Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Evil Fluffy posted:

What's the Haku system? Is it like "you can hit 7-8c minimum every turn without fail" or something equally dumb?

I best most people who play this game can't even 5c reliably and less than 10%, hell probably less than 5%, can 7c with any sort of consistency. To say nothing of the 8c+ Anubis gently caress you crew.
No it's just the Hakus hasting each other with their active. The more Hakus the more the haste compounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

cirus posted:

Yeah, but at least you're guaranteed to see 3 DeviNyan with 1 drop as opposed to dumping stamina with nothing to show for it.

Fire Carnival seems like it'd still be less frustrating since you can blitz it. :shrug:

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Evil Fluffy posted:

Fire Carnival seems like it'd still be less frustrating since you can blitz it. :shrug:

you do realize you're gonna need one of each color anyway, right

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You should do what I do and collect stupid poo poo like Devinyans anyway :v:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I've been practicing anubis and it is a lot of fun.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

robbob posted:

Could probably be worded better but I think they were just referring to the bind immunity part. That is useful in the higher tier tama dungeon since there is a preemptive bind on the last floor.

Ugh, I typed this up late at night and corrected something that didn't need correcting. I should have said 'all this advice is correct BUT this".

My bad.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

SaffronKit posted:

Ugh, I typed this up late at night and corrected something that didn't need correcting. I should have said 'all this advice is correct BUT this".

My bad.

Fwiw, I also typed up my post late night and should've been more clear about bind immunity only being useful for preventing Odin Tamadra binds like robbob said, not that Ra isn't useful overall or for XP dragons.

:shobon::hf::shobon:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

GungHo posted:

*Super Carnival!*
[Duration]: 4/21 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 4/27 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (UTC-8)

The Super Carnival arrives! Jewel Princesses like Carat and Legendary Heroes like Napoleon will be featured at increased bonus rates! To sweeten the pot, the featured monsters will appear at level 30!
*Select Monsters at Bonus Rates*

★6
Napoleon
Barbarossa
Robin Hood
Yang Guifei
Oda Nobunaga

★5
Silk
Carat
Cameo
Facet
Sheen

Gotta admit, it's seriously tempting.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well gently caress.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lookin forward to rolling a bunch of grimrocks or w/e chasing facet

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
gemgirlfest is widely regarded as the best time to roll by far if you still need a carat or sheen (mostly carat), which everybody needs

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I actually don't have any of those on my main account, so there goes all my stones I guess

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll just wait for you guys to roll to get a proper idea of the drop rates. So plz roll a lot.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
You guys weren't kidding about radra being fun, he owns even with only the team full of tamas. I need to figure out if I have a team in my box, I can get unbindable color coverage with some non-optimal subs I guess, I do have isis and kanna plus carat and facet but zero dkali-equivalent boardchangers... I'll have to update my herder to get some opinions, I was waiting for dAthena since I have decent subs (zero hakus tho) buuut I already have her on JP.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DaveWoo posted:

Gotta admit, it's seriously tempting.

gently caress that. I got two robin hoods from the last godfest and I need someone to convince me they're worth keeping and not turning in to MP for an eventual MP dragon or maybe DAthena (except no non-collab hakus, among other missing subs).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

gently caress that. I got two robin hoods from the last godfest and I need someone to convince me they're worth keeping and not turning in to MP for an eventual MP dragon or maybe DAthena (except no non-collab hakus, among other missing subs).

Nobody gives a poo poo about robin hood (but keep them anyways, nobody knows what the future may bring). It's all about the jewel girls, who are actually three, not five as many people mistakenly think.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Let's call them 4. Cameo has her uses.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

I'll just wait for you guys to roll to get a proper idea of the drop rates. So plz roll a lot.

Spoilers: rates are trash.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also the next JP challenge is hilarious. 10 floors and the last floor is a fixed team, no continue 8 second move time conditional dungeon.

The fixed team? 6 tamadra.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Superschaf posted:

Let's call them 4. Cameo has her uses.

I def wouldn't mind a cameo since I've got 2 eschamali's

someday my silk will be useful for something, you'll see

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I like Silk on my Krishna team. It's handy on Xmas Grem and Dantalion too but hardly necessary.

Cameo has good fashion sense at least.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

I def wouldn't mind a cameo since I've got 2 eschamali's

someday my silk will be useful for something, you'll see

2 eschamali would provide an amazing 0.0x attack boost! Wowzers!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

maybe I'm wrong (I don't actually have cameo so I'm just going off what I remember), but cameo boosts off of enhanced dark doesn't she? eschamali has like 7 of those

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe I'm wrong (I don't actually have cameo so I'm just going off what I remember), but cameo boosts off of enhanced dark doesn't she? eschamali has like 7 of those

She boosts off of green and dark row awakenings. Ulquiorra from the bleach collab boosts off of enhanced dark awakenings.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ooooh, my bad then. well I can still use her for astaroth then

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Frog girl and bird girl really drew the short straws of their group.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Paul Zuvella posted:

technically 1.0x or (1.0 + 0.0)x

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

robbob posted:

She boosts off of green and dark row awakenings. Ulquiorra from the bleach collab boosts off of enhanced dark awakenings.

So the formulas is not (g+d)*n, but {g,d}*n? That's awful :(

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
it's 1 + (g + d) * 0.3

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I haven't played PaD in two and a half years but I was playing PaDZ on the 3DS last night and now my finger's hovering over the install button in the Play Store :ohdear:

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I haven't played PaD in two and a half years but I was playing PaDZ on the 3DS last night and now my finger's hovering over the install button in the Play Store :ohdear:

I'd had a similar (longer maybe) break and was given a pretty sweet account, and I've been really enjoying it. The game has improved in lots of ways. Give it a spin, just don't spend any money on the thing, you can always uninstall

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

You're still in my friend list as my first friend. Yeah.

The game has improved a lot and there is waaaaaay less grinding so give it a try.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 21, 2017

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I got my Red DeviNyan, cleared the challenge and then beat Challenge 7 with the fixed team blind. Good PAD day.

I know Radra-ing through anything blind really isn't that big a deal but it was good and fun.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

trucutru posted:

The game has improved a lot and there is waaaaaay less grinding more waifus so give it a try.

At least sell the goon on the true aspect of the game.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

ChikoDemono posted:

At least sell the goon on the true aspect of the game.

You mean swole bird right?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I'm one of the guys that recently got back into PAD, and could use help on team composition and where to go from here.
My PADherder: https://www.padherder.com/user/ZarathustraFollower

Two main teams right now:
Sherias Root/Revo Orochi/Revo Susano/Revo Minerva/Sheria (who I plan on replacing with Indra)

Revo Minerva/Shiva/Horus/Dantalion/Ares

Right now I figure I need to work on leveling up my currently reincarnated gods, and I should have revo indra soon (just need 1 golden orb, gaia, and hercules). After that, awakening/reincarnating various other gods like Shiva.

I'm not the best combo'er, but I was also thinking of awakening Kushinada and making her my 3rd leader

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, JP PAD is having a collab with Monster Hunter, the actual Monster Hunter and not the one with the cats. 10 stones a pop so get ready to see some OP poo poo.

http://pad.gungho.jp/member/collabo/monsterhunter/170421_monsterhunter.html

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Undine, Snow White, Genie.

Yeah that went about as well as I expected.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I stopped once Ivory Dragon popped out. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
on jp i think it worked out to like 20% chance for a gem girl, so around 4% for any one gem girl