Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

djfooboo posted:

These goofy cars seem awesome. Did you get a CVT? That's my only worry.

I did. You can't get all the extra safety features on a manual, which was what had me turn the corner away from a manual for the first time in probably 20 years. It has a manual mode and paddles, but I don't know how that is yet. I haven't tried it in the couple of days since I picked it up from the dealer.

Edit for new page. I guess I technically bought a license plate this morning,

RandomZero has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Apr 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Mu Zeta posted:

I rip through my socks every couple months and it sucks. I bought some Darn Tough socks but they are too thick. I like mine to be really thin. Does anyone make thin and tough socks? I walk a lot.

Also curious which Darn Toughs you got. Their cushioned stuff is obviously pretty thick, I have a couple pairs I wear with boots, but the stuff in their Lifestyle section that says Light (not Cushioned Light) should be fine. I have like 9 pairs of their Warlock and they're thinner than most plain white athletic socks. Also have a couple pairs of their no-show ultra lights from the Running section of their site and they're even thinner.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have "Darn Tough No Show Ultralight."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DWVS1S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It feels much thicker than my favorites

Adidas Superlite. They are light and flexible, but they get holes after a few months.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LUMYWVK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 18:58 on Apr 20, 2017

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Bought a new accessory for my Dremel

Aaaand new safety goggles, as my old ones seem to have disappeared

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Bought a new accessory for my Dremel

I just got one of those too (And you need to use an image host like imgur)

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

flosofl posted:

Waiting on this to be delivered today to replace my stock platter drive in my PS4.

I swapped for a 1TB platter drive, just be ready to spend ~1.5 hours/100GB of stuff currently on your drive for the backup, and about the same amount of time for the restore. I just deleted Drive Club and a couple of other hogs to get it down to ~300GB and it was less painful than the 6 hour failure before I deleted everything (bad external).

Josh Lyman posted:

When I was car shopping in January, I asked my friends who had cars with sunroofs and they said it wasn't worth the trouble of looking for one.

Did they lie to me???

One friend of mine found out after his first that it's a must-have feature for him, but sometimes they end up noisy or leaky and plenty of people go the other way and decide it's a never-need feature. The TC with panoramic sunroof is pretty tight compared to his old Saturn CL2 with it's placemat-sized hole, though to be fair that car was also tiny.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Mu Zeta posted:

I have "Darn Tough No Show Ultralight."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DWVS1S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It feels much thicker than my favorites

Wow. You like really thin socks then. Respect, but I have no suggestions for you.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Your socks can't moisture wick if they're not thin!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Josh Lyman posted:

When I was car shopping in January, I asked my friends who had cars with sunroofs and they said it wasn't worth the trouble of looking for one.

Did they lie to me???

I had a hard time trying to find the Jeep I wanted with one. It was one of the main features I wanted and the lack of SUVs in general without them shocked me. When I went to Enterprise to drive/buy I mentioned it and the sales person said "Oh we can send out any car to our aftermarket people to add almost any feature" and it sold me.

Of course I picked the time when it is suppose to rain for the next week. I'll found out if it leaks at least.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Does that have the same kind of effect on game loading times as it does on everything on a pc? I assume disc based games would still be slow, but I really don't know how much data gets transferred to the drive when you play a game.

It *seems* to? I mean, I would think going from 5400RPM platter to an 850EVO SSD has an impact. I don't know how much is bias, but I'm doing a replay of Dragons Age: Inquisition and I think it's loading faster.

I wouldn't know about disc based games, since I just buy digital versions of everything.

Oddhair posted:

I swapped for a 1TB platter drive, just be ready to spend ~1.5 hours/100GB of stuff currently on your drive for the backup, and about the same amount of time for the restore. I just deleted Drive Club and a couple of other hogs to get it down to ~300GB and it was less painful than the 6 hour failure before I deleted everything (bad external).

It actually went pretty quickly for me. I had a 500GB T1 portable SSD to do the backup (about 390 GB) and it took about 2 hours to back up, I also slapped the 4.55 install on that drive. Including initializing and installing 4.55, the full restore took about 2 hours. The only thing I had to do when I was done was log into PS Network and re-pair the PDP Media Remote.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Apr 21, 2017

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
A new rear derailleur for my free MTB. A Shimano Deore XT Shadow Plus.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-deore-xt-m786-shadow-plus-rear-derailleur/?sku=5360535773

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

my PSU bit the dust last night so uh I had to buy a new PSU :toot:

(p.s. please do not tell me this is the Wrong Kind of PSU because I don't care as long as I can get back to getting lightly puzzled on vodka tonics and playing the Pinball Arcade)

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
Tickets for what's gonna be the best show ever(!). Some of these might be groups that only EU/Nordic have heard about, but a few of them should be universally know.

Kristneder
Jul 21, 2006

:siren:This is my first post.:siren:

Kosh Naranek posted:

Tickets for what's gonna be the best show ever(!). Some of these might be groups that only EU/Nordic have heard about, but a few of them should be universally know.

I'm going to the one in Aalborg. I missed the event last year so I didn't get to see Scooter and I'm still sad about it.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

Kristneder posted:

I'm going to the one in Aalborg. I missed the event last year so I didn't get to see Scooter and I'm still sad about it.

I went the first time in Oslo a few years ago and Scooter was amazing. But I am really looking forward to 666 this year.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Pastry of the Year posted:

(p.s. please do not tell me this is the Wrong Kind of PSU because I don't care as long as I can get back to getting lightly puzzled on vodka tonics and playing the Pinball Arcade)

This reminded me that I need to buy a new one myself. Mine hasn't died completely, but it's been making a hell of a racket for a while and should probably get replaced.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Joining the club, bluetooth only version because I really don't see how Wi-Fi would enhance the experience.

Getting it express posted because I am an impatient person. Tomorrow I go to K-Mart and buy a vacuum sealer.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Buy a new PSU when the old warranty expires. This should be every 5 years.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Josh Lyman posted:

Buy a new PSU when the old warranty expires. This should be every 5 years.

Does the warranty cover damage done by a failed one? It's been 10 years since I've bought computer stuff but I've seen how expensive PSU failure can be.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Megabound posted:

Getting it express posted because I am an impatient person. Tomorrow I go to K-Mart and buy a vacuum sealer.

Being patient is what Sous Vide is all about...

If you haven't already get over to Sous veni, sous vide, sous vizzle right away.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
This watch:

To replace my old one, which is really old and the battery is dying.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

its a ASUS ZenWatch 3, if anyone else was curious.

https://www.amazon.com/ZenWatch-WI5...2798391&sr=1-11

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Bought this for my Raspberry Pi

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Rolo posted:

Does the warranty cover damage done by a failed one? It's been 10 years since I've bought computer stuff but I've seen how expensive PSU failure can be.

That would depend entirely on your manufacturer. I know EVGA has a really, really good warranty on all their stuff.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I ordered a Monoprice maker ultimate yesterday afternoon and it showed up today which is awesome:

I'm printing a pen holder I made to hold the colored fountain pens recommended earlier in this thread. I really need these next 45 minutes or so to finish up so I can play with the print.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kosh Naranek posted:

I hope Darude only plays Sandstorm for like an hour straight

I mean does he even have anything else he can play?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
The zipper on the large outer pocket of my suitcase broke off completely so the pocket just flaps open now. I used this as an excuse to upgrade to a much nicer suitcase that has a lifetime guarantee, including airline damage. I fly about every other week or so, so this was much needed.

Briggs and Riley Transcend

I was also long overdue for a new office chair.

Z Gallerie Network Desk Chair

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Pastry of the Year posted:

Yeah me too. I got the Corsair series with the USB interface.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Megabound posted:

Joining the club, bluetooth only version because I really don't see how Wi-Fi would enhance the experience.

Come join us and talk about cooking the things - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573640

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

rockcity posted:

The zipper on the large outer pocket of my suitcase broke off completely so the pocket just flaps open now. I used this as an excuse to upgrade to a much nicer suitcase that has a lifetime guarantee, including airline damage. I fly about every other week or so, so this was much needed.

Briggs and Riley Transcend

I was also long overdue for a new office chair.

Z Gallerie Network Desk Chair
Lol I read lifetime guarantee and airline damage and immediately knew it was Briggs & Riley fml I'm such a nerd

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Lol I read lifetime guarantee and airline damage and immediately knew it was Briggs & Riley fml I'm such a nerd

Haha, yeah, I've been hesitant to spend the money on one, but I use a suitcase every week and fly probably every other week so when my zipper finally broke while my bag was checked and it came to baggage claim wrapped in TSA packing tape, that was my sign to go right for Briggs and Riley. I went and checked one out at a luggage store in the airport and really liked it. So I went and ordered it.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Trastion posted:

Being patient is what Sous Vide is all about...

If you haven't already get over to Sous veni, sous vide, sous vizzle right away.

Thanks guys, I was lurking it a little yesterday. I'll petty amped for it. First thing going in is steak for sure.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That'll look great in the glow of your computer monitor

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

PCOS Bill posted:

I go outside. 🌍

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

PCOS Bill posted:

Snowflake is scared

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

We Know Catheters posted:

I go outside. 🌍

Sure you do.

Bottom Liner posted:

Snowflake is scared

You people are adorable.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
What, are you against punching literal nazis now?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

His dental premiums keep going up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Coffee And Pie posted:

There are no literal Nazis being punched. "That man said something I find disagreeable" is not the same as being a Nazi.