Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I traded out some work with a buddy of mine, repaired his shop lights in exchange for him repairing my kid's Yamaha Raptor 90. I had cleaned the jets but carbs are somewhat an annoying mystery to me and it didn't fix the problem. He's a former mechanic (tech?) for the Honda quad/utv store.

Anyway, holy loving poo poo this thing is fast, how is this appropriate for children? I need to sell it as planned, before I kill myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I rode shotgun for some laps with a D1 driver yesterday while he practiced tandems. Wildest ride of my life

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

freelop posted:

Picked up Brigg today

Most images thus far have just been black blurs though he's currently stretched out on the floor

What a good boy

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

slidebite posted:

I avoid informal car and bike get togethers because of the idiocy that seems to ensue. It's like a mentality that effects 10% of the people there to be asses and while most people that are there are fine, I don't want to be associated with the morons at all.

Had 2 showings with our house yesterday. It's a bit of a pain in the rear end as we remove all traces of cat from the house to do so. Both cats, cat tree, litter box, scratch ramps, dishes, beds etc. Sounds like both viewings we really well and one went so far as to ask for a copy of the RPR (survey) so they can lay out how big of a 2nd garage they can but in the back yard, so that's a good sign.

However, I'm not moving the cats again. We went to my wifes office to lay low for a couple hours and to not stress them as much (as opposed to keeping them in their cages for 2 hours) but upon our return, it didn't work. The cats went absolutely apeshit. The big 20lb Maine Coon-esque male tried to attack me and my wife when he started going after his sister and they were both making the most ungodly howl imaginable and this is from someone that's had cats his whole life. This morning they seem a bit better, are at least able to be in the same room as each other but they were stressed beyond belief and can't put them through that again.

Why do you tolerate this? Who is in charge?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Well drat. Our offer on the house wasn't accepted despite having by far the best offer. The seller was just motivated to dump the house quick (it was their parent's house and they are having trouble paying for the nursing home) so they took a lower, all cash offer.

I'm not really bummed about the house, because while it was pretty nice there are a bunch of other houses out there. I feel burned that my wife and I got hosed out of our first home by what I imagine is a flipper with cash in hand out to make a buck.

Oh well. Life isn't fair. :shobon:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Why yes, I wanted to spend my Sunday night replacing a loving garbage disposal!

At least going from ISE to ISE I get to skip loving around with plumber's putty. The drain output on the new 3/4hp is just a bit higher up than on the nearly-10-year-old 1/3hp one, but still apparently within the range of just flexing the loving pipes until they all fit.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Didn't check my mail yesterday, checked it today when I got home from work.

Oh look... an envelope from my medical insurance company.

With "Here's your new ID card!"

With a different doctor on it. One that's right down the street. One who I've had a real bad experience with, and had already told them about my issues with him. Their website claims I made the change online on March 18th.

I'm going to have the state department of insurance crawling so far up their asses that they won't know which opening to eat or poo poo with. Third goddamn time they've pulled this poo poo in 6 months, and it's always back to the same crock of a doctor (mr "everyone with insurance has to pay cash, then I'll give you a refund when your insurance pays me, minus what they didn't pay me").

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I spent my morning doing the ol' spring cleaning on the front yard including hedges, weeding, blowing out the raised beds, the whole nine. Forgot I'm pasty white, now I'm red. Showers are going to suck for the next few days.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

(mr "everyone with insurance has to pay cash, then I'll give you a refund when your insurance pays me, minus what they didn't pay me").

Seems legit..

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I sold my drum kit which finally put me over the goal I had set so I can build my new computer

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I sold my drum kit which finally put me over the goal I had set so I can build my new computer

I thought you were gonna buy a bro truck?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I thought you were gonna buy a bro truck?

That's a different budget lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

That's a different budget lol

Easier to hide PC parts anyways.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

everdave posted:

Why do you tolerate this? Who is in charge?

Tolerate what? Taking the cats with us for the viewing? That was entirely my decision because I didn't want cat presence in the house for viewings in case they aren't cat people and to be honest houses show way better without pets or signs of them in the home. That said, I will take the big cat tree next time to get it out of the living room but the cats are staying.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Welp, another friend OD'd.

He's alive, at least. This time.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

slidebite posted:

Tolerate what? Taking the cats with us for the viewing? That was entirely my decision because I didn't want cat presence in the house for viewings in case they aren't cat people and to be honest houses show way better without pets or signs of them in the home. That said, I will take the big cat tree next time to get it out of the living room but the cats are staying.

LOL cats and clear signs of cats means Im MORE likely to buy.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
It's official. Kif. Inform the men. I have made it with a woman, and if all goes to plan Mrs. bolind will pop out a little rugrat in early October.

I'm three parts excited and about twenty parts freaked out, but at least it means I get to buy one of these, right?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
There's a 340?!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CharlesM posted:

There's a 340?!

It's 5 more, innit?

(still an i6)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

bolind posted:

It's official. Kif. Inform the men. I have made it with a woman, and if all goes to plan Mrs. bolind will pop out a little rugrat in early October.

*pained sigh*

(Congratulations! Get ready to turn your life upside down, and then continue to do so over and over again.)

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

CharlesM posted:

There's a 340?!

Even better, there's a 140i hatch that comes with a stick (unlike the 340i Touring which for some reason doesn't, while the sedan does... :psyduck:)

But yeah, it's just the *35i that were tarted up as part of the usual facelift.

IOwnCalculus posted:

*pained sigh*

(Congratulations! Get ready to turn your life upside down, and then continue to do so over and over again.)

I understand that on an intellectual level but I'm painfully aware that I have no loving clue how much of an impact it's going to be.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Congratulations, it's great. And terrible.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I keep farting and the lad that sits behind me is clearly uncomfortable. :v:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

freelop posted:

Picked up Brigg today

Most images thus far have just been black blurs though he's currently stretched out on the floor

Rename him Briggs, and get another dog named Stratton.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

bolind posted:

I'm three parts excited and about twenty parts freaked out, but at least it means I get to buy one of these, right?

No, this is your punishment for having the sex:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

spog posted:

No, this is your punishment for having the sex:

Mid-engined, manual gearbox, optional AWD? I fail to see the problem :colbert:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Service the shaft driven accessories then come back to us.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Service the shaft driven accessories then come back to us.

That's a rather rude way to talk about his wife.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo I was laying on my stomach, on the floor, watching the 3D printer.

Then a spider egg sac exploded in the window next to me.

THIS IS MY NIGHTMARE

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

What is it about VW owners and spiders?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

bolind posted:

Congratulations but get a Volvo V90. It is demonstrably the king of child haulers.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Congrats bolind. Though a bit of fair warning...you may soon find that most modern vehicles are not very accommodating of rear facing child seats, and most sources are saying the longer kids are rear facing the better.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Congrats bolind. Though a bit of fair warning...you may soon find that most modern vehicles are not very accommodating of rear facing child seats, and most sources are saying the longer kids are rear facing the better.

This is true. We had to dump our '12 Focus for just this reason. Unless you're short the the convertible seats facing backwards are a pain. If you only have one kid, try the center seat (plus it's safer.) Now that we have a second on the way, we're checking out small cars (my work commuter) that ALSO fit rear facing seats. Civic Hatch will probably work, but that's mostly because Kid 1 is finally forward facing and she can sit behind me.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Had a fun weekend. Selling my Scirocco and a kid said he was going to pick it up Friday then no showed, when I followed up he said he had a personal emergency but still wanted it and put a deposit down. Hear nothing back all weekend so I texted him on Sunday asking what the deal was, said he was definitely going to be there this afternoon. 4pm comes round I text him again and he says he's just waiting for a ride. Finally at 9:30 I give up, sick and tired of following up with this kid and go to bed.

11:30 my phone starts going nuts ringing every five minutes, I figure somebody died or something, I pick it up and it's the kid saying he is an hour away :fuckoff:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

1500quidporsche posted:

Had a fun weekend. Selling my Scirocco and a kid

Awful app formatting gave me a chuckle

:laffo:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

beep-beep car is go posted:

This is true. We had to dump our '12 Focus for just this reason. Unless you're short the the convertible seats facing backwards are a pain.

Hell, even if you are. The baby bucket and following rear facing seats we used were both so long and wide that they had to be behind the passenger side of our MS3. In the middle both seats had to be practically full forward, and as tall as I am, that wasn't going to work. With it fully behind the passenger seat, my wife (who is not tall) still spent much of the first year with her knees jammed against the dashboard.

The CR-V fits in the same footprint but the difference in interior space was nothing short of amazing.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

1500quidporsche posted:

Had a fun weekend. Selling my Scirocco and a kid said he was going to pick it up Friday then no showed, when I followed up he said he had a personal emergency but still wanted it and put a deposit down. Hear nothing back all weekend so I texted him on Sunday asking what the deal was, said he was definitely going to be there this afternoon. 4pm comes round I text him again and he says he's just waiting for a ride. Finally at 9:30 I give up, sick and tired of following up with this kid and go to bed.

11:30 my phone starts going nuts ringing every five minutes, I figure somebody died or something, I pick it up and it's the kid saying he is an hour away :fuckoff:

Well? Did you sell it???

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

bolind posted:

a worthy chariot of your sex trophy, no doubt. Congrats! We are now less than 12 weeks away from our third kid to join the brood. I will echo the statements of others that pretty much all cars suck for rear facing car seats. Considering both of my first kids were terrible car travelers I couldn't wait to have them in front facing seats. Both were much more tolerable in the car once they could look out at the world around them.

April Chat Thread 4/2 smoke ribs erryday

Smoked some St Louis ribs yesterday. :iia:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nah, I'm not selling a car at one in the morning. Basically explained to the kid that the last I heard from him was six seven hours ago. Kid is supposedly going to show up after I'm done work today but I'm not holding my breath.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Somewhat Heroic posted:

a worthy chariot of your sex trophy, no doubt. Congrats! We are now less than 12 weeks away from our third kid to join the brood. I will echo the statements of others that pretty much all cars suck for rear facing car seats. Considering both of my first kids were terrible car travelers I couldn't wait to have them in front facing seats. Both were much more tolerable in the car once they could look out at the world around them.

April Chat Thread 4/2 smoke ribs erryday

Smoked some St Louis ribs yesterday. :iia:

Thank you for choosing the correct ribs. I'm heading down to see my parents in a couple weeks for my birthday and whenever we get down there, we drive the hour to St Louis for a bigass lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

bolind posted:

I drove a 340 last year at the BMW driving school, it sounded great. And I'm pretty sure the B58 engine was better than the N55 in the M235 we also used. The sad part is that the mppk for the B58 engine is more than the N55 because it really requires the redesigned exhaust.

• Locked thread