews like that. I could tell the game was a cheap piece of poo poo in the first 20 min.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there were reviewers giving Sonic chronicles a rating higher than 7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Did Sonic Chronicles have a conversation wheel?