Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I'm voting for Menongue and here's my reasoning why:

A major facet of this campaign is going to be the capture of Lithium sites; each one we get is going to weaken the Dictator (and deny Reddit). While Lubango has solid resources around it (and some REALLY nice Radar coverage) the closest Lithium sites are in double coverage from enemy radar. We cross that border we're getting spotted and raising our threat level.

On the Menongue side, we've got 3 closely packed Lithium sites, all covered by 1 Radar. It's still risky, but we're looking at a much easier EW front, plus a much more forgiving Risk:Reward situation. Additionally the lower population possibly means the area is less "important" and the one airbase in that clump of Lithium could have less "high end" forces stationed there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I just wanna take a moment and thank Yooper on being an awesome GM for an amazing LP and spending his money to make things more enjoyable for everyone, I would love a way to pay you back yooper

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
See, sticking our SK60s/Hawks/Frogfoots in Menongue to support ops out that a-ways could help distract the Dictator's forces while the main thrust is along the coast.

If we can easily move aircraft around, we could have a pair of Gripens and Typhoons in Menongue to suppress the radars in the East while the CAS birds assist in an offensive to seize the mines, and move the fast movers back West to Lubango after they're not needed as much in the East.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Renaissance Spam posted:

I'm voting for Menongue and here's my reasoning why:

A major facet of this campaign is going to be the capture of Lithium sites; each one we get is going to weaken the Dictator (and deny Reddit). While Lubango has solid resources around it (and some REALLY nice Radar coverage) the closest Lithium sites are in double coverage from enemy radar. We cross that border we're getting spotted and raising our threat level.

On the Menongue side, we've got 3 closely packed Lithium sites, all covered by 1 Radar. It's still risky, but we're looking at a much easier EW front, plus a much more forgiving Risk:Reward situation. Additionally the lower population possibly means the area is less "important" and the one airbase in that clump of Lithium could have less "high end" forces stationed there.

Sound reasoning.

Menongue

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Counterpoint: there won't be two radars there for long

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Tetraptous posted:

Western Angola is the only part that matters.

I don't think it's a great idea to try and defend more than one airfield, so I vote we put everything in Lubago.

I'm convinced! Lubango, no split. If we split we run the very real risk of getting, I dunno, Camp Bastioned with a strung out defensive line.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I support Menongue for resource access reasons. We should stick to one base too, our base defense will work best concentrated

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Lubago, no split

Can we buy our infantry a Ratel IFV? Googling suggests it costs 250k, which we dont care about, and would let them be hella awesome in their campaign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratel_IFV

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product1128.html

Could even get two, we dont care about fractional millions.

Id like to get them some body armor, another LMG, maybe some M203s if we could too.

https://www.stripes.com/news/shipment-of-body-armor-vests-on-its-way-to-kuwait-iraq-bound-troops-1.15344 body armor costs 1.5k ea, which lol.
M60 is around 6k, and 4 M203s would be around 5k.

Loel fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 19, 2017

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Loel posted:

Lubago, no split

Can we buy our infantry a Ratel IFV? Googling suggests it costs 250k, which we dont care about, and would let them be hella awesome in their campaign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratel_IFV

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product1128.html

Could even get two, we dont care about fractional millions.

Id like to get them some body armor, another LMG, maybe some M203s if we could too.

https://www.stripes.com/news/shipment-of-body-armor-vests-on-its-way-to-kuwait-iraq-bound-troops-1.15344 body armor costs 1.5k ea, which lol.
M60 is around 6k, and 4 M203s would be around 5k.

I agree with this but let's also give them an extra 525k so they can buy an M4A3(76)W sherman tank and a T-34-76B

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tythas posted:

I agree with this but let's also give them an extra 525k so they can buy an M4A3(76)W sherman tank and a T-34-76B

We'll need more crew members, I think we have like 12 people on the ground. Having a mechanized platoon would double or triple that.

(As an aside, someday I would love to get some rocket artillery for my inner russian :ussr: )

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Loel posted:

We'll need more crew members, I think we have like 12 people on the ground. Having a mechanized platoon would double or triple that.

there are plenty of people in the reserves pool that can crew it

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Hell no, we gave them a million bucks and they spent it on Florida Man. They'd probably immediately sell it and use it to instead buy a series of replacement hatchbacks.

Also, Lubago.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

power crystals posted:

Hell no, we gave them a million bucks and they spent it on Florida Man. They'd probably immediately sell it and use it to instead buy a series of replacement hatchbacks.

Also, Lubago.

Florida Man only cost 75k, they are spending the rest on base improvements. Clearly, they are responsible infantry :911:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Honestly, if they want to fit out a bunch of Hi-Luxes I'd be fine with that.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Coffeehitler posted:

Honestly, if they want to fit out a bunch of Hi-Luxes I'd be fine with that.

Im picturing something like:

Phoenix Command, 2 Rafels, 2 tanks
Offmap Arty: 2 BM-30s
Indigenous support: 12 Hiluxes with up armor, mortar and MG mounts :D

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

power crystals posted:

Also, Lubago.

There is also a 17 Pounder British anti tank gun from WW2 we really need to buy. Give us money.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Loel posted:

Florida Man only cost 75k, they are spending the rest on base improvements. Clearly, they are responsible infantry :911:

My point of contention is not that they spent $75k on Florida Man, but that Florida Man is now $75k richer :colbert:.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

power crystals posted:

My point of contention is not that they spent $75k on Florida Man, but that Florida Man is now $75k richer :colbert:.

He cleared the radar allowing us a win that got us 500,000,000 dollarydoos :colbert:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Loel posted:

(As an aside, someday I would love to get some rocket artillery for my inner russian :ussr: )

Come now, we can't trust that weird outfit with all that cash. Let's drop them 300k so they can pick up some nice support weapons and be done with it.

I don't think we can make Phi field many more than the 12ish soldiers per mission that are active right now because that Phoenix command rule set is a goddam nightmare with lots of soldiers on the field.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Cathode Raymond posted:

Come now, we can't trust that weird outfit with all that cash. Let's drop them 300k so they can pick up some nice support weapons and be done with it.

I don't think we can make Phi field many more than the 12ish soldiers per mission that are active right now because that Phoenix command rule set is a goddam nightmare with lots of soldiers on the field.

Oh yeah, totally. Mechanically, it would be something like 'you guys have artillery support, press 1 to blow up the tank.'

I just want to give them that option :D

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Loel posted:

He cleared the radar allowing us a win that got us 500,000,000 dollarydoos :colbert:

A compelling argument, but a man's gotta have principles! Which is why according to last time I looked at the roster I'm now cowering in the nice air-conditioned trailer while you guys have to go get shot at.

It would be interesting to, say, let them call in SK60 strikes since we barely have any idea what to do with those. Just tell Phi he has to wait the correct number of impulses until the thing actually gets there :v:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

My procurement recommendation for this turn includes spending $15,000 (a princely sum, for us!) on a long range backpack radio so we can communicate with you chair force chaps. I suspect our first air strike will kill fully half our unit with friendly fire.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Don't trust Phi. What kind of monster only adds semi automatic MAC-10s?

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Yooper posted:

That's Angola.

Lubango Airport

Menogue Airport

So - Debate and Choose an Airfield! I'll get the ground forces map up soonish, but it ain't gonna be pretty.

Lubango is the only airport which can protect our Capital: Namibe. Every other location puts us on the opposite side of our capital compared to an enemy airbase, which means we risk not getting up in time to intercept a strike.
Here's a 450nm circle around Lubango; the unrefueled combat radius of our shortest leg striker (F4E with 2 GBU-24s). With tanking it's enough to hit anything in the country. If we need to strike some mine defenses in the East we can tank up and do that based from Lubango. Basing at Menoque only shortens our strike time. If we need to defend our capital we can only do that effectively from Lubango.

Keep all of our planes at Lubango for now.

Also, give our ground pounders all they need. It's peanuts to us anyway and it'll make a real difference to them swinging some bonus events our way.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
I also agree to a check for a million or two for the infantry.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Zaodai posted:

My procurement recommendation for this turn includes spending $15,000 (a princely sum, for us!) on a long range backpack radio so we can communicate with you chair force chaps. I suspect our first air strike will kill fully half our unit with friendly fire.

I'm still holding out for you guys to buy that flamethrower entirely because I want to see what kind of nightmare rules that thing involves.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

power crystals posted:

I'm still holding out for you guys to buy that flamethrower entirely because I want to see what kind of nightmare rules that thing involves.

... Can we buy them an immolator? http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Immolator

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Davin Valkri posted:

I also agree to a check for a million or two for the infantry.

I think we should earmark it with some useful and some useless stuff instead of just giving them a million.

Make them buy the 3 EOD suits, all the ppsh's, the QF 17 Pounder, all the flammable poo poo, etc. etc. maybe also buy them a comms center, some radios, and a mortar.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Cathode Raymond posted:

I think we should earmark it with some useful and some useless stuff instead of just giving them a million.

Make them buy the 3 EOD suits, all the ppsh's, the QF 17 Pounder, all the flammable poo poo, etc. etc. maybe also buy them a comms center, some radios, and a mortar.

Excuse me? We are responsible adults capable of making intelligent choices that will only further the Hired Goons cause!

*Buys a T-34*

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Popete posted:

Excuse me? We are responsible adults capable of making intelligent choices that will only further the Hired Goons cause!

*Buys a T-34*

*Gets hit with a 2x4 to decide who will drive it*

Very responsible decisions.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

We should buy them an Iowa Class Battleship

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tythas posted:

We should buy them an Iowa Class Battleship

"100 million per ship."

Hmmm....

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Loel posted:

"100 million per ship."

Hmmm....

it also gives us the bonus of funding pirates no one wants to gently caress with

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Loel posted:

"100 million per ship."

Hmmm....

That's in 1942 dollars. An Iowa would be over 1.55 billion in 2017 dollars, god knows how much in 203x dollars

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Phi230 posted:

That's in 1942 dollars. An Iowa would be over 1.55 billion in 2017 dollars, god knows how much in 203x dollars

Its good to have goals :3:

edit:

Proposal. Do we want to allocate 1% of each mission payoff to the grunts?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
While I appreciate your generosity you noble airgoons such an influx of money would break intended balance of the LP and make it less fun*tm

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

In that case Yooper, can we allocate assets to units not run by the Phoenix system (NPCs?) so we can knock out multiple radars? :D

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Loel posted:

Proposal. Do we want to allocate 1% of each mission payoff to the grunts?

I say yes but when they hit three missions of their own we cut them off

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Merc Chat

Ultimately it's up to Phi as to whether or not we can float more money at the ground component. How they spend it is up to them. Judging from the decision to hold a thunderdome, they'll spend it... interestingly.

Tythas posted:

I just wanna take a moment and thank Yooper on being an awesome GM for an amazing LP and spending his money to make things more enjoyable for everyone, I would love a way to pay you back yooper

No worries mate! The last time I went on a good drunk I spent more in one night than I've spent on oddball voice actors on Fiverr. I get a hell of a lot more entertainment out of this too.

Edit : Saw Phi's reply. We roll with his call. You'll have an opportunity to pick one of three truly professional Operatives. Our last one was an exceptional lobbyist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

My comments about the poverty of our gloroius ground troops were mostly in-character as a jest, if still strictly accurate. We're supposed to be an impovershed band of chucklefucks. It wouldn't be any fun if we could immediately buy everything Bogdan had in stock and all the base upgrades, just like you guys wouldn't have any fun if you could buy all the top of the line fighters you want. Window shopping gives you something to aspire to.

Do keep it in mind though when planning whether or not we can totally take out that NORAD base at Cheyenne mountain with our 12 guys in an economy car. You can pay us in respect for the blood we've shed to keep you from getting exploded. :argh: