Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...c1e386f35116e7c

foxsports posted:

Mitchell Moses asks Wests Tigers for immediate release to join Parramatta Eels — The Mail

April 5, 2017 5:17pm
James Hooper

YOUNG gun Mitchell Moses has knocked back a $3 million three-year offer to remain at Wests Tigers and is asking for an immediate release to switch to the Parramatta Eels.

Two days after new coach Ivan Cleary told the Tigers players they needed to make a decision about whether they wanted to be on the team bus or not, the club is now faced with a tough decision.

Moses is set to switch to the Eels next season.

Do the Tigers dig their heels in and make him play out the rest of the season? Or do they let him join the Eels immediately because there’s no point having a player at your club who doesn’t want to be there?

The decision is NOT about money.

If it was then the local junior would be staying at Concord.

The Eels have convinced Moses the best thing for his football development is to link with a strong pack of forwards with dynamic edge backrowers.

Beau Scott makes a drat good body guard. So too Manu Mau.

Given the basket case the Tigers have been for the past 18 months, can you blame him?

It’s a live hand grenade for new coach Ivan Cleary and CEO Justin Pascoe.

If Moses is granted the release he’s asking for, it could mean the local junior lines up against the Tigers in the Easter Monday blockbuster at ANZ Stadium in round seven.

From a Parramatta Eels point of view, it’s a huge coup.

They’re guaranteed to get Moses for next year and beyond but if they can lure him west for the rest of this season then they’re a genuine chance of competing for the premiership.

If it happens this season, look for Moses to play halfback and Corey Norman to return to playing five-eighth.

Clint Gutherson is so versatile he can play anywhere in the Eels backline.

THE NRL player transfer market is about to explode with big-name players trading clubs.

Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor’s sacking and Cooper Cronk’s shock announcement about leaving the Storm have triggered a domino effect that could have implications for so many clubs.

For starters, the Wests Tigers look like they’re only going to retain one of the four favourite son local juniors who’ve created so many headlines over the last six months.

Ben Ikin, Nathan Ryan and Ben Glover are joined by Storm football manager Frank Ponissi to discuss the bombshell Cooper Cronk news and what it means for the club.

You can also subscribe via iTunes or for Android users, listen on the iPP Podcast Player app.

Halfback Luke Brooks has agreed to a two-year deal worth $1.5 million.

That’s currently in a 10-day cooling off period.

Given the basket case that is the Tigers front office, there is no guarantee Brooks won’t change his mind.

Captain Aaron Woods appears set to accept a huge offer to join Des Hasler at Canterbury on a four-year deal, with the Bulldogs also making a play for James Tedesco.

The smoky for Tedesco’s services is the Sydney Roosters, who up until now have said they won’t be chasing the NSW Origin fullback due to a falling-out between chairman Nick Politis and Tedesco’s agent, Isaac Moses.

Tedesco enjoys a strong rapport with Roosters legend Anthony Minichiello. Over the course of the last fortnight, the Tricolours have become a serious player.

What powerful Roosters chairman Politis wants, he normally gets.

Forget all the speculation over the course of the last six months, the Tigers only formally tabled all four players their latest official offers last Friday.

Woods has been offered a four-year deal while Tedesco’s deal is for the same term worth $4.5 million.

It’s a two-year deal with a two-year option in Tedesco’s favour.

With the Tigers trio looking more like leaving than staying at Concord, the move will trigger a flurry of other activity.

It will mean Ivan Cleary has a huge cheque book to enter the open market.

Cooper Cronk’s departure from Melbourne will free up close to $1 million, while Billy Slater’s future could also mean the Storm are cashed-up with as much as $2 million.

Dragons pair Josh Dugan and Gareth Widdop are guaranteed to attract plenty of interest depending on where the other cards fall.

If the Tigers lose Tedesco and Moses, do they make a play? The latest moves have sent phones buzzing all over the NRL.

Just once it would be nice for a contract to mean something. Same as it always was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I for one would tell him he's loving playing for us until we get a replacement.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Not for the first time, the Tigers have ended my week of not having a drink. Cheers!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Celebrating locking up the 'Big 1' Luke Brooks :cheers:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

"Locking up"

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Jason Taylor throwing some shade on Fox atm :munch:

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

iajanus posted:

We'll trade you Jeff Robson?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

Yep. Unless the Eels offer cash to the Tigers for an early release, they can wait.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tigers need a full organisation clean out

Moses and Norman would be a good combination behind the forward pack the Eels have

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jono C posted:

Yep. Unless the Eels offer cash to the Tigers for an early release, they can wait.

Hopefully he's got some kind of get-out clause following Taylor's dismissal.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

There's like zero incentive for the Tigers to grant his request until we have back up - we're already coming last, and if the guy intentionally plays like poo poo he can enjoy the rest of the year in reserve grade.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd give him the release or drop him to reserve grade since he doesn't want to play for the club, the Knights have the same policy

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm more sadistic and want to see the crowd and teammate's reaction to him each week.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

I'm more sadistic and want to see the crowd and teammate's reaction to him each week.

I imagine that'd b reserve grade, I can't see any reason Cleary would bother playing him especially since word is this was all triggered by Cleary slashing the tabled offer from $1mil per year to $700k.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Saul Goode posted:

Hopefully he's got some kind of get-out clause following Taylor's dismissal.

I'd be worried about the mental state of any player that requested such a clause with Taylor as their head coach.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Wests Tigers would like to clarify media reports this afternoon around the contract status of Mitchell Moses.

Due to the current uncertainty surrounding the salary cap for 2018 and beyond the Club has decided to prioritise the re-signings of Captain Aaron Woods and James Tedesco.

As a result the current contract offer that was with Moses’ management was taken off the table by Wests Tigers.

After being made aware of this decision Moses’ management requested an immediate release from the remainder of Moses’ current contract; this request was denied by Wests Tigers.

This decision was purely made due to the current uncertainty surrounding the salary cap, with the Club not willing to put itself in a risky position for 2018 and beyond.

The Club informed Moses’ management that it would be willing to revisit negotiations once the 2018 salary cap figure was confirmed.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

bros before hoes, coops.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Story on concussion in NRL games on the 730 report now.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Defensive master-class so far in this game

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

This is a cool and fun game especially considering I hate both clubs.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

This is a cool and fun game especially considering I hate both clubs.

Ditto. Very fun game, nice and fast paced.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

That forward pass call was one of the worst I've seen, lucky it didn't influence the result

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
What on earth are the dogs doing with going 10m line dropouts

Wow, the knights might actually do this.

Edit: if the video ref overturns this

Edit 2 oh gently caress off you oval office

aejix fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 7, 2017

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I thought that was a try. Rough call.

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Looked a try to me, that.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I disagree, I think he lost control of it coming down and there was separation.

Tough luck though, knights were coming home very strong at that point. Dogs looked completely bereft of ideas.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I wasn't angered by the call and I own Mata'utia in fantasy :shrug:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We are definitely improving, hoping we get out second win soon, happy to see the boys put effort in

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone got the shits

http://bestbonusbets.com/jack-wighton-worst-fullback-game/

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Well done, Bunker! :downsbravo:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

Well done, Bunker! :downsbravo:

what did they gently caress up this time

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

what did they gently caress up this time

Widdop scored a try because on the first play the ball after a kick there was no dummy half in sight, so he cruised around from marker, picked the ball up and scored. On replay it was clear that the dummy half was supposed to be DCE, who wasn't there because Nightingale had pushed him out of the way. The referee sent it up to the Bunker, who decided that Widdop was onside and didn't bother checking the obvious intereference by Nightingale.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Weird im very happy with wighton right now. Yeah he is going to get pressure from cotric if cotric hits his potential (cotric has played only a handful of games though so lets slow the roll) but wighton has been really good since "that" pass

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

Widdop scored a try because on the first play the ball after a kick there was no dummy half in sight, so he cruised around from marker, picked the ball up and scored. On replay it was clear that the dummy half was supposed to be DCE, who wasn't there because Nightingale had pushed him out of the way. The referee sent it up to the Bunker, who decided that Widdop was onside and didn't bother checking the obvious intereference by Nightingale.

OK, reading the NRL's preliminary explanation of that one seems to be saying that because the interference happened before the play-the-ball it wasn't within the scope of the video ref to rule on it.

Which opens up a whole new can of worms.... although I guess it's consistent with the rule they have that the video ref can only rule on the scoring play itself, which presumably is defined as starting with the play-the-ball.

Still loving gutting, though.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I don't really have an issue with it anyway, Cherry-Evans was the one who chose to get tangled up with Nightingale then stood around acting like a tough guy rather than get into dummy half.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Its going to sound silly to say this because we won 42-16 but i thought we played shithouse. Constantly took the wrong option.

We won that game because the raiders have a lot of players who can score a try out of nothing and the titans are a reserve grade side right now

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

What the gently caress is going on?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The Tigers have played decently in the first half hour of every game this year before going off a cliff.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Big JT is a cheat player. Even more so than small JT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Still plenty of time to gently caress it up.

• Locked thread