Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

How often does Humble Bundle have comic bundles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Dsmif posted:

bout 4 times a year much more if you consider warhammer comics or pathfinder comics worth reading

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Junkie Disease posted:

bout 4 times a year much more if you consider warhammer comics or pathfinder comics worth reading

Thanks. Do they ever have any Marvel/DC?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dsmif posted:

I don't remember any but I could be wrong.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I don't remember any either.

Humble bundle always has a book bundle going on these days and a fair amount of them are comic bundles. They can be repetitive though. At least twice I've held off on getting a bundle because I already had most of it from a previous one.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Dsmif posted:

No. Nearly everything Humble Bundle does anything, it's DRM free and for the comics/books, they just give PDFs. Good luck getting the Big Two on board.

Though they do Nintendo download bundles, so I can see a comiXology-based solution in the future...

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Casyl posted:

I don't remember any either.

Humble bundle always has a book bundle going on these days and a fair amount of them are comic bundles. They can be repetitive though. At least twice I've held off on getting a bundle because I already had most of it from a previous one.

Yep.

I've gotten tons of Image comics through Humble Bundle.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Maybe a weird question - back around 1990 or so, Valiant paired with Nintendo to do some comics, including a Legend of Zelda one. I remember having one issue as a wee lad, and I remember liking it a lot. Are these available digitally anywhere? My Google fu hasn't yielded anything.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Uthor posted:

No. Nearly everything Humble Bundle does anything, it's DRM free and for the comics/books, they just give PDFs. Good luck getting the Big Two on board.

Though they do Nintendo download bundles, so I can see a comiXology-based solution in the future...

Thanks, I was hoping for a legal way to get Big Two comics DRM free, but I guess that may never happen.

I've switched from an iPad pro to a surface pro 4 and I love it but with no Comixololgy/Darkhorse apps, I have to read DRM free comics only.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Yeah, comiXology on the web is your consolation prize if you're a Windows user.

Which is probably for the best as the Windows 10 app sucked rear end.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I decided to get Mage 1 and 2 as well.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

Dsmif posted:

In the past year or so I have grabbed:
IDW
Dark Horse
Buffy (Dark Horse)
Indie comics
Banned Comics
IDW

But would probably hold off on next Image/IDW as a fair chunk was repeated. So if comics outside the big 2 are your bag then cool.
I think I skipped over a TMNT one, pathfinder, warhammer etc. There were also a couple by some I wasn't a huge fan off, The Boys maybe?

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Uthor posted:

Yeah, comiXology on the web is your consolation prize if you're a Windows user.

Which is probably for the best as the Windows 10 app sucked rear end.

Yeah the app was poo poo but the web reader isn't much better, I guess I wont be buying DC/Marvel for a while.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
On my Windows 10 tablet I set up a shortcut that opens the Comixology app within an Android emulator. Works fine. Still HD and still readable offline. :shrug:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Space Fish posted:

Adventures of Superhero Girl is an absolute steal for $2 and everyone should read it. Lighthearted Canadian superhero with some personal problems (gets close to real, but nowhere near somber).

I'm reading this now and can confirm it's good.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Alehkhs posted:

On my Windows 10 tablet I set up a shortcut that opens the Comixology app within an Android emulator. Works fine. Still HD and still readable offline. :shrug:

What android emulator do you use?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Dsmif posted:

What android emulator do you use?

I've got the shortcut for the Comixology app for Android set up through AMIDuOS.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

What should i get thats cheap and good on Comixology?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Junkie Disease posted:

Looks like this is still good:

Alehkhs posted:

Coinciding with today's trailer, the first volume of Valerian is currently free on Comixology and Kindle.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Alehkhs posted:

I've got the shortcut for the Comixology app for Android set up through AMIDuOS.

Thanks I'll give this a go.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Junkie Disease posted:

Superman and Detective Comics from the DC Rebirth sale.
Animosity from the Aftershock sale.
New Mutants collections with Sienkiewicz art.
I haven't read them but Ghost in the Shell manga is still cheap in time with the new movie.

edit: And basically all of Image, atm.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Apr 3, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/New-X-Men-New-Mutants-Sale/page/14570?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
New X-Men, New Mutants and Deadpool.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

New X-Men is a must-buy, I'm afraid.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/iZombie-Sale/page/14580?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

https://www.comixology.com/Moon-Knight-Collections-Sale/page/14588?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Collections from all(?) eras. Also first collections from the latest Daredevil, Elektra, The Punisher, Power Man and Iron Fist series and a Jessica Jones related collection.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How's the iZombie book? Didn't the original writer get kicked off towards the end?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

How's the iZombie book? Didn't the original writer get kicked off towards the end?

The art is glorious, because it's Mike Allred. But it's a very mediocre book that the TV show wisely ignored almost everything from. As far as I know, Chris Roberson stayed on as writer the entire time, but it's very different from the show, dealing with vampires, ghosts, were-animals, and a secret society of monster hunters, as well as zombies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The art is glorious, because it's Mike Allred. But it's a very mediocre book that the TV show wisely ignored almost everything from. As far as I know, Chris Roberson stayed on as writer the entire time, but it's very different from the show, dealing with vampires, ghosts, were-animals, and a secret society of monster hunters, as well as zombies.

It also ended before it wanted too since the last arc felt rushed as gently caress and it seemed that I missed a lot of set up.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
The Moench and Huston Moon Knight runs are good, aren't they?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Schneider Heim posted:

The Moench and Huston Moon Knight runs are good, aren't they?

The "Moench" ones aren't exclusively Moench but they are good, yep. Currently going through them now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

It also ended before it wanted too since the last arc felt rushed as gently caress and it seemed that I missed a lot of set up.

Yeah, there was some conflict with DC and Roberson, but he didn't get kicked off the book. He DID get kicked off the Fables book he was doing, I believe.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

America #1 is free through April 9th.
https://www.comixology.com/America-2017-1/digital-comic/471023

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=16467&lang=1

Anything decent from the Mark Guggenheim sale? I have not heard good things about him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Schneider Heim posted:

Anything decent from the Mark Guggenheim sale? I have not heard good things about him.

I like the Agents of SHIELD series and the Squadron Sinister tie-in for Secret Wars. But I've not read a lot of the X-Men stuff. Too bad it doesn't have some of his other work in the sale. I love Halcyon which was a mini series he wrote for Image.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Schneider Heim posted:

Avoid the blade book. It is garbage.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Squirrel Girl Beats Up the Marvel Universe is $4 on Kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...b32ab6720a00d76

Edit: buying it on Amazon adds it to your comiXology library.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 9, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

I like the Agents of SHIELD series and the Squadron Sinister tie-in for Secret Wars. But I've not read a lot of the X-Men stuff. Too bad it doesn't have some of his other work in the sale. I love Halcyon which was a mini series he wrote for Image.

Young X-Men was not good at all.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
So there's Rocketeer sale at Comixology. I love that movie. Are any of those comics any good?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I personally haven't read any of them, but the comics seem to be universally loved. I'd at least pick up the Complete Rocketeer collection.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The OG stuff is amazing if just for Stevens' art. The Adventures minis were fun anthologies with lots of big names contributing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

joehonkie posted:

So there's Rocketeer sale at Comixology. I love that movie. Are any of those comics any good?

Can't speak to the rest of them but Cargo of Doom is pretty good. I picked it up on a whim because it was written by Mark Waid and I wasn't disappointed.