Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Aranan posted:

I should do that. My wife is always cold, even in the Southeast somehow. She made sure our apartment had a fireplace... in Augusta, GA.

Same in Las goddamned Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Our gas and electric bill was almost $500 this month because my girlfriend always wants to crank up the heat :shepicide:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Tell her to put on a sweater.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Give her your waffle top and bottom and tell her they're jammies

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mike-o posted:

Our gas and electric bill was almost $500 this month because my girlfriend always wants to crank up the heat :shepicide:

Just buy her a snuggie.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i know i'm just one person, but a $500 electric bill is unfathomable to me. my bill has only been over $100 like... twice in 18 months.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I live in a 1920s vintage apartment building with all utilities included. Even with my radiators shut off my apartment will easily hit 80f during the day; I've had a box fan in an open window all winter, including times when it was -10f outside just to keep the temp below 75. In the summer I can run my AC 24/7 for a flat $40 a month fee.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my old condo was electric everything; heat, hot water, etc

during the polar vortexes we had a couple years ago our electric was $600

this month at my house built 130 years before said condo my bill was 180

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

my old condo was electric everything; heat, hot water, etc

during the polar vortexes we had a couple years ago our electric was $600

this month at my house built 130 years before said condo my bill was 180

condo must not have had stair insulation

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

TBeats posted:

i know i'm just one person, but a $500 electric bill is unfathomable to me. my bill has only been over $100 like... twice in 18 months.

I'm a family of 4, almost 5, and this.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Soulex posted:

I'm a family of 4, almost 5, and this.

Oh okay. That makes a lot of sense then. I dont know who has kids :ohdear:

All my friends seem to have kids. I'm in denial about being almost 30.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It's an old rear end house, the owner has barely taken care of it, and the heat is a gas furnace. poo poo is still ridiculous though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TBeats posted:

Oh okay. That makes a lot of sense then. I dont know who has kids :ohdear:

All my friends seem to have kids. I'm in denial about being almost 30.

It's easily the best thing to happen in my life besides my wife. The lows aren't so low yet but the highs just keep coming.

Word of advice to anyone, make sure the woman or man you are gonna have kids with is a good match for you. You'll learn how to parent together but if you are always fighting the kids will see and mimic it. It's how I stopped that part of my PTSD. Seeing my kid yell at my wife really made me go "that's from me. I shouldn't be doing that."

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Soulex posted:

It's easily the best thing to happen in my life besides my wife. The lows aren't so low yet but the highs just keep coming.

Word of advice to anyone, make sure the woman or man you are gonna have kids with is a good match for you. You'll learn how to parent together but if you are always fighting the kids will see and mimic it. It's how I stopped that part of my PTSD. Seeing my kid yell at my wife really made me go "that's from me. I shouldn't be doing that."

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

That's the best parenting advice. Your kids grow up as products of you. If you aren't excellent, they aren't excellent.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Soulex posted:

That's the best parenting advice. Your kids grow up as products of you. If you aren't excellent, they aren't excellent.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
You can also apply this to more than your family, it requires a lot of patience and love but I've been happier overall.

Like sarcasm and snark are easy, convincing your friends to follow their dreams, taking time to understand their motivations, and contribute to their happiness take effort.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

J.A.B.C. posted:

So we have a bunch of events coming up in the next few months that my command team listed as no-fail. A large ftx, redeployments, and a couple of historic events that roll into the 75th anniversary of the 101st.

So of course the officer downrange, who doesn't even do Public Affairs work, wants me to replace him while he prepares to retire. The man is a running joke who has spent the deployment posting up photos of PT to Facebook while doing his job as an MP advisor, which I am not even close to be trained for.

I'm not even mad about going over, as the chances are slim and it'd be four months of extra tax-free pay. Just that it'd only be a Cpt's act of pointless spite that would screw over the brigade PA coverage plan.

I'm posting here because I'm certain staff doesn't know this place exists, and I have no other army people to talk to.

He should suck it up and just finish the deployment instead of dragging you over there to replace him. Depends on how bad you wanna deploy I guess.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

J.A.B.C. posted:

I'm posting here because I'm certain staff doesn't know this place exists, and I have no other army people to talk to.

Have a cool answer ready for when a printout of this ends up on your desk.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Haven't we lost a few posters because their command found their posts? I remember one picture of some wrinkled, blistered feet after a long ruck in a swamp or something...

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Aranan posted:

Haven't we lost a few posters because their command found their posts? I remember one picture of some wrinkled, blistered feet after a long ruck in a swamp or something...

lol martello and his dumbass haircut+hipster pipe. Somebody post the pic

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, you dudes remember armyman25 and his fuckin cape? fuckin lmbo

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
I found out that someone in GIP was in my platoon while I was his PL... but now we are both in better jerbs.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
:magical:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mike-o posted:

Oh poo poo, you dudes remember armyman25 and his fuckin cape? fuckin lmbo

He was so proud of it too :laffo:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dudes got some DSLs

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

So what happened to him

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Zeris posted:

So what happened to him

His chain saw his posts and green weenied him I think.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dudes got some DSLs

It checks out. :colbert:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
RIP Schneider

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

what else is in your spank bank?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Deathy McDeath posted:

RIP Schneider

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

SwampDonkey posted:

what else is in your spank bank?

my secret gip archive doesn't open for just anybody

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Flikken posted:

His chain saw his posts and green weenied him I think.

He was the one who banned high and tights in his company, right?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

McNally posted:

He was the one who banned high and tights in his company, right?
Yep. As I recall, he stopped posting here not because of the weenie but rather to stay out of the spolight. Someone or other in his BN caught wind of it or was a goon, or something along those lines.

Still the greatest memo ever produced.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I don't understand the point of strykers. You can fart in the wrong direction in these things and they'll be deadlined.

Doesn't help that an SBCT has the maintenance support of a IBCT while it needs support more like an ABCT.

I want to trade in my strykers for humvees.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

You'd think again if you saw some of the IED hits Strykers took in my old unit. No way I'd have wanted to be in a humvee for those.

edit: jfc this is the most old man 'back in my day' message I've posted in months now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just about every army vehicle will deadline if you fart in the wrong direction, just FYI.