Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Adolf Glitter posted:

I need about 100 million xp for all my current reincarnated, With plenty more in the pipeline.

Is multiplayer dragon infestation the best way? Multiplayer is less stamina huh? I've never tried multiplayer, but I reckon my nerves can bear something that's impossible to gently caress up.

Is there a dischord for it? Oh, and is there some kind of push button team prefered?

Multiplayer is great, yes.

Some push button units:

Awoken Ra - All around great. Skill boosts and bind immunity (not useful for XP dragons but good for Tamadra infestation)
Ra TAMADRA/Bane - Downgrade of Ra, but fine with skill ups and enough skill boosts + multi
Lilith and poison units - Not great for multi, unless it's a final floor where you can just swipe any orb due to more time spent
Anji and def void - Anji is great for single because you can just swipe a color or two and wipe the board, but swiping is less useful in multi.
Grimmjow and Goemon type nukes - Grimmjow is faster than Ra and kills XP dragons even at full HP, so great if you have em
Nuke + board change angels - Ok but slow board change

I personally use Ra/Ra TAMADRA/Bane/Anji/Awoken Lucifer for my main and Ra/Grimmjow/Bane/Ra/Honjo on my alt and never had any issue with it for farming. It's the most efficient teams I have for both accounts and multi guarantees all their skills are up.

Taiko no Tatsujin is a good place to farm Solar Lazer skillups for Non-awoken Ra, Ra TAMADRA and Bane.

I also find Ruby dragons, both 10/20 and 25/50 stam to be one of the most efficient XP overall (please correct me if I'm wrong), and Metal to be the least effective (atm), so Tues - Fri are the best days for XP grinding.

Rogue King Carnival and Fat King Metal Dragon are also pretty decent XP gains.

Hope that helps!

Now for a bit of content:

This, and another odd monster appeared on my list lately from high ranking players. Why?

Challenge 1-10 was a surprisingly lucky and easy first try clear this time! :)

...Except for Challenge 8. God drat it, I tried at least 4 times before I finally managed to claw my way through victory, dying every time at Leilan.

Thank god.

boo_radley posted:

Puzzles and Dragons 12.0: Watch me whip, watch me Mei Mei

Puzzle and Dragons 12.0: Your Ma-Chao skill gives me wood!
Puzzle and Dragons 12.0: Devastating seven day Shiva-h call
Puzzle and Dragons 12.0: Yo yo yo, mi?! Change the world?!
Puzzle and Dragons 12.0: Amon-ster I'll swole-ly fight owl alone
Puzzle and Dragons 12.0: Don't ig-Nordis brave rival
Puzzle and Dragons 12.0: The Urd-ge to Reminiscence is Norn-mal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Adolf Glitter posted:

Is there a dischord for it? Oh, and is there some kind of push button team prefered?

https://discord.gg/DX6Tt

There you go!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Thanks guys :-)

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Coming back to this game after a long, loooong break. I have no idea what is going on. If I post my box, would anyone mind pointing me in the direction of a good team? Also, what is the most coherent way for me to post my box?

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
So why's reincarnated kushinadahime suddenly awesome according to the Japanese sites?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Because it works off a Haku system team and Haku is the best.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

The Biggest Jerk posted:

So why's reincarnated kushinadahime suddenly awesome according to the Japanese sites?

It's really good at clearing A3 with an optimal team. That's pretty much the whole of what the JP rankings mean now.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Well the theory goes consistent activation, very good damage control, unbindable lead, can use blue valk to pierce defense, and yeah the Haku system aspect.

In practice who knows. It sounds like she was good at arena 3 so the ranking sites threw her into #1.

[e]Derp beaten

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Zo posted:

like imagine a thread about a popular game in NA, say, dota 2, and everyone goes ballistic over the latest clickbait GameFAQs Power Ranking or Kotaku OP Hero List because that's what's happening lol

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
From what I've played of kush so far if you can't drop 8 combos minimum every turn you will not have a good time with her

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

dragon enthusiast posted:

From what I've played of kush so far if you can't drop 8 combos minimum every turn you will not have a good time with her

We've all been playing this game for 4 years now. 8 combos as a minimum should be where everyone is.

Now ask me how I hosed up against Lucifer twice on floor 9 this morning.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I figure at least some of the hype is because there hasn't been a good combo lead besides NY Yomi in forever, and combo leads are just the most fun things to play, so people want Kushi to be amazing so they have an excuse to run a combo lead.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We've all been playing this game for 4 years now. 8 combos as a minimum should be where everyone is.

Speak for yourself, there's a reason I stuck to Isis for so long :shobon:

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Captain France posted:

I figure at least some of the hype is because there hasn't been a good combo lead besides NY Yomi in forever, and combo leads are just the most fun things to play, so people want Kushi to be amazing so they have an excuse to run a combo lead.

Revo Anubis has been great ever since he got buffed.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Speak for yourself, there's a reason I stuck to Isis for so long :shobon:

Yeah.... 6+ ok sure, I can do that every time. 8-10+ Nope, only when lucky or with a good board.

barge
Jun 12, 2006

Man this game is really hard to come back to after a break, there are way too many new evos to keep track of

I wish they had the challenge with the ra dragon fixed team up when he was still in the store, if I knew how much fun he was I woulda just bought him instead of saving up points for I don't know what :(

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015

Superschaf posted:

Revo Anubis has been great ever since he got buffed.

What does an actual Anubis team look like nowadays? Was playing around last week with R.Anubis/Romia/Romia/R.Indra/R.Yomi/R.Anubis because I'm bad and want 19 fingers.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Missing Fox posted:

What does an actual Anubis team look like nowadays? Was playing around last week with R.Anubis/Romia/Romia/R.Indra/R.Yomi/R.Anubis because I'm bad and want 19 fingers.

anubis/diaochan/diaochan/utility/utility/anubis

or

anubis/gunma/utility/utility/utility/anubis

Utility comes in the form of like true damage, gravity, delays and shields etc so like an inherited Orochi, Reincarnated Indra, Reincarnated Ra are pretty handy.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 18, 2017

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Good subs, besides Gunma/Diaochan for activating a skill every turn, have useful skills and/or great stats (read lots of HP, Anubis doesn't care about attack and recovery much).

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I started practicing recently w/ A.Kushi on easy content, in hopes of... well, I'm not sure if I'll ever git gud, but at least improve enough to use R.Kushi for some actual hard stuff. Usually get 7 off a given board now without having to plan the moves (which is indeed an improvement over the 6 w/ planning I was used to getting), but 8 is infrequent and 9+ is very rare. Hoping by the time she gets here I can at least do 7 w/ prong and/or 8+ consistently.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Playing 3p co-op Arena in JP, Anubis is really popular. I haven't been keeping track of numbers, but he might be beating even Radra/DAth/Meliodas in the number of people who bring him to 3p Arena.

Of course, half of the people who bring him are bad at it. Teams with a bunch of orb changers with no utility, no dedicated activation monkey, and they fail to hit the combo count and die on an early turn.

Anubis does not need to be run monodark anymore. His LS no longer requires dark attribute and he does so much damage that we're back to the days where you just bring whatever subs you need regardless of color. The beanie starter dragons can be used for 1 CD if you're too lazy to build up a Gunma. You use your utility subs to cover for your lack of HP boost, which subs are right is going to be dungeon dependent.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I thought R Kush came out. Why can't I reincarnate her?

Edit: NM it isn't out.

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 18, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

because she didn't

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have Anubis and I'll never use him.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

a shameful noodle boy

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:same:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Look at this Anoobis. :mrgw:

I'll see myself out.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Well, if you're like me, you cleared the combo count, only to realize a split second too late that you forgot to match the colors you needed to actually deal damage to him. :v:

Munkaboo posted:

I thought R Kush came out. Why can't I reincarnate her?

Edit: NM it isn't out.

Nah, she's not out yet, we just love to talk about leaders we probably won't get in NA for at least another month or two. ;)

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:same:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

SweetJahasus posted:

I'll see myself out.

Join us.

Just Revoed Astaroth and fed her a poo poo load of snowglobe dragons. It almost feels like cheating to have a devil that's a decent healer .

Had my eyes on Revo ammy, but she hasn't come to make yet. Soon, my precious, soon.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

quote:

Acquiring Experience Fodder (NA)
- The following is a listing of the most efficient way to get monster experience, sorted by color
- Numbers in parentheses represent efficiency, calculated by monster experience gained per stamina point
- Efficiency listing assumes that all drops from the listed dungeon are fed to the listed color
- The schedule is: Monday = Metal; Tuesday = Ruby; Wednesday = Sapphire; Thursday = Emerald; Friday = Gold

Fire: -- Ruby lower (33900) > Ruby upper (26100) > SKC (22727)
Water: -- Ruby lower (22600) > SKC (22443) > Sapphire upper (18600)
Wood: -- Ruby lower (22600) > SKC (22443) > Emerald upper (18600)
Light: -- Gold lower (29865) > SKC (23721) > Gold upper (23700)
Dark: -- SKC (22727) > Ruby lower (22600) > Gold lower (19910)

From the Discord (^fodder command), I'm pretty sure this info is still up to date. "Ruby lower" means the 10 stamina (20 outside coop) dungeon and "Ruby upper" is the 25 stam (50 outside coop) one.

They're so imbalanced because some of them have been buffed and others haven't been (gold/ruby are already buffed, dark is coming).

I don't think EKMD is ever efficient to run for exp, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

gently caress this fire cat dragon challenge. I just spent 150 stamina trying to farm a red devinyan and didn't even have a single one appear

Can't even get this fucker to show up and taunt me by not dropping

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Tir McDohl posted:

gently caress this fire cat dragon challenge. I just spent 150 stamina trying to farm a red devinyan and didn't even have a single one appear

Buy Gainaut Descended, guaranteed 3 DeviNyan spawn and drop.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

All of the advice except for this

Themata posted:

Awoken Ra - All around great. Skill boosts and bind immunity (not useful for XP dragons but good for Tamadra infestation)

is incorrect. Awoken Ra is perfect for XP dragons, he kills everything but extreme metal dragon with his active which means he's pretty much ideal with his two Skill boosts. A team of A Ra can be up turn one without even skilling them all up.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

SaffronKit posted:

All of the advice except for this

is incorrect. Awoken Ra is perfect for XP dragons, he kills everything but extreme metal dragon with his active which means he's pretty much ideal with his two Skill boosts. A team of A Ra can be up turn one without even skilling them all up.

Could probably be worded better but I think they were just referring to the bind immunity part. That is useful in the higher tier tama dungeon since there is a preemptive bind on the last floor.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rascyc posted:

Well the theory goes consistent activation, very good damage control, unbindable lead, can use blue valk to pierce defense, and yeah the Haku system aspect.

In practice who knows. It sounds like she was good at arena 3 so the ranking sites threw her into #1.

[e]Derp beaten

What's the Haku system? Is it like "you can hit 7-8c minimum every turn without fail" or something equally dumb?

I best most people who play this game can't even 5c reliably and less than 10%, hell probably less than 5%, can 7c with any sort of consistency. To say nothing of the 8c+ Anubis gently caress you crew.

cirus posted:

Buy Gainaut Descended, guaranteed 3 DeviNyan spawn and drop.

Pretty sure it's 3 of any color of them, not just red.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I best most people who play this game can't even 5c reliably and less than 10%, hell probably less than 5%, can 7c with any sort of consistency. To say nothing of the 8c+ Anubis gently caress you crew.

I can 5c + cross extremely reliably, 6c + cross regularly, 7c completely reliably if I'm focusing on pure combos. It's really not hard to do that. 8+ combos is when it gets iffy, but that's also a skillcheck that I know I can and should improve at.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
well revo kush is much easier than anubis since you don't need or want cascades

full comboing the board is much, much easier than full comboing the board while setting up multiple cascades

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
by the way the nice thing about anubis in multiplayer is that the sub slots are so flexible that you can abuse high hp coop boost awakening dudes to get a lot of hp naturally. see my team:

you can get well over 50k and probably over 60k with more optimization

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Revo Anubis and Kush are sounding pretty fun. I do like just comboing the poo poo out of the board. I'll have to check if my brother has either so we can make new MP teams.

He just finished skilling up his Myr so I really need to get off my rear end and finish that.

Tir McDohl posted:

Glad it's not just me. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Pretty sure it's 3 of any color of them, not just red.

Yeah, but at least you're guaranteed to see 3 DeviNyan with 1 drop as opposed to dumping stamina with nothing to show for it.