Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Yeah, its' fun as heck. Sully picked up Ward Cavalry from Eliwood in mine, and Eldigan's probably going to get cut once Xander's hero battle comes out, because dat Siegfried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

I have 9 successful defenses this week after making Selena my god-savior and leader, thank you Ostentatious for your Hana-inspiration

:dance:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I just realized I promoted my +Spd/-Def Kagero instead of my +Atk/-Spd one to 5 Stars. How badly did I gently caress up? If I plan on giving her death blow anyway and using her with an Eirika and Nino, does that 3 less Atk really matter?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I just realized I promoted my +Spd/-Def Kagero instead of my +Atk/-Spd one to 5 Stars. How badly did I gently caress up? If I plan on giving her death blow anyway and using her with an Eirika and Nino, does that 3 less Atk really matter?

You probably promoted the better Kagero tbh

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

+Spd, run Desperation, it won't matter how much ATK you do because you'll one-shot everything.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I thought someone in the thread said that her speed is too low for her to reliably double a lot of stuff even with a +Spd nature?

The plan was Death Blow, Desperation, Moon Bow, and I don't know what for a C slot since thats already a lot of SP to grind

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I wish my Lyn had better IVs but they're pretty neutral so it's whatever I guess. Still gonna be a pain getting enough SP for Brash Assault 2 and 3.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I thought someone in the thread said that her speed is too low for her to reliably double a lot of stuff even with a +Spd nature?

The plan was Death Blow, Desperation, Moon Bow, and I don't know what for a C slot since thats already a lot of SP to grind

35 Speed at 5 Stars is fairly speedy. If all else fails you can always run Close Counter and Vantage if you don't want to run Life and Death or Fury.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Philip Rivers posted:

I wish my Lyn had better IVs but they're pretty neutral so it's whatever I guess. Still gonna be a pain getting enough SP for Brash Assault 2 and 3.

Welcome to the "Bought Galeforce and regretting it" club, friend

E: And then after that it's off to get Moonbow so Hector doesn't beat her

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Galeforce actually goes with Brash Assault but yeah I'd rather have Brash Assault 3 than Galeforce.

Also I really wanna try to make Galeforce Lyn work one of these days. Guaranteed Sol Katti doubles seems like a good way to trigger it.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

I regretted it the moment I got to level 40 like a month ago and couldn't afford all her skills while I had this useless galeforce rotting on the side since astra was actually better

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Drafting out Operation: Jagenmeister

Thinking of giving Jagen Distant Counter, Vantage 3, and Threaten Def 3 to pair with his Silver Lance. I figure instead of throwing a Brave Lance on him and damaging his mediocre attack I could instead give him the heaviest loving thing possible and play to his strengths as someone who can kill every Mage with his quite frankly excellent Resilience. Optimal IVs being +ATK, -HP or +ATK, -SPD. Also replacing Aegis with Moonbow.

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 10, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

Drafting out Operation: Jagenmeister

Thinking of giving Jagen Distant Counter, Vantage 3, and Threaten Def 3 to pair with his Silver Lance. I figure instead of throwing a Brave Lance on him and damaging his mediocre attack I could instead give him the heaviest loving thing possible and play to his strengths as someone who can kill every Mage with his quite frankly excellent Resilience. Optimal IVs being +ATK, -HP or +ATK, -SPD.

Who mulches a Hector for Jagen?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Andrast posted:

Who mulches a Hector for Jagen?

I do :sun:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

I have 9 successful defenses this week after making Selena my god-savior and leader, thank you Ostentatious for your Hana-inspiration

Defenses are weird. 2 weeks ago I had like 8, last week I didn't get any until the last minute when I got 2, this week I've gotten at least 10(I remember someone in here saying that you only see 10 defenses are max). My comp didn't change and I don't think I taught any of those units any new skills since 2 weeks ago.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

That was me. I still stand by it, sort this by speed. I mean how many people do you actually pick up as kills with a double at 35 speed? Arthur and YTiki, maybe MRobin depending on build? Keep in mind that if it has less than 27 speed you were going to double it already without a nature helping you. Moreover if you look at what you actually face in the arena you'll find that you need 40 speed to start getting a decent number of doubles at the high end. It's better to focus on attack with Kagero, especially since it often pays off more vs the units she's targeting.

wind, my wings, ect.

Tiger Shark
Oct 2, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

Could you share what you did to your Selena? Curious to see what I could do to make her good.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Tiger Shark posted:

Could you share what you did to your Selena? Curious to see what I could do to make her good.

She's +Spd -HP, Fury, Vantage, Threaten Speed, Bonfire

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Elyv posted:

Defenses are weird. 2 weeks ago I had like 8, last week I didn't get any until the last minute when I got 2, this week I've gotten at least 10(I remember someone in here saying that you only see 10 defenses are max). My comp didn't change and I don't think I taught any of those units any new skills since 2 weeks ago.

I finally got a single defense yesterday. I might start getting more because Ninian finally picked up Wings of Mercy.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

I just encountered a fully kitted-out 5* Nino in the arena who was -DEF and had Bonfire. :confused:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ostentatious posted:

+Spd, run Desperation, it won't matter how much ATK you do because you'll one-shot everything.

Unless it's mounted or armored and frankly I'd rather give her some breaker skill. Or maybe Quick Riposte.
Unless you're also willing to give her Darting Blow.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Vantage Bonfire Hector is not ok and not even my Lyn can beat that right now

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Just let him attack you

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Just let him attack you

She leaves him with 3-5 hp and then he deals out ~37 on anybody

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

selena onerounds him, on offense or defense :madmax:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

TheKingofSprings posted:

She leaves him with 3-5 hp and then he deals out ~37 on anybody
Sounds like you left your Lyn at too low of HP going into the final Hector show down. There's a few ways around this but it does suck when you have none of them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Sounds like you left your Lyn at too low of HP going into the final Hector show down. There's a few ways around this but it does suck when you have none of them.

Bonfire Hector will oneshot Lyn from full, so uh

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh yeah, you are hosed then, hah. Maybe I take vantage on my Ryoma for granted when it comes Hector cause it has bailed me out of this situation once. It's a rare one thankfully.

Man I never realized how bad Lyn's attack is until now.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Oh yeah, you are hosed then, hah. Maybe I take vantage on my Ryoma for granted when it comes Hector cause it has bailed me out of this situation once. It's a rare one thankfully.

Man I never realized how bad Lyn's attack is until now.

Mine's +Atk -Def so she still hits well enough and Fury combos really well with Brash Assault and her Sol Katti.

E: Once I get a Moonbow skill on her even the best Hector shouldn't be much of a problem, that should one round him with a Hone on her.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I just leave Hector for last and let him suicide into TikiY :smug:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
My YTiki is -Atk so there's no redeeming her :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's some big irony as I'm getting 2300 feathers for this round when last round I barely cracked 1300 while putting way more flags into the losing team.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

My YTiki is -Atk so there's no redeeming her :(

So is mine and she's still useful.

She's fast enough to not get doubled often, but not so fast that she can double many others, so the loss of atk isn't a big deal. Meanwhile she has good HP and her +DEF means she can take hits really well from almost anyone. I gave her Drag Back to lure fools to their deaths at the hands of the rest of the team.

Whenever I get some new shiny I consider kicking her off the team but she always ends up staying. She's just too useful.

UHD fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 10, 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Kyte posted:

Unless it's mounted or armored and frankly I'd rather give her some breaker skill. Or maybe Quick Riposte.
Unless you're also willing to give her Darting Blow.

Darting blow isnt the greatesr honestly on Kagero as it will likely not make a difference as to who she outspeeds. Breaker as well since the damage buff ultimately does not mattee that much on a hero who effectively already has a breaker ability.

That is why i prefer Desperation/Death Blow or Fury and Close Counter/Vantage.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I hit 4525 with high rolls on my Nino/Eirika/Azura/BChrom comp which puts me at around 8k on the ladder. Is there a way I push into top 5k without hitting whale territory? Replacing Azura with Effie is probably way too much and I don't wanna lose my dancer. I'll probably put Fury 2 on Eirika (no Hinatas but lots of Bartres) and see where that gets me.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
They're reworking it to be less star total focused so who knows

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Philip Rivers posted:

I hit 4525 with high rolls on my Nino/Eirika/Azura/BChrom comp which puts me at around 8k on the ladder. Is there a way I push into top 5k without hitting whale territory? Replacing Azura with Effie is probably way too much and I don't wanna lose my dancer. I'll probably put Fury 2 on Eirika (no Hinatas but lots of Bartres) and see where that gets me.

I've gotten top 5k last three weeks with Lucina/Effie/Sharena/Bonus (no fury skills) which puts me at 4544 score and haven't come across almost any whale teams.

This week I'm only rank 5862 with that score though. The gauntlet and the bunnies probably brought people back into the arena.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Andrast posted:

I've gotten top 5k last three weeks with Lucina/Effie/Sharena/Bonus (no fury skills) which puts me at 4544 score and haven't come across almost any whale teams.

This week I'm only rank 5862 with that score though. The gauntlet and the bunnies probably brought people back into the arena.

It just gets really tight when you get into the 4500+s. I'm 4560 this week and ranked 4373 atm, and it'll probably slide to about 4500 I'm guessing.

Kind of sucks when you think about it, had you surrendered a couple 648's and converted those into 656s you could get another 500 feathers!!!!! (I never do this, gently caress that)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Kind of sucks when you think about it, had you surrendered a couple 648's and converted those into 656s you could get another 500 feathers!!!!! (I never do this, gently caress that)

I never do that either. It's really not worth the effort for for 500 extra feathers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Why desperation on a glass cannon like kagero? She shouldn't be taking damage enough to use it right?