Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Welcome aboard.

26 tickets spent trying to get Champion Orbs. Only 3 battles gave me orbs :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
I downloaded this game the other day after seeing the Fate/Stay Night collab, it seems pretty neat so far. My first pull was Spirit Master Niji. For some reason she dies super fast even though she's called out as being "highly durable" (and I even gave her a three-star weapon, too). My other three-stars are Loki, Hel, Momiji, and Liciela.

Simon The Digger fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Apr 16, 2017

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Simon The Digger posted:

I downloaded this game the other day after seeing the Fate/Stay Night collab, it seems pretty neat so far. My first pull was Spirit Master Niji. For some reason she dies super fast even though she's called out as being "highly durable" (and I even gave her a three-star weapon, too). My other three-stars are Loki, Hel, Momiji, and Liciela.

Niji or any other "tank" char isn't really until they get promoted and orbed up. Heimdal is good because he has Godly Protection which voids any one attack on everyone in your team. Since it works the same irrespective of stars or orbs, he's noticeably tanky for new players. You can follow people and use their merc tanks if yours isn't working out, mercs are free so don't hold back.

Your others are pretty good, you have the luck of the Irish buddy. Momiji is a better choice for Liciela as archer for most situations, Liciela has some niches though where she excells (more so if you pick up the vamp shoes sometime).

SpaceDrake posted:

I applied to join SOMTHINGSMORBOLL under the name Liese, approval would be nifty

also I managed to get Saber in step two of the UBW II banner and holy lollers she's ridiculous. I'm assuming there are others who can do similar, but she feels like the best wave-clear possible in the game unless the entire enemy pack is super resistant to Light.

I put my Saber in as a merc for the rest of the event. Once the event's over she'll be back to just being superb (down from godly).

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Man, I... did not expect to have as much fun with this as I'm having. The combat seems brainlessly simple at first, but there actually is some depth to putting together a team of dudes that can do stuff and interact (and the enemies later on throwing in stuff like phys-immune foes but with you still need a tank helps too) and the game seems to make watching your dudes grow and get better a good deal more compelling than I expected.

Of course, it also helps that the early game not only showers you with currency, but I'm guessing based on the thread that this collab event is way better about making that currency go the distance than just about any other event the game's done and I've made out like a goddamn bandit as a result. Not only have I managed to get permanent 4* Rin and I rolled both Saber and Ilya, but after something like six diamond pulls, all of which were completely free, my 3* lineup to date is, deep breath... Freya, Thrud, Momiji, Hel, Canon, Liesa, Welver, Hodr, and Shiena. And the only thing standing between Heimdall, Baldr, Idun, Luflit & Mele and 3* status is a single lucky 2* pull each for crystals.

Needless to say, I'm a little afraid to step out of the house for fear of being struck by lightning now, I didn't even have to reroll, and I'm rather keeping the account. :v:

If anything, I'm kind of hurting for gear at this point. I have character-specific gear for Thrud and Hel (both 2*, melded up to 3*), and of course the Archer swords from my initial login, but beyond that I'm kind of mostly bumming around with lots of melded-up 1* stuff and some native 2* stuff. I've gotten some other weapons, but for characters I don't have.

What I really need is at least one Excalibur. An Excalibur X would be lovely, but at this point I'll take even a regular ol' 2* excal. That skill is kind of a key to Saber getting really stupid, but despite throwing three gae bolgs at me the gacha has been recalcitrant so far. I'd like to get up to <5000 rank for this part of the collab so I can think about maybe buying two normal excals and mashing them together (or even just putting two on Saber, full stop), but it seems like that's going to be hard without access to higher difficulty Gilgamesh, and at level 20, getting much higher even before the event ends full stop is going to be a challenge. Hopefully I can make my deepest excalibur dreams come true.

TLDR: game's more fun than I anticipated and if anyone else wants to jump in, I think it's a fine enough mobage and right now's pretty much the time to start. The Fate collab gachas are a goddamn steal compared to the initial flood of currency the game gives you to try to addict you to gambling, and if you dig the Fate/stay night crew, they all seem pretty strong, and Saber's appropriately stupid.

Anyway, with all the aimless :words: out, I do have a question: I am one mastery point away from completely maxing out the Normal mode of the event... and that point requires having a Jotun on the team. What would be the easiest way to get a Jotun in the week that the event will still be live? Just run Surtr or Hrungnir, as host, until my pancreas falls out?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I would probably just run the 1* connects forever until you get 10 from those and hero quests if you're lucky. There's nothing more aggravating than having a unit stuck at one more soul to promote/unlock for days on end.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Marogareh posted:

I would probably just run the 1* connects forever until you get 10 from those and hero quests if you're lucky. There's nothing more aggravating than having a unit stuck at one more soul to promote/unlock for days on end.

Is it better to run the 1*s as opposed to higher stars? I figured the 1*s technically had a drop rate but just weren't worth doing from a practical standpoint. I did just get my first Gil soul from a 3* I hosted, and hopefully I can put him together and snag at least one copy of Ea over the next week.

also as an aside for fate fans, was I the only one who looked at Ilya's profile, noticed she's classified as a goddamn Therian and said "gently caress, that's a savage burn"

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Of all the connects I've done I don't think the higher ones have a higher drop rate for souls. Maybe the level 50 ones do but I can barely do the 5* one to know. I've done tons of 4* and I super rarely if ever get any souls from it. The reason I prefer the 1* one is because it's super cheap in stamina cost and you can do it in two seconds.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
The drop rate does go up as you do more difficult connect battles. I don't recall the actual numbers, but it increases enough that it stays more efficient to run the more expensive levels. More mana and more tokens too

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

New Shop Character, Dress Saber.

For only $160 you'll get either Saber or Dress Saber.. What a deal!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

And here's what really gives you pause: a guaranteed drop after that little investment is incredibly merciful by mobage standards and may even be hurting their bottom line.

I'm having fun with this game for now but good god the mobage industry makes my blood run cold sometimes.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

fullTimeLurker posted:

New Shop Character, Dress Saber.

For only $160 you'll get either Saber or Dress Saber.. What a deal!

Yeah, they're milking the anime nuts for all they're worth which is fine by me. I'll be less happy if the dress version turns out to be better than the standard one. What annoys me is the whole 'boosted rates' thing means I always end up with a vast pile of crap I already have. I know that's the point of gachas but it's still irritating.

At least the stamina packs are back.

@SpaceDrake: It's good that you're enjoying the game, I find it rather entertaining too. You're just going to have to keep grinding the story at this point. If you're up for spending cash, get the monthly stam and tickets first as they're really a decent bargain. If you're still in a spending mood, grab stam packs and get going. That will earn you a load of mana which you can pump into making gear. The mana excalibur is not sommon, I spent 11M mana last week and only got 2 to drop.

Edit: don't forget to increase your inventory size in the blacksmiths. It's not expensive and you need all the space you can get.

stratego
May 6, 2007

Ratzap posted:

Yeah, they're milking the anime nuts for all they're worth which is fine by me. I'll be less happy if the dress version turns out to be better than the standard one. What annoys me is the whole 'boosted rates' thing means I always end up with a vast pile of crap I already have. I know that's the point of gachas but it's still irritating.

Dress saber is supposed to be kind of bad on the jp your list.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

stratego posted:

Dress saber is supposed to be kind of bad on the jp your list.

I heard that too but then again, the dress one has significantly higher base stats. Maybe they're looking at the special but even then, water damage isn't bad and 30% def reduction for 3 turns doesn't suck either. It's a moot point for me anyway, I went ahead and gambled but shockingly won. I have all the fate units now but the gear seems horribly rare (or my luck finally ran out). I tried a fate gear pull and got nothing, not a single fate item.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Yeesh. I've done 50 pulls on the Fate stuff and only got Shirou as my guaranteed unit. This event has been remarkably unkind to me

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

Yeesh. I've done 50 pulls on the Fate stuff and only got Shirou as my guaranteed unit. This event has been remarkably unkind to me

Ouch, that's really loving miserable. Then again, you should have a pretty big pile of gear and 5 star standard units - always try to find a bright side.

I just noticed while putting orbs on Dress Saber that she's tied up. If I go look up why am I going to regret it? Is this another instance of Japans penchant for rape scenes in everything?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ratzap posted:

Ouch, that's really loving miserable. Then again, you should have a pretty big pile of gear and 5 star standard units - always try to find a bright side.

I just noticed while putting orbs on Dress Saber that she's tied up. If I go look up why am I going to regret it? Is this another instance of Japans penchant for rape scenes in everything?

I've got Heimdall and Freya at 5*, and a few base 2* folks at 4* now, so yeah at least that part is coming along fine. I really wish the game would give me that winged helmet, or whatever it is that grants regen. My lack of healing really hurts.

The context for dress Saber is not rape, but is also Not Good. Don't look it up, friend

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm actually in the exact same boat as you. Have done 70 pulls and only have a Shirou to show for it. But at least the game gave me about 60 Hero Sigurd, Archer Lucio, and Fencer Soara shards. Could get all 3 of them from 1star to 4 stars from this event alone. Oh well. If anything, it just further cements my desire to never spend money on this game again.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Fuuuuuuuuck, I've been rank 920~ for the whole week until I woke up today at rank 1070. 1000 rank points later, I'm only at 1050. People are going HARD for those points today and rip my chances of buying a character.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Did a pull and got ilyasviel (and a ton of characters I already have at 5*, the curse of maxing dudes out I guess). That leaves me with just Lancer and dress Saber locked, I'll probably just spend my event tokens on Lancer at the end, I don't mind not getting dress Saber much. Maybe I'll forgo lancer entirely for weapons, but I hate leaving a character on the table, I always worry some degenerate strategy will center on them and I'll miss out forever.

Also I can somewhat totally do 6* Gilgamesh now, it is an incredibly more efficient run. I get 5 times the points I used to at 5*, and with the occasional double soul drop I might actually 4* him before the event is over. I've already got his weapon at 5* I just need to max the skill now. Running connects all the time really adds up for getting those tokens. I've hugely increased my party's bangles too, it's nice (in fact that's probably a good part of why I can do 6* now)

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Some of these posts are making me extraordinarily self-conscious about my own rolls (and... yeah, I snagged more stuff off "completing" the initial 3-cycle of UBW I). Sorry some of y'all are having such poo poo rolls. :( The wages and hell of gacha.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Did a pull and got ilyasviel (and a ton of characters I already have at 5*, the curse of maxing dudes out I guess). That leaves me with just Lancer and dress Saber locked, I'll probably just spend my event tokens on Lancer at the end, I don't mind not getting dress Saber much. Maybe I'll forgo lancer entirely for weapons, but I hate leaving a character on the table, I always worry some degenerate strategy will center on them and I'll miss out forever.

Lancer doesn't seem to have become degenerate in the JP version, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

quote:

Also I can somewhat totally do 6* Gilgamesh now, it is an incredibly more efficient run. I get 5 times the points I used to at 5*, and with the occasional double soul drop I might actually 4* him before the event is over. I've already got his weapon at 5* I just need to max the skill now. Running connects all the time really adds up for getting those tokens. I've hugely increased my party's bangles too, it's nice (in fact that's probably a good part of why I can do 6* now)

Meanwhile I'm pretty much only able to do 3* Gil... which still feels pretty good, given that my account is about a weekend old. Being able to put together a team of F/SN characters with Baldr backing up has been a big help. Even so, I'll count myself fairly lucky if I can get enough souls to make Gil before the event ends (I've got six, but the last four are proving recalcitrant). I've got his weapon and I'll probably even be able to 4* it, but beyond that is a question mark.

And of course I still need to get Surtr if I want to get completion from the event for points.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

SpaceDrake posted:

Meanwhile I'm pretty much only able to do 3* Gil... which still feels pretty good, given that my account is about a weekend old. Being able to put together a team of F/SN characters with Baldr backing up has been a big help. Even so, I'll count myself fairly lucky if I can get enough souls to make Gil before the event ends (I've got six, but the last four are proving recalcitrant). I've got his weapon and I'll probably even be able to 4* it, but beyond that is a question mark.

And of course I still need to get Surtr if I want to get completion from the event for points.

Have you opened his hero quest yet? You do know you can get souls there too right? Since you have him already, it's pretty irrelevant if you unlock him before the event ends because you can slowly grind souls in the hero quest.

Surtr is nothing to do with the UBW event, just host it often enough to get a soul then grind him to 5 stars via hero quests.

Personally I've been fairly lazy with grail points. I go to an empty high channel (700 to 900 somewhere) and solo the 4 star Gilgamesh for 80 points. I don't have to pay attention, just keep tapping to make it repeat till I'm out of stamina and no-one leeches points off me. I finished up around place 2400 which was fine, another 1500 contracts which I used to buy dress sabers X sword (I got Saber an excalibur X yesterday). If I finish the 3rd part in roughly the same place and pull in another 1500 contracts, I can buy another X weapon. Probably Sabers so I can 5 star it with some reforge parts.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Ratzap posted:

Surtr is nothing to do with the UBW event, just host it often enough to get a soul then grind him to 5 stars via hero quests.

He does have something to do with it tangentially - getting 100% completion (and thus the proofs) requires one of the stages to be cleared with a jotun in the party. He's pretty much the only reasonably available jotun, so if I want the extra event funbucks, I need to bang out getting him at some point here.

And sure, I've got access to Gil's hero quest now, but even at the 3* connect it'll probably be faster to farm him than to just get a few soul crystals a day :v: besides, I need to at least 4* his weapon!

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

SpaceDrake posted:

He does have something to do with it tangentially - getting 100% completion (and thus the proofs) requires one of the stages to be cleared with a jotun in the party. He's pretty much the only reasonably available jotun, so if I want the extra event funbucks, I need to bang out getting him at some point here.

And sure, I've got access to Gil's hero quest now, but even at the 3* connect it'll probably be faster to farm him than to just get a few soul crystals a day :v: besides, I need to at least 4* his weapon!

Ah of course yeah. Good luck.

I think I'll buy some more stamina packs and work on getting all my units to purple frames till the event finishes. Then my 15 grand arena units fully orbed - long term plan.

The soul trader had Draculoki for 900 today so I bought that up. I'm not missing many now - Odin, the bug dwarf, arnauld and the two maids. It'll be nice to finish some off though as it's taking over 700 stam a day to do all the hero quests.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
I've gotten some astonishingly good rolls (and luck with getting soul crystals) recently. Now my roster of three stars is Luca, Mele, Niji, Hel, Momiji, Fei Lang, Liesa, Freya, Sakura, Loki, Saber, Archer, Sonia, Canon, Liciela, Baldur, Shiena and Luflit. I'm still grinding away at the hero quests for Gilgamesh and Rock Guy Whose Name I Forget, but otherwise it's been pretty smooth sailing.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Managed to grind up 2000 diamonds and do one final pull before the collab banner goes away.

1/10, Thor's hammer :thumbsup:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Got super lucky on FIST girl summon and got her as the last item. I've always wanted her ever since she showed up so I'm super happy. All I really want now are the two other Valkyries to play around with all three of them in a team.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Man, I grinded the heck out of Gil for a second weapon so I could reforge it but I needed two more apparently. Is that just for him or is it a general Connect boss gear thing? Can still manage it but it was kind of annoying to find that out.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

McDragon posted:

Man, I grinded the heck out of Gil for a second weapon so I could reforge it but I needed two more apparently. Is that just for him or is it a general Connect boss gear thing? Can still manage it but it was kind of annoying to find that out.

I think all the connect gear is like that, i guess because it's possible to farm it if you run a stupid amount of the connects

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

wait wait wait are you saying you need three additional pieces of same-rarity equipment to reforge Connect stuff? As in, you'd need 15 dupes to turn your single piece of connect equipment into a 5 star item? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Yeah, it gets a lot more reasonable if you're botting somehow, but emulators got banned during this event so now it's just an insane requirement

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The normal token ones don't feel too bad but the boss specific ones are going to take ages.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

wait wait wait are you saying you need three additional pieces of same-rarity equipment to reforge Connect stuff? As in, you'd need 15 dupes to turn your single piece of connect equipment into a 5 star item? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No it's not that bad. Any piece of connect bought gear needs 2 reforge items instead of 1. So 9 3 star items gets you 1 5 star.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Ratzap posted:

No it's not that bad. Any piece of connect bought gear needs 2 reforge items instead of 1. So 9 3 star items gets you 1 5 star.

Pretty sure its 12 items total. 3 for the to make a 4 star, then you need 3 more 4 stars to make a 5 star.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Jehuti posted:

Pretty sure its 12 items total. 3 for the to make a 4 star, then you need 3 more 4 stars to make a 5 star.

I just checked my gear and that's right. Why they'd make 4 to 5 require an extra reforge item I can't imagine, it seems a bit over the top.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well the latest Connect is against a giant TV mascot. I like that this game started off as vaguely norsish and is getting slowly more and more wacky.

Also Rin's Hero Quests arrived. And Onslaught is back. And I have a million sp weapons that need forging because I threw all my mana and guild tokens and friend tokens at the summon to get more Excaliburs. With grabbing one out of the UBW trader I managed to get it to 4* at least. To be honest, that was the target.

Oh, also I had a proper look at Garm the other day and he does not, in fact, have adorable red boots on.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I was not expecting the next event to be a fight against the logo for Japanese YouTube. Okay then.

McDragon posted:

Oh, also I had a proper look at Garm the other day and he does not, in fact, have adorable red boots on.

wait WHAT

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
My problem today is eyeing off those new packs they're selling. The reforge knives would let me get Sabers Excalibur X to 5 star, so tempting.

I've no idea if that new guy is worth bothering to get though. 30,000 diamonds for a guaranteed pull, he'd need to be bloody amazing.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Ratzap posted:

I've no idea if that new guy is worth bothering to get though. 30,000 diamonds for a guaranteed pull, he'd need to be bloody amazing.

Deffo not worth 30k diamonds. He seems pretty niche. Looking at him, he seems to just be Sif but male and water type. He also has lovely light defence and only targets nearest with his skill so I think he is tailor made for connect battles and that's about it. Maybe if people use the Jotun tank more and everyone didnt have Thor/Sabre/Odin he might be more useful in arena.

Oh he is also Aesir in case you need another reason to not use him in arena.

The onslaught shop has an item I've never seen before today though, a bow with attack and magic attack, % attack skill that targets weakest and curses them. Real tempting for me to grab that for Gilgamesh to use.

Jehuti fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 28, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Bah, I missed getting a third Ea for rank up and enough points to pick up a second excal ex. Ah well. At least my Storche Ritter is level 4 now, so Ilya has an ideal toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Managed to get Wolfgang from a free diamond pull. Not sure If I want to invest heavily in him since I have both Momiji and Ranco at 5*. His skill and unique weapon is swaying me a bit.

• Locked thread