Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It still boggles my mind (as does everything related to this ) that the backers aren't up in arms over Sandi

She gets paid what I can only imagine is way more than a marketing exec would normally get paid , plus is allowed to earn a paycheque doing all sorts of other projects

And unless she is working 22 hours a day there is no way she is putting in a full days work mon-fri at the cig office while filming her indie movies, tv shows, And varied other appearances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Let it be known across these lands, that I have - again - coined a new term for our dissenting poo poo-head brethren.

I present to you: Shitizen Army Against Dissent (SAAD)

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

D_Smart posted:

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Let it be known across these lands, that I have - again - coined a new term for our dissenting poo poo-head brethren.

:sad:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sappo569 posted:

It still boggles my mind (as does everything related to this ) that the backers aren't up in arms over Sandi

She gets paid what I can only imagine is way more than a marketing exec would normally get paid , plus is allowed to earn a paycheque doing all sorts of other projects

And unless she is working 22 hours a day there is no way she is putting in a full days work mon-fri at the cig office while filming her indie movies, tv shows, And varied other appearances

Admitting that the people who are making the game may not actually be making the game is some pretty deep steps towards realizing that the chances of there ever being a game even 10% close to the promises (haha, more like "maybe goals") made.

Sandi's abuse is very blatant. It takes real big balls to look at it and tell yourself that it's totally ok and I need to pledge more money to them.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, friend. But this one is a bit corny. :3

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

SAAD...Something Awful Against Derek?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The Titanic posted:

Glad Sandi is hard at work on a student movie about a cult when she has her very own cult in real life.

This is exactly what highly paid executives do for their multi national corporation struggling to release its first product while being years behind schedule.

Pfft. Marketing is going just fine, quit spreading FUD.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The Titanic posted:

Admitting that the people who are making the game may not actually be making the game is some pretty deep steps towards realizing that the chances of there ever being a game even 10% close to the promises (haha, more like "maybe goals") made.

Sandi's abuse is very blatant. It takes real big balls to look at it and tell yourself that it's totally ok and I need to pledge more money to them.

All the vanity projects aside , when you're the VP of anything for a 100+ million dollar multi national corporation , you're kind of expected to give your all into the position .

Sure time off , vacation , etc. But at the end of the day you're generally being paid very well to go that extra mile for the good of the company. And its investors (Or pledgers)

Showing up for 'work' in the middle of the day eating snacks and obviously high or hung over, then peacing out before the camera is even off... she would have been sent to rehab and poo poo canned after week 3 in a real company

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

gently caress maybe Sandi is really the best actress ever

It's all a long drawn out performance piece same as Jaquoin Phoenix did

It gives Chris the with a heavy heart article he needs when he lets Sandi go ... the hardest thing I've ever had to so etc, Oh btw the project is now floundered because she was the glue holding it together

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EFyBWMViKw&t=1310s

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, friend. But this one is a bit corny. :3

I know. That was the whole drat point :grin:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

D_Smart posted:

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

They're just called Shitizens, Derek.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Titanic posted:

Glad Sandi is hard at work on a student movie about a cult when she has her very own cult in real life.

This is exactly what highly paid executives do for their multi national corporation struggling to release its first product while being years behind schedule.

The worst part of the dream of Star Citizen is that the only dreams coming true are for the dirty people scamming other people.

She's using 'method acting' to improve her performances like those books and classes told her.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eldragon posted:

You're giving them way too much credit. Elite is a half dozen half-baked ideas cobbled together into a working game. SC is a legion of grandiose ideas cobbled together into a non-functional mess.

As soon as you get past the god-awful grind of Elite, the player only discovers more grind and :psyduck: design decisions. But it is at least a functional game; unlike SC.

The actual mechanics are still solid. The gameplay itself gets old quickly, I agree, but the mechanics are fun and have a lot of depth to them. There's just not a lot of reason to use them.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Star Citizen Tracker has been updated. All backers are welcome to contribute to this evidentiary effort.

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

Store: Towel

:smug: Does Elite: Dangerous have a towel?

wrap it up derek smartailures

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The Titanic posted:

Some day somebody is going to have a post mortem on CIG and I'd be curious if they tried to do everything while cutting as many corners as possible and literally falling into every pit because the easy way is never the right way for any big project. Like trying to cut it all up into "easy bites" and nothing ties together because nobody had a planned out template to follow.

this is both great and upsetting: i can't wait for the myriad of "what went wrong?" articles, but gosh i wish there were more people getting their scalpels out now

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWJvNRJWOFo

The comments are a toxic warzone :laffo:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

I love that some of these idiots still think the pvp slider is going to be a thing.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
This still makes me laugh every time.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...

Exinos posted:

I love that some of these idiots still think the pvp slider Star Citizen is going to be a thing.

Am I doing it right?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

This comment comes up a lot and always baffles me, and not just in the "Elite is actually delivering poo poo instead of simply talking about it" way or the "CIG doesn't actually say anything in their hundreds of videos," way. Like, what does it matter that Frontier may not be communicating with you quiiiiiite as much as CIG? Maybe it's because I'm an old, but I remember when the only time a developer communicated the status of a project is when they put it on the shelf at Babbage's. And with all the media coverage there is now, I can just go to MetaPolyEscKotIGNProSpot and read about upcoming games, maybe a look a little harder at a game that looks good and say, "Nice, I'll be sure to look for it when it releases on Junetember the tweenth" and then go about my day.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 20, 2017

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hmm didn't attach image so try that again

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

ComfyPants posted:

This comment comes up a lot and always baffles me, and not just in the "Elite is actually delivering poo poo instead of simply talking about it" way or the "CIG doesn't actually say anything in their hundreds of videos," way. Like, what does it matter that Frontier may not be communicating with you quiiiiiite as much as CIG? Maybe it's because I'm an old, but I remember when the only time a developer communicated the status of a project is when they put it on the shelf at Babbage's. And with all the media coverage there is now, I can just go to MetaPolyEscKotIGNProSpot and read about upcoming games, maybe a look a little harder at a game that looks good and say, "Nice, I'll be sure to look for it when it releases on Junetember the tweenth" and then go about my day.

Entitlement: it's the future

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"i don't care if what you tell me is lies, so long as you tell me a lot of them"

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Exinos posted:

I love that some of these idiots still think the pvp slider is going to be a thing.

Of course it's gonna be a thing. Here's the design process for it...

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Quavers posted:

Of course it's gonna be a thing. Here's the design process for it...

What's the original context for this gif, like what the hell was he talking about?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

TheAgent posted:

the one set to "oh Chris" was p good

I agree :v:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Meridian posted:

What's the original context for this gif, like what the hell was he talking about?

Dreams and poo poo.

Quite the visionary he is.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Meridian posted:

Wormholes.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Sappo569 posted:

Get this, maybe it's only the obsessive weirdos in this thread that care so much about the personal lives of CIG employees

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

ComfyPants posted:

This is based on personal preference of course, but a once week written "blog" from a developer going over what they solved, what problems they have yet to solve and generally what they are working on is about the drat easiest to digest within 10 minutes. Don't need some super edited video production every other day of the week for that. Well actually I do, for the laugh factor...but I digress.

God speed CIG. Continue on.

Jinkeez
Dec 31, 2008

How strange of a coincidence is it that the film's website has a few location photos watermarked by a company called RSI Locations? :psypop:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Booourns posted:

Get this, maybe it's only the obsessive weirdos in this thread that care so much about the personal lives of CIG employees
You mean her work-life?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Imagine if your account gimmick was to whine about everything everywhere all the time and after years of practice you couldn't even do it well.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jinkeez posted:

How strange of a coincidence is it that the film's website has a few location photos watermarked by a company called RSI Locations? :psypop:

quote:

RSI Locations represents a newly available property located on 302 acres next to Cal Poly Pomona. Formally a center for the developmentally disabled...

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Meridian posted:

http://imgur.com/isz3C20

This was shown like 3-4 years ago and backers apparently scrubbed it from their memory because realizing this was a staged cinematic with zero gameplay or coding involved they might realize everything else is like that too.

This is kinda relevant to the drone manufacturer staging videos to sell their product. The entire crux of that lawsuit was that they were misrepresenting their product with misleading videos showing a state of completion and functionality they didn't have.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 20, 2017

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Can't really blame people for getting excited about that, it looks dope honestly. The whole thing is just sad at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard