Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Some of the cheevs are pretty funny.

"Skill Gap" referencing the first injustice evo finals.
Donkey kong barrel throwing achievement for Grodd, kinda ape-racist
"Outta Nowhere" Bane RKO achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh. So barring some characters just not having any cheevos that would leave Joker as the only character we haven't seen yet?

I guess they could be under Secret Achievements.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Oh poo poo there's guilds. Will there be a goon guild where I will be the worst?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Huh. So barring some characters just not having any cheevos that would leave Joker as the only character we haven't seen yet?

I guess they could be under Secret Achievements.

28 on main roster with Joker as last reveal. 10 DLC characters with Darkseid as pre-order DLC then the other 9, so 38 characters all together unless they do another bonus pack like that last two games.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I feel like at least two of those secret achievements are "Complete story, X path", hell I'd almost bet three of em are

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
glad mistah j is in

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Reading the injustice comics, greek gods are full on wacks

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

That's pretty evident from reading Greek mythology too, truth told.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
We need a good/terrible name for goon guild

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jimmy Hats posted:

the goons among us

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I stand by Grodd's Goons, carrying on the proud tradition like Hercule's Heroes and all the others.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Darkseid of the Goon

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

HebrewMagic posted:

I feel like at least two of those secret achievements are "Complete story, X path", hell I'd almost bet three of em are

Are there some other secret achievements besides the four at the end of the list? Because there's a link right there on the trueachievements page to check out the hidden ones, like so: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Injustice-2/achievements?secrets=1

They aren't story spoilers so there's no reason not to look but I tagged them anyway:

quote:

Be Pre-Paired 15 (15)
Harley must dethrone an opponent in King Of The Hill with the final hit coming from Double-Trouble (Secret)
No tracked gamers have this achievement

Back To Where You Belong 15 (15)
Play as Batman and send all Gotham villains through the Arkham Transitions (Secret)

Heathens 15 (15)
Win a match with each villain (Secret)

This Is Why I Can't Have Nice Things 15 (15)
Be in the Batcave when all the Environmental Interactions are used (Secret)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol at that "OUTTA NOWHERE!!!!!!" achievement

I'm more curious about how Joker fits in, if at all, in the campaign and how he'll look. A lot of characters looked real bad in the last game and personally I felt Joker's design, especially his face, were atrocious. Don't even get me started on that ability.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol at that "OUTTA NOWHERE!!!!!!" achievement

I'm more curious about how Joker fits in, if at all, in the campaign and how he'll look. A lot of characters looked real bad in the last game and personally I felt Joker's design, especially his face, were atrocious. Don't even get me started on that ability.

In terms of story stuff? We've got Scarecrow. Batman and Superman both have some deep issues related to Joker that could totally result in hallucinating him for a fight or two somewhere along the storyline stuff. Alternately it looks like the game might start with some flashbacks to pre-Injustice-1 stuff before jumping to the current story and he could show up there?

But it's not hard to come up with an excuse for him to be in the story even though he's dead.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Evil Canadian posted:

cheev list out

https://www.trueachievements.com/n27694/injustice-2-achievement-list-revealed

No shocker Joker confirmed. Rumour of story mode branching paths confirmed as well.

Without knowing the hidden trophies, seems like an easy enough plat.

It really makes me happy there isn't a "get 1000 points in KOTH" trophy because that was pure hell in MKX where the entire player base was zero-pointing dickholes

My vote for goon group name is "Goon tube"

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 25, 2017

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So like many people here I grew up watching DCAU cartoons. I also read a few comics here and there and as of late, I've been in a DC mood.

I know some people get really bitchy with you if you pay attention to the story or characters in fighting games but I'm just wondering if Injustice does anything interesting with the cast? I love alternate takes on these characters. I never played the original game though and was wondering if I should, or if I should just get this new one?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

So like many people here I grew up watching DCAU cartoons. I also read a few comics here and there and as of late, I've been in a DC mood.

I know some people get really bitchy with you if you pay attention to the story or characters in fighting games but I'm just wondering if Injustice does anything interesting with the cast? I love alternate takes on these characters. I never played the original game though and was wondering if I should, or if I should just get this new one?

if you watched the DCAU then the story here is very similar to the Justice Lords arc wherein an alternate universe of the DC people are totalitarians based on Superman going nuts after Joker toxxed him and made him kill his wife and unborn son. From there, the Batman of hosed Up Earth pulls in guys from Real Earth Continuity to try and solve their regime problems. It's pretty interesting; maybe not as good as the two MK story modes but fairly engaging for what it is.

Injustice 2 picks up where we leave off in the Justice Lord universe. Superman is in custody, Gorilla Grodd is creating a villain society, Batman still has a rebellion strike team, and Supergirl is only just arriving to earth. Meanwhile Braniac is descending upon the world and threatening to gently caress everyone up.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

if you watched the DCAU then the story here is very similar to the Justice Lords arc wherein an alternate universe of the DC people are totalitarians based on Superman going nuts after Joker toxxed him and made him kill his wife and unborn son. From there, the Batman of hosed Up Earth pulls in guys from Real Earth Continuity to try and solve their regime problems. It's pretty interesting; maybe not as good as the two MK story modes but fairly engaging for what it is.

Injustice 2 picks up where we leave off in the Justice Lord universe. Superman is in custody, Gorilla Grodd is creating a villain society, Batman still has a rebellion strike team, and Supergirl is only just arriving to earth. Meanwhile Braniac is descending upon the world and threatening to gently caress everyone up.

Ever read Superman: Red Son? Probably one of the more famous comic alternate universes. The idea of Supreme Dictator Superman fighting Rebel Batman made me think of that comic where, if you didn't know, Superman lands in the USSR and winds up helping establish communism all over the Earth and Batman opposes him until Superman lobotomizes him. I preferred this storyline due to its ambiguity while Justice Lords was a bit more simplistic because JL Superman is explicitly evil, with the other Lords looking at him like he's a psycho.

But anyway, it sounds interesting enough. Thank you for the information. I'll get the UE of the first game and see if I like it enough to try 2.

How is the voice-acting? Did they got George Newbern (DCAU Superman) and others back?

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 25, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

Ever read Superman: Red Son? Probably one of the more famous comic alternate universes. The idea of Supreme Dictator Superman fighting Rebel Batman made me think of that comic where, if you didn't know, Superman lands in the USSR and winds up helping establish communism all over the Earth and Batman opposes him until Superman lobotomizes him. I preferred this storyline due to its ambiguity while Justice Lords was a bit more simplistic because JL Superman is explicitly evil, with the other Lords looking at him like he's a psycho.

But anyway, it sounds interesting enough. I'll get the UE of the first game and see if I like it enough to try 2.

How is the voice-acting? Did they got George Newbern (DCAU Superman) and others back?

Yeah I liked Red Son; this Superman is probably around the same level since he lobotomizes Billy Batson and kills some of his friends.

Voice acting is: Conroy as Batman, Matthew Mercer as Deadshot, Grey DeLisle as Catwoman, Newbern is Superman, Tara Strong is Harley, Alan Tudyk as Arrow, Laura Bailey is Supergirl. New to the cast is Robert Englund as Scarecrow, and the Herbert West guy from Reanimator as Braniac.

No idea if Mark Hamill is Joker this time around.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtU5Ovz61BY

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Jeffrey Combs voices Brainiac. He actually voiced Scarecrow for a while in the DCAU.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Jeffrey Combs voices Brainiac. He actually voiced Scarecrow for a while in the DCAU.

and The Question in Justice League Unlimited, which is probably my favorite DC character role he's had. looks like he'll be a good Brainiac though

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

Yeah I liked Red Son; this Superman is probably around the same level since he lobotomizes Billy Batson and kills some of his friends.

Voice acting is: Conroy as Batman, Matthew Mercer as Deadshot, Grey DeLisle as Catwoman, Newbern is Superman, Tara Strong is Harley, Alan Tudyk as Arrow, Laura Bailey is Supergirl. New to the cast is Robert Englund as Scarecrow, and the Herbert West guy from Reanimator as Braniac.

Englund was The Riddler in The Batman and actually made me care about Riddler as a character/villain. I'm sure he'll be a fine Scarecrow.

I just watched the entire story mode of Injustice 1. I think I'll just order Injustice 2 and enjoy that. Writing looks pretty solid and interesting and apparently there are tie-in comics and all that good stuff as well.

Is thee like, an Arcade Mode where characters get their own endings? Or is it just a linear story path?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The whole thing is so blatant that I doubt is Jason.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I was going to go "Man, are they seriously giving Jason Todd a stupid glowing power-up suit" and then I remember that is literally the gimmick of Injustice 2 so that's actually kind of funny.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The whole thing is so blatant that I doubt is Jason.

That's what we thought about Arkham Knight.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

if this means Jason Todd gets a 'dress up as batman and shoot people with guns' skin in the actual game i'm all for it though

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

Is thee like, an Arcade Mode where characters get their own endings? Or is it just a linear story path?

there's standard Arcade with character specific arcade endings, and Story Mode which may or may not have multiple paths

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

My DC Universe Online character was literally "Batman with a gun" so I'm glad to see them taking ideas from me

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

NikkolasKing posted:

Englund was The Riddler in The Batman and actually made me care about Riddler as a character/villain. I'm sure he'll be a fine Scarecrow.

I just watched the entire story mode of Injustice 1. I think I'll just order Injustice 2 and enjoy that. Writing looks pretty solid and interesting and apparently there are tie-in comics and all that good stuff as well.

Yes. The endings for Injustice 1 are pretty fun too if you want more movie time.

The comic tie ins are better quality story and writing if you ever want to check those out too. Some great character moments on par with the best DCAU had to offer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

there's standard Arcade with character specific arcade endings, and Story Mode which may or may not have multiple paths

The multiple paths are confirmed via the achievements.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
All the Super moves for each character but Brainiac and Joker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECUxAzSw2GQ

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Goonrilla City.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Goon 52

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
So who are all those characters who got their heads blown off in this week's comic?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

GameRiot has some video showing off "Multiverse" gameplay mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVSjqyCvXP8

Screen cap from youtube.

Top Row: Cyborg, Green Lantern, Flash, Grodd, Aquaman, Atrocitus, Batman, Superman, Supergirl, Dr. Fate, Robin, Bane, Scarecrow, Catwoman.
Bottom Row: Locked, Green Arrow, Captain Cold, Cheetah, Swamp Thing, Blue Beetle, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, Deadshot, Black Canary, Firestorm, Poison Ivy, Black Adam, Locked.

One of the locked slots should be Joker, the other should be Darkseid.

Also, in addition to the event streaming on youtube on Friday, there is another event streaming on Facebook on Thursday.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

All the Super moves for each character but Brainiac and Joker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECUxAzSw2GQ

All look slick, but I still like Black Adam the most. He's probably going to be my guy unless there's a real upset reveal at the last second.

Going to suggest that the guild name be Strength of Gooncules

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Fool posted:

GameRiot has some video showing off "Multiverse" gameplay mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVSjqyCvXP8

Screen cap from youtube.

Top Row: Cyborg, Green Lantern, Flash, Grodd, Aquaman, Atrocitus, Batman, Superman, Supergirl, Dr. Fate, Robin, Bane, Scarecrow, Catwoman.
Bottom Row: Locked, Green Arrow, Captain Cold, Cheetah, Swamp Thing, Blue Beetle, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, Deadshot, Black Canary, Firestorm, Poison Ivy, Black Adam, Locked.

One of the locked slots should be Joker, the other should be Darkseid.

Also, in addition to the event streaming on youtube on Friday, there is another event streaming on Facebook on Thursday.

man it's pretty crazy how far they've come with the faces of all the characters. Superman was super rough at first and looks completely different. I wish Black Adam didn't look like a guy from Goodfellas but ah well, it's funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

MinibarMatchman posted:

man it's pretty crazy how far they've come with the faces of all the characters. Superman was super rough at first and looks completely different. I wish Black Adam didn't look like a guy from Goodfellas but ah well, it's funny.

He looks like a really buff Middle Eastern guy. It's mainly the hair that prompts that comparison I think.

• Locked thread