Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Popete posted:

1x Physical Fitness Training Center - $150,000
1x Firing Range - $75,000
1x Field Hospital and Staff - $200,000

Bogdons Cousin He will take over our Firing Range and get the boys in fighting shape.

Total = $500,000

I really think getting our guys trained up should be a high priority early on. The field hospital as well should be a big priority, cause we are likely gonna get shot the hell up.

As for weapons, maybe we should give each recruit an allowance? Say $10k each and pick out whatever you want.

This plan sounds swell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Phi, did you see my questions regarding the various radios? Also BAR and 870 stat blocks if possible.

I'll submit a proposal after that (though I don't really have any issues with Popete's, I feel mine would be very similar).

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Popete posted:

Bogdons Cousin He will take over our Firing Range and get the boys in fighting shape.

Total = $500,000

I really think getting our guys trained up should be a high priority early on. The field hospital as well should be a big priority, cause we are likely gonna get shot the hell up.

As for weapons, maybe we should give each recruit an allowance? Say $10k each and pick out whatever you want.

This but with the addition of the Comms Centre

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zaodai posted:

Phi, did you see my questions regarding the various radios? Also BAR and 870 stat blocks if possible.

I'll submit a proposal after that (though I don't really have any issues with Popete's, I feel mine would be very similar).

Bogdan isn't letting us inspect the goods, all we know is that the BAR shoots 30-06 and the 870 is a pump-action 12 gauge.

However a personal radio is like, a walkie talkie. A headset is more expensive because its one of those fancy shmancy voice-activated radios that you wear around your neck w/ an earpiece. Real specops stuff. Extremely lightweight compared to a normal radio.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Phi230 posted:

Bogdan isn't letting us inspect the goods, all we know is that the BAR shoots 30-06 and the 870 is a pump-action 12 gauge.

However a personal radio is like, a walkie talkie. A headset is more expensive because its one of those fancy shmancy voice-activated radios that you wear around your neck w/ an earpiece. Real specops stuff. Extremely lightweight compared to a normal radio.

So a headset radio, functionally, can do everything the personal radio can (as far as bands it can talk on, etc).

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zaodai posted:

So a headset radio, functionally, can do everything the personal radio can (as far as bands it can talk on, etc).

Yes and its lighter. However it is like the personal radio in that it has a distance of only a few kilometers, and is impacted by terrain like mountains. You would need a long range radio backpack to communicate all the way back to base, or with air support.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Phi230 posted:

Yes and its lighter. However it is like the personal radio in that it has a distance of only a few kilometers, and is impacted by terrain like mountains. You would need a long range radio backpack to communicate all the way back to base, or with air support.

I figured that'd be a fair limitation. Thanks.

I'll be drafting up a proposal within the next hour or so. I would request that people voting at least consider it before making a final decision (plus any other proposals that come in). Really, voting when there's only one option is kind of silly. :v:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Like I said, there's gonna be a few days to consider this one since you all are hellbent on blowing 75% of the budget.

Choose wiselyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
We should buy all the molotovs because a big enough fire will do much of the fighting for us.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Phi230 posted:

Like I said, there's gonna be a few days to consider this one since you all are hellbent on blowing 75% of the budget.

Choose wiselyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Speaking of wise investments. Since Bogdan appears to be such a fine upstanding businessman, does he have any aftermarket parts for our Geo Metro? I feel like a giant spoiler and some shiny rims would increase its combat effectiveness.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cathode Raymond posted:

We should buy all the molotovs because a big enough fire will do much of the fighting for us.

Regarding the revelation of Commander Snake's mental state, we better stay well away from fire as he may revert to the character that Kurt Russel played in backdraft, limiting our training, intelligence, and combat options.

Its preferable to influence Commander Snake in either maintaining the role of Snake Plissken, or maybe influencing him to adopt the persona of Jack Burton or R.J. MacReady, given what performance we may need out of him at a given situation.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

We need Wyatt Earp Kurt Russell. We'll be the hell coming with him.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Quinntan posted:

This but with the addition of the Comms Centre

I left it out because it's expensive and I'm not really sure it'll do much for us at this time that a few walkie talkies won't do. Picking up some support weapons would be higher on my list as well as keeping cash reserves for when we lose recruits.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
On the other hand, do you think that a bunch of basic flunkies would have even half a clue about co-ordinating communications in the field? Not a hope. Communications is the most important element to modern combat operations nowadays, to neglect it would be a very bad move for us.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Our Comms Team has been seen google translating the terms "SIGINT" and "Electronic Warfare"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Popete posted:

Total = $500,000

This looks good to me.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Telsa Cola posted:

Heavy Bolters are .98 or whatever if I remember correctly. Astarte pattern are .75. The human sized ones I think are the same caliber but its mention that you still need aguments or power armor to use one without breaking your arms in the fluff. Caphius Cain uses a bolt pistol but his hands are bionics which helps. The only non astartes that use actual bolters are sisters of battle and they both have their own bolter pattern and all wear power armor.

No, Cain uses a laspistol. The model for the cover art uses a bolt pistol though. :v:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

xthetenth posted:

No, Cain uses a laspistol. The model for the cover art uses a bolt pistol though. :v:

Thats what was messing me up, drat propaganda poster. There is someone who does use a bolt pistol and its noted they can only really do so because they bionics.

When I get out of class for the day I might draft up a proposal as well if I can think of something better than what was put forward. Though as our first real purchase I feel pretty confident that we can spend 50%ish of our funds and not be screwed in the long run.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 19, 2017

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wait, I'm slightly confused.

Is this our base back in Frankfurt that's being upgraded, or is it some kind of mobile arrangement?

Also, having individual soldiers choosing their own equipment seems like a good idea on paper, but there should be some level of standardisation. Making sure everyone's using the same type of ammo (at least when it comes to rifles/sidearms). Certainly

Seems like Bogdan's cousin, aside from the benefits he provides us directly, might come in handy in potential Angolan ops - he might be able to help establish a cadre of well-trained locals when it comes to the kind of heavy gear we ourselves can't really carry right now, as they either capture or buy the big stuff, assuming we can spare him.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

For weapons, I'm looking long and hard at those Heckler & Koch HK91s. They're basically semi-auto G3s, which makes them extremely easy to use as a quick and dirty marksman's rifle. Angola is likely to have some longer ranges involved, so a powerful battle rifle that can be fitted with a scope is going to be a boon over our M16s.

The PPSh-41 is a bullet hose, but it would only really be useful for building raids and that's about it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Johnson because we have to hire everyone who is a movie character.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Phi are the prices for the number of items listed? Or are the prices per item and that's how many are available for purchase?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yvonmukluk posted:

Wait, I'm slightly confused.

Is this our base back in Frankfurt that's being upgraded, or is it some kind of mobile arrangement?

Also, having individual soldiers choosing their own equipment seems like a good idea on paper, but there should be some level of standardisation. Making sure everyone's using the same type of ammo (at least when it comes to rifles/sidearms). Certainly

Seems like Bogdan's cousin, aside from the benefits he provides us directly, might come in handy in potential Angolan ops - he might be able to help establish a cadre of well-trained locals when it comes to the kind of heavy gear we ourselves can't really carry right now, as they either capture or buy the big stuff, assuming we can spare him.

Our base is mobile, everything we buy for base upgrades comes with us when we move AOs. We are currently somewhere in Tibet.

Popete posted:

Phi are the prices for the number of items listed? Or are the prices per item and that's how many are available for purchase?

Price per item with amount available for purchase.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Cash Money Woes

Starting Funds: $945,000

Gear
Flak Jackets - $1500 x 4 = $6000 - A little armor if we need to some protection for front liners.
US Infantry Helmets (1987) - $150 x 12 = $1800 - Nobody wants to end up like a Chinese radar tech.
Binoculars - $600 x 6 = $3600 - Enough for every other person. Just in case.
Radio Headset - $1200 x 10 = $12000 - Lightweight personal radios. A godsend. Buy the whole stock.
Personal Radio - $400 x 6 = $2400 - Some spares and handsets for the guys who don't get headsets.
Long Range Backpack Radio - $15000 x 1 = $15000 - Going to be necessary for communicating to base and calling in airstrikes. We'll want a dedicated comms guy in the field at some point.
Entrenching Tool - $100 x 5 = $500 - In case we need to dig a shitter or a trench, or bash some guys head in.

Sub-total = $41,300

Weapons
I second the idea that each trooper get a stipend for weapons, though I think we should pick up some 870s and that BAR.
$10k per person would be $120k, plus a little slush for overages, we'll say $150,000 as a budget.

Sub-total = $150,000

Running total = $191,300

Base Upgrades
All in all, they're all fairly useful. I think the comms center is probably the least useful here, but that's just a gut feeling. Much like the existing proposal, I think we splurge for the other 3 options.

Physical Fitness Training Center - $150,000
Firing Range - $75,000
Field Hospital (and Staff!) - $200,000

Sub-total = $425,000
Running Total = $616,300

Personnel
I'm kind of torn here. We're short on remaining money, but the CIA operative is an obvious choice. To have Bogdan's Cousin stay on as range master is an extra $50,000, making it a bit nearer of a race. In the end, I think being better at recon, having more options for recruits to grow our numbers, and improving our troops overall makes him the best choice for what we're going to do.

Jerry Masterson, potential CIA goat-fucker - $200,000

Sub-total = $200,000

Grand Total = $816,300

Remaining Funds - $128,700

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I like this plan

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I also support cash money woes.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'd prefer we go with Bogdon so he can train us on the firing range and save us money. Also we should think about picking up a support weapon, I would love to work on my mortar skills :getin:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Popete posted:

I'd prefer we go with Bogdon so he can train us on the firing range and save us money. Also we should think about picking up a support weapon, I would love to work on my mortar skills :getin:

I assume that Jerry's "general improvement" includes at least some weapons training, and the extra $50k to have Bogdan's Cousin stay on as a range officer kind of made the difference IMO.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Strike Command thread is discussing what to get you for Christmas, if you want to post your wishlists.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Loel posted:

Strike Command thread is discussing what to get you for Christmas, if you want to post your wishlists.

Iowa Class BB w/ 9x 16'' guns, for which there are rules in phoenix command

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

A helicopter would be nice.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Telsa Cola posted:

A helicopter would be nice.

I'm pretty sure we are barely capable of driving a car let alone a chopper.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Phi230 posted:

Iowa Class BB w/ 9x 16'' guns, for which there are rules in phoenix command

Do you want to melt from stress?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Powder blue Nissan Stanza.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

Do you want to melt from stress?

this is fun imo

we need guns that do 550,000 base damage and threaten everything in a 40 hex diameter.

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 19, 2017

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Popete posted:

I'm pretty sure we are barely capable of driving a car let alone a chopper.

Im imagining that Yooper will buy one and in missions he will designate an operations area for the chopper to be in which will allow us to call in airstrikes if this makes sense. This would mean that the operations requesting air support in this thread would have to run after or concurrently with the other one which may be too much effort.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 19, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

While this is a generous offer, I think it would still be best to try and save money where possible. This talk of buying a tank for instance, surly we can get similer results(and save alot of money) by just bolting the QF 17 pounder to the Hatchback. No need for anything so fancy.

macdjord
Oct 26, 2013

Telsa Cola posted:

There is someone who does use a bolt pistol and its noted they can only really do so because they bionics.
Pretty sure all the senior officers in his unit use bolt pistols, and none of them have bionics.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I for one refuse to be a money sink for those cowboys in metal whirlybirds

let's turn a profit before talking about earmarks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
What kind of plane has the wings go faster than the cabin, madness.

Speaking of turning profit, are there many paying jobs in Tibet? Or is it mostly going to be kidnapping people and then ransoming anyone who isn't more useful than the troopies?

• Locked thread