Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Darkpenguin posted:

I've been back-and-forth to the upper Peninsula of Michigan couple times this year even though they're delicious, pasties are kind of gross looking.

They might not look attractive, but I would shove all three of those into my mouth without hesitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Third paragraph reads like straight out of Achewood.

holy poo poo is it the second cookbook

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Third paragraph reads like straight out of Achewood.

holy poo poo is it the second cookbook

"This is a recipe FOR MEN BY MAN. :biotruths: I had to ask my wife how to do it."

:females:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

All recipes in my cookbook for singles must be able to be made in a single container, like this one for mac and cheese that needs a pot and a baking dish and makes 4 servings.

Credit for not just putting a box of Kraft on the shopping list I guess.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

You men can have this garbage, I'll make my mac and cheese with all actual good cheese.

Random Axis
Jul 19, 2005

That's what I've been doing wrong. I've always made macaroni coated in cheese, not cheese with macaroni embedded in it.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Darkpenguin posted:

I've been back-and-forth to the upper Peninsula of Michigan couple times this year even though they're delicious, pasties are kind of gross looking.

Would, but for the ketchup atop those first two. Ketchup belongs very few places and on pasties is not on that list.

I've actually made pasties myself the proper English way (no seasoning but salt and quite possibly excessive amounts of pepper) and was quite pleased with how they turned out.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snake Person Sexlord posted:

This is exactly the sort of poo poo I'm talking about. Why spend $25 on a very good, well made pizza with interesting flavors:

when you can spend $25 on UNLIMITED PIZZA AND SUGAR JUICE for your 4 screaming poo poo factories?

:goonsay:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

McSpergin posted:

Making some at home for my dnd group this weekend

can i be a wizard?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

McSpergin posted:

That's actually eye opening and incredibly upsetting. I've never had bad ddoekbokki locally or at home! :( especially not where it's overtly sweet, unless the places I go tone sugar down or use a less sweet sugar or just cook it out?

I knew a couple places that made good, not candy-like ddeokbokki and I treasured them like family.

I add no sugar when I make it, gochujang already has some sweetness to it and that's plenty for me.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

We Chicagoans invented deep dish pizza to kill tourists (proper Chicago style pizza is a thin sweet crust, savory sauce, and toppings under the cheese all cut into squares) and now New York decided to take the weaponized foodstuff and give it a dumb name:

Would not.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

NewFatMike posted:

We Chicagoans invented deep dish pizza to kill tourists (proper Chicago style pizza is a thin sweet crust, savory sauce, and toppings under the cheese all cut into squares) and now New York decided to take the weaponized foodstuff and give it a dumb name:

Would not.
would, possibly while hating myself

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015
Didn't take pictures, but my lunch today was definitely AFP. The other day, I made garlic mashed potatoes with dinner. Yesterday, I made chipotle chicken chili. There was only a bit left of each today, so I combined them in a bowl (Orange glop basically) with shredded cheese and tapatio. It was good, but halfway through, I realized I basically made a KFC famous bowl. Am I trash?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Failed Nihilist posted:

Didn't take pictures, but my lunch today was definitely AFP. The other day, I made garlic mashed potatoes with dinner. Yesterday, I made chipotle chicken chili. There was only a bit left of each today, so I combined them in a bowl (Orange glop basically) with shredded cheese and tapatio. It was good, but halfway through, I realized I basically made a KFC famous bowl. Am I trash?

Psssht Leftovers plopped into a bowl only taste as good as their previous incarnations, if you liked it who cares, besides you actually made food instead of pouring poo poo out of a bag and then trying to guy fieri some abomination on purpose to be edgy

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Failed Nihilist posted:

You cooked food twice and made leftover salad, that's way better than a rather depressing chunk of the world can/are willing to do.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

NewFatMike posted:

We Chicagoans invented deep dish pizza to kill tourists

Lies. Only a non-midwesterner would fail to embrace deep dish pizza.

NewFatMike posted:

(proper Chicago style pizza is a thin sweet crust, savory sauce, and toppings under the cheese all cut into squares)

NewFatMike posted:

and now New York decided to take the weaponized foodstuff and give it a dumb name:

Would not.

Would. I would need a long nap afterwards, but would at least once.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I chose this hill to die on long ago.

I'm on an airplane, is airplane food cheating?

The beige tube turned out to be "sausage"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

NewFatMike posted:

Hmm let's see, I see some crumpled up brown cellophane, possibly a quiche flavored cheesecake, banana sausage, and broccoli?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Hmm let's see, I see some crumpled up brown cellophane, possibly a quiche flavored cheesecake, banana sausage, and broccoli?

Ugh, BROCCOLI

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

you are clearly really not a dog friend, my doggos love the poo poo out of some broccoli.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Panfilo posted:

The cellophane was "tomatoes".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Broccoli is fine but airplane broccoli is either going to be mush or will still be half frozen. There is no in between.

Even business class airplane food is extremely mediocre. Except the cookies/ice cream but those are basically impossible to screw up.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Yeah but free champagne kinda kills it. And steamed towels. Oh gently caress you get all that stuff on Cathay Pacific in premium economy.

I'm never flying willfully with United again. Just needed the ticket back on short notice.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

NewFatMike posted:

The cellophane was "tomatoes".

:barf:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Otana posted:

They might not look attractive, but I would shove all three of those into my mouth without hesitation.

No, you wouldn't. I have already eaten them all.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Okay... so what's the chunky stuff in the center?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They claim it's spinach, but I'm not fooled by their lies.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Almost would if they swapped that wasabi mayo with something else

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

NewFatMike posted:

Almost would if they swapped that wasabi mayo with something else

What if it's avocado puree?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Man I know when I eat sushi all I can think is, "I wish this had a bunch of loving bread around it"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Millennial Sexlord posted:

What if it's Nickelodeon slime?

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015

The Bloop posted:

I double dare you to find out.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Failed Nihilist posted:

I double dare you to find out.

I will take the physical challenge :colbert:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

y e s

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

The Bloop posted:

I don't know :haw:

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Would like the ugly animal I am on the inside.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

NewFatMike posted:

lol you found the missing slice of Pac-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Not to backtrack too much, but isn't Mr. Blobby a UK thing?

What on earth is that in the upper left? Are those dates?