Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Those two games have the same back-of-the-box summary but they rapidly go off in totally different directions and tell different stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

After finishing it a couple of years ago I finally got around to platinuming The Order :geno:

I was only missing two items lol

E: Jesus I just realised the PS4 is going to be four years old this year wtf

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Also Aloy never kicks a random slave off to their death "Because it's something cool guys do."

I remember reading some dev quote about Enslaved that said that and I was like, what the gently caress are you guys on? I wish I could find it again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it was the director at Ninja Theory whose name I forget, he had to be talked out of it by Alex Garland who was the writer.
He's the same guy responsible for the 'gay cowboy' slide talking about old DMC Dante.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'd buy an HD remaster of Heavenly Sword. But I think I'm the only one :sigh:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The introduction of Goro in Yakuza 0 was boring as gently caress

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

What the gently caress

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... nah.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The introduction of Goro in Yakuza 0 was in fact, as Kiryu would say, "rad."

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also Aloy never kicks a random slave off to their death "Because it's something cool guys do."

I remember reading some dev quote about Enslaved that said that and I was like, what the gently caress are you guys on? I wish I could find it again

What was this scenario? Something in the game or something they wanted to do?

I always wanted to play that because of Alex garlands involvement but i didn't enjoy the little bit of gameplay I tried.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I do not understand one god drat bit of this persona multiple choice negotiation thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Digirat posted:

I do not understand one god drat bit of this persona multiple choice negotiation thing

Imagine you are japanese man. Look at the monster and consider the voice actor they use and then pick the answer that japanese man would pick

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Digirat posted:

Before you enter negotation, look at the corner of the screen to see the Persona's mood.

Irritable ones like serious answers.
Gloomy ones like vague or mysterious answers.
Timid ones like reassuring answers.
Upbeat ones like joking answers.

Of course even with this information 90% of them will still make no sense, but hth

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I just picked them randomly and failed maybe like 5 times in my 100 hour playthrough hth

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Before you enter negotation, look at the corner of the screen to see the Persona's mood.

Of course even with this information 90% of them will still make no sense, but hth

Ok I'm gonna keep this post on my phone all the time while I play now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

this is def useful so thanks for sharing; I just randomly selected answers and it usually works, but it's nice to actually know how it works

thematically the hold up stuff is cool but I miss the way the last couple persona games did it. never liked the negotiation stuff in other smt games either

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Negotiation has always sucked. It's less bad in P5 but it's still crap.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Does the cat not tell you to go to bed all the time until later? I just finished the first palace and she hasn't been telling me to go to bed that much.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah it only becomes really noticeable when there are events and chatting with your crew in the afternoon takes a whole afternoon and evening's worth of time

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Digirat posted:

Does the cat not tell you to go to bed all the time until later? I just finished the first palace and she hasn't been telling me to go to bed that much.

People joke about it a lot (and it is annoying) but the circumstances that you get told to go to bed are usually consistent. It's after you've been to a palace/mementos or when story heavy stuff is going on.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Finished resident evil 7. Glad I did.

I must say I audibly :rolleyes: 'd at Evelyin's drat YOU!! drat YOU ALL TO HELLLLLLL :argh: at the big boss fight.

How is the Albert-001 gun? Does it fire special necrotoxin bullets?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Regy Rusty posted:

People joke about it a lot (and it is annoying) but the circumstances that you get told to go to bed are usually consistent. It's after you've been to a palace/mementos or when story heavy stuff is going on.
Yeah, I hardly ever hear that anymore since I know what triggers it and just go to bed myself...it's just a shitload of times in the game and that's the real problem.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Is Berserk and the Band of the Hawk good? Can anyone here that picked it up give their thoughts? I only get one or two ______ Warriors games a system ever so I won't burn out on it from the inevitable grinding, but how does it stack up to the other spinoffs of Dynasty Warriors? I like Berserk a lot.

I guess for reference, I like Legend of Zelda and Fist of the North Star a lot too. I think Hyrule Warriors is one the best (maybe THE best) for using its license so well, and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage is boring dogshit for using it so badly.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbh the issue's mostly it taking the form of morgana going "yeah nah" instead of the MC going "boy I'm tired as poo poo"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Motto posted:

tbh the issue's mostly it taking the form of morgana going "yeah nah" instead of the MC going "boy I'm tired as poo poo"
Yeah in 3 it would just go like that and if you chose to study anyway you'd have a negative status effect the next day....but that was just for combat and not "heard a lot of exposition today, too tired to do anything".

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it is kinda weird that they have morgana say "let's not do that today" instead of just having the mc say he's tired like the last ones

gently caress you cat, you're not the boss of me

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The cat also tells you you don't have to go places because you OBVIOUSLY don't like them. Ha ha! Like you'd want to go to karaoke, right?!

gently caress you cat im glad i got my platinum

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Your shoes are fine. Why would you want to buy new ones?" :raise:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neo Rasa posted:

Is Berserk and the Band of the Hawk good? Can anyone here that picked it up give their thoughts? I only get one or two ______ Warriors games a system ever so I won't burn out on it from the inevitable grinding, but how does it stack up to the other spinoffs of Dynasty Warriors? I like Berserk a lot.

I guess for reference, I like Legend of Zelda and Fist of the North Star a lot too. I think Hyrule Warriors is one the best (maybe THE best) for using its license so well, and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage is boring dogshit for using it so badly.

People said its a mediocre warriors game

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I really need to return a DVD and I'm pretty worried I just hit a story bender

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

:eng101: you never have to pay a fine if you never go back to the store!

Actually they waive your first late fee, this is why you should watch and return your movies ASAP

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They have waived 4 fees for me so far.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

People said its a mediocre warriors game
I enjoyed it a lot more than Musou Stars so far, which is kind of damning to the latter.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Uncle w Benefits posted:

How is the Albert-001 gun? Does it fire special necrotoxin bullets?

its not super cool or anything but pretty good with a headshot, it's the most powerful handgun that's not a magnum anyhow.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

"Try to be a little more careful next time, ok?"

how about you be more careful with my time when there's a DVD on the line, cat

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Digirat posted:

I'm sure in the history of outlaws across the world there were some of them who were neurotic about things like sleep schedules and DVD rental overdue fees, and Morgana isn't the only one.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Policenaut posted:

The cat also tells you you don't have to go places because you OBVIOUSLY don't like them. Ha ha! Like you'd want to go to karaoke, right?!

If I don't get a karaoke date option in the enhanced edition of Persona 5 then it's trash

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Digirat posted:

Look he just had to rewatch the entire XFolders several tines over after sending you to bed.

I swear the movies and DVDs are the best voiced things in this game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Cake Knight Rises needs to be playable DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Neo Rasa posted:

While the char selection is pretty short, and the bosses can be frustrating to fight. The gameplay is superb. Plowing through the enemy's as Guts is just so satisfying.
I would say wait for a sale. If a Berserk 2 would come out. It would probably fix most of the problems this one has. Which is mostly the short char selection and the samey Eclipse mode.
I got my 60 bucks out of it though. I really enjoyed this game.