Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Truga posted:

lol if you think your computer is smart enough to not sync all your newly encrypted files as soon as they're changed

Heh...Time to reveal the ace up my sleeve: none of my files are worth keeping :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah, that's my security practice too :3:

(all the files I actually need for work are on 4 different machines and I don't use cloud sync things so I think I'm safe for now)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i hope grouchio appreciates the five minutes i spent looking through bad AMVs to find that airstrike clip

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Droyer posted:

oh no what if grouchio wasn't here with his amazing posts :geno:
Listen, bucko: Not everyone can have a rad gimmick like you, okay? It's hard, man. I know that my Anime Dadness has an expiration date, but robots? Robots are timeless. I mean, hell, you still talk about Patlabor, Giant Robo, Votoms and Vifam. Vifam was 33 years ago! Vifam is older than both you and me (lalara-lalaa ♫). What do I do, huh? What is it? Talk about Sweetness and Lightning! You butt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVMFzfpJL_4

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Anime_girl_with_interrogation_marks_over_head.jpg

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Anime_girl_with_interrogation_marks_over_head.jpg

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Why is he inside the game being bombed? What happened to Yu-Gi-Oh in the last 20 years???

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 7, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Greliz/status/850143056447893504

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Why is in inside the game being bombed? What happened to Yu-Gi-Oh in the last 20 years???

technically this is on form for yugioh, which originally was about a boy possessed by a Pharaoh playing games to kill and torture people.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Perfection.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it was also a series where Kaiba is so shaken after losing a card game he decides to construct a multi-attraction theme park designed to kill Yugi and his friends. notable park employees include multiple spec ops soldiers and a serial killer.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon-Lime posted:

Why is in inside the game being bombed? What happened to Yu-Gi-Oh in the last 20 years???
You think this was a joke?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

dogsicle posted:

technically this is on form for yugioh, which originally was about a boy possessed by a Pharaoh playing games to kill and torture people.

I remember reading the manga and feeling bad for Kaiba since The Pharaoh tortured him into insanity for petty theft which he only committed after offering to pay legitimately.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ahhh why would you use papyrus for your scanlation!!?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

Nyeh heh heh

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Nyeh heh heh

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

they learned it from watching avatar

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The only people who will notice are people who are fun to annoy :v:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

AnoHito posted:

I remember reading the manga and feeling bad for Kaiba since The Pharaoh tortured him into insanity for petty theft which he only committed after offering to pay legitimately.

So that's why squark likes yugioh

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

El Burbo posted:

Nyeh heh heh

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like this one. Especially the pose, which suggest "I'm this close to getting drunk as gently caress" but also has a hint of playful malice, like she wants to get into a serious scrap. :getin:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Got tickets to see Your Name tomorrow. It's in way more theaters than I thought it would be, so that's cool.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

Got tickets to see Your Name tomorrow. It's in way more theaters than I thought it would be, so that's cool.

It's good and I liked it a lot. It's also loving gorgeous.

Also, when I watched it, I realised that all the peaceful country scenes with sweeping vistas were making me nervous and on edge, and all the shots of Tokyo with big crowds were relaxing to me, which is when I realised I never want to live outside of cities again in my life.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I found raws for the best gaming manga

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

holy poo poo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

picked up

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

but not really

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MilesExpress999/status/850427111567278080

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Aqua getting pooped on for being a terrible person is always hilarious.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

that shits unsanitary. get out of here punk

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I found raws for the best gaming manga

I'm 90% sure Heybot has referenced this multiple times, but somehow not in either ep that had to do with video games

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Free the post

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

I'm 90% sure Heybot has referenced this multiple times, but somehow not in either ep that had to do with video games

It's incredible, for an entire volume it's just people playing Space Invaders in increasingly absurd ways. In the third chapter the main character goes to a top secret video game lab where they're developing a 3d vr Space Invaders. It's so tough he has to enter a meditative trance to beat it

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I missed the your name screenings here but I'm going to see A Silent Voice on Sunday so that's pretty good I think

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Your Name was great. I think that was the first time my brother watched a movie with subtitles, though.

Good soundtrack, too.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

El Burbo posted:

picked up
Is there more to the character than that, or is that basically their character

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
What even is that anyway

Adbot