Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Freak Futanari posted:

My posts are dumb, but 100% heterosexual.

your posts are the john of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Whose the genius on the Music Team that only ever puts the complete discography on sale and not the individual albums?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

your posts are the john of this thread

I may be bland and boring, but i very rarely go back to edit my posts from several years ago

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Whose the genius on the Music Team that only ever puts the complete discography on sale and not the individual albums?
None of them. Whatpumpkin runs that stuff, not the musicians.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

cathead posted:

I'm not sure Hussie gives a poo poo though. Homestuck has always been an experiment for him that people were along for the ride for, and at this point I'm pretty convinced he just wanted to try some weird poo poo with act 6 and the ending and it didn't pan out (especially on account of real life and hiatuses getting in the way), so he just wrapped it up, moved on to other things and left a lot of stuff open so people could continue to develop the story in their own ways. I mean, it IS happening, what with Act Omega and other post-ending fan adventures.

It's not like he wasn't well off before Homestuck and he likely is still fine so I don't think he cares as much whether people stick around or not compared to someone who's writing for a living.

Whether that was the correct thing to do or his responsibility as an author or whatever is an entirely different argument though, I'm just saying I can see why things played out this way.

oh I 100% don't think Hussie gives a poo poo. He wrote the story the way he wanted and that's fine. He can write whatever he wants whenever he wants.

Doesn't mean what he wrote don't suck though, and the existence of fanfiction don't make it suck any less either.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

okay we're getting closer

narrowing the pool of options

1) actual content

2) snapchats

3) nothing

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

okay we're getting closer

narrowing the pool of options

1) actual content

2) snapchats

3) nothing

4) the game.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Does a newspost/kickstarter update of "no news is good news" count as nothing? Because that seems like the likeliest option.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i'll see that action. what's the stakes, omoly you hopeful fool?

Torgover posted:

Does a newspost/kickstarter update of "no news is good news" count as nothing? Because that seems like the likeliest option.

counts as nothing

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

i'll see that action. what's the stakes, omoly you hopeful fool?

Well, I have no money, but I do enjoy doing dumb poo poo for fun...if you use a very lose definition of the word "fun".

How about this: if the game doesn't come out tomorrow I will rewatch all seven episodes of Allen Gregory, a cartoon so unpleasant I was never actually able to make through the last episode (keep in mind that I have seen every episode of Family Guy, South Park, Sit Down and Shut Up, Aqua Teen Hungerforce, and Drawn Together. My tolerance for "edgy" adult cartoons is nearly God like, and yet Allen Gregory was too much for me). I will create a thread over in TV IV documenting my journey, it will be neither funny or enjoyable for anyone involved.

If you can think of a show worse than Allen Gregory (impossible) I'll consider watching all of that instead. But it'll have to be something short that was canceled after one season, something I can marathon in one miserable alcohol filled night.

Is that acceptable or do you have a better idea? Also, what are you willing to bet in exchange? What dumbass thing will you do if the game DOES come out tomorrow?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i'll draw fanart of calliope beating up aranea

e: please note: i am a terrible artist

e2: like unequivocally bad. no skill or practice whatsoever. it will be borderline stick figures with features.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Well, I have no money, but I do enjoy doing dumb poo poo for fun...if you use a very lose definition of the word "fun".

How about this: if the game doesn't come out tomorrow I will rewatch all seven episodes of Allen Gregory, a cartoon so unpleasant I was never actually able to make through the last episode (keep in mind that I have seen every episode of Family Guy, South Park, Sit Down and Shut Up, Aqua Teen Hungerforce, and Drawn Together. My tolerance for "edgy" adult cartoons is nearly God like, and yet Allen Gregory was too much for me). I will create a thread over in TV IV documenting my journey, it will be neither funny or enjoyable for anyone involved.

If you can think of a show worse than Allen Gregory (impossible) I'll consider watching all of that instead. But it'll have to be something short that was canceled after one season, something I can marathon in one miserable alcohol filled night.

Is that acceptable or do you have a better idea? Also, what are you willing to bet in exchange? What dumbass thing will you do if the game DOES come out tomorrow?

This seems, in my amateur opinion, the perfect opportunity for a :toxx:.

e:

Clawtopsy posted:

e2: like unequivocally bad. no skill or practice whatsoever. it will be borderline stick figures with features.
This goes for both sides.

Torgover fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 12, 2017

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Omoly, how does it compare with The Nutshack?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I'm going for the oddball option of "Paradox Space returns"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

Hmmmm, that doesn't seem quite equivalent to my thing...

How about this, in addition to one fanart of calliope beating up aranea you also have to draw an addtional fanart of Caliborn and Tavros high fiving?

Is that fair? You ready to do this thing and :toxx: as Torgover suggested?

Scarodactyl posted:

Omoly, how does it compare with The Nutshack?

I've never seen The Nutshack, I have no idea what The Nutshack is, and yet I can say with full confidence that yes Allen Gregory is more unpleasant than The Nutshack.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

just tone down what you're doing. watching seven seasons of something is like a weeklong investment at the minimum

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I only know The Nutshack through memetic references in the Cool and New Music Team (the opening theme is one of those dumb silvagunner high quality rip things). The show itself has a reputation for being one of the worst ever. But it sounds like you know your personal hell best.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

I just watched the first episode of Allen Gregory and holy poo poo Omoly don't do it nothing is worth this

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Guys. This thread has already taken your sanity. Don't let it take your lives as well. Abort this foolish wager. Go forth and spend no more of your thought on cartoons and comics that you dislike. Be free.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Clawtopsy posted:

just tone down what you're doing. watching seven seasons of something is like a weeklong investment at the minimum

I'd recommend you upping yours if we're allowed opinions. This is Year Eight of Four-Thirteen, and likely the only interesting thing to happen to any Homestuck fan for a while.

Bongo Bill posted:

Guys. This thread has already taken your sanity. Don't let it take your lives as well. Abort this foolish wager. Go forth and spend no more of your thought on cartoons and comics that you dislike. Be free.

Ignore this square.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

Nah it won't take a week, I'm going to do it all in one night and watch the episodes back to back possibly while drinking heavily. I'd say that's worth two drawings. I have next Friday off, so I can do it Thursday night (or rather early Friday morning) if it comes to that.

Edit: oh, I just noticed you wrote seven "seasons". No, you misunderstood, there aren't seven seasons of Allen Gregory, it was canceled after only seven EPISODES. 16 episodes were ordered, but only 7 were made before Fox realized "oh gently caress, gently caress, we've made a huge mistake" and stopped production.

Plom Bar posted:

I just watched the first episode of Allen Gregory and holy poo poo Omoly don't do it nothing is worth this

Listen, Plom Bar, I am extremely confident that the game is coming out tomorrow. Has What Pumpkin given any indication that this confidence is well founded? No. Does past experience support me thinking this way? Absolutely not. Am I just an overly optimistic masochist making a bad life choice? Probably. Will forcing myself to listen to Jonah Hills insufferable voice for over three hours make me feel enraged for the rest of the month? Definitely.

Nevertheless, I've got a good feeling about this!

Scarodactyl posted:

I only know The Nutshack through memetic references in the Cool and New Music Team (the opening theme is one of those dumb silvagunner high quality rip things). The show itself has a reputation for being one of the worst ever. But it sounds like you know your personal hell best.

Alright, I just looked up the Nutshack and here's why it doesn't compare to Allen Gregory: The Nutshack was made by two nobodies and aired on a nothing network, meanwhile Allen Gregory was made by a Hollywood celebrity (albeit an incredibly obnoxious one) and aired on a major network during primetime. They're both terrible shows, but a LOT more money was dumped into Allen Gregory and the people who made it should have loving known better.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Apr 12, 2017

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

For the record, longshot joke bets aside, if this 4/13 passes completely without ceremony, it will be the first since 2008.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i will take a bunch of dumb fanart request from the thread, too

i will also go buy crayons

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

For the record, longshot joke bets aside, if this 4/13 passes completely without ceremony, it will be the first since 2008.

It was bound to happen sooner or later, now it's up to the fans to make their own fun.

Clawtopsy posted:

So it's your bad fanarts vs. me having to watch animated Jonah Hill poo poo his pants and cry?

I consider this a fair deal if you do Clawtopsy, you ready to :toxx:?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

yes okay

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Great! I already regret this am super positive that I'm going to win this bet!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hussie literally said nothing is happening on 4/13 except maybe another update on the game. Homestuck's over, folks. It's not some kind of religious holiday he's obligated to make a show of every year for the rest of his life.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Hussie literally said nothing is happening on 4/13 except maybe another update on the game. Homestuck's over, folks. It's not some kind of religious holiday he's obligated to make a show of every year for the rest of his life.

*me, from an extremely cyborg voicebox in the year 2413* pfffft look at this idiot who thinks this wont be the year hiveswap comes out, its an anniversary number!!!

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clawtopsy posted:

be sure to get the knock-off brand like RoseArt or something instead of Crayola

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paradoxGentleman posted:

This made me hunt down that post of yours and read it again. It's a very good post.

I can't find it and I want to read it too. Help?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i figure either way i win. i either get a product i've waited over five years for, OR, i break omoly's back a little more. bane style.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Clawtopsy posted:

Aranea beating up Calliope and stealing her ring while Aradia gives two pistols and a wink in the background.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Bell_ posted:

Aranea beating up Calliope and stealing her ring while Aradia gives two pistols and a wink in the background.

you have made me wish that tomorrow is the game release day

e: also read Act Omega where Condy does exactly that. http://mspfanventures.com/?s=16414&p=100

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Buy my dumbass tarot cards

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Clawtopsy posted:

i figure either way i win. i either get a product i've waited over five years for, OR, i break omoly's back a little more. bane style.

I'd say you two should go gently caress already but I don't think that'd work out.

And I'm not one to promote unhealthy relationships

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

First of all, much like Kimmy Schmidt and Dirk Strider's lovely katana, I am unbreakable. Second, Batman later comes back and kills Bane so that's a bad example of breaking someone anyway.

Third:

Clawtopsy posted:

e: also read Act Omega where Condy does exactly that. http://mspfanventures.com/?s=16414&p=100

Everything you've posted about Act Omega makes it seem really good, but I've still been reluctant to read it because getting emotionally invested in a fan adventure seems like a suckers game. However, after watching this video I've changed my mind. Really up they keep updating and finish this thing, because that was REALLY good.

Also, in the unlikely event that I do lose our bet, I'll need to marathon Allen Gregory Friday Night instead of Thursday. My Grandma has a Doctors appointment Friday afternoon that I needs to drive her to and I really don't think I should be up all night drinking and getting enraged by a cartoon before doing that.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clawtopsy posted:

I want to read your davekat rant

Did you post it in a different thread from this one?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Clawtopsy posted:

I started as soon as you spoiled a character made an enterence. For the most part, I haven't been disappointed.

Another idea for a picture would be a lovely two frame animation of Vriska punching herself in the face with the scorpio sign hovering over her head.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
http://hsjp-beta.tumblr.com/tagged/ACT1/chrono

go home again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

just like my japanese animes