Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Factorio: Earth day doesn't count if you're not on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
The Factory is Expanding to Meet the Needs of the Expanding Factory

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Dirk the Average posted:

I like this one, although it might be too long.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but there's a new multi-level tech for train braking speed, so you get more time spent at top speed. Cool!

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Onean posted:

Oh, okay.

Low frequency and Very Big size, plus I guess it decided to plonk me in the middle of a lake. I mean, starting off in the middle of a lake could be interesting. I can see land, and while I was hoping landfill would only be Red science as mentioned in a much older FFF, I guess they decided against that.

Using this seed. Thank you sooooo much

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Evilreaver posted:

Factorio: Terraforming(verb): to blacken the skies; to pave with concrete

Dirk the Average posted:

I've fully embraced worship of the bots, so I don't ever craft anything once I have them (barring one loving pipe at an outpost because my stack wasn't big enough)

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Onean posted:

Oh, okay.

Low frequency and Very Big size, plus I guess it decided to plonk me in the middle of a lake. I mean, starting off in the middle of a lake could be interesting. I can see land, and while I was hoping landfill would only be Red science as mentioned in a much older FFF, I guess they decided against that.

This is going to be fun. I just automated green science, so I'm just about ready to try to bridge across, but I need some military might first.

Unrelated to the above: do we have the numbers for 0.15 boiler efficiency? Trying to figure out how much coal production I need.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
Factorio .15: Figuring out the most efficient way to get belted

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Automated conversion of aliens into corpses.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Factorio: High-Definition Pollution

How do you get pumps to interact with fluid tankers? They don't seem to want to hook up or anything.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Onean posted:

Oh, okay.

Add me to the list of people using this start. It's surprisingly cool. Also my starting factory is a mess of spaghetti since I can't really go one direction to set up belts.

Dirk the Average posted:

This one's pretty cool if there's enough room in the text field.

Hmm...some alliteration perhaps?
Factorio: Factoring for Fractal Fraccing Factories

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Factorio 0.15: An automated gameplay experience

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

RyokoTK posted:

Factorio 0.15: An automated gameplay experience

Factorio: We've Even Automated Gameplay

Dirk the Average posted:

Gadzuko posted:

I like this one, although it might be too long.

Factorio: Factory Expansion Will Require More Factory Expansion

But that's almost as long.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
What about:

Factorio 0.15: Now Turing Complete

Also, after so much modded lately, vanilla is a refreshing change. Not having to worry about interweaving ten thousand intermediate products is a nice bonus.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ambaire posted:

What about :

Factorio 0.15: Now Turing Complete

Also, after so much modded lately, vanilla is a refreshing change. Not having to worry about interweaving ten thousand intermediate products is a nice bonus.

Congratulations. Gun turrets, assemblers and pumpjacks have been upgraded to "intermediary products" for military, blue and purple science respectively.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

FISHMANPET posted:

This junction from the advanced signals tutorial looks familiar...

How so? Its literally a regular symmetrical T junction?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

El Jebus posted:

Factorio: We've Even Automated Gameplay

Factorio: Factory Expansion Will Require More Factory Expansion

But that's almost as long.

Factorio: Factory Expansion Requires More Factory Expansion
Factorio: Expanding to Meet the Needs of Expansion

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I've forgotten so much! 1:45:00 into my first 0.15 game and I've automated green science and am finally thinking about automating everything else. There's just so much to do!

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
Factorio: the Fun is Automated

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Factorio: Why don't forest fires burn down all the trees?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Factorio: I Forgot The Optimum Build Order, But I Don't Care

(seriously, after not playing this game for months, I don't remember how to optimally do ANYTHING, so my startup factory is yet again a horrid spaghetti mess. Heh)

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

So on that Goon Island map I finally made a bridge south and found about 1M uranium.

I don't think power will be an issue.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

I'm starting blue science but haven't left goon island. How wide are ya'll making your bridge? What did you run out of first?

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Also any way to see pollution? Hitting Alt on the map isn't doing it

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Gay Hitler posted:

Also any way to see pollution? Hitting Alt on the map isn't doing it

Click the polution button on the map.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Hrm. I wonder why the Goon Island map isn't generating the same island for me. Any additional settings I should tweak other than pasting the seed in the box?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
It's not a seed, it's a share string. Put it in the box below the seed, and I think leave the seed empty.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Haha wow. Not only can you store steam in storage tanks...

The "surface" of the steam in the window comes down from above. Did the natural gas do this originally? I can't remember the last time I had enough of that to stick in a tank.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, put it in the share field. It'll automatically in the seed as well.

As for how much I've done, I went to bed after about an hour (and then proceeded to not fall asleep for a couple hours) and am only just getting up, so I haven't even automated science yet, let alone get off the island.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
where are you guys seeing these other map options? train and stuff?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
As long as you've opted in to the .15 beta, the world gen screen now has tabs. The first has those presets, second allows finer control of resource spawns, and the third s allows for some really intense fuckery.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Factorio: Pollution Made Goon Island Smell Worse

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Dirk the Average posted:

I like this one. If you render it as Factorio: Expanding to meet the needs of the expanding factory it's only slightly longer than the current title.

Tenebrais posted:

How do you get pumps to interact with fluid tankers? They don't seem to want to hook up or anything.

This had me stumped for a while, too. The pump doesn't line up with the centre of each tank. Each wagon is 6 tiles long, making each tank 2 tiles wide, so line up the centre of a tank with the edge of a pump and it will work.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

This is what I did to leave the island. I haven't built up enough brick yet to build the defensive entry to the bridge, but I've started with it. Just need to span the last gap once it's built. Second picture is the landfill factory (that's how many fast inserters you need to maintain landfill production in an assembler 2, right up until you get the stack bonus). It's backed up at this point because the landfill iron chest is full.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Should have put the defenses closer to the island -- you missed an opportunity to have the trains run side by side and corral biters down the tracks where they'll get run over.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Loaded up an old save to grab a quick blueprint, and decided I'd take a quick look at converting my existing, small steam power setup on the map. Turns out, if you like the old setup it's entirely possible to get something that'll work pretty well.

I could go back and knock that down to one pump, but eh, I just wanted to see how it looked.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I've hit the same problem that I do in every Factorio game: I've got to automate a bunch of stuff, and expand the smelters, which means more miners, and I really need more steel, and hey look I've researched the next 8 things, I can totally start refining oil and setting up trains. But I don't have time for that, I'm still trying to automate stuff so I can put down more miners so I can feed the forge, and and and oh no there was a brownout.
I suppose it's my own fault for automating science so quickly, but I only have 8 labs! That's really not all that many.

Man this game is fun.

I'm tempted to establish a new factory elsewhere. As it stands, my starting spot is split into Science Factory and Everything Else. Once I have a lot of train stuff + basic factory building stuff, I really should strike out and find a place to start building the Rocket Base. Or do I rush Flight so I can get construction bots to make it all that much easier?

The island map looks really fun, I'm going to try it out when I get bored of the current save.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
This is pretty impressive for the first day! I'd forgotten they'd added speakers along with all the other stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1oRQX8xQeg

(not mine obviously, I haven't had time to play at all yet :( )

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I really like the music has it always been there?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Fans posted:

I really like the music has it always been there?

It's been there since the Steam release (so 0.12 onwards) at the very least. I don't remember much about 0.11 or earlier - too long ago. The DLC music is worth buying too if you're not strapped for cash. I play it often when I'm doing coding jobs as it fits in with the mood but isn't too attention grabbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I THINK I've got the ratio for MilSci packs worked out, but boy oh boy does it create spaghetti.

I'm liking the little touches that encourage even more automation. That said, this is going to be an interesting run, because the only oil I've discovered 4 hours in is right behind a massive biter nest, so it looks like I'll be turret creepin'.