Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

The cars are slower than f1 cars, right?

They're larger and heavier so would have slower lap times around most circuits but they have a much much higher top speed because they run on ovals also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, the part behind the wheel are pretty slo---- did he just say Max Chilton? Lmao, MAX CHILTON?!

Yeah he sucks here too.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Alonso talking about IndyCars is the happiest I've seen him in a long time.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, the part behind the wheel are pretty slo---- did he just say Max Chilton? Lmao, MAX CHILTON?!

he drives for one of the best teams and his best finish is like 8th he bad here too.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Alonso smiling this much makes me happy.

McLaren really broke him.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Fernando Alonso is at a race in Alabama.

Those words just dont feel right

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok.

Is there a race on or did this just become the Alonso Interview Special?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok.

I dont know, i need Horner input mid race.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
That old guy getting Alonso's signature on that R25/26 rear wing replica owns.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok.

Not sure. Maybe we should ask Todd Harris and Danica?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The electrical marker thingie looks goofy as hell

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

DoctorGonzo posted:

The electrical marker thingie looks goofy as hell

It's more there for the fans at the track. You have no idea how great they are until you see them in-person and can follow everything way easier.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This black/green livery for Josef is :discourse:

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

kidcoelacanth posted:

This black/green livery for Josef is :discourse:

It's pretty good. I'm a big fan of the eye-gougingly bright Menards livery, though.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Do you think Alonso spoke with Sato at any point?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

They're gonna be teammates for Indy, so I'm fairly certain if it hasn't happened yet, it's inevitable.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

They said he had dinner with the whole team last night soooo.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FartingBedpost posted:

It's pretty good. I'm a big fan of the eye-gougingly bright Menards livery, though.

Fluorescent cars are always excellent.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
So does IndyCar have a podium like a real racing series or is it like NASCAR where some dumb hick raises up a Subway footlong and praises the Under 6 grams of fat power of the cold cut combo on honey oat with spinach, tomatoes, onions, black olives and cucumbers with light mayo for powering his way to the win along with the quenching rehydrating power of Gatorade?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Guys in F1 dump fizzy drinks and rosewater on each other

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

So does IndyCar have a podium like a real racing series or is it like NASCAR where some dumb hick raises up a Subway footlong and praises the Under 6 grams of fat power of the cold cut combo on honey oat with spinach, tomatoes, onions, black olives and cucumbers with light mayo for powering his way to the win along with the quenching rehydrating power of Gatorade?

Back in the day there seemed to be a weird thing where the oval races usually had american-style winners circles and the road courses had podiums, but I think everyone but the 500 uses podiums these days. We generally don't see them because they don't do the pomp and circumstance with the podium ceremonies that F1 does.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

He should because Sato nearly won the 500 once

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He should because Sato nearly won the 500 once

But has he ever forgiven him for 2007 Canada?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

We murder a worst thread poster in every victory lane.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I now dislike Alonso for causing the worst thread to leak

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I didn't realize everyone was so protective of the ability to lift a huge lobster up when you win something vs. an actual trophy.

My apologies.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Kimball gonna wreck Will Power lol.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Lobster is a lot better then something you can't even eat wtf.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm kind of half paying attention here is Kimball going to actually win this thing

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Not sure. He's off strategy.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm kind of half paying attention here is Kimball going to actually win this thing

I think he's going to have to pit before the finish.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Loving the commentary team pleading with Will to not pit lmao

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

lol Will Power

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

3 remaining Andretti cars are in the top 10. Watch them all go ka-blammo.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

FartingBedpost posted:

Kimball gonna wreck Will Power lol.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

FartingBedpost posted:

lol Will Power

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Are these commentators literally advocating for him to have stayed out and just gone into the run off when it did inevitably go? What?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

In indycar the broadcasters actually get into the races and don't hate everything about it sorry.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Are these commentators literally advocating for him to have stayed out and just gone into the run off when it did inevitably go? What?

When did you become Tony Montana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Paul Tracy owns :canada:

• Locked thread