Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Macross: love stinks

E: Oh god pagesnipe what do I do

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I got you fam
http://wheel.snail.moe/gallery/2017-04-04/princessnine_05_t13-10.67_Erg_said_lol.webm

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Big Daddy Macross

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Good night, you beautiful goons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HTFdCfK46A

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

an actual dog posted:

My gut tells me that this is a series of fakeposts that's going to end with your girlfriend killing someone.

it's not fakeposts I just really liked that show. this isn't the first time a show's gotten... stuck in my head, I guess would be the way to put it? but it hasn't happened in a while

my gf is pretty well-adjusted, don't worry

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 6, 2017

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
(though christ I am going to lose my poo poo if that happens)

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Now i'm listening to my Macross music playlist, thanks anime chat thread 19.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

a kitten posted:

you're welcome

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a kitten posted:

watch out, don't cross the borderline

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Been listening to the Walkure albums all day.

Shame about the show.

Thankful for the music.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I can't find the version where the Zentradi guy sings this song, but here's Sheryl singing some enka music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6q3uHzeN0g

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kyary has a new song and video and i think she really captures the essence of Easter in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OSiE4I-tRY

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

homeless snail posted:

watch out, don't cross the borderline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pLGIgyfjw

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Whew, finally finished Sympgogear G. I'll have to let it settle a bit before deciding how much I like it in comparison to the first season, since it definitely feels like it would fare better on a rewatch (actually understanding character motivations from the get-go, and quite a few moments felt like contrivances without the proper context, which the show did eventually provide, usually an episode or two later).

Overall, I do think the characters were stronger overall, the tone was way more consistent, and the conflicts were much more relatable. I don't feel like there were any character moments that were as strong as the highs in the first season for me, with the exception of Chris' song (though Miku+Hibiki on the ship was pretty good). My only real gripe was the pacing got grounded in the middle, which made it the weakest section of the show for me, which is funny considering that the middle section of the first season was my favorite part.

I enjoyed the choreography of the 1v1 fights in this season more, but outside of the first episode, the group fights against Noise felt relatively uncreative.

One thing I do have to give props to the series for doing is making characters being relatable through their insecurities. Often times a character's motivations or worldview are set in stone in fiction, or just switch because it's convenient for the plot. You have Hibiki's doubts; you see Tachibana act like a dumb, emotional teenager for a change and try to get Hibiki to avoid using her Symphogear by calling her useless, instead of just...talking to her, telling her of her condition; Chris still worries about here place in the world; the FIS girls constantly question whether they are doing the right thing, especially wishy-washy Maria; and Dr. Ver is literally insane. Good stuff.

The only thing that kept on aggravating me as I watched was that there were so many opportunities for any character to go *YOINK* and take the Staff of Solomon off of Dr. Ver, where they just either sat around to wait for him to summon the next wave of Noise after they've cleaned room, or just let him run away, slowly...

Also on a separate note, it feels odd how...low-budget (?) the last episode of the season felt. Feels like they spent their load on the fight scenes in the previous episode. I still liked it better than the finale of the first season, though.

Still a solid, enjoyable show. Time for GX.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm actually feeling really loving depressed after the ending of Kobayashi-San.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I'm actually feeling really loving depressed after the ending of Kobayashi-San.

Yeah, KyoAni has really lost their touch

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

:twisted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the ending of kobayashi cemented it as maybe my favorite kyoani show ever made...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
motherfucker

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kobayashi's still going to predecease Tohru and Kanna and that makes me very sad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Grouchio posted:

Kobayashi's still going to predecease Tohru and Kanna and that makes me very sad.

Memories live forever.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

Memories live forever.
I wish I could remember half of the fun things I've done, especially the ones that don't stand out.
And wouldn't you forever feel like some precious part of you is missing afterwards? Like your youth?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

the ending of kobayashi cemented it as maybe my favorite kyoani show ever made...

It's hard for me to order the best KyoAni shows, but I'd definitely say MaiDragon is at least flirting with the Haruhi/Hyouka/Eupho tier for me. Probably ahead of K-On.

Yasuhiro Takemoto is an Extremely Good Director.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 6, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

GorfZaplen posted:

Yeah, KyoAni has really lost their touch

💩

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Memories live forever.

Kobayashi to Tohru's father: I've seen things you wouldn't believe...

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

I watched C-beams... glitter in the dark near the Tannhouser Gate.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
All those moments will be lost

like tears

in rain

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Grouchio posted:

I wish I could remember half of the fun things I've done, especially the ones that don't stand out.
And wouldn't you forever feel like some precious part of you is missing afterwards? Like your youth?

Dragons in that show seem to be creatures with eidetic memory. I mean, Ano (or whoever) learns professional coding inside what, two months?

I imagine Tohru might feel sadness when she remembers Kobayashi dying of old age (or however their future might end), but she'll remember the rest with joy.
Kobayashi is clearly the best thing to ever happen to her, and not just because she pulled a sword out of Tohru after a drunken bender.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DisDisDis posted:

All those moments will be lost

like tears

in rain

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dragonfire can't melt steel beams.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Dragonfire can't melt steel beams.

On the other hand, nobody Kanna stop it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's lum, chum

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/6365/Nendoroid+Lum.html

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

i like the texture they used on the eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway i liked the dragonmaid finale but the part with tohru talking to herself to explain her obvious dilemma was really overdone and it was weird that they kept cutting to the other dragons when they did nothing in the finale.

• Locked thread