Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's the only weapon type I don't have a 5 star of so I think this might actually be true.

opening colorless orbs is a fool's game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Hey bby want my Gordin

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have two kleins and a takumi

I will pass on this banner unless the other banner is celica

Give me mae and catria

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's the only weapon type I don't have a 5 star of so I think this might actually be true.

Does that include all three colors of magic?

I'm still missing Swords(?!), Red Magic, Green Magic, and Daggers in 5*.

(Please take my axe blessing.)

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Important note: when you merge allies, you automatically gain all the skills the feed unit knew. I'm kind of annoyed about this because my feed Effie had a ton of SP and I could have given my base Effie Death Blow 3 and Noontime for free. I don't know if this works if you feed lower star units to higher star units but there ya go.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AweStriker posted:

Does that include all three colors of magic?

I'm still missing Swords(?!), Red Magic, Green Magic, and Daggers in 5*.

(Please take my axe blessing.)

Yeah. Mages of all 3 colors were my first 5 star units outside of a Sharena I promoted.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Yes, you can inherit skills up rarities when merging. This makes low star versions of good characters extremely useful now because you can level them, use that SP to learn skills onto them, and merge them into your base and pick up skills you want without a huge feather investment if you don't care as much about the +1. Definitely need to find a new Effie who's job it can be to learn Brave Lance+.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
So how does Hero Merit work exactly?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Well I thought I was gonna lose to a Vantage Hector on my last map and end my deathless run because my Nino couldn't one-shot him, but it turns out I'm a big dumb idiot and if I just let him attack him my Eirika (who's -Atk and hits for nothing) 3 times and don't initiate combat, he'll just slap his own dumb face to death. 4750 achieved! It was weird that I ran into zero hectors in my first run and like 5 in my final one, but I guess its a good thing because it probably gave me higher scores.

The weirdest team I fought tonight was a Olivia , Azura, Eirika, Kagero team. It doesn't even seen well suited to winning games, probably just a way to grief since chances are the Kagero will get danced into sniping one of your infantry and ruin your deathless streak before you just bulldoze their units on your turn. It didn't work, but I'm guessing that's the intention.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

You get some when you finish battles. When you get to 500, you get 500 feathers. You can do this up to four times with each unique hero. It says it all in the patch notes.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Tired Moritz posted:

It means don't mulch characters until you've milked 2000 feathers from them

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
With the arena changes I kinda want to bring one of my favs male Robin back but the idea of slapping both triangle adept and sword breaker on Robin just so he can do his job is a little bleh.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/851995425318084608

New special map today that gives Speed+1, Attack+1 and HP+3 seals.
Also, daily login orbs are starting up again for 17 days.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

What are some good skills to put on a +SPD/-DEF Marth? Or good things to put on a Marth in general, I guess?

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

BlackPersona posted:

What are some good skills to put on a +SPD/-DEF Marth? Or good things to put on a Marth in general, I guess?

I think standard-ish would be Fury 3 / Swordbreaker / Moonbow. C slot whatever buff you want, or maybe Threaten Speed.

Fury is pretty good on him because Falchion can heal the chip damage in a pinch.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Apparently some new skills also got datamined

Firesweep Bow+ Effective against fliers. Unit and enemies cannot use counterattacks.
Fortress Def 3 Grants Def+5. Inflicts Atk-3.
Hit and Run If unit initiates attack, unit advances 1 space after battle.
Windsweep 3 If unit initiates attack, no follow-up occurs. Against foe with sword, lance, axe, bow, or dagger, if unit’s Spd - foe’s Spd ≥ 1, foe can’t counterattack.
Bow Exp. 3 If unit survives, all bow users on team get 2x EXP. (If similar skill effects also used, only highest multiplier applies.)

Those no countering skills are pretty interesting

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Fortress Def for Azama please

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

How does Hit and Run work? The name sounds like it makes you take a step back which owns but the wording is confusing.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I sincerely hope Windsweep is A Slot

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It feels like a B-skill to me

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Windsweep and Hit and Run are both definitely B.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Ah yes, the only impossible quest in the game: "kill foes with Alphonse"

Also that is a lot of stuff in my reward box

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

These seal buffs seem really minor but I'm not turning down +1 speed or attack

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

cpaf posted:

Ah yes, the only impossible quest in the game: "kill foes with Alphonse"

Also that is a lot of stuff in my reward box

It's not hard, there's no level specified so you can just throw him into the first stratum a few times.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
So there's one of the 'defensive life & death' skills I wanted.

My cool team of Olivia, Alfonse, Ephraim (brave) and Felicia rose from 596-606 to the 660 range in advanced arena score. So now battles are actually remotely dangerous. Which is bad.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

These seal buffs seem really minor but I'm not turning down +1 speed or attack
I can see HP +3 helping out my -DEF Nino.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Well, got a +atk -def bunny camilla, rounding out my spring set. :toot:

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Well, the arena changes definitely made a difference. Got matched up against opponents in the high 600s and managed to improve my score to 4754. I'd imagine there is going to be a lot more competition in that range though, once people get in their runs.

Roger Explosion posted:

I can see HP +3 helping out my -DEF Nino.
I can definitely see it making a big difference on Nino. I've had a good amount of matches where I would have had an easy sweep if my Nino had one or two more HP so she could bait a buffed enemy.

Edit: Shadows of Valentia banner is dropping on the 14th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NSNGtmDV_U

Retcon fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 12, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

Well, the arena changes definitely made a difference. Got matched up against opponents in the high 600s and managed to improve my score to 4754. I'd imagine there is going to be a lot more competition in that range though, once people get in their runs.

The biggest problem right now seems to be that your final score is very dependent on luck. The score you get from a match can wary by like 20 even if you don't change your team at all.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Retcon posted:

I can definitely see it making a big difference on Nino. I've had a good amount of matches where I would have had an easy sweep if my Nino had one or two more HP so she could bait a buffed enemy.

Edit: Shadows of Valentia banner is dropping on the 14th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NSNGtmDV_U

aw yiss more SORDS.............

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Andrast posted:

The biggest problem right now seems to be that your final score is very dependent on luck. The score you get from a match can wary by like 20 even if you don't change your team at all.
Some variance is good so there is still room to improve after a deathless run (without changing your team), but it does suck when you lose out on a higher score simply because you were unlucky with the opponents you got.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

Just reroll your opponents if the score on offer is too low for you.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

Just reroll your opponents if the score on offer is too low for you.

That's stupid and that being necessary is a problem. Just give me the most difficult matchup my team score (or whatever it's called) allows. Don't make me jump through dumb hoops to do it.

What is even the point of being able to choose matchups of different difficulty if the hardest difficulty doesn't always give me that?

Andrast fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Apr 12, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

That's stupid and that being necessary is a problem. Just give me the most difficult matchup my team score (or whatever it's called) allows. Don't make me jump through dumb hoops to do it.

What is even the point of being able to choose matchups of different difficulty if the hardest difficulty doesn't always give me that?

Because you're being matched against real people's teams and not everyone's going to have the same min-maxed setup for you to play against. It's primarily a soft pvp mode, not a points grinding exercise.

The hardest fights didn't give you the most points before, and even though they've made a big leap in that direction it's probably not true now, either.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

Because you're being matched against real people's teams and not everyone's going to have the same min-maxed setup for you to play against.

Then their scoring/ranking system is poo poo and they should rethink it

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

Then their scoring/ranking system is poo poo and they should rethink it

They just did. It's way better than before.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
How good/bad is +hp/-atk Cecilia? She seems pretty good so far, and the native atk skill seems to make up for it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

aw yiss more SORDS.............

Hey, it also has a Lance Infantry unit. 3rd in the game I think.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

They just did. It's way better than before.

I don't disagree? Just because something was improved that doesn't mean there isn't room for more improvement.

This system is way better just because I get to fight varied teams instead of the same high BST teams with Hector in every match.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Apr 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
who is Alexis Tipton