Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Infinitum posted:

So do you plan on just coasting through this game on the backs of other people? :nyoron:

Can I answer this one???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Only if you give me a cheeky Mary Celeste up in the crows nest afterwards

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

So do you plan on just coasting through this game on the backs of other people? :nyoron:

Not in the slightest. I've been active and participant and I think pretty clear on my motivations and I plan to continue to do so. The fact that you think I've done nothing is clearly you not reading what I'm writing.

Ecco made a suggestion that resonated with me. I still had to act upon it and choose to go along or against. I've chosen to go along, and I'm willing to accept the consequences, which at this moment are you thinking I'm scum. And that's fine.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Your compelling reason is being the 8th vote out of 10, and attempting to turbo someone 2 days out from deadline because it resonated with you?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I've chosen to go along, and I'm willing to accept the consequences, which at this moment are you thinking I'm scum. And that's fine.

This phrasing seems a little odd to me. Are you set on lynching Infin today, like Ecco is?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Your compelling reason is being the 8th vote out of 10, and attempting to turbo someone 2 days out from deadline because it resonated with you?

As it sounded like fun.

Slamburger posted:

This phrasing seems a little odd to me. Are you set on lynching Infin today, like Ecco is?

No. My vote isn't set in stone. There's a couple of people I've got doubts towards. Something about Keane has been putting me off, out of the people remaining neutral he feels the least natural about it. Otherwise MOAT though I can't put into words why.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (7): got some chores tonight, Pinterest Mom, SLASHER HAWKE, Moatillata, Somberbrero, EccoRaven, Mr. F!, 100YrsofAttitude, Mr. F!
100YrsofAttitude (2): Flying Leatherman, Infinitum
Hal Incandenza (1): zzyzx
got some chores tonight (1): Mr. F!
Slamburger (1): The Ninth Layer
Jonathan Fisk (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Mr. F! (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
SLASHER HAWKE (0): Mr. F!, Mr. F!, Infinitum, Infinitum
CCKeane (0): Flying Leatherman, Infinitum, Flying Leatherman, Infinitum

Not Voting (6): AnonymousNarcotics, CCKeane, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk, Slamburger

With 18 people aboard, it takes 10 votes to throw someone overboard.
The current deadline is April 06th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Ecco made a suggestion that resonated with me. I still had to act upon it and choose to go along or against. I've chosen to go along, and I'm willing to accept the consequences, which at this moment are you thinking I'm scum. And that's fine.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The only person I know who has beef with the kid is Ecco, unreasonable as it may be.

How did his vote then resonate with you?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Just from reading the last 2 pages I'm pretty sure 100yrs is scum

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Nothing that 100Yrs has said since I last looked at this thread has made me feel any less confident in my vote.

purrs, finds a nice spot in the sun to nap

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's shocking that Fisk isn't up my rear end about my vote

I'm willing to consider that your bad play is sincere

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
since this push that wouldve been really great and good is petering out im switching to slamburger to prevent him from usurping my role as captain and all his posts today were bad too so thats a bonus

##vote slamburger

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm not giving up and I am hoping for a late-day "oh crap we need to vote for someone" push. stay on it chores we can win by attrition.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm willing to ##vote slamburger, sure

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

I'm not giving up and I am hoping for a late-day "oh crap we need to vote for someone" push. stay on it chores we can win by attrition.
I know my vote isn't available for any other dunk.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

How will we manage to press on

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

At first glance burger's struck me as nothing more than innocuous. I'll give it a second read because I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I know my vote isn't available for any other dunk.

I'd like to think you'd change it if you at first don't succeed D1.

zzyzx posted:

How did his vote then resonate with you?

Not the vote, but what Ecco said to me:

EccoRaven posted:

100yrs I'm going to need you to do me a solid.

I'm gonna need you to vote for Infinitum.

If you're town, you'll be doing the town a huge favor. If you're scum, you'll be doing the town a huge favor.

It's really win-win. I know it's not in your nature to turbo-vote people, you go through things cautiously, but this just isn't the time or place for it.

Please do me this solid.

Ecco appeals to our friendship, which I respect and hold dear, then showing me that this isn't just Ecco telling me to vote something, they actually acknowledge the very way I would resist to doing such a thing (in italics). Ecco knows me and takes that into account. There's thought and care behind the post. I'm acknowledging that by taking a chance with their suggestion.

Plus as I said it seemed(s) fun.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'd like to think you'd change it if you at first don't succeed D1.
let's not find out :angel:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
100yrs is obviously town, I am a very powerful person, I can command anyone except only the most stubborn or resolute to do my will, don't blame him for that.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

NOoooo. . . Vote for CHORES.

Everyone just start piling on chores.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

100yrs I'm curious, did you know Ecco's reason for pushing a lynch for me is old drama she hasn't let go of and dragged across from the chat thread?

Like that is legit the reason why she asked you to vote me.

How does that factor into your friendship?
Does that seem like the mindset of someone who is playing a game, and thus comes in with a clean slate and judges people on their merits and play?
Or does that strike you as a non-town mindset that doesn't care who they lynch and is using old meta drama as a veil to hide their alignment.

I'm curious on your thoughts regarding this now that I've clarified Ecco's position :nyoron:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

*chanting* VOTE FOR CHORES. . . VOTE FOR CHORES. . . VOTE FOR CHORES. . .

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like I'm here to play a game, and it's very hard to do that when I wake up to a turbo on me based on out of thread drama people have dragged in here and then had the gall to give me bullshit about my "anti-town" mindset, so it's getting pretty loving frustrating from my point of view

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ecco
PMom

Knock it the gently caress off and let's play some mafia.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm willing to ##vote slamburger, sure

Are you just me-too'ing a joke vote or do you actually think "all my posts are bad"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

*chanting* VOTE FOR CHORES. . . VOTE FOR CHORES. . . VOTE FOR CHORES. . .

I will look at whatever case you have but I don't get anything weird from chores from what I've read so far

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Slamburger posted:

Are you just me-too'ing a joke vote or do you actually think "all my posts are bad"

This post seems a little self-conscious for a response to a meaningless vote

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

It seems meaningless yeah, but I guess thats why I was asking.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will look at whatever case you have but I don't get anything weird from chores from what I've read so far

You must trust, and just vote.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

100yrs I'm curious, did you know Ecco's reason for pushing a lynch for me is old drama she hasn't let go of and dragged across from the chat thread?

Like that is legit the reason why she asked you to vote me.

How does that factor into your friendship?
Does that seem like the mindset of someone who is playing a game, and thus comes in with a clean slate and judges people on their merits and play?
Or does that strike you as a non-town mindset that doesn't care who they lynch and is using old meta drama as a veil to hide their alignment.

I'm curious on your thoughts regarding this now that I've clarified Ecco's position :nyoron:

I figured it was based on previous misconceptions, which while I agree isn't very sporting, I admit that I'm no way beyond doing the same thing. I definitely have prejudices against some players, though that's only after having played with them several times. Also, I can be much more lenient on someone if I feel I wasn't once before (if you die here, you can be certain I'd give you a free pass elsewhere for example). Some people can come in with clean slates, I know I can't. So I don't hold that against them, it'd just be hypocritical.

I do think they care very much who it is they hang, with you being the core of the focus. I don't think Ecco or Pmom would go after just anyone, unless by who you mean Town vs Scum. In that case it gets a lot tougher to call, and in fact your death would go far in undermining their own standing, were you town. It would be harder to trust them after such a flip.

I don't think taking Ecco's advice was as bad as just voting because it seemed fun. That's just frivolous. But it has been fun, and it has made for a lot good discussion in-game so no regrets there.

Infinitum posted:

Like I'm here to play a game, and it's very hard to do that when I wake up to a turbo on me based on out of thread drama people have dragged in here and then had the gall to give me bullshit about my "anti-town" mindset, so it's getting pretty loving frustrating from my point of view

I get your frustration, but I wouldn't yet peg them as anti-town. I'd like them to use this chance to look at other leads even if their hearts are set on you, it's what you're doing. It's what everyone should do.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I thirst for blood

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I thirst for blood

same

everyone not voting for infinitum either should do so or explain why someone else is scummier.

let's get the day moving!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah i'm still feeling the inf vote. if i had to switch, it'd be to 100. something about his posting feels deeply awkward. not to be lovely, he just seems to be posting Very Carefully.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ecco do you have me on ignore?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

yeah i'm still feeling the inf vote. if i had to switch, it'd be to 100. something about his posting feels deeply awkward. not to be lovely, he just seems to be posting Very Carefully.

I have missed this game. Here I'm being, in my opinion completely devil-may-care, which I only am when town, cause I know I've got all of town to save the day if and when I gently caress it up, whereas I am careful when scum since I have a much smaller amount of people who are specifically counting on me.

Awkward sure but I'm not posting carefully by my reckoning.

There are specifically 2 sentences in which I was very careful with my wording, everywhere else I'm just being loosey goosey.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

EccoRaven posted:

same

everyone not voting for infinitum either should do so or explain why someone else is scummier.

let's get the day moving!

Chores is a much better choice.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mr. F! posted:

Chores is a much better choice.

why?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I have missed this game. Here I'm being, in my opinion completely devil-may-care, which I only am when town, cause I know I've got all of town to save the day if and when I gently caress it up, whereas I am careful when scum since I have a much smaller amount of people who are specifically counting on me.

Awkward sure but I'm not posting carefully by my reckoning.

There are specifically 2 sentences in which I was very careful with my wording, everywhere else I'm just being loosey goosey.

this is incredibly weird.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
mags is probably the second worst mafia player in this game; i dont think ive ever seen him be right about a single vote hes ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

You must trust.

• Locked thread