Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wit
Jul 26, 2011

Avian Pneumonia posted:

Is it work $30 or is it broken trash?

Yes it is and yes it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

playerunknown battlegrounds is good

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

I prefer holographic sights because they are much cuter than red dots. Also it sounds way more complex than a basic rear end red dot

Red dots are objectively better becasue you still have the same aim point (A red dot) but they don't take up an ungodly amount of screen space like the holo sights while you're zoomed in. Not much of a difference really but it's enough for me to never use a holo sight if I have a red dot handy.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Holo sights just look absurd on KAR's and some of the other, more rounded weapons. And for that reason, I'm out.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Steam just sent me a refund for this game, yet it still works and I didn't request one and no sign of my account being compromised.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

jonathan posted:

Steam just sent me a refund for this game, yet it still works and I didn't request one and no sign of my account being compromised.

Perfect!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally won my first match, in a 3 man squad, and I was alive at the end which I never thought would happen. Our mics were muted and we were separated - the two of them started in Severny and I started in Novorepnoye. I survived a red zone while being uncovered after crashing my vehicle. This is the best game.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
So this game doesn't play nice with triple monitors at all. Every other game all 3 of my screens go black for 15-30 seconds, and then when they come back the game has closed itself.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Megasabin posted:

So this game doesn't play nice with triple monitors at all. Every other game all 3 of my screens go black for 15-30 seconds, and then when they come back the game has closed itself.

It sounds like your CPU and or GPU is maxed out

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Megasabin posted:

It's in the latest patch notes that you shouldn't do multi monitor.

quote:

Bug fixes:

Added more support for non-standard aspect ratios. The game will now display at the correct FOV on aspect ratios ranging from 4:3 to 21:9. Multi-monitor environments such as Eyefinity are not recommended at this time.
Fixed an issue with the compass direction not displaying correctly

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's in the latest patch notes that you shouldn't do multi monitor.

I'm only running it one a single monitor. It just doesn't seem to like the 3 monitor set up in general. I guess that shouldn't be surprising given all the optimization issues it has.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Megasabin posted:

I'm only running it one a single monitor. It just doesn't seem to like the 3 monitor set up in general. I guess that shouldn't be surprising given all the optimization issues it has.

I have two monitors and play on my main screen. 60-80 fps with drops here and there. What are your specs?

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

bunky posted:

I have two monitors and play on my main screen. 60-80 fps with drops here and there. What are your specs?

Core i7-4790k @4ghz
Geforce Titan X
16gb Ram

It should be more than powerful enough to handle this game. When it's running I have 0 fps issues. It's only these crashes that's bothering me. I do run displayfusion to manage my 3 monitors. Not sure if that's having a bad interaction with the game.

Allegedly Allergic
Nov 3, 2002

Crazy Bus Person #3
I love it when you basically end up in the center of the final zone on your initial drop, and spend the entire round shotgunning people in the face while hiding in a closet.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
So I found out tonight watching Fairlight_Excalibur that the beginning spawn map is actually a place you can get to. Its in the top right corner and can be reached by boat. Looks like a pretty good loot spot for anyone willing to ride the blue wall.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Drone_Fragger posted:

Red dots are objectively better becasue you still have the same aim point (A red dot) but they don't take up an ungodly amount of screen space like the holo sights while you're zoomed in. Not much of a difference really but it's enough for me to never use a holo sight if I have a red dot handy.

Does the red dot give you the tiny bit of zoom when you hold shift though?

Also - you can steady your aim while you hold shift, I've played so long without realising that.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I could use a firing range or a training mode, I really suck in this game and can't handle the weapons for poo poo.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I could use a firing range or a training mode, I really suck in this game and can't handle the weapons for poo poo.

just jump into the poo poo--find a hot zone in solo, go for a weapon and start hunting

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
I'm really hoping they add TrackIR support sometime down the line. Arma and War Thunder and whatnot have gotten me spoiled, and I don't have enough fingers to alt-look all the time.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Just made it to top 3 in a squad of 3 random people. I had 9 kills and I'm pretty sure the other 2 people had at least 6 each.

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

Ostentatious posted:

just jump into the poo poo--find a hot zone in solo, go for a weapon and start hunting

I'm with emanresu tnuocca. Games like this I like to be able to gently caress with the control setup, fumble around with all of the different weapons and mechanics, and even explore environments in a way that allows me to have access to all of it without any danger around. At the very least there needs to be a way to start a local game without any other players. Ideally it would be the following... a mode where:

• You can teleport around on the map at any time.
  • You can spawn any item the game has on the ground right in front of you any time.
  • You can spawn various AI targets with varying levels of defensive gear to shoot at wherever you want.
  • Has the ability to disable red zone and blue zone encroachment so you can just gently caress around indefinitely.

Given what the official website says about the ability to mod the game, I imagine none of the above is ever going to be in the main game and they'll rely on some dedicated nerds to create these test ranges. So your advice is probably the best possible course of action.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
This game is very janky. It's not a problem because it's Early Access and I'm having fun regardless, but when people said this was very solid I didn't realise they meant specifically compared to games like DayZ and H1Z1. I went in thinking it was almost standard game release quality and it's definitely not that.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

This is the best of what we got right now, people who love this genre are willing to overlook the problems. Either PUBG will be optimized or something better will come along, the demand is obviously there.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I'm hoping next weeks patch does something for that, getting really tired of warping players and hit registering being all over the place.

Most recent match, I killed like 4 people in a row with short M16 bursts no problem, got into top 5 and found a guy camping in a shed. He shot the door when I was way out of it, which somehow counted as hits.
I chased him around the shed emptying nearly a whole clip into him, complete with blood splatters showing hits. He turns around and kills me with one UMP shot (full level 2 armor + level 3 helmet).

Pretty much all of my games end in similar crap.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Metanaut posted:

I'm hoping next weeks patch does something for that, getting really tired of warping players and hit registering being all over the place.

Most recent match, I killed like 4 people in a row with short M16 bursts no problem, got into top 5 and found a guy camping in a shed. He shot the door when I was way out of it, which somehow counted as hits.
I chased him around the shed emptying nearly a whole clip into him, complete with blood splatters showing hits. He turns around and kills me with one UMP shot (full level 2 armor + level 3 helmet).

Pretty much all of my games end in similar crap.

M16 burst is crazy deadly up close. It shreds people in seconds, it's wonderful.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Mesadoram posted:

M16 burst is crazy deadly up close. It shreds people in seconds, it's wonderful.

And with an ACOG scope it's a great long range weapon.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Just a reminder that holding your weapon up when facing a wall is clientside and for everyone else the whole gun will stick trough the wall giving away your position.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Paradigmata posted:

Just a reminder that holding your weapon up when facing a wall is clientside and for everyone else the whole gun will stick trough the wall giving away your position.

Also, don't hug walls when you don't have to because any body part sticking through can be shot.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

If you drive a vehicle against a thin wall someone in the car can shoot through it.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Futuresight posted:

This game is very janky. It's not a problem because it's Early Access and I'm having fun regardless, but when people said this was very solid I didn't realise they meant specifically compared to games like DayZ and H1Z1. I went in thinking it was almost standard game release quality and it's definitely not that.

DayZ SA set the bar extremely low.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Welcome to the future EA hellscape.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
So many crybabies. Play better.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

abigserve posted:

Does the red dot give you the tiny bit of zoom when you hold shift though?

Also - you can steady your aim while you hold shift, I've played so long without realising that.

You get the zoom on steady even with no optic. It's a good way to peek something in the distance a bit.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm torn between playing it safe and hiding from everyone (which usually lets me score higher) and playing aggressively, dropping into cities and going for kills (which I feel is probably helping me get better at weapon handling and muscle memory for movement).

"Git gud" is hard.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Just bought this and played a few matches. It doesn't seem to completely suck like most games in this genre!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Aranan posted:

I'm torn between playing it safe and hiding from everyone (which usually lets me score higher) and playing aggressively, dropping into cities and going for kills (which I feel is probably helping me get better at weapon handling and muscle memory for movement).

"Git gud" is hard.

I like to go full aggro early game because pubbies have no idea what to do when you're pushing them with a shotty or a m16 on burst. I just finished a round where I dropped on the roof of the admin building at the jail, found an m16, let the pubbies kill each other then shot the two remaining ones and got all their sweet loot. Made it to top ten with this pro Strat until some dick dying in the blue zon shot me in the back from 300m away

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The mad dash to a pistol or shotgun as soon as you land if somebody lands in the same area as you is great. Half the time they don't realize you were nearby and croak right off the bat.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
I wish that I could load into another game from the death menu while the adrenaline is still pumping.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I always quickly grab ammo as they pick up the gun, ensuring I can whoop their rear end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Boy you feel like a real idiot when you get the drop on someone but can't finish the kill.

• Locked thread