Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I still hope it was an April Fool's joke and RIck is still in brain-prison. The real resolution will happen next episode.

Every episode in season 3 is contained in his brain prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If you didn't love how Jerry had a framed picture of the stupid Rick he made friends with you are dead inside.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fried Watermelon posted:

Every episode in season 3 is contained in his brain prison

No see Rick died at some point in the past when he was in peril and all the episodes after that are the dreams of a dying man. Also Morty isn't real, he's a split personality of Rick. Birdperson was a ghost the whole time.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

If you didn't love how Jerry had a framed picture of the stupid Rick he made friends with you are dead inside.

Along with a model of the Titanic and a jar of apple product, that was great.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Rick and morty is a garbage show for garbage people

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Johnny Aztec posted:

Every show is a garbage show for garbage people

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Everything is garbage when I see it with my garbage eyes.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Heard Zero by Smashing Pumpkins today and thought of this thread.

Homerpalooza aired almost twenty one years ago.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

i decided to check out Rick and Morty. I like it. That episode with the praying mantises is kind of hosed up though

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Rick and Morty is a poor man's Clone High.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
they're all poo poo but one that's particularly poo poo and stupid is the one where lisa is afraid her life lacks meaning at eight years old so she becomes an astronomer.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'd rather not know the context or the joke they made about this

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

That wig looks funny, but not ha-ha funny.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'd rather not know the context or the joke they made about this

The context is college students these days

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Warbird posted:

Rick and Morty is a poor man's Clone High.

I liked it, even though it relies it a bit too much on gratuitous violence.

Glad I gave it (and Archer) a chance, anything else like it?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

R&M largely without peer right now as far as I'm aware. As for Archer, Frisky Dingo maybe? It's the same bunch of guys iirc. Also Clone High of course.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

The context is college students these days
this season's episodes sound like they have more in common with some Baby Boomer-blowing CBS show than The Simpsons

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I remeber watching the Frank Grimes, Tamzarin and the Lord of the Flies episodes when they aired (in Norway so like a year later than the US I guess?) and enjoying them finding them funny. The first episode I watched which really made me think something wasn't right was the death of Maude, that was really strange and awkward at the time. I still kept at watching Simpsons though although not as regularly as before enjoying the odd modern episode (24 minutes,The Seemingly Never-Ending Story som others as well). The episode which really put the final nail in the coffin was the myPod episode, after that one I've stopped watching Simpsons and that was in 2008.

Edit: two years ago in 2015 two of the latest seasons at the time were put online for free on one of the Chinese streaming websites (legal streaming), my wife who is Chinese insisted on watching an episode and we watched the tree house of horror where they did the Clockwork Orange parody and it was just so loving painful to watch.

fish and chips and dip fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 20, 2017

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Homer's Enemy owns :colbert:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sout posted:

Homer's Enemy owns :colbert:

:yeah:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Homer Simpson Ends Up In An Anime M ovie

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Some of the old episodes I remember loving have bad jokes in them that I didn't get at the time and now I feel worse for liking the episodes they are in

Also the point at which I think I stopped watching was probably the episode where they get a horse and there's a land of jockies? or something

Turns out that's in the eleventh season so I guess somewhere around there is where the show really started stinking.

Anyways, here's something we can all enjoy - the antics of lionel hutz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HODjrjb32fU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

MNIMWA posted:

Some of the old episodes I remember loving have bad jokes in them that I didn't get at the time and now I feel worse for liking the episodes they are in

Also the point at which I think I stopped watching was probably the episode where they get a horse and there's a land of jockies? or something

Turns out that's in the eleventh season so I guess somewhere around there is where the show really started stinking.

Anyways, here's something we can all enjoy - the antics of lionel hutz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HODjrjb32fU

Interesting trivia: the guy who voiced Lionel Hutz and Troy McLure was murdered by his wife

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Wizard Master posted:

Interesting trivia: the guy who voiced Lionel Hutz and Troy McLure was murdered by his wife

Fun fact: it was Andy Dick's fault

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Not a Children posted:

Fun fact: it was Andy Dick's fault

and he got a talking to from jon lovitz for it

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
And by talking to you mean beatdown

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only lasting legacy of latter-day simpsons is the fact that a minor league baseball team got its name from the episode where they were planning to move the Springfield Isotopes to Albuquerque

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I was watching an episode of The Critic a few weeks ago and it struck me how much I wish they'd do a live-action movie of the show if only to cast Chris Hemsworth as Jeremy Hawke and keep Lovitz in the role of Jay.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Wizard Master posted:

the guy who voiced Lionel Hutz

This is an incredibly weird way to refer to Phil Hartman. It's Phil loving Hartman.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Scudworth posted:

This is an incredibly weird way to refer to Phil Hartman. It's Phil loving Hartman.

:thejoke:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

No that's Harry Shearer

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Izzhov posted:

I would kinda like to see Evil Morty come back tho. I wanna know what that dude's deal is

I kinda assumed he was ricks Original morty or some weird poo poo like that.

fish and chips and dip posted:

I remeber watching the Frank Grimes, Tamzarin and the Lord of the Flies episodes when they aired (in Norway so like a year later than the US I guess?) and enjoying them finding them funny. The first episode I watched which really made me think something wasn't right was the death of Maude, that was really strange and awkward at the time. I still kept at watching Simpsons though although not as regularly as before enjoying the odd modern episode (24 minutes,The Seemingly Never-Ending Story som others as well). The episode which really put the final nail in the coffin was the myPod episode, after that one I've stopped watching Simpsons and that was in 2008.

Edit: two years ago in 2015 two of the latest seasons at the time were put online for free on one of the Chinese streaming websites (legal streaming), my wife who is Chinese insisted on watching an episode and we watched the tree house of horror where they did the Clockwork Orange parody and it was just so loving painful to watch.

i liked the frank grimes episode, but i can understand why people hate it. it was definitely the beginning of the end of the Simpsons. like at one point the Simpsons despite being lovely people sorta, they were at least well meaning and loved each other. there was a heart to the show. now its just family guy where everyone is a mean rear end in a top hat with few redeeming qualities.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I feel like Rick shouldn't really be at the center of an episode. He's best when he's the setting, a force of nature that all the other characters have to deal with.

this.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Riptor posted:

No that's Harry Shearer

:eyepop:

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I kinda assumed he was ricks Original morty or some weird poo poo like that.
i liked the frank grimes episode, but i can understand why people hate it. it was definitely the beginning of the end of the Simpsons. like at one point the Simpsons despite being lovely people sorta, they were at least well meaning and loved each other. there was a heart to the show. now its just family guy where everyone is a mean rear end in a top hat with few redeeming qualities.

Were the Simpsons mean lovely assholes in that one, though? I'd say Homer was portrayed more as self-centered in an oblivious childlike way, with the added gag that they point out for the first time that he does pretty well for a guy that should be dead or in the gutter several times over from his stupidity.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Were the Simpsons mean lovely assholes in that one, though? I'd say Homer was portrayed more as self-centered in an oblivious childlike way, with the added gag that they point out for the first time that he does pretty well for a guy that should be dead or in the gutter several times over from his stupidity.

People say this was the start of "Jerkass Homer" but you have the right of it.

Homer genuinely tried to befriend Grimey but it was never meant to be. Homer's station in life IS an affront to intelligent, hardworking people trying to rise above their circumstances.

"But he ate his sandwich!!! More like Homer HITLER if you ask me!!"

Homer Did Nothing Wrong :colbert:

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

People say this was the start of "Jerkass Homer" but you have the right of it.

Homer genuinely tried to befriend Grimey but it was never meant to be. Homer's station in life IS an affront to intelligent, hardworking people trying to rise above their circumstances.

"But he ate his sandwich!!! More like Homer HITLER if you ask me!!"

Homer Did Nothing Wrong :colbert:

For my money the first appearance of jerkass Homer was literally the one where he said "Out of my way jerkass!" (Which I admittedly thought was pretty hilarious at the time.)

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

JediTalentAgent posted:

I was watching an episode of The Critic a few weeks ago and it struck me how much I wish they'd do a live-action movie of the show if only to cast Chris Hemsworth as Jeremy Hawke and keep Lovitz in the role of Jay.

Jay Sherman was supposed to be in his mid-late 30's at the oldest.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Which was the one where Homer pits Lisa against Bart in hockey?

That's my first impression of Jerkass Homer. Though admittedly he's still hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Plucky Brit posted:

Which was the one where Homer pits Lisa against Bart in hockey?

That's my first impression of Jerkass Homer. Though admittedly he's still hilarious.

Children's sports brings out the jerk in dads irl too