Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

So you're just sleeping on the most powerful meditation and breathing exercises ever? Sell that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The only competition where weed gives an advantage is an Oreo eating contest. -source: myself, a world class expert in ripping bowls

Man my original reply to INRI was just to say I strongly disagree that if a fighter fails an in competition drug test it means they had actual intent to cheat using marijuana. In reality they are just potheads who smoke everyday no matter what.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Bundt Cake posted:

Womens tits and pussies need to be checked for bigness for safety reasons nothing to do with sex

But what if one exploded like Leslie Smith's ear? Or a Michael Bay gif??

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
What i dont get is if weed doesnt do anything beneficial then why pay for it and smoke it every day? If it doesnt benefit you then you could probably take a day off of smoking it once every 3 or 4 months for a fight

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

manyak posted:

What i dont get is if weed doesnt do anything beneficial then why pay for it and smoke it every day? If it doesnt benefit you then you could probably take a day off of smoking it once every 3 or 4 months for a fight

🤔

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

It's beneficial in that it helps nausea, appetite and is like roids for video games

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

manyak posted:

It gets you high so video games are more immersive and food tastes better. And I don't get a hangover like I do when I get shitfaced drunk.

I've smoked pot for 15 years and I have no idea how it could help with sports. It slows your reflexes and impairs your coordination, so I would think that would immediately negate any benefits you might perceive from it. Speaking from personal experience I'd rather be sober if I knew I was going to get into a fight, but whatever.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

CommonShore posted:

You sound like the Russian apologists for melodium.

It's not a performance enhancing drug. It's just a drug, which I take, to enhance my performance.

It's weed, c'mon man

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Iirc the nba does not test for weed, and the nfl is getting pretty close to straight up allowing it.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Pearnicious posted:

It gets you high so video games are more immersive and food tastes better. And I don't get a hangover like I do when I get shitfaced drunk.

I've smoked pot for 15 years and I have no idea how it could help with sports. It slows your reflexes and impairs your coordination, so I would think that would immediately negate any benefits you might perceive from it. Speaking from personal experience I'd rather be sober if I knew I was going to get into a fight, but whatever.

It can make jiu jitsu more fun.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

manyak posted:

I don't know, why do some people drink a few beers after work? Pretty sure that's allowed.

Elemennop
Dec 29, 2004

only the martyrs have their identities remembered. please remember me, i beg you!

Dangersim posted:

I don't know, why do some people drink a few beers after work? Pretty sure that's allowed.

What's not allowed is to drink before you get in the cage, so I'm not sure how this relevant.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Elemennop posted:

What's not allowed is to drink before you get in the cage, so I'm not sure how this relevant.

Do they use a breathalyzer on fighters before/after their fight is over

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Google Butt posted:

Do they use a breathalyzer on fighters before/after their fight is over

They do what is called a drug test, and test for drugs.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Can you pop a few xanbars before a fight?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Is James Irvin still alive

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Pearnicious posted:

Performance-enhancement: A common perception of marijuana is that its use impairs physical activity, including exercise performance. While the effects of marijuana can decrease hand-eye coordination and distort spatial perception, there are other effects that can be performance enhancing for some athletes and sport disciplines. Cannabis can cause muscle relaxation and reduce pain during post-workout recovery. It can also decrease anxiety and tension, resulting in better sport performance under pressure. In addition, cannabis can increase focus and risk-taking behaviors, allowing athletes to forget bad falls or previous trauma in sport, and push themselves past those fears in competition.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

they don't want people engaged in physical combat that could seriously damage their health while inebriated. also you are loving retarded

Speaking of, ethanol is not on the In Competition prohibited list. Pretty sure you can down a few shots like Wolverine would.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Per Helwani, the NYSAC has caved in, and the strawweight bout is back on.

The fighter provided them with medical documentation and notes from a doctor or something saying its OK for her to fight and NY said fine since the UFC was making it clear to them that they were unhappy with the situation.

edit:

https://twitter.com/LaMonicaMark/status/850437325662375936

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

All I know is that Dada 5000 is the greatest MMA fighter ever and possibly the greatest athlete in history. Narrowly survived his encounter with a roided out Kimbo Slice to maintain his undefeated professional record.

P4P MMA GOAT

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This is a great victory for big fake boobs

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/850438172383358976

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Now that you can legally fight with great big giant honkers again let's get back to figuring out why anyone would smoke weed.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

:lol: Never change, Dana

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/850435098411401216

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Now that you can legally fight with great big giant honkers again let's get back to figuring out why anyone would smoke weed.

The point of that post was that i know why someone would smoke weed immediately before a fight and it doesnt have anything to do with making Video Games more fun

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Let's get stoned and debate the potential performance enhancing effects of breast implants.

:350:

So, do you think silicone implants provide any impact resistance or act as shock absorbers for the thoracic cavity? Wonder if that would offset how much it must suck to get kicked/kneed in the boobs... As a guy I can't relate, but I've heard it compared to getting kicked in the balls. Thoughts?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Work Friend Keven posted:

We've had heavyweight fights since the first UFC.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
The big tits girl is probably mortified

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
The whole thing probably sold another 10k PPVs.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

manyak posted:

Performance-enhancement: A common perception of marijuana is that its use impairs physical activity, including exercise performance. While the effects of marijuana can decrease hand-eye coordination and distort spatial perception, there are other effects that can be performance enhancing for some athletes and sport disciplines. Cannabis can cause muscle relaxation and reduce pain during post-workout recovery. It can also decrease anxiety and tension, resulting in better sport performance under pressure. In addition, cannabis can increase focus and risk-taking behaviors, allowing athletes to forget bad falls or previous trauma in sport, and push themselves past those fears in competition.

Written and quoted by someone who knows nothing about marijuana.

Fact is, this plant has been illegal for so long there is virtually no actual scientific data or research done on it whatsoever. Until then anecdotal evidence is all we have and the users of the drug state it makes them lazy, hungry and drive super slow. People who don't use it are saying you could be so numbed out that punches don't hurt, while ignoring the fact that it would cause you to get punched a lot more in the first place.

Also smoking in any scenario other than my or a friends couch greatly increases anxiety, for me. Why smoke all the time then? For the vast majority it's out of boredom. Smoking weed makes doing nothing feel like you are actually doing a lot.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

This is a great victory for big fake boobs

:patriot:

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Getting high right before combat would be about as useful as wearing sunglasses during the fight.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

tesilential posted:

Getting high right before combat would be about as useful as wearing sunglasses during the fight.

If you were fighting Jon Jones the sunglasses would protect you from vicious eye-pokes.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Pearnicious posted:

Same reason as xanax. it lowers anxiety. Why is that so hard for you to understand.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

tesilential posted:

Wow it sounds really bad. Wonder why these idiots do it

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Weed smoking goons who don't do sports think weed is not a performance enhancer because they don't want to do sports when they're stoned. Hmmm makes sense

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Nierbo posted:

Same reason as xanax. it lowers anxiety. Why is that so hard for you to understand.

As someone who has both smoked marijuana and taken Xanax recreationally, I wouldn't want to do either before strenuous physical activity, much less getting into a fight.

Alcohol lowers anxiety too, but I can't imagine many people think being plastered will be much use in a fight. Sure, you might not feel the punches, but you're not going to land any of your own. How many videos of drunken idiots have you seen where they're just flailing around and get completely destroyed by the sober person they're picking a fight with?

Why would I want to be intoxicated immediately before I need to be at my peak physical condition for a fight?

I can ask you the same question: Why is that so hard for you to understand?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Jerome Louis posted:

Weed smoking goons who don't do sports think weed is not a performance enhancer because they don't want to do sports when they're stoned. Hmmm makes sense

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Legalize all recreational drugs in competition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Jerome Louis posted:

Okay? Just invert the quote and it sounds just as ignorant:

"Sports goons who don't smoke weed think it's a performance enhancer because they don't want to smoke weed when they do sports. Hmmm makes sense."

I mean, we can do this all day, but the fact is that there isn't enough data to make an informed decision.

• Locked thread