Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Xayah has 525 range and no dash so i'd expect people to just die on her a lot until they realize that she's more of a Sivir than a Lucian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

The Shortest Path posted:

So how are you building him, AS runes and warrior->tank?

AD runes (haven't tested lethality yet), Warrior, then typical game dependent Udyr stuff.

Way ahead? If your team has AOE: Triforce. If your team does not: Titanic Hydra. Q > E > W
On track? Tank and/or utility items. Stuff like Youmuu's, Dead Man's Plate, and Spirit Visage. Q > E >= W
Behind? Likely want to focus on full tank/CDR. W > E > Q

Note that new W ONLY gets shield value with rank now (and not an exceptional amount). All ranks give the 2.5% max HP recovery, which means this will often be a 1 point wonder. Still, as mentioned, there can be cause to rank it early for durability. This is especially true against high mobility and/or poke teams.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

Just run it in low spec mode, works great and doesn't leak RAM and crash constantly like Adobe Air

When the client still frequently does the "Session Expired" thing, then you realize what is the point.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Today I learned that every time a new champ is released I can just reroll three of the trillion useless champ shards I have to automatically get them.

I don't know why I thought that wasn't possible for so long.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm pretty sure it can still give you things you have?

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Nah, it always gives you something you don't have. It takes so many clicks though I don't think it's worth it to save like 1k IP.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

misguided rage posted:

Nah, it always gives you something you don't have. It takes so many clicks though I don't think it's worth it to save like 1k IP.

The two new champs today were 15600 together so 8-10 mouse clicks seemed like a good deal.

Orv
May 4, 2011

misguided rage posted:

Curse you key fragments limit.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
They're only 6300 each, and buying the champion shards costs 5100. I did it anyway but halfway through I started wondering why I bothered.

e: pretty much everything about the crafting interface irritates me but it's a pretty minor gripe really

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

misguided rage posted:

They're only 6300 each, and buying the champion shards costs 5100. I did it anyway but halfway through I started wondering why I bothered.

e: pretty much everything about the crafting interface irritates me but it's a pretty minor gripe really

6300 if you're gifting them to someone else, still 7800 for the first week if you're buying it for yourself

Orv
May 4, 2011
So who wants to gift me Rakan?

No really though, Xaryah (Xayah? who cares) seems like an ADC that The Good Xaryahs are going to be unstoppable gently caress machines and everyone else is going to flail about ineffectually with her ammo system. Or so it goes so far in my games.

Orv fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 19, 2017

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

*Miss Fortune spills into the comedy forum with the same tenacity that she spills into her silk blouse, both taxed to contain her*

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i too am an unstoppable gently caress machine, on and off the rift

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Turns out the new Maokai W is a lot slower.

How much slower you ask?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k65TfxINge4

Orv
May 4, 2011
Wait is it taking so long the VFX loop runs out and has to restart? :allears:

E: Oh it's cooldown. Still, that's terrible.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Maokai tries to lock down a Ahri or Lee? gets deposited behind the tower without his old ult to rely on.

Maokai gonna need a LOT of extra power to his skills if he is going to lose his old R's massive damage/utility.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Hey, if ya'll want one of the stupid bird champions, I can probably gift you one of them as I have a stupid amount of IP. If you have me on your friends list in League, send me a tell with which one you want. I'll keep the limit to one of them though for now so just lemme know which one you want!

Alternatively, if you still want one but are willing to wait, you can add me directly, IGN is Gromp Hellscream on NA. It takes two weeks apparently to send gifts, so there's a little delay before you can get your very own stupid bird champion.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 20, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Maokai tries to lock down a Ahri or Lee? gets deposited behind the tower without his old ult to rely on.

Maokai gonna need a LOT of extra power to his skills if he is going to lose his old R's massive damage/utility.

Plus this is his voice now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2RcRf34PiA

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Fizz is so much fun to play right now. Not that bs top tank but the good old full ap. I have the void skin but I don't really like how it looks in game don't know why I got it. I want to get Cottontail fizz. Does he have new effects?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ulio posted:

Fizz is so much fun to play right now. Not that bs top tank but the good old full ap. I have the void skin but I don't really like how it looks in game don't know why I got it. I want to get Cottontail fizz. Does he have new effects?

The shark is a giant nightmare rabbit.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Hey, if ya'll want one of the stupid bird champions, I can probably gift you one of them as I have a stupid amount of IP. If you have me on your friends list in League, send me a tell with which one you want. I'll keep the limit to one of them though for now so just lemme know which one you want!

Alternatively, if you still want one but are willing to wait, you can add me directly, IGN is Gromp Hellscream on NA. It takes two weeks apparently to send gifts, so there's a little delay before you can get your very own stupid bird champion.

The promo is only available for one week, so new friends won't work :(

Orv
May 4, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Servaetes posted:

I sent you a PM. Idk if you can get them though. But I'll take a bird adc please friend.
RC Cola in game

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Kiranamos posted:

The promo is only available for one week, so new friends won't work :(

drat. I thought I had most goons that play on NA added. Well, if you have me on your friends list, hit me up.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Ugh, at some point, I actually have to be friends with goons. :(

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

Ugh, at some point, I actually have to be friends with goons. :(

You really should. Honest to goodness, a large majority of the folks I've played with over the years are cool. Some can be grating sure, but League goons are good for the most part

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i legitimately cant imagine playing this game solo. and not just because like "oh you'll lose to the team with a duo queue they're more coordinated" but just its so much more fun to have friends to bullshit with and laugh at all of our dumb plays

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

In general I do a lot better in ranked when solo but I still prefer to play with friends so we flex queue a lot

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If you're still handing them out, Serv, I'd love the support bird man.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I traded my friend the Hot Topic bird and he promised he'd trade me the other one so we could lane and then the idiot had like 3k IP. rip

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Lol if you don't have tens of thousands of IP banked at all times

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

JerryLee posted:

Lol if you don't have tens of thousands of IP banked at all times

I have three accounts because my friends are of wildly varying degrees of skill and all want to play ranked with me....

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm not a loser that plays this 24/7

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

I would just like to take a moment out of your day to point out that the requirements for the above in theory aren't that bad, but goddamn is it a tremendous pain in the rear end having to deal with this poo poo in practice, and I question how much thought went into this decision in the first place.

Alris fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Apr 20, 2017

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Playing Poppy against Rakan is fun.. :)

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Alris posted:

I would just like to take a moment out of your day to point out that the requirements for the above in theory aren't that bad, but goddamn is it a tremendous pain in the rear end having to deal with this poo poo in practice, and I question how much thought went into this decision in the first place.

Just gotta be fast at locking in one or the other in a bot game and it's yours for free

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
bitch, who even uses icons? I got the meowkai one somehow and I'm probably gonna use that forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You're a bitch if you don't use Rose, Bear Paw, Blue Volcano or one of the old minion ones fo real

Also the new blitz with the brain might be decent

• Locked thread