Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

They had me at Fossil Jim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

I like the intro, I just wish they mixed the audio so music didn't drown out the lyrics. Does anyone else have that issue?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Antiquated Pants posted:

I like the intro, I just wish they mixed the audio so music didn't drown out the lyrics. Does anyone else have that issue?

When Kinga first starts singing, yeah, but otherwise it's fine.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Beast From Hollow Mountain needed the titular creature to show up for more than just the end.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Hakkesshu posted:

Is this not available worldwide? I'm not a fan but I wanted to watch Reptilicus since it's a Danish movie, but then it's not available in Denmark?? I don't think I've ever seen Netflix region lock their original shows.
Unfortunately it's only available in the US, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand right now. I'm not expecting us in the Nordic countries to be able to watch this anytime soon. :smith:

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Compendium posted:

Goddammit movie, don't think I don't notice Mia Farrow not being wet whatsoever after the pool sequence!

Yeah, I was waiting for them to say something, but then I assumed it was a magic 70's swim cap.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bruteman posted:

Beast From Hollow Mountain needed the titular creature to show up for more than just the end.

I don't know if I could have handled the sheer majesty of the titular creature for much longer than we already got.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

tvgm2 posted:

Yeah, I was waiting for them to say something, but then I assumed it was a magic 70's swim cap.

This post is completely unstable, not up to code!

Aloha!

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Watching The Time Travelers. Being a Power Rangers fan I am glad the robots that Jonah keeps introducing are all made from the Playskool Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Megazord.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Not only does Wizards of the Lost Kingdom have the same actor villian as Deathstalker, it also uses the theme song from Deathstalker (which in turn was taken from Roger Cormans "Battle Beyond The Stars") several times near the end.

Its like when Robot Holocaust and Laserblast had the same theme music.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
The bobcat part in Episode 2 floored me and now just the thought of it elicits some good chuckles.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

mateo360 posted:

Watching The Time Travelers. Being a Power Rangers fan I am glad the robots that Jonah keeps introducing are all made from the Playskool Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Megazord.

haha, I thought they looked like the old Megazord.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Please stop having so much fun. There are people still at work.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I really enjoyed Cry Wilderness. The first episode was good, but the second feels like one I'll want to go back and rewatch more than once. It's just so awful and bizarre and has absolutely nothing to do with Bigfoot despite being completely about him.

Ho ho ho! Merrrrrrry Bigfoot!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Man, the ship sets are pretty bland. It seems like it might have even been cheaper to glue a bunch of trash to the walls than make a bunch of futuristicy conduits and paint them the same shade of purple, but that's what they did.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Anybody else remember a gag where somebody had to run through the doors with Cambot into the theater? This has been driving me up the wall.

Anyway, I went to bed to new MST3K for the first time since forever, and I giggled like an idiot by myself for an hour-and-a-half, and it was wonderful. I really like Jonah. New Servo will take some getting used to, but that's okay, and Crow just sounds like Crow. Crow always sounds like Crow. Really diggin' it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

:lol: That they're definitely aware of it makes it funnier. I hope Baron prints a bunch of them out and hangs them somewhere.

One hour and twenty minutes until I can get home......

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Anybody else remember a gag where somebody had to run through the doors with Cambot into the theater? This has been driving me up the wall.
Soultaker, I think? That was the one where the ship was malfunctioning and Mike had to force the door to the theater open.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

LividLiquid posted:

Anyway, I went to bed to new MST3K for the first time since forever, and I giggled like an idiot by myself for an hour-and-a-half, and it was wonderful. I really like Jonah. New Servo will take some getting used to, but that's okay, and Crow just sounds like Crow. Crow always sounds like Crow. Really diggin' it.

It was Mike, and I want to say the episode was Soultaker.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Yup, it's with Mike. I think it's in Soultaker, because he ends up having to do it because everything in the ship is breaking.

e: Too slow again, Bicyclops. drat you both! :argh:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
So far the only complaint I have is that they aren't giggling at each other as much as the riffers used to. I always really enjoy it when characters in a comedy notice that the people around them are funny. But I'm only on the first episode.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Only watched episode 1 but the Monster Rap was incredible and the little "THE DOOR IS AJAR" sequence was great. Crow > Tom > Jonah so far, it's like Crow never left but to be fair he's probably the easiest personality to imitate. So glad I'm off work today, I'll probably binge through half of them.

Everything turned out okay! :unsmith:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Glad they had Oswalt to Seager Sing.

And I really see a lot of Kalan's humor style in the show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Still on Cry Wilderness and what the poo poo even is this movie

(On a similar note they should do Roar)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/846076573866479617

I don't understand what's bothering him in the replies there.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Maxwell Lord posted:

Still on Cry Wilderness and what the poo poo even is this movie

Batshit is what it is. And yet, its still more watchable than Curse of Bigfoot or To Catch A Yeti.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I really enjoyed how Patton introduces himself as Tv's Son of Tv's Frank but Kinga refuses to call him that and calls him Max instead. So are the original Forrester and Frank never going to show up? :smith:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Ok, so I have an example of the problems I have with the riffing. In Avalanche (about 40 minutes in) a helicopter makes a landing. They sing the MASH theme since the shot is reminiscent of that. While someone is still doing the theme song, they start ANOTHER joke and have someone 'announce' the movie, similar to what Radar would do in MASH. Literally a nano-second later, they make ANOTHER joke about parking in a handicapped spot.

You've got 3 funny jokes for the same thing all in the span of like 20 seconds. Pick a joke and let it land. They're funny riffs but it's just too crammed in there. It happens a lot. They'll rattle off several jokes for one thing.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Get a second divorce!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
The door sequence is so loving cool, yall

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I totally apologize if I missed it but who is the blond with Wil Weaton? Is she from Buck Rogers?

E: Yeah. Erin Gray.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 14, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/846076573866479617

I don't understand what's bothering him in the replies there.

I don't know but Trace totally blowing off Lowtax is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/TraceBeaulieu/status/850285105855827968

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

LividLiquid posted:

Evil Mastermind posted:

Soultaker, I think? That was the one where the ship was malfunctioning and Mike had to force the door to the theater open.

Yup. Joel also did it at the beginning of Phase IV. :eng101:

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Jose Oquendo posted:

Ok, so I have an example of the problems I have with the riffing. In Avalanche (about 40 minutes in) a helicopter makes a landing. They sing the MASH theme since the shot is reminiscent of that. While someone is still doing the theme song, they start ANOTHER joke and have someone 'announce' the movie, similar to what Radar would do in MASH. Literally a nano-second later, they make ANOTHER joke about parking in a handicapped spot.

You've got 3 funny jokes for the same thing all in the span of like 20 seconds. Pick a joke and let it land. They're funny riffs but it's just too crammed in there. It happens a lot. They'll rattle off several jokes for one thing.

This is because you know what MASH theme sounds like, and who Radar is. The unwashed masses (me included, as I haven't seen MASH) would only get the baseline parking joke.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Cry Wilderness is now one of my favorite episodes and also one of my favorite movies the show's ever done. Obvious comment, but it'd make a great double feature with Boggy Creek II.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

Cry Wilderness is now one of my favorite episodes and also one of my favorite movies the show's ever done. Obvious comment, but it'd make a great double feature with Boggy Creek II.

I will absolutely give this season props for having a really, really solid lineup of films.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I liked Cry Wilderness a lot more than the first episode. I've always liked when they riff on batshit insane movies aimed at or starring kids, there's something delightfully mean-spirited about them wishing a child actor would leave the movie for the entire episode.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
Well it took 20 years, but i've finally seen a movie before it was featured on mst3k: Warriors of the Lost Kingdom, a movie I watched on Sci Fi because I didn't bother changing the channel after mst3k or because it was on when mst was supposed to be airing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I hope someone gave him the story behind the I HATE TOM SERVO'S NEW VOICE jokes, because if he didn't know those were jokes it would probably double the amount of negativity he's perceiving from internet superfans (not counting likely racist and misogynistic comments about the new cast).