Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like what I played of the stories in Edith Finch so far. That said, I am interested in the reaction to one particular story...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i need plus for driveclub?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQmXsGcYP3o

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Story trailer. PLEASE let this finally be Capcom's answer to Netherrealm Studios...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's out in four months and that's the closest they've come to showing gameplay, also buy the $90 edition if you want all the characters, it's gonna be a bigger disaster than SFV.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Schremp Howard posted:

While I shouldn't be surprised by it I'm still salty that Xbox has two standard Forza titles plus a Horizon one while we don't have anything Gran Turismo yet.

Worse. Two standard Forza titles with a third on the way , and two horizon titles (horizon 2 was both 360 and Xbox one) and both horizon titles have decent sized expansion packs and there's one more coming for horizon 3.

If you really really love racing games it's hard to argue not picking up a cheap Xbox one s and get all the Forza titles.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQmXsGcYP3o

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Story trailer. PLEASE let this finally be Capcom's answer to Netherrealm Studios...

This is such a poo poo trailer oh my god

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The best thing about the trailer is people joking about Chris shooting UltronSigma with a 9mm. Other than that and having 6 characters as day 1 DLC... :ughh:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Chris is so hilariously outclassed in that trailer. Like you sandwich a pistol in between Thor & Hulk? Whaaaaaaaat?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAoCOXBE0yY

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Chris' best move is boulder punching, using guns is just a mere distraction.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Holy poo poo those Night Trap 32X/Sega-CD limited run boxes.

Also I'm glad MvCI Chris isn't weird face-scan RE7 Chris.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope they recorded some new footage for the intro to replace all the Genesis controller shots with shots of a DS4

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tipper Gore is not going to be happy about this.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This cat won't stop telling me to go to bed!!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

veni veni veni posted:

Tipper Gore is not going to be happy about this.

Rated T for Teen.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Digirat posted:

This cat won't stop telling me to go to bed!!

Take your time.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It waited until my guard was down and then bam time for a story bender

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
I would pay a stupid amount of money just for an updated Gran Turismo 3: A Spec on PS4

That game was like the best racing game ever (never played Forza which I know is basically of similar caliber)

I really want a game where I start with a lovely car, buy some upgrades to it, and slowly get better and better cars/parts for them until I get a new license etc. GT3 just had that perfect slow drip of increase where I could save up for a whole new car or just pimp out the one I had until it was best in class. No other game really has anything like that which I feel like was the best hook in ever.

Need for Speed Pro Street was also a really cool game with similar concept and a little more refined "career" mode but less realistic and less cars. I don't remember if you unlocked them either. Basically PS4 please get some better old school racing games on PS-Now at the very least :(

Scorps fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 25, 2017

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Another Burnout please.

NFS: Rivals was really good also, although with the whole online aspect of the game idk how it would play these days 3 1/2 years after release.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I know Midnight Club is pretty well regarded, is there any chance Rockstar would revive that or is it dead in the water?

I am also still mourning the loss of Burnout. Takedown was awesome and I still throw on Paradise once in awhile. Need for Speed just doesn't cut it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Burnout Paradise is a strong reason to boot my 360 every few weeks for some stunts. I own Burnout: Revenge on my 360 aswell but call me weird, I like Paradise more.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't tell the difference between one racing game to the next other than if I'm terrible at it it's probably a "sim" and if I can go for more than 30 seconds without flipping the car it's "arcade"

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I can't tell the difference between one racing game to the next other than if I'm terrible at it it's probably a "sim" and if I can go for more than 30 seconds without flipping the car it's "arcade"

is rocket league a sim

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Scorps posted:

I would pay a stupid amount of money just for an updated Gran Turismo 3: A Spec on PS4

That game was like the best racing game ever (never played Forza which I know is basically of similar caliber)

I really want a game where I start with a lovely car, buy some upgrades to it, and slowly get better and better cars/parts for them until I get a new license etc. GT3 just had that perfect slow drip of increase where I could save up for a whole new car or just pimp out the one I had until it was best in class. No other game really has anything like that which I feel like was the best hook in ever.

Need for Speed Pro Street was also a really cool game with similar concept and a little more refined "career" mode but less realistic and less cars. I don't remember if you unlocked them either. Basically PS4 please get some better old school racing games on PS-Now at the very least :(

On the questionnaire for the GT Sport beta, I put under the "hopes" field that I hope "it's like GT3:A Spec with updated car models and tracks."

Hogscraper
Nov 6, 2004

Audio master

Policenaut posted:

Holy poo poo those Night Trap 32X/Sega-CD limited run boxes.

Yeah, when I first saw them I was elated. Those guys are super stoked on this release. There's still an unrevealed but mentioned third version of the red box cover. With an artist completely recreating the original painting.

Hello, one of my best friends is the developer of this rerelease. I have some tiny bits of code here and there but I've mostly been just consulting, testing, and I cut the reveal trailer you posted and Sony released.

It's weird to get to be a part of things from your childhood.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hogscraper posted:

Yeah, when I first saw them I was elated. Those guys are super stoked on this release. There's still an unrevealed but mentioned third version of the red box cover. With an artist completely recreating the original painting.

Hello, one of my best friends is the developer of this rerelease. I have some tiny bits of code here and there but I've mostly been just consulting, testing, and I cut the reveal trailer you posted and Sony released.

It's weird to get to be a part of things from your childhood.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope they recorded some new footage for the intro to replace all the Genesis controller shots with shots of a DS4

Hogscraper
Nov 6, 2004

Audio master

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ha! Unfortunately, no. It's being developed as multi-platform so no platform specific things in this version. But I would absolutely go as far to call this the definitive release of Night Trap.

One thing we did find out upon getting the original footage is realize the entire intro that everyone knows and loves with the Genesis controller was actually filmed by Sega and inserted into the release of that game. The 3DO release then filmed yet another controller shot for the release of that game. We don't have that original footage or know how to track it down so this release has the original intro that has never been seen in any release of the game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Finally, the definitive version of Night Trap

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I was hoping for a more concrete release date rather then just "Spring" especially since we are already about halfway through the spring season already.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hogscraper posted:

Ha! Unfortunately, no. It's being developed as multi-platform so no platform specific things in this version. But I would absolutely go as far to call this the definitive release of Night Trap.

One thing we did find out upon getting the original footage is realize the entire intro that everyone knows and loves with the Genesis controller was actually filmed by Sega and inserted into the release of that game. The 3DO release then filmed yet another controller shot for the release of that game. We don't have that original footage or know how to track it down so this release has the original intro that has never been seen in any release of the game.

What did the footage arrive on, Digibeta? Was it originally shot on film?

Hogscraper
Nov 6, 2004

Audio master

homeless snail posted:

Finally, the definitive version of Night Trap

Ha, I know, right? I will say that if you're more into the cult / b-movie aspect of this game then you are absolutely going to be interested in this release even if the gameplay bores you.

mateo360 posted:

I was hoping for a more concrete release date rather then just "Spring" especially since we are already about halfway through the spring season already.

I know. My friend doesn't want to set an exact release date because he doesn't want to be the guy missing a release date over and over. What I can tell you is that it has entered testing / bug fixing and we are all trying to break it as best as we can because no one wants to be responsible for shipping physical copies out via Limited Run that have game breaking bugs that would make the physical releases unplayable without a patch. We're all pretty into the idea that if you're going to do a physical release it should be playable in that release version in another 25 years.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What did the footage arrive on, Digibeta? Was it originally shot on film?

Beta is the best source we have. Which is why you won't see it called a HD release. I'm sure it was shot on film but no one is really certain if or where a 16/35mm print may still exist.

P.S. WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT AWFUL CREW THAT BOTCHED THE KICKSTARTER

Hogscraper fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 25, 2017

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Spectre of Torment's out now, so I'm gonna play it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

It's out in four months and that's the closest they've come to showing gameplay, also buy the $90 edition if you want all the characters, it's gonna be a bigger disaster than SFV.
Is it a disaster in that it's not being sold/played, or it's a lovely game, or both?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is it a disaster in that it's not being sold/played, or it's a lovely game, or both?

Sfv implies both

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Hogscraper posted:

P.S. WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT AWFUL CREW THAT BOTCHED THE KICKSTARTER

You do realize that "Awful Crew" you're insulting were the original creators right?

EDIT: go rewatch the Kickstarter video if you don't believe me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1018579240/night-trap-revamped/description

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 25, 2017

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Schremp Howard posted:

I know Midnight Club is pretty well regarded, is there any chance Rockstar would revive that or is it dead in the water?

Pretty sure it's dead. I liked the early ones but hated LA, the rubber banding and AI cheating in that game was infuriating.

Hogscraper
Nov 6, 2004

Audio master

mateo360 posted:

You do realize that "Awful Crew" you're insulting were the original creators right?

Fair. You have to realize that the original guys behind the "game" are filmmakers and not game developers or really have any ties to the gaming industry in any way. They still continue to work in film.

By "awful crew" I mean the marketing guys who were trying to get it together originally with no plan, vague goals / reward tiers, and not a single real developer consulted through any of it. When the gaming press got a hold of it to tear it apart it's no wonder it fizzled. The gaming press also went straight to the original creators for answers because they were in Kickstarter videos but those guys really didn't have the technical answers to the questions the press wanted.

Edit: I still think ReVamped is a great name.

Edit Edit: As much smack as I talk about that Kickstarter and how I would have done things differently. The end goal was the same. Fanboys trying to put it out on a modern platform.

Hogscraper fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 25, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Burnout Paradise is a strong reason to boot my 360 every few weeks for some stunts. I own Burnout: Revenge on my 360 aswell but call me weird, I like Paradise more.

I still don't think they've made a racing game yet that can top Burnout 3.

...God, just make it a PS2 classic already.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Wanted to thank the folks that gave me the FFXV advice the other day. I have beaten the adamantoise, flown the Regalia, and have gotten two out of the three weapons I needed.

The ring is really, really useful. The last major thing I have to do to get this plat is deal with Costlemark Tower. I tried to get through it earlier and got stuck in the puzzle area.

Since I know I'll be frustrated as all hell going to Costlemark Tower, I'll round the game off with some fishing. Have 4 levels to go on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Finally, Dana Plato on PS4.