Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Need friends so I can complete challenge dungeons before they reset.

I also have a best friend selection I need to use before they reset it 4 days. Triangle up with me!
https://www.padherder.com/user/ValSA

My 3 slots right now are pentamaxed Saria, almost +297 RevoRa with rainbow resists, ALB that I'm dumping eggs in. You can see I have a bunch of other good leads, and I'll put up anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

OK, so, haven't played in forever, don't know what the gently caress is happening, didn't really know what the gently caress was happening back then because of multiplayer. Tear my box apart.

https://www.padherder.com/user/SAtzirean/monsters/

My impression is that I need to evolve Ra Dragon (which is apparently super hard) and then focus on reincarnating the other mons I use? How important is multiplayer?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

tzirean posted:

OK, so, haven't played in forever, don't know what the gently caress is happening, didn't really know what the gently caress was happening back then because of multiplayer. Tear my box apart.

My impression is that I need to evolve Ra Dragon (which is apparently super hard) and then focus on reincarnating the other mons I use? How important is multiplayer?

... You can beat anything with that box. RaDra.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tzirean posted:

isn't radra/dkali/dkali/aisis/revo susano like a perfect radra team? I think you'll be fine

you can also make a dathena team with haku/haku/persephone/durga if you got the 750k mp for her

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Munkaboo posted:

... You can beat anything with that box. RaDra.

Even the stuff to evolve RaDra? I don't have a Zeus Dragon or a Machine Zeus, and I've never tried their dungeons. (and I also need the stuff to evolve ZD and MZ)

Manatee Cannon posted:

isn't radra/dkali/dkali/aisis/revo susano like a perfect radra team? I think you'll be fine

you can also make a dathena team with haku/haku/persephone/durga if you got the 750k mp for her

I do have enough MP, what's so great about D. Athena?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

tzirean posted:

Even the stuff to evolve RaDra? I don't have a Zeus Dragon or a Machine Zeus, and I've never tried their dungeons. (and I also need the stuff to evolve ZD and MZ)

I do have enough MP, what's so great about D. Athena?

She has high damage, is tanky (HP/RCV mult), unbindable, and easy to activate. Not out in NA though.

code:
No. 3193 Guardian of the Imperial Capital, Athena
Dark/Water  |  God/Devil/Attacker  |  Rarity:10  |  Cost:70  |  Avail. Killers: Devil/God/Physical
Lv. 99  HP 3618  ATK 2501  RCV 0  Weighted 862
RES-BINDx2 TPAx3 SBx3
LS: 1.5x HP, 3.5x ATK for God, Devil & Attacker Type; 2x ATK & RCV when Dark & Water attack at once
AS: (16->11): Enhances Dark & Water Orbs; Delays enemy's action by 3 turns

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Read posted:

She has high damage, is tanky (HP/RCV mult), unbindable, and easy to activate. Not out in NA though.

I do like all these things.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Here's a 7 minute A3 clear with her, I don't think this is using ideal team tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-cmRZYV5iQ&t=101s

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

tzirean posted:

Welcome back! In this order:

1) Multiplayer is basically everything. You're playing 1/3 of the game in single player, and you have the #1 and #2 leads for multiplayer: RaDra and Liu Bei. Get on the goon discord for friendly chat, advice and people who don't suck.

2) The first thing you need to start doing is working on your Liu Bei team for MP, and this requires 3 max skilled Zeus Dios. It's a tremendous pain in the dick, but once you do it, you can farm a huge percentage of the game casually pushing buttons and swiping to win

3) Farm up a Myr. While RaDra is crazy powerful, Myr is a close second and you have many lovely Myr subs. It's a fun alternate style of play you may enjoy. It can be easily and safely farmed with Awoken Liu Bei and the Dios twins, with a few utility actives thrown in.

4) Make you ARa into Reincarnated Ra. With RRa+Echidna/Echidna/Orochi/30%Grav I can run you through MechZeus for your RaDra evo. ZeusDra can be gotten pretty easily with Myr.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Manatee Cannon posted:

No, radra/dkali/dkali or dathena depending on personal preference/kanna/aisis is the "perfect" (read: platonic ideal) Radra team. I guess you could replace Kanna with Dathena if you're worried about modulation with Kanna, but the shield active you want for platonic ideal Radra is Indra inherit making ReSusano pointless.

Either way that teamcomp is more than serviceable, it's just not the best possible.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It's perfectly fine to play almost the entire game solo so don't let that multiplayer is everything thing hang you up if you are worried.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah MP is for brainless farming and that's the best way to get burnt out on this game. I play solo with the exception of simple poo poo like tamas where i get more of them per stam from MP. I clear everything solo. Way more fun that way. Especially since I like to take my sweet team with the board sometimes.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

TheQuietWilds posted:

Welcome back! In this order:

1) Multiplayer is basically everything. You're playing 1/3 of the game in single player, and you have the #1 and #2 leads for multiplayer: RaDra and Liu Bei. Get on the goon discord for friendly chat, advice and people who don't suck.

2) The first thing you need to start doing is working on your Liu Bei team for MP, and this requires 3 max skilled Zeus Dios. It's a tremendous pain in the dick, but once you do it, you can farm a huge percentage of the game casually pushing buttons and swiping to win

3) Farm up a Myr. While RaDra is crazy powerful, Myr is a close second and you have many lovely Myr subs. It's a fun alternate style of play you may enjoy. It can be easily and safely farmed with Awoken Liu Bei and the Dios twins, with a few utility actives thrown in.

4) Make you ARa into Reincarnated Ra. With RRa+Echidna/Echidna/Orochi/30%Grav I can run you through MechZeus for your RaDra evo. ZeusDra can be gotten pretty easily with Myr.

1) On the Discord now as Exarch.

2) This sounds like a bigger pain in the dick than you even say. That's 42 skill levels, holy gently caress (also, I don't even have a Zhang Fei right now). Combined with the evo mats for RaDra and the evo mats for the evo mats for RaDra, how long is it going to take me to catch up?

3) The evo mats for Myr were part of the reason I stopped playing, actually; I looked at what it takes to get her and then to evo her, took a break and didn't come back. Is it substantially easier than at her release?

4) Working on it. This one at least is easy, though it presumably won't happen until Wednesday.

Thanks!

EDIT: Three stupid questions:

a) What's the point of quests and should I just complete all the ones it says are complete or should I wait for something?

b) Why do some of my friends have leaders with silver borders and stars at the top?

c) Is there anything I've missed since Myr came out that I won't realize I've missed? Changes in how the game/interface function?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

No, radra/dkali/dkali or dathena depending on personal preference/kanna/aisis is the "perfect" (read: platonic ideal) Radra team. I guess you could replace Kanna with Dathena if you're worried about modulation with Kanna, but the shield active you want for platonic ideal Radra is Indra inherit making ReSusano pointless.

Either way that teamcomp is more than serviceable, it's just not the best possible.

DKali/DKali/DAthena/RSusano is better, since AIsis is kinda lousy aside from being a low CD unbindable color coverage. You should already be using a gem girl inherit so you don't need Kanna's base active and stacking more dark prongs gives you better damage consistency.

I'm told that you don't even necessarily need the second DKali active these days, since uuvo Radra teams can kill so many floors with just partial activation and stat creep. She's still a very solid stat stick for the slot however.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

isndl posted:

DKali/DKali/DAthena/RSusano is better, since AIsis is kinda lousy aside from being a low CD unbindable color coverage. You should already be using a gem girl inherit so you don't need Kanna's base active and stacking more dark prongs gives you better damage consistency.

I'm told that you don't even necessarily need the second DKali active these days, since uuvo Radra teams can kill so many floors with just partial activation and stat creep. She's still a very solid stat stick for the slot however.

I think you are vastly underestimating both the power of four prongs and the power of a 3 cd base active that gets ReVO color boost.

Ed: And I've heard the "Second Dkali is unnecessary" thing as well, hence why I pointed out you can sub out Dkali/Kanna for Dathena. My point is that Kanna is the best light sub in the game not because she has awesome stats (they're okay) or a good spike (it's honestly kinda bad for its cost), but because she has unbelievable awakenings.

ed2: If you had Facet Dkali/Dathena/Kanna(Facet)/ReSusano is probs better than either of our suggestions, to be fair.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 3, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The mass Dios farming is something else you can also skip too depending on your goals/box.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Dios farming is nowhere near as bad as it used to be considering King Tans exist, it takes maybe a couple of weeks of farming (and I mean that in the sense of "you farm Dios and maybe Beorc Descend when it rolls around and not any more than that") total to do it. It's not hard, it's just tedious, but the amount of tedium you save off the investment is absurd. If you have LB, you would be incredibly remiss to not farm up three Dioses in the near future.

If Dios is a featured descend in like, Descend Challenge it will take literally a week of very moderate (as in 6 runs a day moderate) farming to get 3 dioses fully skilled. It is very very much Not Awful to skill up 3 Dioses now, and won't create burnout like it used to.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I think you are vastly underestimating both the power of four prongs and the power of a 3 cd base active that gets ReVO color boost.

You look at those base stats? DAthena and Kanna are doing comparable damage despite that fourth prong because DAthena has loving massive ATK.

Isis adds little to nothing in terms of damage, and even if you're planning around an Orochi inherit RSusano still has more base HP. She's not best in slot anymore unless you need color coverage, especially once we get DAthena to cover blue on NA.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah MP is for brainless farming and that's the best way to get burnt out on this game. I play solo with the exception of simple poo poo like tamas where i get more of them per stam from MP. I clear everything solo. Way more fun that way. Especially since I like to take my sweet team with the board sometimes.

Also, if you don't play multiplayer other people can't judge you!

I am a judgemental person.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

People co-op with others and not with their alts???

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did a few rolls because Ronove would be neat

Verdandi (#4)
Yomi (#3)
Verdandi (#5)
Verdandi (#6)

Well gently caress you too, PAD.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

coop is for people with friends

:saddowns:

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

UHD posted:

coop is for people with friends

Or losers with multiple devices. (Like me)

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Valicious posted:

Need friends so I can complete challenge dungeons before they reset.

I also have a best friend selection I need to use before they reset it 4 days. Triangle up with me!
https://www.padherder.com/user/ValSA

My 3 slots right now are pentamaxed Saria, almost +297 RevoRa with rainbow resists, ALB that I'm dumping eggs in. You can see I have a bunch of other good leads, and I'll put up anything.

I was quoting this to say me and another guy earlier are looking for a 3rd, but that's also you :v:

So yea, need 1 more for this triangle to use it up before reset

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

Nosre posted:

I was quoting this to say me and another guy earlier are looking for a 3rd, but that's also you :v:

So yea, need 1 more for this triangle to use it up before reset

Reset is in two days, so I panicked and threw my BFF at TQW. Sorry.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

np I'll probably just throw it on someone relevant too

Anyone want a 1-way BFF? Having Ilm up would be highly preferred, then other stuff I'd be interested in are RaDrag, Ganesha, Ronove

367 809 341

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nosre posted:

np I'll probably just throw it on someone relevant too

Anyone want a 1-way BFF? Having Ilm up would be highly preferred, then other stuff I'd be interested in are RaDrag, Ganesha, Ronove

367 809 341

sure I'll add you, I have krishna/ganesha/ronove up right now

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Ok! Still hoping for that Ilm buddy but if no one pops up with one you can get it :)

Kavaar
Apr 13, 2005

Nosre posted:

Ok! Still hoping for that Ilm buddy but if no one pops up with one you can get it :)

I just send you an invite. I have Ilm in slot 1 and I just bought a RaDrag. He probably won't be fully evolved for quite a while though.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
My alt pulled DKali #2 during the Godfest, so now I'm seriously considering Ra Dragon for the alt.

Nothing as nice for the main account, but I did get Australius and two Acalas.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Does the guard break awakening still have the typical rainbow team restriction or can you activate it even without having a full rainbow team?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

Does the guard break awakening still have the typical rainbow team restriction or can you activate it even without having a full rainbow team?

It's the former, which makes it pretty hard to make use of in most teams.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Just started out and did some early dungeons. Friend ID 382624473.

Got Hermes as my first REM, Tyrra starter, (evolved once).

For other 4+ stars, I have Extreme King Metal Dragon, King Sapphire Dragon, Tamadra, King Gold Dragon, and Thumbelina, plus all the junk looted from early dungeons. Up to Neptune Glacier on normal dungeons.

What friend leaders should I be looking for to synergize with Hermes, and how should I best be building teams around what I have?

Also for the monster stones, is there anything I should be saving them for aside from REM? Or should I just roll them all into REM rolls once the next godfest starts?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Zerilan posted:

Just started out and did some early dungeons. Friend ID 382624473.

Got Hermes as my first REM, Tyrra starter, (evolved once).

For other 4+ stars, I have Extreme King Metal Dragon, King Sapphire Dragon, Tamadra, King Gold Dragon, and Thumbelina, plus all the junk looted from early dungeons. Up to Neptune Glacier on normal dungeons.

What friend leaders should I be looking for to synergize with Hermes, and how should I best be building teams around what I have?

Also for the monster stones, is there anything I should be saving them for aside from REM? Or should I just roll them all into REM rolls once the next godfest starts?

1) get into discord, people will be able to help you out a lot more with co-op dungeons. Watch for Haephestus & Indigo and ask for a carry so you can evolve your Hermes to the best evolution (Awoken Hermes).

2) Your best team for now is anything blue. You're going to want to team with Meridionalis, who is kind of rare. You want to get up to the point where you can use your Best Friend selection on one before they reset on Wednesday (they're use or lose). Luckily the best way to do this is Monday dungeon, and someone will certainly help you out on discord. After you make AHermes your best teams are ASunQuan or B/R Mori Motonari.

3) Save all your stones for the next good godfest. Ask around (Discord/Thread) next godfest to make sure you're rolling on a good one.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 3, 2017

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Zerilan posted:

I sent an invite. I've been leaving up a Revo Neptune, he's blue.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Gotta use my best friend slot up before the reset, does anyone want to do a triangle? I use RaDra, Myr, and Revo Bastet but I don't care what anyone else brings since I already have like 30 BFs. I'll be replacing Bastet with D.Athena once she's released and I might switch Myr out for Meridionalis once shes plussed up. If I can't find one by tomorrow I'll just give it to whoever.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Axetrain posted:

Gotta use my best friend slot up before the reset, does anyone want to do a triangle? I use RaDra, Myr, and Revo Bastet but I don't care what anyone else brings since I already have like 30 BFs. I'll be replacing Bastet with D.Athena once she's released and I might switch Myr out for Meridionalis once shes plussed up. If I can't find one by tomorrow I'll just give it to whoever.

I just got back, have a RaDra, expect to get a DAthena, and everyone's telling me to get a Myr.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

If anyone runs Acala semi frequently and is looking for other Acala havers hit me up. I usually keep Ronove and Ilm up, but I also play with revo Bastet and would use Acala more if any one on my current friends list kept her up. I'll be buying DAthena if/when she comes. 388 643 391

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

tzirean posted:

I just got back, have a RaDra, expect to get a DAthena, and everyone's telling me to get a Myr.

Anyone else want to get in on this? If we can't find a 3rd ill just BF you sometime tomorrow.

Edit: Whats you're in game name and or ID#?

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So how rough is it to farm Myr with an unskilled, but leveled/awoken team? Got Myr/Saria/Kanna/Ariel/DQXQ* setup but they have little to no skill levels and no inherits yet.\

* Not awoken yet, need Xuangzang(?) to finish her. 2nd DQXQ is still only a 5* unit.