Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I now have a 5* Effie I can throw into my team with Hector, but I'm not sure that the double tank team is really that good - Subaki already does fine as my lance unit, and then there's RobinM to help balance things out.

I'm going to miss Lucius being the bonus unit though, he was great at patching up Hector after he's tanked lots of units. Hm, maybe I can swap out RobinM for Bunmillia the next bonus unit set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Rascyc posted:

Same, I'm sitting on a mountain of feathers and am p bored. I doubt the April update helps much either.
I've been spending my feathers on making the bonus arena characters good. Most of the time, they sit in a corner, but a handful of times they've made life easier for Eirika and Nino, and sometimes flat-out saved a streak.

Can Nino kill Linde? Sure, but Ursula had Blarblade an Blue Tomebreaker, so she didn't need to. Could Eirika face-tank a Takumi? Sure, but so can Anna, and that also puts her in Vantage/Naotun range. Could either of them take down a Marth? Easily, but so can Sharena. Hell, my last match of my last streak was saved by kiting around a whale Hector while Ardent Sacrificing Anna's HP onto Eirika so she could survive his counter attack.

If you already have a good team, making something of the bonus characters is a fun way to spend your time/SP/feathers.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Yes, now is time for ULTRASELENA to shine!!!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

secret volcano lair posted:

https://twitter.com/fe_heroes_jp/status/848369967368085505

Hope you got a decent bunny or 4* michalis ready to go cause the rest of those guys really suck.

I wonder if the new arena scoring rules will be in effect.

I'm very interested to see how heavily they weight merged characters and inherited skills. If they literally just give a character extra ranking points for every inherited skill they have equipped, there's going to be a ton of annoying SP grinding required...

Huh. Well, I already ground up a pretty decent cavalry team, with Gunter on it, so I guess for next week's Arena, it'll be the Ursula Mounted Deathsquad's time to shine. I just wish Eliwood wasn't such dead weight. He's by far the weakest link on that team.

Oh, and I finally rolled an armored axe user! It's Sheena. :v: A little late to grind her up for the all-armor quest. Bye-bye, 3 bonus orbs! (And probably 6 bonus orbs if I'm being honest with myself. The all-flying team is only just inching past lv 30 and Camilla has not been pulling her weight. I forget her nature but her attack and speed were both neutral. She quite often can't even scratch armored lance users, which is kinda supposed to be ya know... her JOB.)

Here's hoping they roll out some new quests for bonus orbs! I'd love to try for some of the bunny people.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Hold onto that Sheena. Yeah, she can't do damage for poo poo, but there are "Survive for x rounds" maps coming up, and shoving a Healer or an Ardent Sacrificer up her rear end might be good for those.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Clawtopsy posted:

Yes, now is time for ULTRASELENA to shine!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Laslow is a bonus unit in a couple weeks too to round out the Awakening trio, so maybe keep an eye out for him.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
So many orbs spent on two Lucina banners and now bunny Lucina banners and zero Lucinas.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/848550613147430914

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

They missed that he cameos in the secret ending of FE7 as a kid. :colbert:

E: Also assuming that they'll do more of these, lol that they started with a character without a game of his own in English to advertise.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean they're not mentioning the obvious Smash Melee so I think they're actually asking

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Sacrificed to an unoptimal pair of bunnygirl tits, that's where you can find him.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Got my appearance rate up to 4%/4%.

Did a draw, one green orb, opened it up, 4* Raven.

Did another draw, two green orbs, opened the first one, 3* Arthur. Paid $2 to get enough orbs to open the second.

5* Hawkeye. :smith:

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Yikes

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rolled a 5* Marth. What are people inheriting on their Marths? I'm thinking Moonbow but not sure what else I could do.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

W.T. Fits posted:

Got my appearance rate up to 4%/4%.

Did a draw, one green orb, opened it up, 4* Raven.

Did another draw, two green orbs, opened the first one, 3* Arthur. Paid $2 to get enough orbs to open the second.

5* Hawkeye. :smith:

At least Hawkeye equals a Death Blow 3 for a unit you like better.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

Rolled a 5* Marth. What are people inheriting on their Marths? I'm thinking Moonbow but not sure what else I could do.

I gave mine Wo Dao and Death Blow

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Hope there comes a day to correct really dumb IVs

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Roger Explosion posted:

I've been spending my feathers on making the bonus arena characters good. Most of the time, they sit in a corner, but a handful of times they've made life easier for Eirika and Nino, and sometimes flat-out saved a streak.

Can Nino kill Linde? Sure, but Ursula had Blarblade an Blue Tomebreaker, so she didn't need to. Could Eirika face-tank a Takumi? Sure, but so can Anna, and that also puts her in Vantage/Naotun range. Could either of them take down a Marth? Easily, but so can Sharena. Hell, my last match of my last streak was saved by kiting around a whale Hector while Ardent Sacrificing Anna's HP onto Eirika so she could survive his counter attack.

If you already have a good team, making something of the bonus characters is a fun way to spend your time/SP/feathers.
Sure but nearly every time the three man core does almost all of the lifting. Changing one guy outside that core doesn't change the way the team plays so it's all very repetitive.

I wish they'd just go with themes or something or open up different versions of the arena to vary it up.

I need more reasons to level/inherit atm than the arena. I literally just slap the lowest tiers of poo poo like quick riposte and breakers cause they are good enough for my purposes personally.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Hmmm... I have a +Attack -Speed Sheena, do you guys think she could be a decent unit if I gave her Wary fighter? I also have a -Attack +Res Sheena who is either going to be fed to the other Sheena, or used to give someone svalinn shield. Can you guys think of anyone (armoured units only) who would like svalinn shield? It's an A slot, in case you didn't know.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Oil of Paris posted:

Just buy more orbs and stop complaining.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Stephen9001 posted:

Hmmm... I have a +Attack -Speed Sheena, do you guys think she could be a decent unit if I gave her Wary fighter? I also have a -Attack +Res Sheena who is either going to be fed to the other Sheena, or used to give someone svalinn shield. Can you guys think of anyone (armoured units only) who would like svalinn shield? It's an A slot, in case you didn't know.

Unless you really hate Armorslayers/Heavy Lances/Hammers, there's not much point. Until those weapons become popular in the arena, it's a wasted skill most of the time. And even then, most people will probably go with magic to take out armors rather than resort to anti-armor weaponry.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Stephen9001 posted:

Hmmm... I have a +Attack -Speed Sheena, do you guys think she could be a decent unit if I gave her Wary fighter?
Yes. She'll have a speed of 22 at level 40, which means doubling will not be a thing unless it's against her. With Wary Fighter, that's the best possible Sheena you could get because the dear girl desperately needs more attack.

quote:

I also have a -Attack +Res Sheena who is either going to be fed to the other Sheena, or used to give someone svalinn shield. Can you guys think of anyone (armoured units only) who would like svalinn shield? It's an A slot, in case you didn't know.
Svalinn Shield's not that good. The a-slot is better used for increasing offence and things that rock armour-advantage aren't that common. The only reason why you'd keep it on Sheena is to make her more of a wall than she already is (play to her strengths) and that something like Moonbow or Bonfire is a better investment of SP to increase her attack. Even then, just see what these "Survive for x rounds" maps are going to be like in the April update before getting rid of Escutcheon. You also want to give her Pivot, Reposition or Swap, so there's more of an SP drain on top of Wary fighter.

Unless you're desperate for feathers, I say merge. You might get another point of attack out of it.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 2, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Oil of Paris posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I would be shocked if, by this time next year, there was not some sort of system to mess with natures. My guess is something like spend 1k feathers to give them a random one (and set them back to level 1 maybe?)

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

The weapons that are effective vs armors are really bad and no one uses them. Svalinn Shield isn't awful and maybe this will change later on, but it isn't worth an A slot when the other two high end armors come with a good skill in that slot already.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Stephen9001 posted:

Funny. The Sheena I just pulled today has +Atk/-Spd as well. I'll keep her around for the survival quests or whatever.

For the record the only time I ever run into anti-armor weapons is in the Training Tower, where the RNG just looooves throwing a team full of them at my all-armor team. (Seriously gently caress that quest.)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

The art looks derpy enough I'm gonna say that's fake.

Also, thanks for the Advice regarding Sheena. I will say that for the one I've already been training, the shield skill has come in handy with some of the enemies in the training tower. And you never know, it might come in handy on a challenge map some day. But yeah, as I expected, Wary fighter is a good idea.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 2, 2017

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Stephen9001 posted:

http://tecchen.tumblr.com/post/159091916228/ike-isnt-in-fire-emblem-heroes

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Stephen9001 posted:

It's fanart.

^^^^^^ :argh:

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

It's fanart.

Oh. Well my point about the art looking inexpert still stands!

that duck
Mar 23, 2013

After many, many attempts I finished my perfect run for 4,630 points. If that isn't enough for top 1k I'm going to punch something.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
Trying to decide on the first unit I want to promote to 5* and I think I am settled on Tharja. But I have 2 so trying to decide which one. Based on the calculators I looked at one is +hp/+res and the other is +spd/-def. I'm guessing the +spd one since the defensive stats don't seem to be as important for a glass cannon mage but wanted to ask before I used the feathers.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

robbob posted:

Trying to decide on the first unit I want to promote to 5* and I think I am settled on Tharja. But I have 2 so trying to decide which one. Based on the calculators I looked at one is +hp/+res and the other is +spd/-def. I'm guessing the +spd one since the defensive stats don't seem to be as important for a glass cannon mage but wanted to ask before I used the feathers.

The +spd one is a monster on the battlefield. Definitely the way to go.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Has anyone found a good skillset for Bunny Chrom? Going to use him for the arena bonus next week, but I'm not sure which skills to put on him. I have one with neutral IVs and a +SPD/-DEF one and I'm just going to assume that the +SPD one is better.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Retcon posted:

Has anyone found a good skillset for Bunny Chrom? Going to use him for the arena bonus next week, but I'm not sure which skills to put on him. I have one with neutral IVs and a +SPD/-DEF one and I'm just going to assume that the +SPD one is better.

I'm not sure it's worth investing that much in him compared to, like, Anna, but he's definitely not terrible. I fed mine a 3 star Subaki for Quick Riposte 1 and swap, then slapped Glimmer on him because I had extras lying around. That should be good enough to pick off blues in arena.

If you really want to make him good I'd consider Fury 3 or Life and Death, with a +spd IV and those skills he can actually start doubling stuff. If you want to make him more tanky Triangle Adept is a good choice too, he shouldn't be fighting reds anyway and it makes him better at shrugging off hits from blues.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean, Bunny Chrom is a 5 star which means 20k feathers for someone else

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Tae posted:

I mean, Bunny Chrom is a 5 star which means 20k feathers for someone else

True, but I feel like they're going to keep rotating Sharena/Anna/Alfonse as bonus characters for Arena.
Anna's high speed is real nice and her Fury/Desperation/Vengeance teleporting build is a lot of fun.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

secret volcano lair posted:

I'm not sure it's worth investing that much in him compared to, like, Anna, but he's definitely not terrible. I fed mine a 3 star Subaki for Quick Riposte 1 and swap, then slapped Glimmer on him because I had extras lying around. That should be good enough to pick off blues in arena.

If you really want to make him good I'd consider Fury 3 or Life and Death, with a +spd IV and those skills he can actually start doubling stuff. If you want to make him more tanky Triangle Adept is a good choice too, he shouldn't be fighting reds anyway and it makes him better at shrugging off hits from blues.
I know he's not that great, but I love the idea of axing down people with bunnies in arena too much. Only have one Hinata and that one's going to be fed to Nino later, but I do have multiple Peris for Glimmer and a 4 star Hana for Life and Death 2, so I'm tempted to go full offense. Triangle Adept is nice, but I only have one 4 star Roy, and Nino already has blue units covered anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
How would you recommend I build a +speed -def bunny Camilla? Gronblade and flier emblem? Iote's shield so I can have a flying mage who can handle archers? Moonbow or Draconic gaze?