Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

got some chores tonight posted:

mags is probably the second worst mafia player in this game; i dont think ive ever seen him be right about a single vote hes ever made

Oh man, that was hurtful. Man, wowie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Mr. F! posted:

You must trust.

talk about chores for no reason one more time and I'mma drain your sweet life nectar go upside your head

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I don't like how chores is dodging my questions.

100 yrs does seem a bit.. put on? But I've never played with said player before so I'm not sure if my feelings are accurate.

So far I feel like Inf's own defense does make a decent point.

##vote chores

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i wasnt aware you asked me a question but the answer is probably that youre an idiot

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

talk about chores for no reason one more time and I'mma drain your sweet life nectar go upside your head

Why, cause he's your scumbuddy?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Mr. F! posted:

Why, cause he's your scumbuddy?

ja I mean yes

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

hey wait slamburger never answered my question

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

100yrs sounds super weird but rn I'm putting it down to a translation issue

maybe I should do the same with mags obviously I'm not fluent in the intricacies and idioms of gallantese

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

i wasnt aware you asked me a question but the answer is probably that youre an idiot

It's ok, just keep dodging scum.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

maybe I should do the same with mags obviously I'm not fluent in the intricacies and idioms of gallantese

##vote slasher hawke

My vote and push for chores was based off the premise that chores hadn't checked his role pm. I wanted to vote for him and push him to see who would try and diminish my push without providing any reasoning behind it.

Seeing hawk push back against my vote on Chores and then his subsequent uneasy posts thereafter make me believe that he is defending chores from a position of someone who knows chores alignment.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I can't tell if we're serious posting yet or not

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

mags finally shut up about chores

thank god

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I can't tell if we're serious posting yet or not

That's my secret Anon, it's always jokephase

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

mags finally shut up about chores

thank god

That's my secret Anon, it's always jokephase

Lol, yeah cause I caught u.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Mr. F! posted:

Lol, yeah cause I caught u.

is zis ze end of adwenturer yohan?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

is zis ze end of adwenturer yohan?

Nice attempt at deflection with humor.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

hey wait slamburger never answered my question

The one where you were trolling me to quote a role PM? Or one of your other super important ones?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

pathetic

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Yes, you are.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sheesh this game is savage

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

it's hard for australians to understand american english, i agree

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (6): got some chores tonight, Pinterest Mom, SLASHER HAWKE, Moatillata, Somberbrero, EccoRaven, Mr. F!, 100YrsofAttitude, Mr. F!, got some chores tonight
Slamburger (3): The Ninth Layer, got some chores tonight, Jonathan Fisk
100YrsofAttitude (2): Flying Leatherman, Infinitum
Hal Incandenza (1): zzyzx
SLASHER HAWKE (1): Mr. F!, Mr. F!, Infinitum, Infinitum, Mr. F!
got some chores tonight (1): Mr. F!, Dick Bastardly, Mr. F!
Jonathan Fisk (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Mr. F! (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
CCKeane (0): Flying Leatherman, Infinitum, Flying Leatherman, Infinitum

Not Voting (4): AnonymousNarcotics, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, Slamburger

With 18 people aboard, it takes 10 votes to throw someone overboard.
The current deadline is April 06th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 hours.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I figured it was based on previous misconceptions, which while I agree isn't very sporting, I admit that I'm no way beyond doing the same thing. I definitely have prejudices against some players, though that's only after having played with them several times. Also, I can be much more lenient on someone if I feel I wasn't once before (if you die here, you can be certain I'd give you a free pass elsewhere for example). Some people can come in with clean slates, I know I can't. So I don't hold that against them, it'd just be hypocritical.

I do think they care very much who it is they hang, with you being the core of the focus. I don't think Ecco or Pmom would go after just anyone, unless by who you mean Town vs Scum. In that case it gets a lot tougher to call, and in fact your death would go far in undermining their own standing, were you town. It would be harder to trust them after such a flip.

##vote 100yrs

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Second Mate's Log: Day 8
++++++++++++++++++++

The last few days, I confess, have passed by me in a blur. My days have been filled with shiply chores, whether it be tying up ropes to other ropes, or hauling ropes up to other ropes by climbing ropes, or even on occasion untying the ropes from ropes I had previously tied. It's all a confusing tangle, and I somewhat regret having bound myself to this situation. If my nerves continue fraying, I might knot make it out of this mess alive.

My nights, meanwhile, have been filled with mysterious images. Something about personas, and a large number five. I cannot begin to make sense of it, but for now at least I suspect it is thoroughly unrelated to the boat. At least those dreams don't end with that big cloud shaped like a mushroom.

Despite my careful and dare I say extremely dashing advances, the fetching Somberbrero refuses to speak to me or even acknowledge my presence. Where others might fall into despair at such a reaction, I only find myself admiring the lady more! Such poise, such determination, such stature...! I must make her recognize my worth. To that end, I have been working on a poem about the lady's lovely homeland of Espanya, the first draft of which I shall reprint here:

~O Espanya, dear Espanya, also known as Spain
Land of bulls and flavored rice
With ladies as beautiful as dragon's flame
A place to live I would find nice~

Now that I reflect upon it, I do think it could use some work. Perhaps I shall ask my furry pet for some proofreading help. The animal's intelligence so astounded me that I have decided to name him "Keen." A fitting name. I only hope he knows more about poetry than he does about knitting. That dog costume is coming apart at the seams.

In the meantime, I face social troubles beyond that of a bursting heart. The first mate, Slamburger, appears to have also settled his sights on my love, and is even now composing his own poetry! It is nowhere near the quality of my own prose, of course, but I fear the effect his words will have, coming from such a strapping young lad. When I think of Slamburger, my heart fills with jealous rage! Doesn't he know how much my heart aches for Somberbrero? Or does he know and simply not care? Does he pursue my heart's heart just to spite me? My only solace is that Captain Chores appears to have seen the same capricious nature in the first mate that I do. And as they say, the enemy of my dragon is probably a good guy.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

i'll be honest I haven't read a TNL post

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Hawke = scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Slamburger, I voted you because your posting consists solely of filler and trying to pull content out of others. I think you're a reasonable pick for scum d1.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's hard for australians to understand american english, i agree

I just talk like this.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I should add, if it's not obvious, that I don't plan out my posts, but rather just start typing, hitting all my thoughts, then posting it. It probably gives it all a sort-of rambly air with a lot of quantifiers instead of more direct definite statements. Also I often forget that people don't actually think like me which ends up with me taking for granted that people will understand the things I've left unsaid.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
17 hours. what's good ya'll? inf should 100% be dead but i will settle for 100 if necessary. i feel like this day will suck if i don't see inf's flip though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rude.

What do you think of 100yrs, Somber?
Have any thoughts on Slamburger?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also is your reason that you're still voting me just lack of effort off the back of a lovely turbo?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

Rude.

What do you think of 100yrs, Somber?
Have any thoughts on Slamburger?

did you even read that post

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

He's made it pretty clear he doesn't read anything that may seem slightly long.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

Also is your reason that you're still voting me just lack of effort off the back of a lovely turbo?

i think the voting pattern indicates that the push was mostly if not all town and you are scum, with the stall out coming at least in some effort from your scumteam.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

did you even read that post

The one where you just went "Why isn't Inf dead yet?" and didn't voice an actual opinion or make a case?

That one?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

i think the voting pattern indicates that the push was mostly if not all town and you are scum, with the stall out coming at least in some effort from your scumteam.

So you can judge alignment based on me not posting in the thread at all? :laffo:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I should add, if it's not obvious, that I don't plan out my posts, but rather just start typing, hitting all my thoughts, then posting it. It probably gives it all a sort-of rambly air with a lot of quantifiers instead of more direct definite statements. Also I often forget that people don't actually think like me which ends up with me taking for granted that people will understand the things I've left unsaid.

100yrs going for that "Euro-Gwynplaine" angle

Infinitum posted:

nah it had potential

make turbos great again :sad:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
while i'm not voting you because you suck at mafia, i can't say that you don't make it tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

100yrs going for that "Euro-Gwynplaine" angle

What's that?

• Locked thread