Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Honky Dong Country posted:

Yeah poo poo like that was fun until my father, brother, and I spent a week backpacking around Savage Gulf in Tennessee. So much loving better than campsite poo poo. Sleep in a drat tent on the ground and hiking around each day with everything on your back, seeing stuff you can't drive to. That's camping.

Sounds like something terrible people do. Hey guys do you like insects, lack of air conditioning/heat, an uncomfortable sleeping experience, then I have the exciting idea for you! Oh and most importantly no internet, sorry I'm not a historical reenactor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

Sounds like something terrible people do. Hey guys do you like insects, lack of air conditioning/heat, an uncomfortable sleeping experience, then I have the exciting idea for you! Oh and most importantly no internet, sorry I'm not a historical reenactor.

Yeah man gently caress the outdoors

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Yeah what kind of man likes physical activity, seeing things you can't see any other way, and can possibly survive without internet for a few days.

It's inhuman!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Duck and Cover posted:

Going outdoors? No thank you, I will sip on my plastic extruded synth-juice in the comfort of my hovel.

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Lol getting away from the wife/girlfriend is half the point.

Hahahahahah, I know! Women right!?

*homoerotic fist bump*

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

God if I go even a few days without touching my puter full of anime I'll just kill myself.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

This thread prompted me to start reading Decline and fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon. It's very 18th century but drat I didn't expect it to have such a nice flow, very pleasant to read despite such a serious subject. Just read the whatever is the latest edition with editors' corrections of factual stuff in footnotes.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

SuperiorColliculus posted:

Hahahahahah, I know! Women right!?

*homoerotic fist bump*

Ugh why would I want to ever be apart from my waifu for a few days to just do some cool poo poo? I absolutely never get tired of being around the same person all the time and don't need/want a break. Also I'm such a prize that bae would not only take no joy in having a break herself, but would prolly leave me for some chad!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Seriously there's nothing wrong at all with having a few days away from your lady to rough it backpacking.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Seriously there's nothing wrong at all with having a few days away from your lady to rough it backpacking.

You really appreciate the old lady after 3 or 4 days of hardcore forest anal with your "buddy"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This is the worst hobo sandwich derail!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You really appreciate the old lady after 3 or 4 days of hardcore forest anal with your "buddy"

*Banjo music plays in the distance.*

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Unabomber truly was right.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
You know what's cooler than going camping and getting away from your wife? Going camping and taking your wife with you. Like real back country camping where once you paddle in to your spot you just swim and eat and gently caress all day. It's super relaxing. Sorry you have a lovely woman you feel the need to escape from.

Also sometimes car camping can be legit fun when you don't have enough vacation days to hike/paddle in and just kinda want to get away from the city and go somewhere with a natural body of water to go swimming in and trails to go hiking/biking on.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

*Banjo music plays in the distance.*

I'm actually 100% agreement with you, something about the phrase "rough backpacking" got my gears turning tho..

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

EvilJoven posted:

You know what's cooler than going camping and getting away from your wife? Going camping and taking your wife with you. Like real back country camping where once you paddle in to your spot you just swim and eat and gently caress all day. It's super relaxing. Sorry you have a lovely woman you feel the need to escape from.

Also sometimes car camping can be legit fun when you don't have enough vacation days to hike/paddle in and just kinda want to get away from the city and go somewhere with a natural body of water to go swimming in and trails to go hiking/biking on.

That would rock, but I've yet to meet one that'll backpack camp way my father, brother, and I do so in the past it's made for a great little bit of time for the girlfriend back then and I to do our own thing for a few days. Both options are cool but I have yet to meet a woman whose definition of roughing it didn't involve a lovely KOA site, and air matress if not a camper, and copious complaints about bugs and hot/cold temperature.

But really, even if I meet a woman that'll do the backpacking thing I'll still do poo poo on my own. Time apart is good.

That one guy was right about it being a derail though, sorry. I'll drop it.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

EvilJoven posted:

*whip crack noise*

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I enjoy civilization and the things it's brought us. But buuuut naaature, I can see nature without enduring camping thanks anyway.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

dumb and kinda scared posted:

This thread prompted me to start reading Decline and fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon. It's very 18th century but drat I didn't expect it to have such a nice flow, very pleasant to read despite such a serious subject. Just read the whatever is the latest edition with editors' corrections of factual stuff in footnotes.

It's great as an audiobook, it is the best value on Audible in terms of cost per minute of listening. The content isn't bad either.

"If you could show the cabbage that I planted with my own hands to your emperor, he definitely wouldn't dare suggest that I replace the peace and happiness of this place with the storms of a never-satisfied greed." -Diocletian

He subsequently purchased a cabbage juicer, realized it was a scam, and committed suicide as the tetrachic system failed.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Backpacking is good, why not take along a JUICICERO bag and mash the fluids out of it with a rock? You can use the bag as a container to iodize water in or something.

I also think it's hilarious how the bag has a hole in it for it to "breathe". I'm assuming if it didn't have that it would fester with clostridia

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Psycho Society posted:

Same. Oh hey we're in a gravel parking lot with trees around it, how adventurous

Man, and I laugh when people use a camper or an RV and call it camping. That thing is hilarious.

There's a lake/campground near me that has WiFi of all loving things.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Psycho Society posted:

Backpacking is good, why not take along a JUICICERO bag and mash the fluids out of it with a rock? You can use the bag as a container to iodize water in or something.

I also think it's hilarious how the bag has a hole in it for it to "breathe". I'm assuming if it didn't have that it would fester with clostridia

Yeah the article I read said it was basically fresh enough to still be doing the whole co2 to oxygen thing.

Well, prolly not the fruit. But all the juices I saw had chopped up greens in them.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

the cool thing about the collapse of the western roman empire is that it was such a complex and poly-causal process that you can blame everything and everyone for it and be right. like immigrants, decadence, christianity, the climate, taxes, juicers, etc.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Bonzo posted:

There's a lake/campground near me that has WiFi of all loving things.

It's possible to enjoy outside and technology at the same time you know. I live real close to the Columbia river and often just walk over to hang out in the park and dick around on my phone/3ds. I don't really get the point of the snobbery.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ArbitraryC posted:

It's possible to enjoy outside and technology at the same time you know. I live real close to the Columbia river and often just walk over to hang out in the park and dick around on my phone/3ds. I don't really get the point of the snobbery.

Your not doing nature properly.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

You go get those Pokemon

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

the cool thing about the collapse of the western roman empire is that it was such a complex and poly-causal process that you can blame everything and everyone for it and be right. like immigrants, decadence, christianity, the climate, taxes, juicers, etc.

Yeah I think it was really telling when Caligula appointed his juicer to the office of consul.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Psycho Society posted:

Will the rock scan the QR code to tell you if the juice is still safe to eat? I didn't think so, you loving savage

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's not about paying $400 for a useless juicer, it's about giving $400 to people you like so they can continue living. Someone who buys this $400 juicer isn't thinking about juice, trust me, they are thinking about the people because when you have a poo poo ton of money you start wanting people to like you, which is why rich people love philanthropy.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

qkkl posted:

when you have a poo poo ton of money you start wanting people to like you, which is why rich people love philanthropy.

Let me tell you about these things called tax breaks.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Rich people love philanthropy because appearing generous may very well be the thing that gets them eaten last when we finally start eating the rich.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

quote:

Juicero wanted to learn from mistakes Keurig has made, and one problem Keurig has said that other companies are making pods for its coffee maker and stealing profits.

Selling coffee in plastic tins is now "stealing profits"

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I like all the goons smugging about how filthy fresh food is and how paying money for a nice entree salad is just the same as a CiCi's pizza salad bar which u should go to instead

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

shovelbum posted:

I like all the goons smugging about how filthy fresh food is and how paying money for a nice entree salad is just the same as a CiCi's pizza salad bar which u should go to instead

hot take, don't burn yourself

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Luxury Communism posted:

Selling coffee in plastic tins is now "stealing profits"

How can you effectively DRM something like this anyway? I guess building DRM into the motor driver circuit if it's like a frequency drive or something but lol it's a press you can probably push two wires together and have it squeeze whatever you want (ur balls)

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

hot take, don't burn yourself

hachachacha

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

shovelbum posted:

drat son, I was expecting some chucklefuck to post this like 5 pages ago... so who is actually the bigger goon here

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

shovelbum posted:

fresh food is filthy and i'm shoving pizza into my mouth now. pizza salad? gtfo out of here with your 'salad'.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You go get those Pokemon

never actually played pokemon go I'm just saying it's possible to enjoy nice weather and the view of nature without being days deep into the woods. I don't have anything against camping I just find it kinda dumb when people try to one up each other over authenticity.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Psycho Society posted:

It's also probably a way for the company to turn more of a profit. You have to buy new Capri suns every single week and cannot possibly store them in any way because the machine will just reject them after six days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
*you don't make friends with salad conga line*

• Locked thread