Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

are you gonna be okay?

e: new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Please don't die for the thread

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

jizz

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It just made my guts extremely unhappy for a bit. They're not great but I dont think I'll die.

I think I'll leave the cans at work.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

It's pretty impressive that there exists something that is somehow lower grade than a hot pocket, and yet here I am, looking at it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'll pick one up tomorrow if they have it in stock. This isn't a toxx, the store is Calgary Co-Op and they loving suck at keeping non white people food in stock, so they might not have them at the moment.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

What about a steak and cheese hot pocket is not 100% white people food to you?

edit: Oh I bet you didn't refresh your browser and are talking about the peanut punch.

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Apr 25, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

To be fair, I think I'd rather eat all the worst peanut-based "ethnic foods" than any hot pocket.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Picnic Princess posted:

I'll pick one up tomorrow if they have it in stock. This isn't a toxx, the store is Calgary Co-Op and they loving suck at keeping non white people food in stock, so they might not have them at the moment.

Lol, I used to work at the Brentwood Co-op. Let me know how the peanut slurry is

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Eh, would. Wouldn't get excited about it but would.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

I now have 3 cans and feelings of regret.

I'll buy one from you (and pay shipping, of course) if you're willing to sell/ship one. I'll even post a trip report!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Ramos posted:

It's probably decent tasting (at least, edible) but they have a lot of nerve calling that "loaded".

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Thai peanut chicken stuffed hot pocket

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ramos posted:

That part that's all bread is gonna come out hard as a rock

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"our Polish chef's take on breakfast"

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

"our Polish chef's take on breakfast"

Please, take that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Corn and boiled chicken do not belong at the breakfast table.

And the aspic I guess.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Why does aspic get rules and guidelines but pizza doesn't???

This is bullshit this thread is assholes YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF HITLERS oooh pretty colors

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Imprisoned corn being taunted by loose corn.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Is it truly loose corn, or escaped corn? Loose corn implies intent. Corn that's escaped from aspic is just kind of wandering around without much direction, I think.

I had these the other day and was disappointed:

My wife and I were talking about entering the Lays chip flavor contest. She says tandoori chicken and I'm inclined to think it's a winner. My Minnesota buddy says wild rice stuffing would also sell.

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 17:08 on Apr 25, 2017

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Bubblyblubber posted:

Why does aspic get rules and guidelines but pizza doesn't???

Aspic doesn't have rules because it's not meant to be eaten.

...right?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I had these the other day and was disappointed:

My wife and I were talking about entering the Lays chip flavor contest. She says tandoori chicken and I'm inclined to think it's a winner. My Minnesota buddy says wild rice stuffing would also sell.
Aw, I thought the Beer 'n' Brats were some of the better chips in this round; Southwestern Queso was a snore. But I tend to like the very savory flavors (I miss their Szechuan Chicken, Picanha, and Reuben). Speaking of which, I think tandoori chicken might be too close to their tikka masala variety, which was also delicious.

I don't even like chips! :psyduck: But I'm a sucker for different/unusual flavors. Walkers made a lamb and mint variety that was tasty as. President's Choice has some intriguing flavors, too. I need to get to Canada more often.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

(just in time!)

we tried the cheeseburger ones yesterday, they were okay. I'm unsure if the corn would taste like corn chips or like.... corn-flavoured chips..........

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Snoo posted:

I'm unsure if the corn would taste like corn chips or like.... corn-flavoured chips..........

I've never quite understood that. Remember when they had chocolate flavored skittles? There are real and better tasting options, why make one thing badly taste like something else.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Stampede Fume flavor, my favorite

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

For some reason, the stores around here have very few of these new weird flavors. I had no idea there was a tikka masala. I'm gonna go on a hunt for some new ones.

My friend also suggested kimchi, pho, and leftover pizza as flavors. Just imagine opening up a bag of chips and getting a whiff of kimchi.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I've tried the cheeseburger flavored chips that were highly recommended by goons. I am not picky when it comes to chips, but those things were revolting. Ate 1/4 bag, would not try again.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

For some reason, the stores around here have very few of these new weird flavors. I had no idea there was a tikka masala. I'm gonna go on a hunt for some new ones.
They're pretty limited-edition, and I think the tikka masala ones came out last summer or thereabouts. There's not much out there now, since they're preparing to release this year's round of Do Us a Flavor finalists. Check smaller shops; you never know!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Weiner, less buns, heart attack

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Jelly and carbonation are not two sensations that should go together at all.
Reminds me of the "champagne jello" they put out in the 90s. instead of cold water, you poured in cold carbonated water. It was weird and not good.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

Reminds me of the "champagne jello" they put out in the 90s. instead of cold water, you poured in cold carbonated water. It was weird and not good.
:ssh: You can do this with any gelatin powder. There's nothing special about "sparkling Jell-O" or the like.

I make this terrine with prosecco and fresh fruit:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hirayuki posted:

I don't even like chips! :psyduck: But I'm a sucker for different/unusual flavors. Walkers made a lamb and mint variety that was tasty as. President's Choice has some intriguing flavors, too. I need to get to Canada more often.

I just ate a bag of the buffalo-blue ones, aka the best chips in the world, in a sitting.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Hirayuki posted:

:ssh: You can do this with any gelatin powder. There's nothing special about "sparkling Jell-O" or the like.

That looks nice, but please don't call a jello mold terrine.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Millennial Sexlord posted:

That looks nice, but please don't call a jello mold terrine.
Tell (the now defunct) Gourmet, not me. :shrug:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

if we're being that pedantic about the term, then most things posted in here as terrines aren't either.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

That sounds amazing

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

What's the formal definition of a terrine then? I just assumed it was usually forcemeat assembled with some gelatin but didn't know if it was exclusive to meat or whatever.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

forcemeat

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

MODS