Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Discos trolling spectrum chat.

"When is ATV going up?"
"I am here to tell you that because the Reddit Summoning Thread was started extremely early at 10:30am PST, ATV has been delayed by as much as 12 parsecs."

More rendering delays, I would guess that's the excuse. Lando doesn't give a poo poo, and I don't really blame him. I wouldn't either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Disco finally stops bsing

"The reality is that we're still making edits. After that, Chris has to approve the final cut, the show has to be exported, then uploaded to YT where it will undergo processing. It will still be a couple hours if not more. If you are waiting up for ATV, the standard refrain applies: "Go to sleep, it will be here in the morning.""

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

There's some hot pissed off action from high admirals.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The last post in their official announcements forum is from Feb 18. Good work.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Disco finally stops bsing

"The reality is that we're still making edits. After that, Chris has to approve the final cut, the show has to be exported, then uploaded to YT where it will undergo processing. It will still be a couple hours if not more. If you are waiting up for ATV, the standard refrain applies: "Go to sleep, it will be here in the morning.""

I have to say, between how they handle delays, closing down the forum, open development communication and the tact from the community managers responding on when to expect things they get a A++ rating.

This clown car of a company makes United Airlines look competent.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

XK posted:

For anyone unfamiliar with the term "Elephant walk", it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_NAwmDg0zw

Clicking on this led me to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM1FFhaWj9w
I didn't realise our numbers are so hosed up.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Colostomy Bag posted:

There's some hot pissed off action from high admirals.

Anyone who thinks CIG has even started thinking about a mobile app is in for a massive disappointment.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

TrustmeImLegit posted:

3 posts in the last hour.
Chat is bumpin tho but its the same ten people.

This is what they want. You can't have a meaningful discussion in chat, and it doesn't leave a record.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Zzr posted:

Clicking on this led me to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM1FFhaWj9w
I didn't realise our numbers are so hosed up.

You literally might have gotten that video because the airforce video only has less than 50 views, and that numbers video is something I've watched before, so they got mixed together by Youtube's algorithm.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Anyone who thinks CIG has even started thinking about a mobile app is in for a massive disappointment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a big complaint was mobile support in Spectrum. So they disabled the functionality for the time being.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The reality is that we're still making edits. After that, Chris has to approve the final cut, the show has to be exported, then uploaded to YT where it will undergo processing. It will still be a couple hours if not more. If you are waiting up for ATV, the standard refrain applies: "Go to sleep, it will be here in the morning."

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At their internal release date set in 2050, mobile phones will be able to play star citizen.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tokamak posted:

The reality is that we're still making edits. After that, Chris has to approve the final cut, the show has to be exported, then uploaded to YT where it will undergo processing. It will still be a couple hours if not more. If you are waiting up for ATV, the standard refrain applies: "Go to sleep, it will be here in the morning."

Hopefully Monaco gets a faster pipeline so Chris can view the content quicker.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

There are a lot of people in that thread with a lot of money in SC, and some are asking about refunds. Someone even mentioned the subreddit! Could we be nearing the end of this drama?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

IncredibleIgloo posted:

There are a lot of people in that thread with a lot of money in SC, and some are asking about refunds. Someone even mentioned the subreddit! Could we be nearing the end of this drama?

I dunno, I really don't know with this one. On one hand the backers forget easily but on the other this is a massive change for the most vocal posters to take and they may run and run with it.
I think this could be one of the things we look back on and say 'that was a turning point'

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
That thread is p bitter.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I dunno, I really don't know with this one. On one hand the backers forget easily but on the other this is a massive change for the most vocal posters to take and they may run and run with it.
I think this could be one of the things we look back on and say 'that was a turning point'

There are so many things associated with this project that the catalyst to bring it down could very much be something not entirely associated with the game (or lack thereof).

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Kellanved posted:

That thread is p bitter.

I've come to see that, among the citizens, even their bitterness is apathetic. These people need cocaine.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
It's interesting reading through that forum, particularly the terminology people use. "Dissent", "Toxic", "Betrayals", etc. That's not healthy.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Kellanved posted:

It's interesting reading through that forum, particularly the terminology people use. "Dissent", "Toxic", "Betrayals", etc. That's not healthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5BdBfhliwM

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

It's been a month since I checked in, looks like CIG is corralling the cultists into a new forum and deleting the old one?

How long until the game is released and/or Chris and Sandi start passing out the kool aid?

Has CIG done anything else lately, or finished the game?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Alright, it's been awhile. What's the latest SCOOP?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Don't doxx me, doggo!

DON'T DOXX ME, DOGGO!

Wait.... Where is the retweet button? I CAN'T FIND LIKE OR SUBSCRIBE!

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
starcitizens.jpg

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

starcitizens.jpg

Well given how they pretty much given up releasing it today/tonight...this will end poorly.

What a shitshow. :v:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

You nailed it, it's a shitshow of a poo poo show.

Classic CIG work, well done.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Christ and Ortwin: Two Guys, One Company

It's a shitshow :v:

:suicide:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Do one of :reddit:, you know we'll need it one of these days

I made :reddit:, it is my legacy

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Kosumo posted:

You nailed it, it's a shitshow of a poo poo show.

Classic CIG work, well done.

The calm and collected masses have hyped themselves up that there will be a ton of 3.0 schedule revelations in this AtV. Funny thing is they basically said what was going to be in the drat thing days ago yet crobbling a 30 minute video is somehow an insurmountable task.

Is the end near with this debacle? Nah...but they are definitely boxing themselves further into a corner as each week goes by with their ineptitude and asinine decisions.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
:dogge:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

hot balls man no homo posted:

Don't forget the rumor that there are employees and friends of CIG that are buying ships with absurd discounts to flip them on the grey market. If this is true, then CIG is double dicking their own customers by 1, overinflating their own funding numbers and 2, flooding the secondary market with cheap ships.

I suppose they could, but honestly, since they brought LTI back, brought in CCUs and fixed the Euro exchange rate gimmick, prices have dropped so much that it wouldn't be very logical for them to be selling in there anymore. If they were flooding the market they'd make just as much by dropping the price and selling from their site. About the only things still getting any "value" are the very few limiteds they actually have not put back on the block, like the 890J.

But since it makes no sense at all to be doing it, you're almost assuredly correct that they are.

e. taxxe

ripptide fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 14, 2017

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

ripptide posted:

If they were flooding the market they'd make just as much by dropping the price and selling from their site.

The last time they sold the hornet as new cash only for less than original prices the whales were ready to riot.

The base is so toxic that the company can't attract new people without risking revolt from people with $10k or more "invested" feeling like they are not special and smart for buying thousands of dollars in jpegs early on.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFyAqLtHq8

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/377134/the-last-hours-of-this-forum

:negative:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ATV looking good

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The end of an era.

Hey backers, we used a shitload of funds to get the forums that served you well at the start of this fiasco. But hey, we dumped a bunch more of your backer funds into something called Spectrum and wrote off the cost of the obsolete forums.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Well, they are releasing a 3.0 production schedule tomorrow, according to Sandi in the latest AtV. At least there'll be a bit of excitement for once now that they will be publicly committing themselves to something.

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Apr 14, 2017

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Is Spectrum internally developed by CIG?

I'm looking at Spectrum's connection suite using DevTools. The calls seem suspiciously close to Discords. Is there an opensource thing for this?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

boviscopophobic posted:

Well, they are releasing a 3.0 production schedule tomorrow, according to Sandi in the latest AtV. At least there'll be a bit of excitement for once now that they will be publicly committing themselves to something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqv78x5ZEwE&t=114s

Somebody told Erin - "sound more excited about poo poo"

Doesn't hide his 1,000 yard stare though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
Sprinting means they're like nearly finished right?