Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I've finished Horizon (plat), Nioh, RE7, COD: IW, and, Nier: A since February, with 30 hours in Persona 5.

I think this is the most concentrated time I've spent gaming in years

I got my PS4 in late January and I sure never played on my Wii U or 3DS or PC with the same fervor. Despite sharing it (I bought it for my wife) and spending a lot of time on my job and socializing I've played through FFXV, The Last of Us, Horizon, three Uncharted games, I've clocked some time on Guilty Gear, and I'm about 30 hours into Persona. I don't even know what to play next, but I'm hoping P5 lasts me until Yakuza 0 or Nier:A sees a good discount or something else I'm interested in comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I bought persona 5 like an idiot in the middle of the night with my south park refund money and was not hating it as much as 4 golden but it crashed and lost all my 2nd palace progress plus lots of social stuff and there's no loving way I'm doing that again. I was already dreading like four more palaces after that.

Like it's ok but really more of a children's visual novel than a game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Did you just not save at all

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why would you buy 5 if you didnt like 4

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I make bad decisions ok. This is well established

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"Children's visual novel"?

At the very least it's YA

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I bought persona 5 like an idiot in the middle of the night with my south park refund money and was not hating it as much as 4 golden but it crashed and lost all my 2nd palace progress plus lots of social stuff and there's no loving way I'm doing that again. I was already dreading like four more palaces after that.

Were you really expecting to finish it anyway its like 100 hours long

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Any buzz on the PS4 Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf title? Last I heard at some point last year, it was just "coming along." Still looking foward to it.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
What's the Mario kart equivalent for PS4? Simple but incredibly fun and highly repayable

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ammanas posted:

What's the Mario kart equivalent for PS4? Simple but incredibly fun and highly repayable

Rocket League.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:staredog:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

If I had kids I probably wouldn't want them around anime to begin with, but I really wouldn't want them playing a visual novel where a teacher rapes a student in the very first arc.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I meant on a "quality of writing" level not the audience it's aimed at. The rape/suicide stuff is handled pretty poorly too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nah it's handled pretty descently.

Definitely better than most movies/shows.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Agreed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Persona is one of those games that in my more naive years I would have bought on the recommendation of goons alone, not stopping to realize "hey, there's nothing in this that I would personally find enjoyable or worthwhile to do."

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

persona 5 is really good but it is the definition of "not for everyone"

people that've never played a game like it before should def try it out if they're interested, but if you didn't like 3 or 4 then obviously you're not gonna like this one

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Any buzz on the PS4 Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf title? Last I heard at some point last year, it was just "coming along." Still looking foward to it.

Still "coming soon," which is what they've been saying since the console released.

Ammanas posted:

Yeah, Rocket League

CharlestheHammer posted:

ummmm

Yeah, it's fun when I get to play it and infilitrate palaces and what not, but 85% of my time with it so far has been mashing through endless dialog and being told to go to bed by a cat.

E: someone please tell me you get more control later.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Meldonox posted:

If I had kids I probably wouldn't want them around anime to begin with, but I really wouldn't want them playing a visual novel where a teacher rapes a student in the very first arc.

Attitude Indicator posted:

Still "coming soon," which is what they've been saying since the console released.

Well, I hope that means this summer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah, Rocket League

ummmm

Yeah, it's fun when I get to play it and infilitrate palaces and what not, but 85% of my time with it so far has been mashing through endless dialog and being told to go to bed by a cat.

What's wrong with what I said.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

exquisite tea posted:

Persona is one of those games that in my more naive years I would have bought on the recommendation of goons alone, not stopping to realize "hey, there's nothing in this that I would personally find enjoyable or worthwhile to do."

You are wiser than I. I keep seeing non-stop praise and think "there must be something I'm not getting" and yet there rarely is.

But then sometimes it becomes one of my fave games, like RS Siege, so then the cycle of going against my instincts continues.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Well, I hope that means this summer.

Same. Everybody's Golf rocks, but I'm skeptical of this new one. Why is it open world? when you're making golf games you've already given up on following any kind of trends anyway.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You are wiser than I. I keep seeing non-stop praise and think "there must be something I'm not getting" and yet there rarely is.

But then sometimes it becomes one of my fave games, like RS Siege, so then the cycle of going against my instincts continues.

I think if the concept of a game doesn't immediately grab me on a visceral level then it's just extremely unlikely I'll ever get more than a few hours into it. I think the last game I was iffy on that I ended up really enjoying was Mortal Kombat X, all the rest I could immediately tell if I would have a good time.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I will give P5 some kudos though, this boss character for the pedo was great: (character model spoilers I guess) http://i.imgur.com/UzaKgsR.jpg?1

Go ahead and ban me from your game Atlus I don't give a gently caress

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Today I realized that the PS4 home screen "music" is exactly the same kind of soft tones and chimes that play while you're getting a massage.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I thought I was done with JRPGs for the longest time, and Persona only even entered my radar because of the Giant Bomb P4 Endurance Run, which I watched the entirety of. I wasn't going to play 4 after that but I told myself I would give 5 a shot. Now I'm 30 hours in and enjoying it

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

I will give P5 some kudos though, this boss character for the pedo was great: (character model spoilers I guess) http://i.imgur.com/UzaKgsR.jpg?1

At least it's just the tip.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I fought that boss this afternoon and lolled when I saw him

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Re: hzd dlc plans, they called it an "expansion"

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Re: hzd dlc plans, they called it an "expansion"

Here's hoping all that influence they took from CDPR extends to how they treat their DLC.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ammanas posted:

They need to make Sonic Racing Allstate w/e for the ps4

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Just got a ps4 pro and really enjoying it.

I got persona 5 to start with (ps3 game, I know lol - not exactly pushing the hardware here) but have been trying the demos for games with ps4 pro abilities, like tomb raider etc. before I decide what games to pick up next. With the monitor I have it looks real purdy and motion-smooth.

Also been trying out Let It Die until I get Nioh or something. Which is a nice time-waster.

Oh and is there a megathread or private games server thread for goon friend adds? Also will be looking to check out threads for PS4 games that goons play together lots.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there was a thing someone made that automatically went down a big list and sent friend requests but i dont know if that is still up and working or whatever (also you probably dont actually want 300 random goons on your friends list tbh)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think it still works because I still get friend requests like "Goon friends list app!" in the comments.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have like 500 goon friend requests I have never looked at.

The most I have done with those friends is that shipping minigame in Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

Maybe when Knack 2 comes out

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

persona 5 is really good but it is the definition of "not for everyone"

people that've never played a game like it before should def try it out if they're interested, but if you didn't like 3 or 4 then obviously you're not gonna like this one

Eh, I didn't care for FES but I'm liking 5.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
For my first game aside from Persona 5 I'm looking for a game that will be the best value for rounding out the gameplay of my system. Especially if it has multiplayer.

Uncharted 4 looks like it has a lot of multiplayer content to dig into. But if there's anything else that would really round out my system you think would be a must-get I'm all ears.

I'm also looking at Nioh and Horizon Zero Dawn.

I won't be buying any FPS games though (because I'd rather play those with mouselook on my PC) and generally speaking, I'll only be getting the console exclusives. (With occasional exceptions, like if the PS4 version plays a lot better than the PC port, or if the PS4 community is way more active for that game. I am considering Nier Automata for example.)

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 11, 2017

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Same. Everybody's Golf rocks, but I'm skeptical of this new one. Why is it open world?

How could they make an open world golf game and not call it something like Par Infinity?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Motto posted:

Eh, I didn't care for FES but I'm liking 5.

tbh og p3 and fes not allowing you to control your party is big enough that even people that didn't like those games might still like p3p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Nioh has potentially hundreds of hours of playtime if you like developing your character, co-op etc.

It's a very meaty action RPG and the upcoming DLC just adds even more stuff