Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm pretty hyped for Roses' next fight. Her last loss was still an interesting fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Ronda may have huge flaws that got exposed in her last two fights, but she's also seriously good at what she's good at. Holly Holm's entire fighting career has showed us how good she is at avoiding contact with opponents, and Nunes hits crazy hard. I would still pick Ronda over pretty much any other female fighter.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Speaking of literally any other female fighter. McMann has looked a lot better recently. Too bad she always eats her opponents' best punch in all her fights.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
McMann has probably been one of the biggest underperformers in the big show, especially in respect to the amount of hype she had behind her when she first entered the UFC. She just isn't able to reach that top tier.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Speaking of literally any other female fighter.

why?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Because my post ended with the words "any other female fighter".

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nierbo posted:

McMann has probably been one of the biggest underperformers in the big show, especially in respect to the amount of hype she had behind her when she first entered the UFC. She just isn't able to reach that top tier.

Yes and no imo.

Shes only lost to champions and only lost badly to nunes and rousey which is pretty hard to fault.

Id agree though that she isnt as competitive with the elite as I thought she could be based on her background.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Nierbo posted:

As far as women go, Shayna Bazler might be the biggest flop if you count her time on TUF

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
Bobby Green vs. Rashid Magomedov and Wineland vs Dodson are both barn burners that I cannot wait to see

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Bobby Green vs. Rashid Magomedov and Wineland vs Dodson are both barn burners that I cannot wait to see

word. i was looking at upcoming poo poo yesterday, saw these and was like god drat. also reminded that poirier / alvarez is happening which will also be very good.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Just popping in to show my support for fellow eurotrash Gegard Moussasi.Weidman is cool and good but he's going to get wrecked.

Hopefully

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hump day bitches! posted:

Just popping in to show my support for fellow eurotrash Gegard Moussasi.Weidman is cool and good but he's going to get wrecked.

Hopefully

it's definitely possible. there aren't many people who have had 50 mma fights at any weight class and look like the wrecking machine that mousasi currently is

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Everybody's last memory of Weidman is him getting his brains blasted out all over his hometown crowd, so I think people are undervaluing him a bit.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Mousasi is absolutely a beast, but he's also a guy who once got taken down by Keith Jardine 6 times. The point is that MMA is weird.

evobatman posted:

We only need one champion, and her name is Joanna.

Joanna is cool. I really wish Rose could be consistent enough to get that fight. If Rose got her poo poo together, that fight would be loving bananas.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Weidman is going to take down Mousasi and earn a comfortable, though not entirely boring, decision.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably but I'm hoping for Moose to smash him.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

won 2 months fightpass on ariel's show. imo probably karma for giving Keven a free month before

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's good to give keven free months of things imo

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's good to give keven free months of things imo

Why do I picture him as the Duluth underwear mascot?

Edit : This guy -

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 3, 2017

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Please don't doxx kevin

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Thats what I look like as well as how I spend my free time, in fact.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Someone on my facebook is saying that Lawler/Cowboy is going down.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Someone on my facebook is saying that Lawler/Cowboy is going down.

That'd be rad. The only downside is that a fighter I really love to watch will be on a two-loss skid.

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 3, 2017

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Captain Log posted:

Why do I picture him as the Duluth underwear mascot?

Edit : This guy -

I know that guy in real life

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/4/3/15169520/robbie-lawler-vs-donald-cerrone-booked-ufc-213-july-8

Looks like it's official, this has FOTY written all over it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think one of them is going to sleep in the first round. Cerrone has never eaten Robbie Lawler punches and Robbie's jaw might be gone after all the wars.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Robbie is going to beat the poo poo out of Cowboy.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Goddamn, what a great fight.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
That's rearly cool

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I've been on the mousiasi train since his dream days, I think hes been one of the most criminally underrated fighters for a long time.

That fight is going to end with weidman getting ko'd or mousasi getting wrestled and maybe finished imo

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
cowboys gonna get smoked

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

big money big clit posted:

Robbie is going to beat the poo poo out of Cowboy.

I agree

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

cowboys gonna get smoked

You think so? I mean u wouldn't be shocked but I could see cowboy turning Robbie into early 2000s lawler.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

I.N.R.I posted:

I know that guy in real life

its hendricks dietician

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

You think so? I mean u wouldn't be shocked but I could see cowboy turning Robbie into early 2000s lawler.

i dont think cowboys got the firepower to keep lawler from getting him. id be very surprised if he tired lawler out making him miss and his kicks kept robbie away, or something. I dunno if lawlers chin is shaky enough for cerrone to ko. Maybe he could land a head kick. I can see where Cerrone has some on paper advantages like kicks and chin but I don't know if those are going to translate into a 170 lbs fight against robbie lawler

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

i dont think cowboys got the firepower to keep lawler from getting him. id be very surprised if he tired lawler out making him miss and his kicks kept robbie away, or something. I dunno if lawlers chin is shaky enough for cerrone to ko. Maybe he could land a head kick. I can see where Cerrone has some on paper advantages like kicks and chin but I don't know if those are going to translate into a 170 lbs fight against robbie lawler

Honestly lawler has show weakness against headkicks (he blocks them with one arm)...really i hadn't even thought about that and it increases cowboys odds imo.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah headkicks was as close as Rory got to taking him out, and in the fourth round of their fight he came really loving close to taking him out. Should be a killer fight either way.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cerrone also has a good sub game.

But I think the key factor here is that Lawler is a welterweight who had enough power to flatten durable middleweights, whereas Cerrone is a welterweight who has been TKOed at lightweight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah the raw power differential is through the roof. It'll be interesting to see how the betting opens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I don't really have opinions on how this fight will pan out except in the category of how sick it will be (very)

• Locked thread