Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Yeah it exists. It's just it usually consists of being obnoxious. We can't even claim to make good comedies anymore. When was the last good British comedy? What the gently caress happened there? It's a wasteland.
Honestly I'm having to think as far back as Dinnerladies. And jeez, Dinnerladies was a long time ago now.

Wait, hang on, Phoenix Nights.

Jeez, Phoenix Nights was a long time ago now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Inside number 9? The Trip?

hand-fed baby bird
May 13, 2009
Car Share is alright. Haven't seen any of the new one though. House of Fools wasn't that long ago. Toast of London either.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 minutes!
I don't like the Trip.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

The IT Crowd is very good, although that ended in 2014.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

hakimashou posted:

I always figured that immigrants were people who moved to another country permanently with a view toward becoming citizens, and expats were people living in another country temporarily.

"Migrant worker' seems to be the downgraded version of expat used for people from poor countries.

you are technically correct, but I have met people living in Vietnam who have been here for 10 years who still call themselves expats.

I refer to myself as an immigrant because I intend to live in Vietnam for the foreseeable future. The word immigrant has developed negative connotations so no Europeans or Americans like the word as for once it makes them feel like they are undesirable.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

My Family is the best UK sitcom

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Ratjaculation posted:

My Family is the best UK sitcom

Inbetweeners for me, followed closely by The Young Ones, and The IT Crowd.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Someone said the UK doesnt produce good comedies or comedians anymore but I don't believe it one bit.

Ever heard of Jeremy Corbyn or his supporters?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The best new British sitcom is the John Cleese one that hasn't aired yet. He's Taking Back Comedy™.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Manic X posted:

Inbetweeners for me, followed closely by The Young Ones, and The IT Crowd.

Inbetweeners is insanely bad

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

hakimashou posted:

Someone said the UK doesnt produce good comedies or comedians anymore but I don't believe it one bit.

Ever heard of Jeremy Corbyn or his supporters?

Ever heard of poor conservatives? That joke never gets old.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

fridge corn is a BUS WANKER

hand-fed baby bird
May 13, 2009

fridge corn posted:

i like the david mitchell impersonator

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ratjaculation posted:

fridge corn is a BUS WANKER

he's american

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Jose posted:

he's american

yo, i hear buses are a common method of mass transit in the united states, friend.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

he's american
There was an American Inbetweeners with fat Jay.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

i like riding the bus

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

fridge corn posted:

Your opinions are bad.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Jose posted:

he's american

im an immigrant and an expat and a citizen

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

PM is making a statement at Downing Street at 11:15, which is unusual. Wonder what that's about. An election?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Today could be interesting.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

She is going to gently caress a pigs head, live one telly.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TheHoodedClaw posted:

PM is making a statement at Downing Street at 11:15, which is unusual.

Theresa May posted:

How often have you noticed the numbers 11:11, 12:12, 10:10, 22:22, 12:34, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 or 5:55 popping up all over the place? These number sequences are not necessarily only time prompts. They can also be number sequences, like 333, 1111 etc. To your mind, is this a coincidence, or are they too frequent to be random? Perhaps you are puzzled or amused by this phenomenon? Possibly even a little bit nervous? The question everyone is asking is "What does 11:11 mean?" and "Is there a reason for this?" And there certainly is. :2bong:
Should have waited until Thursday really. :420:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Should have waited until Thursday really. :420:

Okay I googled this and found the exact same paragraph in two books by two totally different authors. Is this some known galtse?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Outnumbered was pretty good.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

If its an election just lol

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Whatever it is, it'll overshadow Scottish Labour's 11am local election launch.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
Since when has Sainsbury's been seen as a bit posh? It's always been one of the "every day" supermarkets to me, same level as Asda, Tesco, and Morrisons. Waitrose and M&S are posh, and then Lidl and Aldi are budget. And then Farmfoods is just trash.

What's bets on today's No. 10 announcement? Twitter is falling over itself to predict whether it'll be a snap election, a surprise resignation, or war with North Korea.

Anyone know where I'll be able to livestream the announcement? (I'm overseas at the moment so iPlayer won't work)

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Ewan posted:

What's bets on today's No. 10 announcement? Twitter is falling over itself to predict whether it'll be a snap election, a surprise resignation, or war with North Korea.

Anyone know where I'll be able to livestream the announcement? (I'm overseas at the moment so iPlayer won't work)

".. And so, I regret, we are now at war with Spain"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I doubt its war just cause its specifically seems tied to end of Easter recess

Will probably be something real boring.

Then again might be going for another Cameron style punt at a vote on syria

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Okay I googled this and found the exact same paragraph in two books by two totally different authors. Is this some known galtse?
Numerology wankers are a plagiarizing bunch.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
this is bad for corbyn

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Just searching around online and I think someone on Reddit has worked it out what it is -

The Northern Ireland deal ended yesterday (all be it with Talks still on going), so she is going to announce return of direct rule of Northern Ireland. Would expect an announcement today and it would be done by her, so it does add up.

ukle fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 18, 2017

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jeremy = 6
Bernad = 6
Corbyn = 6

:pseudo:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ewan posted:

Since when has Sainsbury's been seen as a bit posh? It's always been one of the "every day" supermarkets to me, same level as Asda, Tesco, and Morrisons. Waitrose and M&S are posh, and then Lidl and Aldi are budget. And then Farmfoods is just trash.

Sky News streams live on Youtube so you could watch it there I'd imagine.

Anyway, on the more important topic of supermarkets, I think Sainsbury's always felt a bit more expensive than Tesco & Morrison. Seems like it's not quite M&S but also not quite Tesco.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Brokenshire gave an extended deadline to early may for the NI talks.

Could be pulling that away of course as the 18th was the second deadline

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
So options are:

- Snap election. Seems realistic, and a good time for the Tories to do it. But Theresa May has a very strong and long-held reputation for holding a view and sticking with it, and has for a long time been ruling out an early election. It'd have to get through Parliament, but can't see it being blocked.

- Some war-related announcement (troops to Syria, something on North Korea). Seems highly unlikely. There's not really been any ratcheting up, and any sort of decision to commit troops will by convention be voted on in Parliament. Even if she was just announcing a vote - by this point, there would have been enough behind the scenes whipping etc that it would have leaked.

- Resignation. Pretty unlikely, unless she has a major health or personal issue that has suddenly arisen or has been well hidden.

- Liz is dead. Hmm, you never know.

- Reversal on Brexit. Lol yeah right

- Something entirely innocuous.

I reckon election or something massively anti-climatic.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Sky News streams live on Youtube so you could watch it there I'd imagine.

Anyway, on the more important topic of supermarkets, I think Sainsbury's always felt a bit more expensive than Tesco & Morrison. Seems like it's not quite M&S but also not quite Tesco.

Thanks - that stream works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Shes going to announce the new colour of Brexit.

• Locked thread