Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Have we gotten an orb maze redux yet? I know we've gotten retakes on sonic 1's jewel maze and 2's half pipe but I don't remember any new orb content. 3D Blast's sky walkways never got any love either, but that's more understandable.

They could ALSO try actually doing something new but like that's ever gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ImpAtom posted:

Sonic Colors is probably unironically the very best 3D Sonic game. Colors and Black Knight had potential but suffered a ton for being Wiimote waggle designed. It's not as bad as it sounds though it probably means it'll be cheesy as hell.

I know a lot of people here liked Colors but I did not at all.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

1.5 seconds of Sonic Forces Classic Sonic gameplay in the new nintendo direct.

We see the level Green Hill but with sand in the background. Sonic also does the first half of the Sonic CD spring animation, but I think it cuts before we see if it does the second part where Sonic glares into the camera.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I'm really bored of Green Hill. gently caress Green Hill.

Also I thought the 3rd Sonic thing was just a crazy fan theory? I'm not confident about that at all. Hope to be proved wrong though. We getting pensioner Sonic? He can attack enemies with his cane like Cranky in Donkey Kong Returns.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Just by the nature of the series any given sonic team staff member probably worked on a good number of bad ones.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Blaze the Cat, Bubsy, or Sonic's newest friend.

Heran Bago posted:

We see the level Green Hill but with sand in the background. Sonic also does the first half of the Sonic CD spring animation, but I think it cuts before we see if it does the second part where Sonic glares into the camera.

He just transitions straight into running.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/852298423931854848

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's Antoine!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/ssf1991/status/852295899149729792

I'm not getting a good vibe from Forces. No way Mania won't be good though. I won't hear it.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 13, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/ssf1991/status/852295899149729792

I'm not getting a good vibe from Forces. No way Mania won't be bad though. I won't hear it.

Mania is going to be a good Sonic. The people working on it have a solid track record.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Worded that wrong. I meant no way Mania won't be good!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think I'll like Forces, it'll basically just be Generations 2 as far as gameplay goes and haven't we been asking for that for years?

I've always liked alternate futures where the bad guy actually wins so this taking place where Robotnik actually owns the earth is awesome for me. I don't like the title of the game though. Not at all.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
I'm willing to bet the 3rd character is going to be an OC that you create.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

FZeroRacer posted:

And his canon name will be Omar Charlie or OC for short

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I can't believe they forgot the ring in a Sonic game, of all places.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Pigbuster posted:

Have we gotten an orb maze redux yet? I know we've gotten retakes on sonic 1's jewel maze and 2's half pipe but I don't remember any new orb content. 3D Blast's sky walkways never got any love either, but that's more understandable.

They could ALSO try actually doing something new but like that's ever gonna happen.

Lost World 3DS has a gyro-controlled orb collecting... thing, and it's terrible.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey, I for real figured out who the third character is.

It's Sonic from the upcoming live action movie.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Dehry posted:

He just transitions straight into running.

I know it's not but if the new 3rd playable character WAS Bubsy, I would flip my goddamn lid.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sonic Colors would be better if "2d sonic" meant Genesis sonic and not watered down flat. Even Mario levels aren't so flat.

Every time I read this thread I go fire off a level of Sonic 2 or S3&K and I'm always amazed at how much I haven't seen and how many routes there are.

That's also why I'm getting more and more hyped for mania.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The 3rd character should be Blaze but it won't be

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
of all the characters that were added during the time period where sega felt like every new sonic game needed a new character, blaze is the sole good one

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

of all the characters that were added during the time period where sega felt like every new sonic game needed a new character, blaze is the sole good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwcUrx6775w

how dare you say that about G-Rated HK-47. :(

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Dehry posted:

2 and 3, both correct

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
hoping for Bubsy.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

This guy without a hat? Idk.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I'm hoping for Nack, too.

E: Bubsy would be great, though.
"WHAT COULD PAAAWSSIBLY GO WROOONG?!"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bubsy or the xenoverse option would be amazing

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Darn near every 3d game has involved Eggman unleashing some unspeakable evil. Bubsy is just the most unspeakable yet.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The characters so far are past sonic and present sonic, character #3 is going to be future sonic.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm hoping character three is an animal even more ridiculous than the ones we already have. I'm holding out for a pangolin or a jerboa or something, it's hard to out-weird an echidna.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Larry Lynx?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The only animal that'll out-weird an echidna is a platypus.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Say hello to Sonic's raddest new friend, Squelchy the Blobfish.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Perry the Platypus in a Sonic game would be :perfect:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

MikeJF posted:

http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Penelope_Platypus

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

MikeJF posted:

The characters so far are past sonic and present sonic, character #3 is going to be future sonic.

I want this. He needs to wear lots of lots of leather.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
You mean like the 'Leather' costumes that were in Rivals? Maybe he could have another alternate costume from that game and dress up like a Furry Cheetah.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Nah he'll just get Scourge's jacket.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FZeroRacer posted:

Don't forget the reveal trailer ended with "Join the Resistance" which sounds like a Create a Character type of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DrakePegasus posted:

I can't believe they forgot the ring in a Sonic game, of all places.

:holymoley: