Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Watching the Giants game and oh god this Ford commercial that runs every other break is our curse, isn't it?

Narrator: "What Madison Bumgarner does on his days off is anyone's guess."
NOT ANYMORE IT ISN'T

oh god it has him loading dirt bikes into the truck send help

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Getting >500 PAs a season in KBO is a performance enhancing drug because it enhanced his performance by virtue of getting more experience. Also your brain produces drugs.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Reds did this, and I can only assume it was Joey Votto's idea.

https://twitter.com/Griffa11/status/855579710583078912

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Inspector_666 posted:

the Reds probably borrowed this from the Milwaukee Bucks, who did this to the Warriors when they visited the Bradley Center last year

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Watching the Giants game and oh god this Ford commercial that runs every other break is our curse, isn't it?

Narrator: "What Madison Bumgarner does on his days off is anyone's guess."
NOT ANYMORE IT ISN'T

oh god it has him loading dirt bikes into the truck send help
please help me find this commercial online, it's too perfect

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

bawfuls posted:

please help me find this commercial online, it's too perfect

https://vimeo.com/171126148

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ARE HAVIN A GREAT DAY

A GREAT DAY

https://twitter.com/extrabaggs/status/855585014804873221

https://twitter.com/extrabaggs/status/855599222263095296

https://twitter.com/PavlovicNBCS/status/855602241780285440

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Spoeank posted:

THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ARE HAVIN A GREAT DAY

You forgot this one:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/855584143475970048

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Bad luck can have rallies too, apparently.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sydin posted:

lol if u dont think thames is going to keep slashing .415/.500/.981 and hitting double digit home runs every month for the whole of the season.

Barry did

Barry was awesome

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Boston's John Farrell has got the red rear end about something related to Machado spiking Pedroia, or the following challenge by the Orioles it's not clear. But Farrell was hot the rest of the game. Hot. That the Sox went 0-9 with RISP for that game was likely irritating him as well. We'll see tomorrow.

ah, here's an update:

@PeteAbe 41m41 minutes ago
Machado will get one in the back before this series ends. Make book on that.

and more:

@MikeSilvermanBB 2m2 minutes ago
Farrell hot after game. Machado slide 'extremely late.' Pedroia still being examined, condition unknown.

@brianmacp 2m2 minutes ago
Farrell said he saw an "extremely late slide," that Pedroia "was blown up" beyond the bag, and the collusion rule "didn't work tonight."

hahah WEEI says "...and the Sox are putting out a knuckleballer out there tomorrow so unfortunately he won't be able to hurt Machado" (quote) and predicts fireworks.

gently caress you Farrell, it wasn't a late slide.

the popes toes fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 22, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The Even Year Bullshit gods demand a heavy price.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Carlosologist posted:

the Reds probably borrowed this from the Milwaukee Bucks, who did this to the Warriors when they visited the Bradley Center last year

Who probably borrowed it from the Dallas Stars.

Let's keep diggin.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

bawfuls posted:

It's not suspicious if you take the 10 seconds to acknowledge that steroids don't help at all with the specific skill set he's actually improved over that time.

It is only suspicious to the most shallow uninformed observers.

I think its a little early to say he has improved dramatically on plate vision or patience or slugging until 250 AB or so of real MLB pitching. How often has a player that couldnt cut it as an young MLB'er go to Korea (or Japan,etc) and come back and do well again here. Theres been what, like 4 of them?

Also, I am a Thames fan. Have been since he was on the Jays. I am just not surprised by the hot takes about him maybe juicing considering he was in a different league and was killing it there. Thats not that crazy for a sports commentator to speculate on. I heard hot takes like that about Bautista for 5 years because he developed above the age of 25!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Inspector_666 posted:

They forgot Made it sound like a Cubs home game when Rizzo tied it up in the 9th with 2 outs. :smug:

That's 3 comeback wins in a row from down by at least 3 runs. :eyepop:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Is the 60 day DL still...60 days?

I hate that the 15 day got changed to 10. It just sounds stupid.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

On this day in 1957, then VP Nixon and daughter Tricia attended an O's v Senators game. Not clear is what so exercised Tricia.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the popes toes posted:

On this day in 1957, then VP Nixon and daughter Tricia attended an O's v Senators game. Not clear is what so exercised Tricia.

hot pants

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

the popes toes posted:

Possibly that the second game didn't finish.

Senators were up 2-1 when it was suspended in the top of the 6th.

In the first game?

Probably the 11 pitching changes and that it lasted four hours.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
What's the deal with the neighborhood play these days? I thought it got removed when instant replay started happening but some googling shows that I must be misremembering that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

What's the deal with the neighborhood play these days? I thought it got removed when instant replay started happening but some googling shows that I must be misremembering that.

It was still in when replay started, but I believe they took it out when the takeout slide rule change happened.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

the popes toes posted:

It wasn't late but he sure as poo poo held his leg up for long as possible, spikes out, on a throw that probably wasn't going to come close to getting a relay off to first

i mean no harm no foul if pedroia comes out okay tomorrow but that looked like up pretty bullshit slide

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I'd also like to say that I'm not advocating any retaliation against Machado, but I do advocate he learn how to not slide like an rear end in a top hat

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

^ practice what you preach.

the popes toes posted:

Boston's John Farrell has got the red rear end about something related to Machado spiking Pedroia, or the following challenge by the Orioles it's not clear. But Farrell was hot the rest of the game. Hot. That the Sox went 0-9 with RISP for that game was likely irritating him as well. We'll see tomorrow.

ah, here's an update:

@PeteAbe 41m41 minutes ago
Machado will get one in the back before this series ends. Make book on that.

and more:

@MikeSilvermanBB 2m2 minutes ago
Farrell hot after game. Machado slide 'extremely late.' Pedroia still being examined, condition unknown.

@brianmacp 2m2 minutes ago
Farrell said he saw an "extremely late slide," that Pedroia "was blown up" beyond the bag, and the collusion rule "didn't work tonight."

hahah WEEI says "...and the Sox are putting out a knuckleballer out there tomorrow so unfortunately he won't be able to hurt Machado" (quote) and predicts fireworks.

Just...just a tragedy for them.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 22, 2017

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Diamondbacks just had a crazy inning :stare:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
N: The Giants are in sole possession of last place in the NL for the first time since July 19, 2007.

V: :suicide: What do we have to sell at the deadline?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ammat The Ankh posted:

N: The Giants are in sole possession of last place in the NL for the first time since July 19, 2007.

V: :suicide: What do we have to sell at the deadline?

So what you're saying is that Bonds will be playing left field this season?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

New Concept Hole posted:

So what you're saying is that Bonds will be playing left field this season?

A mustachioed man named Reggie Stocker is currently suiting up in AAA Sacramento.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Trade Pence back to Houston ASAP

If he's not dead I mean

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Diamondbacks just had a crazy inning :stare:

How the gently caress do two runs score on an infield single

Also lol at striking out the side including Pollock twice

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

A mustachioed man named Reggie Stocker is currently suiting up in AAA Sacramento.

I hear this Jon Dowd guy has been trying to get back to a big-league job for several years.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

come on joe

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

edit: sorry thought i was in GDT.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ammat The Ankh posted:

What do we have to sell at the deadline?

Cueto, Nunez, that's about it. IMO it would be easier to sell after the season since there's too many guys that still need a full season at various minor league levels to call up. Beede isn't ready, Arroyo isn't ready, Shaw isn't ready, and so on, and so forth. Even if Cain stunk and got moved to the bullpen I'd think they'd call up Gregorio.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 22, 2017

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Joey Gallo is a bad, bad man.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sad to think that the rangers will bench him again as soon as Beltre is ready.

Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

As you can see, we've had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Anderson.
For all you Hawk Harrelson lovers out there, here's a nice read:

Bill Ladson posted:

NEW YORK -- White Sox broadcaster Ken "Hawk" Harrelson is not sure if he will call it a career after this season. He has already cut down his schedule to 81 games in order to spend more time with his family.

The guy known for such phrases as "He gone!" and "You can put it on the board, yes!" has one more goal he would like to reach before it's all said and done. Hawk would like to be in baseball in some capacity until 2020. If he reaches that goal, it would mean he was in the game in parts of eight decades.

Harrelson, 75, would also like to win the Ford C. Frick Award, which is given to a broadcaster by the Baseball Hall of Fame for major contributions in baseball. Harrelson started his broadcasting career in 1975 with the Red Sox. He is now in his 32nd year in the White Sox booth.

"That would put me in a very exclusive club, being in professional baseball for eight decades," Harrelson told the Newsmakers podcast. "It's not for me, it's for my grandchildren, to leave them something. They can tell their children. 'Your granddad was in professional baseball for parts of eight decades.'

"It would be nice to win the [the Frick Award]. But I don't think about it. I know there were a lot of people pulling for me every time [I was nominated]. It probably won't happen until I'm dead. But the only reason I want it is for the grandkids. It would be an honor, certainly."
I know everyone here loves Hawk, so I'm sure you'll all agree he deserves a Frick award!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Phonoxen posted:

For all you Hawk Harrelson lovers out there, here's a nice read:

I know everyone here loves Hawk, so I'm sure you'll all agree he deserves a Frick award!

*32 seconds of silence*

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Orioles' Facebook page just posted this. :3:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

euphronius posted:

Sad to think that the rangers will bench him again as soon as Beltre is ready.

From what everyone is saying about it, it might be some time before we see Beltre again this season.

Please don't get Romo'd, Belts.:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
How does 32 years equal eight decades?

• Locked thread