Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

They also fly jets over sport.

You're almost getting it. It's kind of satisfying to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I understand we live in a country with a government and defence force and that war is bad. What is your actual point regarding the efficacy of yelling at a memorial?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

Somehow Anzac Day has turned some posters here into 16 year olds on twitter.

I have some bad news for you about posting on literally every other day as well.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

I understand we live in a country with a government and defence force and that war is bad. What is your actual point regarding the efficacy of yelling at a memorial?

I've already outlined it. My position is, if you're going to protest, you're going to offend some people. Your position is that people should only protest if they have a ten-point plan for the new regime, and only in pre-approved Safe Protest Zones. Not much point going around in circles from there.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

hooman posted:

I have some bad news for you about posting on literally every other day as well.

Doesn't usually last this long and with an equal divide of others trying to take the high ground via mealy mouthed defences and others via mealy mouthed offences. Its too much like babbys first uni politics meeting.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Lid posted:

Doesn't usually last this long and with an equal divide of others trying to take the high ground via mealy mouthed defences and others via mealy mouthed offences. Its too much like babbys first uni politics meeting.

I eagerly await your blazing insight. Any idiot can sit on the sideline and say both sides are bad.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Starshark posted:

I've already outlined it. My position is, if you're going to protest, you're going to offend some people. Your position is that people should only protest if they have a ten-point plan for the new regime, and only in pre-approved Safe Protest Zones. Not much point going around in circles from there.

You keep conflating everything into some immense concept instead of dealing with the fact that what this man did is stupid and probably counter productive when it comes to protesting a single issue. I don't know where this weird regime change poo poo comes from.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DancingShade posted:

Double triple quadruple down on the stupid!
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/apr/25/peter-dutton-demands-apology-media-manus-controversy

"Peter Dutton has demanded an apology from the media for their reporting on the origins of a violent disturbance on Manus Island two weeks ago and reiterated his claim that the violence was connected with an incident when a five-year-old boy was led into the island’s detention centre."

Mah feelings says King Potato, shedding crocodile tears.

I saw this shitheel in an interview this morning and the loving pièce de résistance is that the Minster for Torturing Children also said that "people should trust what the government tells them."

Everything which is public - including the testimony of the local Chief of Police says that potato headed nazi is wrong. He says he has information which hasn't been made public and that everyone should apologise to him or he'll go off and cry.

You've got some evidence, mate? Put up or shut up.

loving ex-cop muppet.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 25, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Starshark posted:

I eagerly await your blazing insight. Any idiot can sit on the sideline and say both sides are bad.

You've taken up a single tool at a memorial and turned it into Wyld Stallyns reforming the universe.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

You keep conflating everything into some immense concept instead of dealing with the fact that what this man did is stupid and probably counter productive when it comes to protesting a single issue. I don't know where this weird regime change poo poo comes from.

"Counter productive" is the other thing almost everyone says about a protest. They said it about Parks - a useful example to keep coming back to - and they said it about MLK which prompted him to write the letter from Birmingham jail. What 'counter productive' tends to mean is 'I wish you'd shut up because you're making me uncomfortable'. Too bad. Paradigm shifts hurt.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Starshark posted:

Who said i said both sides are bad? Most of all you are being a tremendous rear end in a top hat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Peter Hore poo poo is a paradigm shift, ok.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Both sides are bad.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Gorilla Salad posted:

You've got some evidence, mate? Put up or shut up.

It's amazing that Andrew loving Bolt is attacking Dutton about this.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Lid posted:

Who said i said both sides are bad? Most of all you are being a tremendous rear end in a top hat.

Lid posted:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

He was referring to quality of our posting. Not everything is as literal as a spreadsheet laid out on the screen of a computer.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lets unequivocate - you are an rear end in a top hat and it comes through no matter what political position you hold. No one is on your side not because you might be right bit because you are such a toxic individual that shows nothing approaching empathy people are afraid of full hearted defending of the man yelling at dawn service even if they agree with you because no one wants to be seen as your friend. Conversely the other side dont want to be tarred as jingoistic war sympathisers if they show the slightest romanticism to what ANZAC was pre Howard so they are tempering their criticism as they're afraid of being labelled pearl clutchers while JPB has the guts to know he is secure in his politics enough to understand that his actions mean having to deal with a shitstain like you whose political purity is reliant entirely on whatever is the most x-treme.

gently caress off, shut up, go away, kill yourself in no particular order.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Starshark posted:

"Counter productive" is the other thing almost everyone says about a protest. They said it about Parks - a useful example to keep coming back to - and they said it about MLK which prompted him to write the letter from Birmingham jail. What 'counter productive' tends to mean is 'I wish you'd shut up because you're making me uncomfortable'. Too bad. Paradigm shifts hurt.

Shockingly, different situations can have similar reactions from people in the short term and not actually be comparable in eventual effect.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Starshark posted:

You'll be waiting a while.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anyway starshark I wish you were as funny as duckmonster because that would balance out the vitriol a bit.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

He was referring to quality of our posting. Not everything is as literal as a spreadsheet laid out on the screen of a computer.

That's what I meant by 'both sides are bad'. Do I have to write a 1500 word analysis on everything that happens in this thread so you don't misunderstand it?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Zenithe posted:

Both sides are bad.

But what if the answer lies somewhere in the middle?

:toot:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Lid posted:

Lets unequivocate - you are an rear end in a top hat and it comes through no matter what political position you hold. No one is on your side not because you might be right bit because you are such a toxic individual that shows nothing approaching empathy people are afraid of full hearted defending of the man yelling at dawn service even if they agree with you because no one wants to be seen as your friend. Conversely the other side dont want to be tarred as jingoistic war sympathisers if they show the slightest romanticism to what ANZAC was pre Howard so they are tempering their criticism as they're afraid of being labelled pearl clutchers while JPB has the guts to know he is secure in his politics enough to understand that his actions mean having to deal with a shitstain like you whose political purity is reliant entirely on whatever is the most x-treme.

gently caress off, shut up, go away, kill yourself in no particular order.

You have such a laughable misunderstanding of what I'm saying that I'm beginning to wonder if English is your first language or if you're struggling with a TBI. Put the rage away and try to look at things in a slightly broader context before you stroke out.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
<- Thanks for the free avatars mystery donator!

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Good News: Family First is no longer a political party.
Bad News: They've merged with Bernghazis Conservative Party.

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/856828214596976640

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Starshark posted:

You have such a laughable misunderstanding of what I'm saying that I'm beginning to wonder if English is your first language or if you're struggling with a TBI. Put the rage away and try to look at things in a slightly broader context before you stroke out.

I too take the position of War is Bad while simultaneously stating people who can tell the difference between a political position and being a dickhead can only be from Literal Brain Injuries.

Milky Moor posted:

You'll be waiting a while.

:ironicat:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

:laffo:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Bogan King posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Peter Hore is hilarious though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bogan King posted:

This is going to be better than Defenders.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Never thought I'd thank Cory Bernardi for anything but cheers for the topic change.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Family First just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Christian culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in the ALP where you can become successful by being an rear end in a top hat. If you screw someone over in Family First, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. 

What this means is the conservative public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to vote for the Australian Conservatives in either house, nor will they purchase any of their membership . This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Cory has alienated an entire voting bloc with this move.

Cory, publicly apologize and cancel the merger with Family First or you can kiss your voters goodbye.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Corgi is there for 6 years he doesn't give a gently caress.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Obese man on Sky News says that Lucy Gichuhi will be sitting as an independent.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Thank the Lord.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Obese man on Sky News says that Lucy Gichuhi will be sitting as an independent.

Even crazy hard right nutter women don't want to work with Bernghazi. Who could have guessed.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

Family First just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Christian culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in the ALP where you can become successful by being an rear end in a top hat. If you screw someone over in Family First, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. 

What this means is the conservative public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to vote for the Australian Conservatives in either house, nor will they purchase any of their membership . This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Cory has alienated an entire voting bloc with this move.

Cory, publicly apologize and cancel the merger with Family First or you can kiss your voters goodbye.

Does Cory strike you as the kind of person who apologizes for anything?

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
Hopefully in six odd years the last SA senate seat goes to someone decent if FF is collapsing.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Ora Tzo posted:

Hopefully in six odd years the last SA senate seat goes to someone decent if FF is collapsing.

It will go to Pyne who will be sailing under his new flag for the Next Tuesday party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian AU posted:

Neither Peter Dutton or his staff have called the top police officer on Manus Island to confirm claims asylum seekers sought to lead a five-year-old local boy to the centre, and that the incident sparked the Good Friday shooting.

The Manus provincial police commander, David Yapu, has stood by his earlier reports, again telling Guardian Australia that Dutton’s comments are incorrect and adding that they are escalating tension on the island.

He also said police are not investigating the incident, in further direct contradiction to Dutton’s claims.

Asked if anyone from the minister’s office had called him to ask about the incident, Yapu replied: “Nobody has rung me to get confirmation or clarification on that issue.”

:lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/apr/25/manus-island-police-chief-says-he-has-not-been-contacted-by-peter-dutton-or-his-staff

• Locked thread